• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl characters we hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
The only character I actively dislike is Toon Link. While I realize that they wanted some WW/PH/MC/FS representation in Brawl, did they have to make him so similar to Link? I remember reading that it takes all of 8% less damage to KO him than Link, so the weight difference is apparently negligible, and his speed more than makes up for his relative lack of power (which I'm not even sure he's lacking in). If he's in just to be a better Link, then why isn't Link good enough to not need a better version? If he's supposed to be different, why are half their moves and Final Smash identical? This is not to say that he's a bad character, nor am I incapable of using him (imo he's relatively n00b friendly, or at least I can run through 1P mode faster with him than with Link), I just don't like his character concpet.*

Other characters that I prefer to not play as for various reasons are Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Yoshi, Sonic, Pit, and Falco. Everyone else I can use without being distracted by the character itself.

At the risk of going OT, I may as well list the characters I DO like to use, for possible reference. IDK, whatever. I like using Lucas, Ness, R.O.B., Olimar, Peach, Luigi, Zelda, Samus, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, King Dedede, Meta Knight, and I think I'm missing one and I don't care because I need to go to bed. >_<

*This whole paragraph likely contains some exaggeration. I'm too tired atm to weed it all out.

Shadowmaim

Smash Rookie
Everyone's hatred for Ike saddens me... I based my choice of main off my favorite character from favorite game, but I do have to admit, he's WAY overpowered. When I can Fsmash bowser at 35% and kill him, that's a bit much...

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
Pit and Olimar. Many Pit users spam his side b move over and over and over and with such a big character (King Dedede) I can't get around it. That's probably because I suck, but it still annoys me so much. Also, he wears a skirt and has an obnoxious voice, if the first thing wasn't enough.

And Olimar! Jump, neutral air. Jump, neutral air. Jump, neutral air. KO MOVE! He's so freaking cheap.

Shibby

Smash Journeyman
University of Minnesota (Green Bay Wisconsin in Su
Everyone's hatred for Ike saddens me... I based my choice of main off my favorite character from favorite game, but I do have to admit, he's WAY overpowered. When I can Fsmash bowser at 35% and kill him, that's a bit much...
Yeah I'm not a big fan of Ike users. The initial connotation is that they are all noobs, which a good half of the population actually accounts for.

Grunt

Smash Master
And Olimar! Jump, neutral air. Jump, neutral air. Jump, neutral air. KO MOVE! He's so freaking cheap.
you can say the same thing about ness. jump, fair, jump, fair...acutually just about everyone has something like this.

I use to hate ROB for his akwardness, but ive really come to like him.

so now i hate ness, because my brother never plays wnyone else, it gets boring.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
The only two characters I don't really like are Snake and Sonic. Why put non Nintendo characters into a Nintendo game?
JDM I hope you're not the JDM I am thinking off or I will hit you.

Snake originated from the NES.
Sonic=Mario's rival

It was inevitable that Sonic would get in and he is a worthy addition.
Mainly cause Sega vs Nintendo was epic.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
one, but only one are the Ice Climbers because they are a piece of ****, and how they ****ing jump, L-cancel, etc.. I can go on....

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Wolf because 1. He's for furries 2. SF does not deserve three reps, ESPECIALLY before Metroid and F-Zero, both bigger and better series, get a second, and 3. he's ANOTHER LUIGIFIED FOX CLONE.
>_>

There are more differences between Fox and Wolf than there are between Mario and Luigi.

Hizkit

Smash Apprentice
R.O.B, he was a drunken mistake; and so is anyone who disagrees.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
There are a few, actually...

SONIC: I never wanted him in Smash Bros. He just...doesn't seem to fit. I'm like Snake in the Sonic convo. I don't like his attacks, I don't like his physics, I'm annoyed by his appearance and voice. My least favorite character in Brawl.

PIT: The voice is enough to make even kittens uncomfortable. Not a fan of special moves either (god**** arrows :().

TOON LINK: I like his playstyle but there could've been a much better character. I like Young Link better for the sake of liking Young Link better.

G&W: Don't mind the character so much as the changes from Melee. I'll admit; I used to play a nice G&W. Just doesn't seem to cut it in Brawl for whatever reason.

ICE CLIMBERS: I've always hated them. That's all.

*puts up flame shield against above mainers*

Fawriel

Smash Master
Ouch, man. Ouch.

I hate bowser.

Stolen ma princess one too many times.
Best reason so far.

"***** stole ma princess."

I hate Ganondorf. He's just a slow Captain Falcon (who I hate anyway). They should have given him new moves.
You mean...
"Show me new moves!"?

G&W: Don't mind the character so much as the changes from Melee. I'll admit; I used to play a nice G&W. Just doesn't seem to cut it in Brawl for whatever reason.
That is about the least plausible thing I have ever heard.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
Butbutbut...
You're maining Toon Link...
How...how did you know? That's been out of my sig forever!!

It's all in the playstyle, really. I'm not saying that people who main Pit are campy pieces of garbage, I'm saying that Pit is designed to camp and cannot formulate much of an approach. Toon Link can approach using just a bomb (yes, one bomb is all you need for a pressure game) and aerials.

That said, these days I'm more apt to pull Wario out and go GTA on people.

OK, why are people still butthurt about this? He wasn't even the last addition to the roster, get over it. I could write a dissertation on why Geno should be in Brawl and character X should not but it's a waste of time. Let's move on, please.

Dwiz/Cheesa

Smash Rookie
You know who (or what) i hate?

Pikachu down smash!
That **** is anoying! It's So hard to get around that and racks up damage easy. If his down smash sends you upwards your screwed! *You took the elevetor to Hell*::flame::flame:
Wolf!
Yea, yea, yea.... he has bad recovery... B.S what recovery sucks that can 1 meteor you or cause you 12 damage if you get sucked into that?? His forwards smash is the only move someone needs to use with some dodges to win.
1. He's too fast
2.Too powerful
3. UBBER fast down smash with no lag! So let it rip! (Makes me want to RIP the C-stick out)

Olimar....
I can't fight you because you have a grab that is -----------------------------This long-------------- that i can barely see and your short!!!!

I almost forgot....
Kirby!!!!
You think his suicide (blowjob) kill move got nerfed?
>_< you just don't know how to do it!!!
If i get the time i'll upload some videos of what i mean!

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
Pikachu down smash!
I got one better. Melee Peach d-smash. Single most annoying thing ever.

Olimar....
I can't fight you because you have a grab that is -----------------------------This long-------------- that i can barely see and your short!!!!!
Have you ever met Snake and his space-distorting u-tilt? The hitbox is bigger than he is.

Fawriel

Smash Master
How...how did you know? That's been out of my sig forever!!
*chuckles and points at the bottom left*

Pikachu down smash!

[...]

I almost forgot....
Kirby!!!!
You think his suicide (blowjob) kill move got nerfed?
>_< you just don't know how to do it!!!
If i get the time i'll upload some videos of what i mean!
You really shouldn't hate a character for a single move.
If a character has one really good move, it's your responsibility to learn to deal with that move.
If a character has ONLY overpowered moves and avoiding their most brutal ones takes years of practice meditating under a waterfall, then you may start complaining.

I wish all characters were more like Pikachu and Kirby. Clear strengths, clear weaknesses. Then we wouldn't have to deal with this unnecessary no strengths and no weaknesses crap.

Achelion

Smash Cadet
In terms of having to PLAY them, I hate Sonic. His moves all seem the same, and make the same generic annoying sound. We get it, you are fast. Great.

In terms of playing AGAINST them, the most annoying is Olimar. I'd get poked by needles then play him, so much so that he is banned from my copy of brawl.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Wolf, a third of everyone I play is Wolf and will blaster spam like there is no tomorrow. What sucks is you can't blame them for blaster spamming since it's an almost required technique for this god**** character.

Also, ROB; I don't hate him in combat but in terms of premises - the heck did Nintendo think about putting in a random robot in this game?
I don't blaster spam. I think that is a noobish thing to do. Relying on projectiles in a fighting game(except for snake but his melee moves are nice), is lame. Some times it looks like i blaster spam but then I'm trying to knock my bayonet(i think its a bayonet) on thier heads. The laser is a added bonus. If you can't figure it out I'm a melee person in game :). And R.O.B isn't a random robot. Check this video out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwVHIqW4Xf4

Some random robot i think not

Any ways most hated character is Wolf.......yes he is my main.......

Reasons why i hate wolf. Blaster Spam enough said

icicleblade

Smash Apprentice
Olimar. So ****ing small, and his Pikmin are even smaller.

Even though I main Pit I kinda hate him. Sideb+ b= SO ANNOYING! And the voice. Oh god, my ears are bleeding.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Olimar. Small and annoying.

Sonic. Most boring character. Your move choices with him are a spinning attack or a spinning attack.

Toon Link. He's a mockery of the original Link, and his head annoys me.

Pit's voice. GAH!

Marth. Go look up 'broken' in the dictionary.

Ice Climbers. Always hated them.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Metaknight: This ****in' ball of Kirby ****. Look like Kirby when he transforms into bat-man ors ome ****. Takes absolutely no skill to play; too much invincibiliity on all of his ****in' B moves. Almost no lag; down smash is ridiculous. Too much recovery and OMFG his up+B. **** bat-ball of fly eatin' sack of ****. I ****in' hate this thing. I hope he suck *** and ****ing die! ****ING DIE!

Pit: Broken character.... not as bad as Metaknight but ****ing ridiculous. Most spammable ****ing projectile within the game; ontop of all of this he has the ability to use his Up+b twice, shield that reflects, most natural combos in the game. Ridiculous smashing speed, arrow loops; can WAVE DASH ( Yes you heard me right, this little ****er can wave dash) This is ridiculous. ****ing DIE.

Snake: OMFG, Snake. I ****ing hate this guy. F-Tilt F-TILT, F-TILT All day long. That's all these punkass SNAKE?!!!! SNAAAAAKEEE!!! MA ****AS DO. I'm tired of these ma' ****in' Snakes on this ma ****in' game. Grenades, Mortar slide, Ridiculous F-smash, even more crazy than Ike's. Man, this guy is ****ing broke; including his Up+B . =/

Pikachu: ****ing yellow pile of puke. All they do, spam the **** thunder; spam the **** thundershock and ****ing chain grab. Let's not forget that ****ing inescapable down smash; it's freaking ridiculous. That little bitty pile of **** shouldnt' be this strong; it's ridiculous. They broke this ma ****a. and it's all Sakurai's fought. wTF was you thinkin' WTF WAS YOU THINKIN'?!

King Dedede: ****ing spam. That's all eh does, Throw wadde dees. That's all this ******* does. Spam the **** outta waddledees and chain throw you; and then attempt to back kick you. I never seen but one person play him different, that's it. THAT'S IT. It's ****ing stupid; ****ing ridiculous. I hope they ****ing burn in HELL. I hope Kirby ****s his sister.

Falco: This ma ****a. All he does is spam lasers and chain grabs, spam lasers and chain grabs. **** YOU. That's why Fox is ****ing Krystal and not you. ******* prick.

Fox: THAT'S WHY KRYSTAL BROKE UP WITH YOU! All you do is do the same **** over and over. Dair to up-tilt, Dair to up-smash, Dair to D-smash. That's all you're good for. Nothing else. It's ridiculous, you suck donkey balls.

Wolf: Omfg, all you do is spam blaster, and all you ****ing do is use Smashes. The range is too **** stupid; it's f'in ridiculous.k Also, I'm telling you, it's ********; His Downsmash is also too stupid in the effect it knocks you sideways.

Olimar: WTF? This dude is hella short.. Man, I'mma stop here. I could go on these ***** *** chards all day long.
Oh God, that was hilarious. :laugh: I surprized you didn't complain about Ike. (Although he's not that bad if you actually pay attention.)

smashbot226

Smash Master
Zelda.

I despise Zelda. Not the actually character herself, I don't have beef with her. if it weren't for her weakness of getting kidnapped there would be no Legend of Zelda series.

But in Brawl. My hatred for her is undying like the flame of a thousand newborn suns.
She is just too good and I can't figure out how to fight her.
So... Why isn't Peach in the equation?

TengenToppaDrill

Smash Apprentice
Your mom's house... Calgary Alberta, Canada, Earth
It was, so why the heck are we stuck with another (Gay) lord in brawl. I would love the thief guy, the Black Knight, or heck maybe even Miciah. Ike sucks.
WOW!! where to start... the "theif" guys name is Sothe and he would have been infinitely worse than Ike. Same goes for Michiah (two hits and she would die). I hoped for the black night to be included with ike, but alas it did not come to fruition. Ike was the best choice to put in brawl and just because many people use him, it is not a reason to hate him. As for Ike being "gay" , let us not open up that can of worms. He is not gay, okay it's done.\
Silly scrub, posts are for intelligence.​
By the way, if you have ever taken time to play with any of the characters from the star fox series or fought someone with an ounce of skill, you would notice that the characters are perfectly sound and that you are at fault. On another note, snake is a great character and it's realyy sad to see his story come to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom