• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl anecdotes or: Stupid things we say while playing SSBB.

tekkie

Smash Master
Team battle.

Players choose Peach, Diddy Kong, and Falco. Last guy: "Well, it looks like it's tiiiiime... foooor... [running around selection] Ike."

"You know what they say. When in a team battle against Peach, Diddy Kong, and Falco; Ike."

stealthgun

Smash Cadet
Whenever my friend Joe uses Samus' smash attacks he says "BOOM!" He's one of the top players in the Upper Midwest and I think there are some of his fights on youtube I'll post again if I find some. It's Hilarious to watch.

My other friend 'Bluba' ( He doesn't want me to use his real name) uses Link and is in the top 5 Links in the USA and he always says "FACE!" whenever he smashes you in the face with his midair hookshot (which happens a lot). I'll also try to find some of his videos. I know he actually has one against previously mentioned Joe for the Semifinal match for a local Minot tournament. I'll post that also. :)

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
As pikachu:

"D-tilt locked ya!"
"Thunder spiked!"
"I knew I'd land one sooner or later!"
"Gotta love the **insert move here**"
"Marth's sword is broken."

As falco:

"Spiked!"
"Gimped!"
"Gotcha!"
"Drat it, I suicided again!"
"That is how NOT to use the D-air."

Yeah... I try to spike people a lot...

Nicole

Smash Champion
My doubles partner always says "I'm not down there!" whenever anyone suicides against him.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Once, With my friend, on hyrule temple, we had 5 other people playing different games. Coincidentially, my two friends playing 'other games' Lost their game on their team to a rogue grenade. They started a long; "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-" They where promply joined by My friend playing with me, who got owned by a Falcon Punch. I joined soon after as I got hammered by King Dedede and the match ended. My other friends at the computer, as fast as they could, brought up a continuious Darth-Vader YTMND loop going; "NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo-" what resulted was indeed quite hielar-ee-uss. :D

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Playing on random for lulz. I got Pit, my boyfriend got Snake, my brother got Toon Link, and my cousin got Link.

Paul: Yeah, Link is awesome! *fails to recover*
Me: Yeah, awesome...

Paul: Watch out! She got that angel kid!
Me: Yeah, I've got the power of Jesus on my side.
Simon: Well, let's see how well Jesus does against my super-crazy missiles of death!

AndreVeloso

Smash Apprentice
Playing against Diddy: "Someone shot a banana at me"
Playing against Mario: "Not Milkio again"
Playing Ice Climbers: "Kill 'Other Guy'"
Playing DK: "I have a projectile. I Win"

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
I do the same whenever my friend plays Ice Climbers, and then he says: "Nana, you shall be avenged!" And then I lose miserably.
:O AVENGE BACK!!!

wen playing snake as kirby and i get grab/pummeled

"snake! ur forgetting 1 thing"

"orly?"

"I..... have no........ neck"

snake: o: -gets copied then gonzo combo'd-

Bitter Romantic

Smash Journeyman
Southern California [Anaheim/Fullerton, San Diego]
vs. IC: "Anyone up for Nana Hunting?"
vs. Sonic: 'NOW I'LL SHOW YOU' in a disgustingly annoying [almost accurate? XD] voice
vs. Pit: spam shout, 'THE FIGHT IS ON' over and over in a ridiculously high pitched voice

Snake is always 'Sexy Snake' and ZSS is always 'Hot Samus'
'Hot Samus? Hot Samus~'

Diddy side b: 'AIDS!'

obligatory 'Snake? Snake? SNAAAKE!' and 'Up the butt, Charizard!'

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
Online, there's sometimes a truce among players. You are bored and want to fight everyone else, but you know that if you do, they will retaliate by teaming up on you. I fight anyone then switch to the same costume of another person the next match to confuse them. I call it my own psychological experiment. (If you memorize the truce-breaker's player port, you ruin it.)

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
The following took place against one of my friends. Matchup was ZSS vs. Ike. I will refer to myself as Ike and him as ZSS.

Ike: Hahaha D-Air F***** you up pretty bad
ZSS: Well yeah I mean your sword is shaped in such a way to do that.
(Long Pause of Discomfort)
Ike: Yes I got me a shell.
ZSS: Crap...
(Throws Shell)
ZSS: YES! YOU MISSED! YAAAA!!!1
Ike: Wait a second...
(Shell hits crate which explodes)
ZSS: Wow...
Ike: You didn't prepare yourself.
ZSS: (Sarcastically) Hahaha.
Ike: Eat my smash!!!
(Charging up an F-Smash)
Ike: Come here!
(ZSS grabs lightning, instead making everyone Giant)
ZSS: OH SHI~
(ZSS dies at 0%)
Ike: You'll get no sympathy from me, and I will never fight for you.

tekkie

Smash Master
My friend has a habit of leaping off the stage chasing/edgehogging, no matter who they are.

With Ike, it's a problem. I always hear "#$*% I just neural-aired off the stage."

With a lot of characters, it's jump off and somehow or another just die. "Dammit, I was gonna back-air you into the stage." He does it a lot. As he puts it, "It's all I ever try to do."

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
When sweetspotting a knee, I often mistake that for a brief orgasm.

Even more so in Melee.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Whenever I beat a G&W I yell, "THREE DIMENSIONS OF **** RIGHT HERE, BIOTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

FTWin

Smash Cadet
My groups biggest inside joke is probably Jigglypuffs down B.
one day, in the glory days of melee, me and my friend were dittoing Puffs on Brinstar.
so, basically, I ot 4 stocked because everytime I got anywhere near him, he'd scream "Zebes!!" and randomly rest. but every. single. one. hit. so, we've come to the conclusion that in a jiggs ditto, on ANY level, if you're playing as the normal Puff and you scream "zebes!!", your down b's can't miss.
period.
Also, we've got the "Donald Clause",stating that if you are playing Bowser and you don't win, it's because you didn't Bowsercide enough.
Finally, the "Law of DimensionHopper"
"If you are playing C. Falcon, and you do not land a falcon punch, you may NOT play him for the rest of the gathering. NO EXCEPTIONS! None!"
Also, all of MK's moves must contain the word "ban" in them.
His name is BanMe. his neutral B is the "BanMeNado". Etc.
with the exception of staying stationary and holding a, in wich cases, you must scream "Scotty!!!"

DeadDisco

Smash Cadet
Lol Me n My friends watch Bleach and when ever we beat the crap out of one another we do our char's taunt that somewhat look like Bankais and say "Bankai!"

Once my friend said "Whats under Samus's armor?" (Me Samus just finish breaking the Smash ball) "This"
He said " WTF "

Me: Is King DDD a penguin? Pal:......wait. He's a bird?! Pal-2: Well he does fly? Me: What kind of bird flies by inflating it self? Everyone:......................

"Ness is a fob" LOL

"Pkmn Trainer is freakin' douche" So true

"Capt. Falcon loves to hit n run"

"Capt Falcon is Chuck Norris with a Helmet"

Pal: Hey Capt.Falcon has a gun. Why doesn't he use it?
Me&Pal2 ( at the same time LMAO): Chuck Norris doesn't use his gun, the gun uses Chuck Norris.

VGSteve

Smash Apprentice
Conversation between me and my friends:

"I know Ike is in the game, but I miss Roy..."

"But...Ike has fire..."

"But...Roy's our boy..."

"........but we like Ike?"

But the ultimate lines between me and my friends are:

-Use a NAIR
-Stop playing Mason

M.K

Level 55
Whenever my opponent tries tricky/sneaky ways of getting past me and I STILL KO them, I always jump up and yell "GET AT ME, SHANIQUA!" in a really ghetto voice XD.

I'm white.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Goes ask unityole to comentate for a match. It's too good.

Everything is a joke

Falcon UpB ***** someone...
"SEX CHANGE!!! SIDEWAYS!!!"
or
FACIAL!

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
"Ledge hogging is Dishonorable"
"Attacking me from off stage is Dishonorable"
"Approaching me is Dishonorable"
^^^^^^^^^ same person from diffrent sets >.>

"Stop shielding"
"Hacks!"

RayAllen123

Smash Cadet
NNID
kylewhiteguy
Not exactly something I say, but I was brawling with a couple of friends and this came up:

Friend 1: I can't fight against ****ing Luigi, he's to good against Ike

Friend 2: If you can't fight ****ing Luigi, try fighting abstinence Luigi.

so completely random, everytime we play brawl and one of us picks luigi, its abstinence luigi. lollz

Top Bottom