• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Back Room Interviews

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Ill vote for MJG.

Periodically I wonder how people don't become as focused the God Kais in our region in their game but still soooo chill.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Results:

DRN--2
Dakpo--4
Mink--30
Vermanubis--44
MJG--83

In the first landslide victory of these interviews--scoring more than all other candidates combined--MJG wins!

Ask your questions!

:phone:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
MJG, when did you first pick up smash? Who did you main and who was your inspiration to get better?

:phone:

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
MJG

Hidden Message Hide

So tell us about how you got into the smash scene and how long you've been playing.
Well, I have been playing smash ever since Super Smash Bros. came out for the N64. I bought melee as well and picked up brawl on the release date because of how much I enjoyed melee. I was never competitive in smash until I played brawl. I started off on wifi and found a site called "Allisbrawl" and then worked my way through the ladder when another smasher in my state said that I should go to tournaments since he thought I would do well and thats how I got into the competitive scene.

How did you get your gamertag?
Haha..ah..this one is kind of dumb. For those who don't know, my initials are from my (ex) gf. I should probably change my name soon.

Why did you choose Toon Link?
I really loved using Young Link in melee. I was actually sad when I heard that they were going to keep Young Link in brawl, but then my friend told me that "Toon Link" would be in brawl. I started using him as soon as I unlocked him.

Do you have a secondary? If not who you would pick?
There are several characters that I can use, but I only use TL in tournament. I would use diddy kong as my secondary because it just feels natural when I use him.

What do you do in your non-smash life?
Enjoy college life. I like to hang out with friends. My major takes up a good portion of my life now, which is Chemical Engineering. I do intramural flag football. That is pretty much it.

Are you currently or previously been competitive in anything else?
Nope.

Why are doing so well?
How am I doing? Im not sure what you meant by your question ha. I am doing fine?

why are you the most patient ****** tink on the market mjg
Ha. I wouldn't say I am the most patient TL. I don't get phased though and I can play as gay as I please

Can you teach me how to time out MKs?
Lol. I think ive only timed out a MK once. Just throw **** and hope for the best.

How are you so good at this game?
I have a passion for playing Toon Link. I hope that is what you were looking for XD.

Dear MJG,

-What do you think of the MK vs TL match up?
MK vs TL...hmmm. Well, I think that its a hard MU and that TL has to stay on point with his game while MK can poke at us here and there, but I don't think its as bad as most people think.

-Do you think MK looks cool?
Sure. I don't know why he hides behind his mask though.

-What are some ways to improve?
Well, I started playing on the wifi ladder before going to tournaments and I learned my match ups from wifi for the most part. Outside of wifi, I worked on my spacing and thats pretty much it.

-Good stuff vs mikeHAZE! You are a really impressive Toon Link.
How do I answer this? Lol. Thanks. It wasn't enough though.

whats the best way if there is any to stall MK and keep him away from you?
Always try to have a bomb out. Space well with zair. Don't be afraid of MK.

If there was a vote to ban MK again would you vote yes?
No. I would if it was a year ago though.

If TL was banned, who would you play as?
Diddy Kong

Where is kanasas? LOOOOOOOOOOOL
Only you would ask this . In the middle of nowhere.

and do you tap your shoes
This is how I make it back home from tournaments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj35Aiphgu4

Ok sooo

How good is Shadow/PJ?
I think he is a decent TL main to be honest

Have u ever beat him in dittos?
Yes

Do you think 27th best TL is a good estimate for him?
Lol...poor shadow. I don't even think we have that many TL mains anymore XD.

Whats the TL/Lucario MU?
I think its even. Trela makes it seem like its ridiculous but I think its easier than most of our match ups.

Ok if you had to choose between constantly getting 25th-17th or not going to tournaments...which would you choose?
If it was a national, I would be content with that. If I placed 25th-17th consistently at a regional, I would probably stop playing brawl.

Whats the TL/ICs MU?
55:45 TL. Bombs. Spaced Zair. Mix up. GG

Are you black?
Yea.

4real?
4real...

Do you think TL is viable on his own or do you secondary MK because you think he's needed?
I think TL is definitely tourney viable. Falco and MK are what hold TL back IMO.

Mjg where do you think toon would rank on the tier list if MK was banned?
Hmmmmm. That is hard to say since TL goes even with a good bit of the cast IMO. I think he would definitely go up but falco, IMO, poses a problem for TL. Other than that, I can't think of anyone else that really gives TL TOO much trouble. So, A tier.

MJG, if you had the choice of having either my babies, jerm's babies, hyro's abiers, jash's babies, santi's babies or (inser random Toon Link)'s babies. Who would you choose?

Haha. I know how to answer this.

-I would want Quivo's babies because we would finally have the "ultimate blacknese" shizz goin on.
-I would want Jerm's babies because hes cool.
-Hyro's babies because he flashy as **** and our kids would be the ****.
-Jash's babies because he da bess
-Santi's babies because our children would be famous

all questions answered.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Why won't you DP someone with me, I thought we were bros man

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
when u coming down to texas again so I can carry you in doubles friendlies?
and **** you in bomberman blast

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You're not supposed to answer questions here. You're supposed to do an interview in Skype voicechat.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
*asks more questions anyway*
Will you MM me when we come to Kansas at the end of the month? ( or serious friendly me whichever is fine )

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
ZIGSTA MAKE SURE YOU ASK THIS ONE, IT IS IMPERATIVE! He definitely wouldn't mind (legit)

***** (n word) you faded?

Top Bottom