• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ (Competitive Hacks): Codes, Videos, and Discussion (THREAD OUT OF DATE)

zxeon

Smash Lord
Cool thx, that's almost exactly what i'm planning save manual L cancel if I can fit it.
Can I ask what is No lag run, ie. what does it do and where can I get the code?

Edit: I'm guessing it's the dash cancel with crouch?
I don't know what the actual name of the "No lag run" code thats what I entered it into my code list as. It basically replaces the skid at the end of your run with your standing animation. So it's like crouch canceling but without the imput and takes up less lines.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
I don't know what the actual name of the "No lag run" code thats what I entered it into my code list as. It basically replaces the skid at the end of your run with your standing animation. So it's like crouch canceling but without the imput and takes up less lines.
I don't recommend that code, it unbalances some characters like Sonic can slide an up tilt or luigi slides with jabs or anything the half length of FD. lol

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Something isn't unbalanced or broken just because you say so. You need proof that it is completly broken.
You call that balance with this code that only 2 or 3 characters can slide such a long distance with ANY attack, fine.
It also messes up with the movement precision, with luigi/sonic you have to block after any dash if you want to stand still.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
With crouch cancel you have the exact same options without the glitchy slide.

zxeon

Smash Lord
With crouch cancel you have the exact same options without the glitchy slide.
The Crouch Canceling code uses too many lines. This code does the same thing with less lines. Besides sliding isn't a glitch. If that where true then Luigi would be the by your definition a big glitch.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
The Crouch Canceling code uses too many lines. This code does the same thing with less lines. Besides sliding isn't a glitch. If that where true then Luigi would be the by your definition a big glitch.
Do as you please, but i bet crouch cancel will stay in the final. And yes, the length of the slides you get from the other code is glitchy, there is no way a halfway FD sliding Luigi is working as intended. That looks just stupid.

zxeon

Smash Lord
Do as you please, but i bet crouch cancel will stay in the final. And yes, the length of the slides you get from the other code is glitchy, there is no way a halfway FD sliding Luigi is working as intended. That looks just stupid.
It's not glitchy. It's a direct result of Luigi's low traction and the speed of his run.

All that is just the long way of saying: Yes that's how it was intended to be.

Alopex

Smash Ace
You guys are arguing about "what was intended" in a BRAWL PLUS thread?

I think you guys need to remind yourselves exactly what it is we do around here...

zxeon

Smash Lord
You guys are arguing about "what was intended" in a BRAWL PLUS thread?

I think you guys need to remind yourselves exactly what it is we do around here...
Well what I mean by "intended" is that we didn't modify in any way the physics responsible for the sliding just opened up the possiblity for it to happen.

D

Deleted member

ehm, NO.
we are already f***ing up the engine way more than was "intended" and I think the dash cancel is not long.
do you use the PT codes or something?

Alopex

Smash Ace
I treat the two PW codes as a priority, and I won't rest until they're standard. If would be great if they could be combined/shortened, but even if they aren't, they're vital to this game. So very, very vital.

Almas

Smash Lord
I think he means the PT codes. There's three in total - one which lets you choose between an independant pokémon (without fatique) or the PT, and one which makes Pokémon have no fatigue and not swap on death. The latter pair of codes are longer in length but make him a more viable character. I personally prefer the first code though - it IS significantly shorter and that many lines shouldn't be dedicated to balancing one character.

D

Deleted member

it's pretty old, it's simply replacing actions with other actions, such as run with jump :p or shield witth stand etc.

Alopex

Smash Ace
I personally prefer the first code though - it IS significantly shorter and that many lines shouldn't be dedicated to balancing one character.
I'm certain someone will find a way to reduce the length of the two codes or combine them to decrease the length.

Those codes aren't even balancing the PT, they're fixing him. The PT is utterly broken with those terrible mechanics. Those codes are fixes.

The independent Pokemon code is a band-aid. We're not a community of band-aiders. We can do better!

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
I'm certain someone will find a way to reduce the length of the two codes or combine them to decrease the length.

Those codes aren't even balancing the PT, they're fixing him. The PT is utterly broken with those terrible mechanics. Those codes are fixes.

The independent Pokemon code is a band-aid. We're not a community of band-aiders. We can do better!
One code with infinite stamina + no swap on death would be cool. As for doing better, we should be able to swap back and forth instead of just one direction. Like, tapping/tilting swaps normally and holding/smashing swaps backwards :p

D

Deleted member

One code with infinite stamina + no swap on death would be cool. As for doing better, we should be able to swap back and forth instead of just one direction. Like, tapping/tilting swaps normally and holding/smashing swaps backwards :p
I think we should leave character specific alone for now or people are gonna demand that we start working on every character (except MK maybe)

Milos

Smash Lord
I don't see what else you're going to hack into the game engine. might as well start on character balance.

I mean, besides the lack of depth, combos, and advanced techs (all of which have been taken care of with these current hacks) brawl's biggest problem is definitely character balance....

[/bittersweet statement]

D

Deleted member

I'm still working on hitlag but we could start on character balance yeah.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
yea do it. it's very feasible to alter tiny aspects of characters to balance the game.
Come on guys, we still need dash dancing, running momentum (when jumping), lower hitlag, item codes (not completely necessary I guess), ect.

And even after we finish all of that, how do you expect to get everyone to agree on what character specific codes to implement?

"Make Snake lighter?" Snake being heavy is exactly what makes him easy to combo! If you take that away then any kind of horizontally oriented combos on him will stop working! Making him lighter would be a buff!

And how can we work on character balance when we aren't even sure how our changes have already affected it? Snake and DDD were top tier partially because they lived forever, but with their size and weight it will be significantly easier to rack damage on them (and thus kill them) in brawl+.

D

Deleted member

first of DDing is already out.
and secondly, yes we can't just decide "this gets nerfed", "this gets a buff" etc, but it's better to experiment than no try at all, same thing can be said on the normal codes, "we can't decide on the values so we don't use it".

Milos

Smash Lord
Dark sonic, I believe you're thinking of falling speed, not weight.

falling speed is what defines how well you can be comboed, weight is just for how long you'll survive.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^But it's still too early!! Do you even know who the top tier characters are in brawl+? Do you know who you should be nerfing and who you should be buffing? How do you even know that you need to nerf Snake? What if brawl+ happens to give him a hard counter. I don't know, Kirby, Pikachu, Yoshi, maybe his hard counters in normal brawl still apply? Maybe they got even better against him since they can combo and he can't?

Dark sonic, I believe you're thinking of falling speed, not weight.
No, I'm definitely talking about weight. Fall speed only affects how far you are sent vertically (in combination with weight, with weight actually being a much more important factor). Weight is the only factor when it comes to pure horizontal knockback. Therefore, lowering a characters weight makes them travel farther horizontally (it affects vertical distance too, but not as much), and would make horizontally oriented combos stop working. That is specifically why I included "horizontally oriented" in my post.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
You can find the codes but its hard to narrow down what needs change without extensive play in B+. Going off only what things were like in VB is using outdated information and makes B+ appear to be no different than VB or can lead to misbalance since character have X fault for a reason. For example better recovery for link? The guy is a heavy char, hard to kill, has a teather, and can bomb jump when timed right. He has decent priority at the cost of being simi slow along with the advantages that with a sword user.

It also does not help that a characters potential and placing in a fightng takes time to figure out based on player skill from all levels of the game (see sonic and snake). Finally, good luck agreeing on a set of rules when we still argue on about stages to this day.

D

Deleted member

we are you hestiating to at least try out some stuff? whe should start to work towards a standard codeset by now anyway.

I vote for
1.3 fallspeed
3 weak /4 strong shieldstun (old code, new has to be ported but would be *4 and +2)
8.5% hitstun
ALC
lagless ledges (on 4/5 speed)
dash cancel
no tripping
dash dancing
stale move on 1/2

I'm missing something

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^MookieRah said that 3 week shieldstun was too much (it caused some characters jabs to lock people in shieldstun)

And what about running momentum while jumping (what are they calling this!)

I mean, if anyone were to suggest something to buff Sonic in brawl+, I would laugh my *** off!!

In normal brawl, he's bad (top of low tier bad, but still bad), but in brawl+?

I'd do the same thing if someone suggested to nerf DDD (who is still good, but not nearly as good as he was before).

"Trying out stuff" is all fine and dandy, but do you have any idea how implementing any character specific buffs and nerfs would affect the brawl+ metagame (not the VB metagame)?

Top Bottom