• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Back Room Interviews

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Ally, what are your thoughts and opinions on the mk snake match up?
Do you think you can win the next Apex?

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Ally why is your hair such a mess? You're so based, you need an afro. Or a beard.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Hypothetically speaking, let's say you shaved your beard and your head. How far into bracket do you think you'd be able to get away with claiming yourself as a new player before people figured it out?

Jabejazz

Smash Ace
NNID
jabejazz
3DS FC
2079-8507-3496
Hypothetically speaking, let's say you shaved your beard and your head. How far into bracket do you think you'd be able to get away with claiming yourself as a new player before people figured it out?
This is a trick question, obviously. Since Ally is made of hair, he would effectively stop existing, therefore he probably wouldn't even make it out of pools. I say probably, because Ally is so good, even dead, he'd body people.
Most likely Ally can be more precise on the matter.

Also, rare picture of Ally naked.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Ally, did you or axis win the voting and what is your relationship with said individual?

Also what are your feelings on snake's progressive dropping in the tier list?

Wow. This will be the easiest interview ever with so few questions after this long.

1. Would you ever consider yourself getting more into melee and commit to playing both Brawl and Melee equally?
2. What motivates you to play this game?
3. What do you think of the brawl community as a whole?
4. Do you think there are a slew of top players around the same skill level or do you think there is a very narrow skill set at the top, then a large gap before the next group?
5. Any aspirations for the future?

Man you guys want me to interview Ally but you don't give me questions to interview him with, what is this?! I'm mad. :mad:

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
Ally, what are your feelings on the snake ddd matchup? You don't seem to play it much, do you think it's bad or in snakes favor? The ddd's tend to think it is a very neutral matchup and most snakes agree but results wise bubbaking put together data that seems to support more of a +1 for ddd. What are your thoughts on all this?

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Where do you actually think Snake should be on the tier list? What do you think the Marth vs Snake matchup is? When are you going to ditto/MM this Axis guy :dazwa:? There I gave you a mix of stupid and ok questions.

| Big D |

Smash Master
Ally, If I were a food, what would it be and how would you eat me?

What goes through your mind when you play someone you have never played before?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
What goes through your mind when you play someone you have never played before?
I actually quite like that last question. *gives support*

Anyway, to revive the thread throw my own questions in:

- How do you feel Canada is as a whole in terms of skill? (meant in the absolute nicest honest way possible btw :))

- How would you see Brawl's metagame evolving from here on in?

- What's your advice to players trying to get better in general? Would you advise them in terms of match-ups? Technical precision? Spacing? Punishing? Would you do it on a case by case basis instead and decide not to use general advice?

And as silly as it might sound, coming from a low level player like me but:

- Do you enjoy playing Brawl for the challenge or just to be playing with others? (uhh, hard to phrase this one, hmm...) I guess what I mean is, do you get your enjoyment out of the game or the players? Do you get bored if you aren't challenged or do you just enjoy being social at the time? :)

And a weird question? Ummm....

- Do you ever plan on coming to Australia? (Oh please pretty please? :p)

Rayfk4

Smash Rookie
1. As an amateur snake main who knows all of the ATs and basic strategies (tech chase, b-reversal, etc) but is not good enough for tournament play, what are some of the more subtle tactics and overall approaches to matches that set apart tournament-level players from players like me.

2. Is (or was it if you switched mains) it frustrating having a main (in snake) who is so good, but has some SIGNIFICANT flaws that characters like MK might not have? Also, do you think in spite of these flaws, that you personally have a higher skill ceiling than you would with a MK?

3. How the f*** do you beat a good pikachu with snake?

Top Bottom