• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ (Competitive Hacks): Codes, Videos, and Discussion (THREAD OUT OF DATE)

Team Giza

Smash Lord
If we end up being able to find specific attacks base values for knockback then I think the best nerf for metaknight would be to significantly nerf his down+smash and slightly nerf the knockback on his up+B.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Nah, he just needs some adjustments for priority. It's not his killing potential thats the killer, its his ability to attack without any openings for counterattack, or his ability to destroy approaches with high priority moves like the tornado.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
MK dittos forever.
wow... i wish you could edit random char select like you can random stage select. HAHA

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Suddenly, everyone becomes a Random main... :laugh:
I know that was a joke, but I tried it before and it doesn't work. The random button chooses from all the characters on the CSS (So you can get ZSS if you made her there) so as soon as you go to the screen the game locks up.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
We ran the tournament this weekend and I have some feedback.

Copy and paste from AGT9000+ Thread:

I actually don't think that shield stun is the deal breaker. I think it is more about shield raise/drop time. That's the real issue here. See, you don't actually have to block an attack to reap the benefits of the instant shield. It is a massive deterrent, and narrows the window in which you can take advantage of attack lag. Shield stun should make the drop time go up, but the fact that the shield goes up/comes down in 1 frame is a huge reason why shielding is so good.

I don't think anyone had a huge problem with the hitstun. Smash DI is nearly essential to getting out of many combos, which is a great thing.

Do either or you guys know why ROBs throw got worse?

------------------------

So yes, I'm not convinced that shieldstun is the fix to the defense problem. It actually may cause more problems than it solves with shield traps and such. Adding a simple delay to raising and falling shields will probably create the best environment.

We don't know why ROBs throws don't kill anymore.

Also, I think that the amount hitstun is not a major factor, as Smash DI tends to decide if someone gets out of certain combos as much as anything. I could see going a tad higher than the 9% we were using, but I don't think it needs much more as there were plenty of opportunities for combos. There will be some good vids of Jeff's Sonic doing some crazy stuff against one of the best player's in the Midwest Snake.

Auto L-Cancel fits the game well, and opens up more opportunities. Melee air dodge is simply not suited to Brawl, and it wrecks people who are transitioning, so Brawl Air Dodge is the way to go. I just don't see a reason for a combined air dodge. It may help, it may just be stupid and a waste of code space.

I don't necessarily agree that MK is any more broken in Brawl+ than he is in Brawl...but he is still the best by a good amount. Something to keep an eye on, I can see there being just as much discussion in Brawl+ as there was in Brawl for the banning of MK.

I love playing single Pokemon, but I'm not sure I like the idea. It kind of ruins the character...but I think that this code is probably one of those codes that you just keep for popularity's sake. I think that if no-stamina mode is activated, then you shouldn't be able to switch Pokemon, but it would be great if you could play regular PT as well.

There really aren't that many more adjustments to be made. I feel that the game is very solid the way that we played it. I could see gravity getting a tiny bump, but in the interests of keeping Brawl+ as similar to the old game as possible, I don't know that it's necessary to change it.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
I love playing single Pokemon, but I'm not sure I like the idea. It kind of ruins the character...but I think that this code is probably one of those codes that you just keep for popularity's sake. I think that if no-stamina mode is activated, then you shouldn't be able to switch Pokemon, but it would be great if you could play regular PT as well.
Not sure if it was mentioned in response to this before, but the "hold shield for independent pokemon" code does EXACTLY what you want. Plus, it's much shorter than no stamina/no autoswap.

Otherwise, I think I agree with your overall assestment on the shield issue, though shield stun is a step in that direciton.

Revven

FrankerZ
Not sure if it was mentioned in response to this before, but the "hold shield for independent pokemon" code does EXACTLY what you want. Plus, it's much shorter than no stamina/no autoswap.
And before anyone says it, no, this code does NOT cause corruption anymore. Spunit fixed it so it doesn't do that at all.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I get to go play Brawl+ with some skilled Smashers soon, although they've never played it, only Vanilla Brawl. Should be interesting, I hope they like it.

zxeon

Smash Lord
I get to go play Brawl+ with some skilled Smashers soon, although they've never played it, only Vanilla Brawl. Should be interesting, I hope they like it.
If they've never complained about Bwarl I don't know how much they are gonna like Brawl+. If all they know is holds your hand Vanilla Brawl they might not like it. Especially if they consider themselves "Good" at Bawrl.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
If they've never complained about Bwarl I don't know how much they are gonna like Brawl+. If all they know is holds your hand Vanilla Brawl they might not like it. Especially if they consider themselves "Good" at Bawrl.
well said.
if someone's good at something, they don't usually want to change it up. haha

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I would rather have a limited and growing understanding of a complex wine than a good understanding of a simple juice.

Regardless, LumpyCPU... did you try Brawl+ yet?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
I would rather have a limited and growing understanding of a complex wine than a good understanding of a simple juice.

Regardless, LumpyCPU... did you try Brawl+ yet?
Have you popped your Brawl+ cherry?
actually, i agree with you shell, but i think the average person wouldn't see it in that same light.

and no, guys... i haven't lol
idk anyone hacking

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I should have said that they were skilled Melee players, because that's true too.

Anyways, I think it went over pretty well. Some liked it more than others, but nobody complained.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
We ran the tournament this weekend and I have some feedback.

Copy and paste from AGT9000+ Thread:

I actually don't think that shield stun is the deal breaker. I think it is more about shield raise/drop time. That's the real issue here. See, you don't actually have to block an attack to reap the benefits of the instant shield. It is a massive deterrent, and narrows the window in which you can take advantage of attack lag. Shield stun should make the drop time go up, but the fact that the shield goes up/comes down in 1 frame is a huge reason why shielding is so good.

I don't think anyone had a huge problem with the hitstun. Smash DI is nearly essential to getting out of many combos, which is a great thing.

Do either or you guys know why ROBs throw got worse?

------------------------

So yes, I'm not convinced that shieldstun is the fix to the defense problem. It actually may cause more problems than it solves with shield traps and such. Adding a simple delay to raising and falling shields will probably create the best environment.

We don't know why ROBs throws don't kill anymore.

Also, I think that the amount hitstun is not a major factor, as Smash DI tends to decide if someone gets out of certain combos as much as anything. I could see going a tad higher than the 9% we were using, but I don't think it needs much more as there were plenty of opportunities for combos. There will be some good vids of Jeff's Sonic doing some crazy stuff against one of the best player's in the Midwest Snake.

Auto L-Cancel fits the game well, and opens up more opportunities. Melee air dodge is simply not suited to Brawl, and it wrecks people who are transitioning, so Brawl Air Dodge is the way to go. I just don't see a reason for a combined air dodge. It may help, it may just be stupid and a waste of code space.

I don't necessarily agree that MK is any more broken in Brawl+ than he is in Brawl...but he is still the best by a good amount. Something to keep an eye on, I can see there being just as much discussion in Brawl+ as there was in Brawl for the banning of MK.

There really aren't that many more adjustments to be made. I feel that the game is very solid the way that we played it. I could see gravity getting a tiny bump, but in the interests of keeping Brawl+ as similar to the old game as possible, I don't know that it's necessary to change it.
for the sake of getting this around more easily, a 'standardized' codeset you bigname dudes here at SWF agree upon would help out tremendously. is there a set of codes you guys use? if so, it would help out a lot when it comes to spreading this around.

K1T3

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, hopefully.
A problem with the Lagless edges, it doesn't release the edge with back as you could do in melee to prevent having to fast fall to let go of the edge and allowed you to get back further onto the stage with a ledge hop.
Edit: was this already fixed? I'm reading it you can let go of the edge with back, I guess I need to update my code list --;;

Also, any way we could get a code to allow you to shield during the initial dash of a character as melee allowed? Aggressive options are limited without being able to shield during your dash.

Another thing as Prime mentioned a slight increase at least to shield release time would be nice.

Edit2: Please someone make dash dancing useable! Of course I think that being able to shield during your dash animation code will be necessary to go with any dash dancing code

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Phantom Wings is currently working on dash dancing. We don't have a time frame, just keep an eye on this thread.

Also, you are correct that you were using an outdated version of the lagless ledge code.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I think I figured out what I thought was odd about the fast edge code. It doesn't seem to work for either a certain amount of time or until you land again. I don't know if it's accidental, but it's a nice anti-stalling touch.

What were the stipulations given to PW about dash dancing, just out of curiosity?

K1T3

Smash Lord
Probably just to extend the initial dash window.
Dash dancing will of course be nice but it will really be mostly unviable without being able to shield during your dash like you could in 64 and melee.... is there any way this can be communicated to PW?

Also where does he post his new codes at?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Dash dancing will of course be nice but it will really be mostly unviable without being able to shield during your dash like you could in 64 and melee
Umm...no it wouldn't. Fox never shielded out of his dash dance. The entire point of the dash dance is to make your opponent miss and then retaliate.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
The new sliding shield has it's uses anyways such as glide tossing and is another approach people can add to their repertoire. I don't think the instant stop on a dime shield is necessary.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I wonder if there's a way to enable Melee dodge for directional dodges ONLY and not pressing a direction on the Control Stick will give you a momentum dodge (Brawl)

K1T3

Smash Lord
Umm...no it wouldn't. Fox never shielded out of his dash dance. The entire point of the dash dance is to make your opponent miss and then retaliate.
Not anywhere near never. But it's true it would still be quite useful, but even more if you could shield.

The new sliding shield has it's uses anyways such as glide tossing and is another approach people can add to their repertoire. I don't think the instant stop on a dime shield is necessary.
I mean the fact that you can't shield AT ALL during your initual dash animation in brawl. It's not too noticeable right now as the initial dash animations are so short but if we extend them to allow useful dash dancing then if you don't dash dance and simply start dashing at your opponent you will be stuck for a decent amount of time without being able to shield/roll/dodge at all until your initial dash animation is complete. It will be very noticeable then.

I wonder if there's a way to enable Melee dodge for directional dodges ONLY and not pressing a direction on the Control Stick will give you a momentum dodge (Brawl)
Interesting idea.

Osi

Smash Ace
Dash dancing will matter a lot after a momentum code comes out. The ability to travel a large distance with a SH out of a dash dance opens up all sorts of counters and mind games. This will be most apparent on characters like sonic/fox/sheik/falcon/diddy/tlink where a dash dance to a nair/fair covers more ground as fast as their dash.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
@K1T3: oh, I guess I wasn't really understanding what you were trying to say. I would like to be able to do anything out of the initial dash. As it stands right now, the initial dash forces you to continue until the dash ends. It's very annoying. What other game forces you to continue running once you start?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@K1T3: oh, I guess I wasn't really understanding what you were trying to say. I would like to be able to do anything out of the initial dash. As it stands right now, the initial dash forces you to continue until the dash ends. It's very annoying. What other game forces you to continue running once you start?
Not anything, treat it like a run that you can reverse. An option for dash attack is good, and as long as it can be crouch-canceled, you've got the same effective options.

Speaking of which, couch-canceling or something equivilent, how's that working out?

If not true crouch-canceling, then just something to stop the run momentum.

GPDP

Smash Ace
There's already a code to cancel the dash by crouching. Only thing is, you still slide a bit.

K1T3

Smash Lord
There's already a code to cancel the dash by crouching. Only thing is, you still slide a bit.
Will it cancel the run animation alone or will it also cancel the initial dash animation used in dash dancing? If it can only cancel the run animation then the problem is still there. If if cancels the initial dash animation then I have no problem as you could then shield.

zxeon

Smash Lord
Will it cancel the run animation alone or will it also cancel the initial dash animation used in dash dancing? If it can only cancel the run animation then the problem is still there. If if cancels the initial dash animation then I have no problem as you could then shield.
It just cancels the run animation not the initial dash.

K1T3

Smash Lord
It just cancels the run animation not the initial dash.
Then dash dancing will of course still have plenty of nice applications if initial dash animation is increased but without any way to cancel it being shielding or 'crouch canceling' then that extended intial dash animation and it's lack of options will also limit approaching quite a bit.

The only thing I can see as a way around it right now is to wavedash in place shield or simply wavedash back.

I was hoping to no longer need the wavedashing code for spacing purposes once a dash dancing code came out though but if this problem isn't fixed that seems like a lot of code space that needs to be wasted.

zxeon

Smash Lord
Then dash dancing will of course still have plenty of nice applications if initial dash animation is increased but without any way to cancel it being shielding or 'crouch canceling' then that extended intial dash animation and it's lack of options will also limit approaching quite a bit.

The only thing I can see as a way around it right now is to wavedash in place shield or simply wavedash back.

I was hoping to no longer need the wavedashing code for spacing purposes once a dash dancing code came out though but if this problem isn't fixed that seems like a lot of code space that needs to be wasted.
Too bad you're not on right now because dashdancing came out a little while ago.

K1T3

Smash Lord
Too bad you're not on right now because dashdancing came out a little while ago.
I've been on, I've been reading through Kupo's thread since I'm waaaayyyy behind.
I'ma finish up reading then update my code list.
I'm not too sure what to use yet as there isn't enough line space though, what are you using zxeon. Of course I will try dash dancing.
If you try it before me let me know if you experience those problems I was talking about, thx =)

zxeon

Smash Lord
I'm using

Hitstun 10%
No Tripping
Dash Dancing
Auto L-cancel
Shieldstun x3 strong x4 weak
No lag run
Fall Speed x1.3
Buffer Modifier Buffer set at 0 frames
Stage Freeze Warioware, Pokémon, Stadium 2, Pictochat, and Green Greens frozen
Hold "R" for independent Pokémon

K1T3

Smash Lord
I'm using

Hitstun 10%
No Tripping
Dash Dancing
Auto L-cancel
Shieldstun x3 strong x4 weak
No lag run
Fall Speed x1.3
Buffer Modifier Buffer set at 0 frames
Stage Freeze Warioware, Pokémon, Stadium 2, Pictochat, and Green Greens frozen
Hold "R" for independent Pokémon
Cool thx, that's almost exactly what i'm planning save manual L cancel if I can fit it.
Can I ask what is No lag run, ie. what does it do and where can I get the code?

Edit: I'm guessing it's the dash cancel with crouch?

Top Bottom