• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Beta Build (GSH1) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
1. Flat Zone 2 is Flat Zone 2. No one cares whether it would be viable enough. And face it, we all love the sausage flipping giant chef. <3

2. Neko has a plan for Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2, but it hasn't or may not ever be implemented.

3. New Pork...no one cares about that stage. And it couldn't be replaced because its data layout is too complicated to be replaced.

4. Metal Gear Solid Place is an awesome place for casual fights.
alright thx for the feed back what about other stages that r going to be repalce to sse could u tell me if there going to be there others added
and what happen to luigi waste lands?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Luigi Waste Lands was removed by majority rule almost 5 months ago.

The mansion now takes 1 minute to respawn...which is a long time if you think about it.

The stage is still a counterpick though, and it is generally favored with the mansion intact.

The general idea is that it's just another Wifi Waiting Room without the mansion. Same size, same boringness, everything.

As for other SSE stage being added, I have no idea. That is not up to me at all..

matt4300

Smash Ace
The bottom largest platform on skyworld isent breakable, but am I still soposed to be able to hit it with dsmashes and such... The hitlag really ****s you. Makeing this easily counterpick or banned.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
@ matt:....hm...that really is a problem...We need to make the platform itself "invulnerable"...Which certainly should be possible through BrawlBox.

Cape!!!

EDIT: @ perfectchaos....hm..even better then :p

Rudra

Smash Ace
I guess that means that those who are using auto cancels are going to find the stage to be in the favor...or will the platform's hurtbox(?) going to be removed?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
The hitlag actually makes moves like Peach's down smash more useful, because the hitboxes last longer with the extra hitlag.

Also, I had a freeze on SSE Jungle field. I was playing as Mario and the computer was luigi. I forward threw him and tried to ran after him, but it froze.

matt4300

Smash Ace
It's actually at 1/5 speed, so it takes 1 minute and 40 seconds to reform.

And how would a problem like that make Skyworld+ ban worthy? :ohwell:
Well to name a few problems...

Characters who rely on dtilt for setups or dsmashes for GTFO moves will be at a disadvantage.

Characters with smashes or tilts like links forward tilt that hits the ground with have problems.

Up-bs attack the ledge and apparently so do other attacks like links dair bounces off the ledge for some odd reason.

Basicly this stage will be dominated by aerial chars... which makes it counterpick/banned.

Krobat

Smash Rookie
Me and my friends are digging this new build, minus mario's b-throw. I'm pleased that ness got his down-b super armor back and his stupid moves nerfed. I am also very pleased about Samus being able to cancel crouched bombs into ariels. Was that accidental? Pity if it was. Crouch bomb cancel together with bomb jump cancel actually make down-b a viable move for mindgames.

Also, the common3.pac caused brawl+ to fail to load the title screen. Is there a custom title screen included in the set? I had to remove it to play the build.

edit: ignore the mario comment, haven't tested the update

The Cape

Smash Master
The Samus bomb thing was unintentional but will stay in as its a cool surprise.

The update was just a few minor fixes (mostly rapid jabs removed).

matt4300

Smash Ace
The Samus bomb thing was unintentional but will stay in as its a cool surprise.

The update was just a few minor fixes (mostly rapid jabs removed).
To clarify for anyone that doesn't know... Samus can not only bomb jump, but can also cancel the bomb laying animation into anything if you crouch before laying a bomb. So you can Lay 2 bombs in succesion, or Lay one into any aerial for bomb combos, and mindgamez.

Keep in mind you can only have 3 bombs on the field at one time. So you cant lay 2 bombs then crouch into 2 more the 4th won't come out, but Bomb, Bomb, Bomb, Aerial works fine.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well to name a few problems...

Characters who rely on dtilt for setups or dsmashes for GTFO moves will be at a disadvantage.

Characters with smashes or tilts like links forward tilt that hits the ground with have problems.

Up-bs attack the ledge and apparently so do other attacks like links dair bounces off the ledge for some odd reason.

Basicly this stage will be dominated by aerial chars... which makes it counterpick/banned.
The extended hitlag is not always a bad thing, but I understand where you're coming from. Also, the ledge hitlag causing auto-sweetspot bug will lead to some characters getting that on Skyworld, so that could prove to be a problem unless one of the two things is fixed. But regardless, I still don't think that these problems warrant a banning of the stage. But counterpick at this time would be ideal, IMO. (Neko disagrees, it seems, with his stage list for his upcoming online tournament [which he still needs to fix the start time for].)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
The extended hitlag is not always a bad thing, but I understand where you're coming from. Also, the ledge hitlag causing auto-sweetspot bug will lead to some characters getting that on Skyworld, so that could prove to be a problem unless one of the two things is fixed. But regardless, I still don't think that these problems warrant a banning of the stage. But counterpick at this time would be ideal, IMO. (Neko disagrees, it seems, with his stage list for his upcoming online tournament [which he still needs to fix the start time for].)
i'm still confused as to why he has FD as a CP and WW as a neutral....

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
FD gives certain characters disgusting advantages.
Its layout is clearly neutral but its gameplay is far from it.
WW is fine as a neutral in singles :V

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I think we should leave Skyworld+ how it is. The hittable bottom platform makes it an interesting CP instead of a boring Battlefield clone. If there is some unforeseen broken tactic there, we can fix it then.

4. Metal Gear Solid Place is an awesome place for casual fights.
It is also THE place for Bowser+ challenges :bee:

I gave Wario Ware a shot but "Metal Gear Solid Place" makes for a much better Bowser+ challenge.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Krobat, the title screen isn't located in the common3.pac. So I'm not sure how it would cause brawl to fail to load it. The custom title screen is in sc_title.pac

Also, I can't play right now, but I thought Neko's mushroom Kingdom duel was included in the set. I could have sworn so anyway.

*Is still crossing fingers for less knockback on Port Town cars*

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
I think we should leave Skyworld+ how it is. The hittable bottom platform makes it an interesting CP instead of a boring Battlefield clone. If there is some unforeseen broken tactic there, we can fix it then.
That hittable bottom platform annoys the hell out of me, and it allows TL and probably link to pogo stick their dairs constantly.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I would like it if the bottom main platform was completely invulnerable, and the side platforms were still there, unbreakable, but still have a hurtbox.

BTW why are the side platforms removed?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That hittable bottom platform annoys the hell out of me, and it allows TL and probably link to pogo stick their dairs constantly.
That is not a broken tactic. They're basically stuck in place after the first hit and it's not that hard to hit them out of it from the side.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Pogoing is broken when you have no bottom platform and you have a top and you can easily land and usmash and ****

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
pogoing is only broken for toon link. It's a lot less broken for regular link.

also, I really don't like the side platforms not being there >.>

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
it's not broken for attacking, sheikant. It's broken because it keeps him in the air constantly, and he can attack out of it.

and they can pogo away from you to avoid direct followups.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
No clue, as my friends don't have the set yet.

And lol @ pogoing being broken. Seriously guys? This is like when people were saying that sandbag shuts down some characters on WWR.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
no because i'm lazy and i havn't worked out the boundaries and i havnt anno---err---talked to Dantarion about trying to get the camera to not lock.

That and the stage needs to stop killing people when Barwl Announcer says "GO"

:V

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Well, we can change spawn points now with brawlbox, so I'll look forward to it eventually. I need a comp...

Rikana

Smash Champion
I never played on Skyworld. So what's the difference between regular Skyworld and Skyworld+?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Well, we can change spawn points now with brawlbox, so I'll look forward to it eventually. I need a comp...
That's not the issue. The camera starts off in the beginning of MK1-2, but as soon as it says go, it warps to the desired point, killing all players.

We need it to load in the desired sport prior to the stage even being visible on the screen.

I never played on Skyworld. So what's the difference between regular Skyworld and Skyworld+?
Top 3 platforms are broken always. Bottom one has infinite HP.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
The difference is that the main platform is permanently unbreakable BUT still is "hittable".

The top platform, and the side platforms are permanently gone, but the clouds are still there.

the moving platform at the bottom is unchanged.

Also, when I first read your username, the first thing I thought of was "Rihanna". LOL

Xirsch

Smash Rookie
I did a manual download of the beta pac files, and I was wondering what these are for:

common5.pac
common3.pac
.DS_Store for some of the characters

Rikana

Smash Champion
Top 3 platforms are broken always. Bottom one has infinite HP.
Are there ledges that can be grabbed on for the outer platforms; the ones on right and left? Or are they do they contain transparent qualities?

I'm assuming the bottom platform is the base where the edges can be grabbed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom