• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ (Competitive Hacks): Codes, Videos, and Discussion (THREAD OUT OF DATE)

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
Anyone can argue on the internet whether auto l-cancelling would be beneficial or not, but in the end it's up to the tournament organizers whether auto l-cancelling is used or not. And so far from what I hear, the majority are leaning towards not implementing it.

tl;dr If you want/don't want auto l-cancelling in as the standard, convince the tournament organizers themselves.

KAN

Smash Cadet
You write about a Gravity Modifier and Damage Modifier code.
But I can only find the gravity one. What does the Damage Modifier exactly do? And where's the code to it?

Almas

Smash Lord
The damage modifier code effectively multiplies how damaged you are by a certain ratio to affect how far any attack will send you. Increasing the ratio effectively means you die at a lower percentage - it counteracts the effect of increasing gravity for vertical kills, and generally makes stocks shorter.

Code:
Gravity modifier (P1)
4A000000 90180F20
140000E0 XXXXXXXX
E0000000 80008000

Gravity modifier (P2)
4A000000 90180F7C
140000E0 XXXXXXXX
E0000000 80008000

Gravity modifier (P3)
4A000000 90180FD8
140000E0 XXXXXXXX
E0000000 80008000

Gravity modifier (P4)
4A000000 90181034
140000E0 XXXXXXXX
E0000000 80008000

Damage/Stun Modifier P1 (Rohins)
4A000000 90180F20
140000C8 XXXXXXXX
E0000000 80008000

Damage/Stun Modifier P2 (Rohins)
4A000000 90180F7C
140000C8 XXXXXXXX
E0000000 80008000

Damage/Stun Modifier P3 (Rohins)
4A000000 90180FD8
140000C8 XXXXXXXX
E0000000 80008000

Damage/Stun Modifier P4 (Rohins)
4A000000 90181034
140000C8 XXXXXXXX
E0000000 80008000
Note that to save code space, you can instead use the in-game damage modifier option in versus matches. It only covers increments of .1, though.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
A game too technical is a game too intimidating. A game too intimidating is a game with less competitive players. A game with less competitive players is a game with less tournaments. Now why would you want that?
Melee seems to demand "ruthless" technical skill, and even though Brawl is out it STILL has a huge competitive scene. =S

So let me get this straight, I dont remember seeing you contribute in most discussions (or any) where we already established these things, and then out of the blue your telling ME i dont know what im talking about?Just making sure.
Ahh yes, ignorance. You think just because I haven't been involved in this thread that what I have to say has no relevence to anything. I bet if I came here and started talking about how awesome all these codes were you would be like "Omg hi new guy. You haven't been here from the start of these discussions but since we share the same opinion it's OK!"

Nice job.

Ahh good idea, so we should hack features in the game that keeps the game imbalanced instead of balancing them?
Ahh good idea, so we think that by adding in these features that the game becomes more balanced?

These features are just created an equal amount of balance. You're not fixing anything, nor are you hurting anything. You're just making the game more fluid and fun to play. Characters will still majorly over-power others since the codes affect everyone equally.

You all are not balancing this dumb, broken game. You're just making it a lot more enjoyable, and I have nothing against that.

:026: -SUP3RCANS1R

KAN

Smash Cadet
Thank you, Almas. x)

Atm I use this codes:
- MAD (so obviously with wavedashing)
- L-Cancel
- No tripping
- individual Pokemons
- Gravity Modifier 1.1
- Damage Modifier 1.065
- Hitstun 1.2

- Stagebuilder: overlapping objects
- Stagebuilder: infinite objects

I'll test it with a few friends tonight. Maybe this'll become our Standard Brawl+ Ruleset. x)

Alopex

Smash Ace
Thank you, Almas. x)

Atm I use this codes:
- MAD (so obviously with wavedashing)
- L-Cancel
- No tripping
- individual Pokemons
- Gravity Modifier 1.1
- Damage Modifier 1.065
- Hitstun 1.2

- Stagebuilder: overlapping objects
- Stagebuilder: infinite objects

I'll test it with a few friends tonight. Maybe this'll become our Standard Brawl+ Ruleset. x)
No "Longer Replays" code = fail.

Most important code, dude.

Melee seems to demand "ruthless" technical skill, and even though Brawl is out it STILL has a huge competitive scene. =S
But... I made it a clear point in my post the L-canceling in Brawl is way harder than it was in Melee...
I even said that if we could make L-canceling in Brawl as easy as in Melee, it wouldn't be so bad.

So... wut?

It's Brawl's L-canceling that makes it ruthless. Melee was just fast. Brawl's manual L-canceling timing is something on the ludicrous side of annoying.

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
I've been here for a while as a supporter of Brawl+.

But I'm beginning to think that well...

No matter how good this turns out to be, it will never be greater than Melee. Ergo, I'm going to stick pure awesomeness. [The only exception is if I get to play a no stamina, non changing Charizard. xD]

kupo15

Smash Hero
Wut?

Posted by:
SUP3RCANS1R

Ahh yes, ignorance. You think just because I haven't been involved in this thread that what I have to say has no relevence to anything. I bet if I came here and started talking about how awesome all these codes were you would be like "Omg hi new guy. You haven't been here from the start of these discussions but since we share the same opinion it's OK!"

Nice job.
What was implied by that or I hope you would have implied is that since I hardly ever see you around, such a comment showed much ignorance on your part for responding the way you did. Idc if that was the first time I saw you, If you made an intelligent post that shows some knowledge about what we discussed several times over, I wouldnt have posted the way i did.

Ahh good idea, so we think that by adding in these features that the game becomes more balanced?

These features are just created an equal amount of balance. You're not fixing anything, nor are you hurting anything. You're just making the game more fluid and fun to play. Characters will still majorly over-power others since the codes affect everyone equally.
Yes I do. I think that auto l canceling would make the game more balanced since instead of some ppl having to overcome an additional technical barrier to compete and some dont, no one has to.
Although I agree that whether or not its auto, the outcome is the same. But to have this group of chars never have the risk of missing an l cancel and these group have a chance of missing an l cancel, this still hurts those characters that depend on it a little. Its like putting a band aid over serious cut. It needs stitches.

And I myself have said that I dont mind auto or manual l cancel. The one we have now does not work. If we can make l cancel more like melee, fine. Ill have no problems. Auto l cancel is just a bonus.
If you don't believe me, look around. I have said it many times.

You all are not balancing this dumb, broken game. You're just making it a lot more enjoyable, and I have nothing against that.
When you make a game more balanced, it becomes more fun....

Magus420

Smash Master
I have a feeling a good number of people whine about it because they don't like the word 'auto'. It's not auto anything. It's reducing the landlag to be more like it should have been in the first place.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I initially was skeptical about hacking a game to make it more tournament-worthy, but those videos were really sexy.

KAN

Smash Cadet
Lol. That was just pure ownage. They all were like "OOHHH! Omg. Wtf?" It was so funny. The matches were really good. Ike and Bowser are beasts now. xD
Oh and thanks for pointing out the "longer replay" code. I'll get that, too. x)

storm92

Smash Ace
For people who are against auto L-Cancel, can you please provide some arguments into why?
There's not any points which the anti side has made that I haven't seen refuted.

zxeon

Smash Lord
Don't mind Kupo. He's always got his panties in a bunch about something.

Just think of L-canceling like an Ukemi or wall tech. It's the airial (sp?) attack tech. If you don't want to suffer the penalty of your whole landing animation, fall flat on your back, or bounce off the walls you press block at the window of opportunity and you negate it. I hope that helps puts it in perspective.

zxeon

Smash Lord
Normal gravity for me. I don't like what gravity does to some character's recoveries. Try it without gravity modifiers first and then decide if you need them.

homsar

Smash Ace
Sorry for another question but where can I find the damage modifier code?

EDIT: I found this one -

Damage Ratio Modifier (WiFi) (Full Metal Kirby)
4A000000 90FDDB60
10000069 000000xx
E0000000 80008000

But I dont know if its the right one or how to work it as in how do I know what to put in place of xx.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Don't mind Kupo. He's always got his panties in a bunch about something.
Resorting to personal attacks are we? Really mature...
Just think of L-canceling like an Ukemi or wall tech. It's the airial (sp?) attack tech. If you don't want to suffer the penalty of your whole landing animation, fall flat on your back, or bounce off the walls you press block at the window of opportunity and you negate it. I hope that helps puts it in perspective.
That doesn't change the fact that some don't have to do it.....

They are completely different. You don't always tech..

Magus420

Smash Master
There is never any situation at all you would want to not l-cancel an aerial's lag. I intentionally not tech to mix up my landings all the time. There are pros/cons to teching and not teching depending on the situation. With l-canceling there is only positives, and not l-canceling only negatives. L-canceling is not a technique. It's a mandatory button press that takes muscle memory to use, and not actual skill.

SmashCentralOfficial

Lmao, the game was made the way it SHOULD have been made; the way the creators MADE it. The only way you can say that that is wrong is if you replace fact with personal opinion.

Just because I think this game is dumb and broken, doesn't mean I don't love it, and it doesn't mean that this game wasn't made the way it SHOULD have been made (going off of fact).

Fact, being that the creators can only make it the way it SHOULD be made considering THEY are the ones creating the game. =S

The way YOU think the game SHOULD have been made is logically incorrect, because as stated previously, the game was made the way it was MEANT to be made, although not the way it was meant to be PLAYED, because no game designer can define that without seriously restricting gameplay and created a failure of a game.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
"Should" is a personal opinion in any of these discussions. You can say something "should have" been one way or another, but it clearly was not made in that way. Someone else was making a similar argument to your's earlier, except they were picking out the term "was supposed to be." This person was correct, in that it was made the way it was supposed to be because that is how the game designer (in this case, sakurai) wanted it to be. However, just because sakurai made it one way, does not mean that it should have been made that way. If we did not believe that brawl should have been made differently, then we would not be bothering with brawl+.

rinoH

Smash Lord
the one thing i dont like about the new wavedashing is that it has makes almost no dust when you do it I wants melee
-_-

kupo15

Smash Hero
Going off of your logic, the game should not have been made where some characters have l canceling built into some of their moves. I am going off of facts.

So are you saying that the changes made to brawl was because the creators thought it would be good for the game? That brawl was built this way for reasons to better the game for competition?

Anyone who is against an auto l cancel code but is ok that there is auto l canceling spread throughout the game is contradicting themselves.

zxeon

Smash Lord
You do always have a lot to say kupo, and a lot of the time you are complaining about something or arguing with someone.

Maybe you just haven't found the reason to not L-cancel yet Magus? Why not play devil's advocate for a bit?

Drunken_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
When an argument boils down to semantics, stop.

Thinking a game requires modification other than basic options to be played means you should be playing another game.

Kupo: "Auto L-canceling" is in essence, recovery. So it's perfectly logical to have character's having different properties on recovery.. that's one of the things that makes them different. Just like having different gameplay mechanics is what makes a game different from it's predecessor.

Analogy intentional.

SmashCentralOfficial

So are you saying that the changes made to brawl was because the creators thought it would be good for the game? That brawl was built this way for reasons to better the game for competition?
More like the exact opposite.
You do always have a lot to say kupo, and a lot of the time you are complaining about something or arguing with someone.
Just leave him be.

He's just some pompous, keyboard warrior who thinks he owns the word is all.

I'm out of this thread. I the only thing I have to offer to this thread is the down-bringing of certain high-and-mighty individuals.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I think Magus first suggested it when he brought up M-canceling (normal attack lag would be cut in half by default while M-cancel (same command as L-canceling) would remove all lag)..

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Though I have always said that the current form of l-canceling is a pretty flawed concept. It would be better if the default lag was just cut in half.

storm92

Smash Ace
Maybe you just haven't found the reason to not L-cancel yet Magus? Why not play devil's advocate for a bit?
Please tell me this actually isn't a serious post.
There's never a situation you wouldn't L-cancel, save MAYBE when your opponent is KO'd and your aerial doesn't need to be lag-canceled. Then again, reflexes may as well kick in then and you'd L-cancel.
There's no "mindgame" behind not L-canceling. What's the opponent going to do? Think "oh wow, he didn't use his canceling and now is stuck in a second of lag while Link pulls his sword out of the ground, I'm too horrified to move!"? Not quite.

And SUP3RCANS1R, you called kupo a pompous person when all you've been doing is saying he's wrong with no facts to back it up.

There's literally no reason not to have auto L-cancel.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Please tell me this actually isn't a serious post.
There's never a situation you wouldn't L-cancel, save MAYBE when your opponent is KO'd and your aerial doesn't need to be lag-canceled. Then again, reflexes may as well kick in then and you'd L-cancel.
There's no "mindgame" behind not L-canceling. What's the opponent going to do? Think "oh wow, he didn't use his canceling and now is stuck in a second of lag while Link pulls his sword out of the ground, I'm too horrified to move!"? Not quite.

And SUP3RCANS1R, you called kupo a pompous person when all you've been doing is saying he's wrong with no facts to back it up.

There's literally no reason not to have auto L-cancel.
I can't wait until the code is made and all this crap comes about because people were too lazy to press a button.

storm92

Smash Ace
We're not too lazy.
It's just completely unnecessary, why have to train a reflex when auto is just so much easier. It's not as if it increases the skill gap between new and experienced players.
Please, give me one valid reason on why we shouldn't have auto L-cancel.

Not to mention that L-Canceling is annoying in Brawl. The physics make the timing awkward, you have to press the button all the way in, and it just feels very...artificial compared to Melee where it was rapid button sequences.

MuBa

Smash Lord
We're not too lazy.Not to mention that L-Canceling is annoying in Brawl. The physics make the timing awkward, you have to press the button all the way in, and it just feels very...artificial compared to Melee where it was rapid button sequences.
One of the main reason why it feels awkard in Brawl is because you have to push the L/R button ALL the way in to get the effect (reason why is b/c of the Wii mote, nunchuck combination) whereas in Melee you can even press it halfway down and get the desired L-Cancel. But that can be tweaked by increasing the window pushing the button.

L-cancel is basically something that can add an extra level of "skill" in this game, you know making consistent combos more difficult to do. That's all I really see it used for.

Auto-cancel, for a lot of people, will somewhat feel like your mother spoon feeding you rather than you trying to eat food on your own.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Auto-cancel, for a lot of people, will somewhat feel like your mother spoon feeding you rather than you trying to eat food on your own.
Despite auto l cancel, me or any other person can just chose mk or peach or samus or anyone else who doesn't need l canceling to have my combos spoon feed. With brawls excellent DI and strong move decay, I think the skill in comboing is to manage the decay of your moves, save your finisher, and adjust to your opponents DI than press a button.

poklin

Smash Apprentice
why does it matter if some characters have no lag, in melee sheik had like 0 lag on all her moves but still me and all my friends that play her still l-canceled with her. i couldn't just say oh im playing sheik right now i don't need to l cancel anymore. Also it never seemed unfair (to me) that sheik didn't have to l cancel it just made her a more easy character to pick up for newbs.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
why does it matter if some characters have no lag, in melee sheik had like 0 lag on all her moves but still me and all my friends that play her still l-canceled with her. i couldn't just say oh im playing sheik right now i don't need to l cancel anymore. Also it never seemed unfair (to me) that sheik didn't have to l cancel it just made her a more easy character to pick up for newbs.
Sheik wasn't really an aerial character. Really, she usually only used F-air and U-air as finishers. And I think before L-canceling and Wavedash became commonly used, she was actually being considered for a ban.

Top Bottom