• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bowser's Castle

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
Bowsercide cancel confirmed and he can come back on some stages . Oh and Hi I'm KingKong bowser main from brawl. I live in Montreal, Canada

Shök

Smash Champion
Finally. Bowser feels awesome.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
i played bowser in a items on tournament yesterday and came second

only lost the last match cuz i want using my boy Roy since the tournament organiser insisted on using their 3DS which didnt have all the characters

the last match was no items best of 3, so like, lol

D

Deleted member

Whelp, after playing the game all day today, I can confirm he's my main.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Any of you guys still find yourselves Up-B'ing OoS even though it's not really that good anymore?

I still find myself heavily underestimating how badly Klaw's range got nerfed, but Bowser still feels fluid and clean to me...then again, Brawl's Bowser felt fine too lol

I also kinda forgot this was the social thread since everyone was introducing themselves lol

Last edited:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Yeah I do it. It's alright.

UpB next to the ledge to cover the hanging opponent's options is great too.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys!

I've been maining Bowser since P:M, and I love him a lot in Smash 4! Alongside him, I've been putting time into Dark Pit and Lucina. As the game just released, time will tell who else I play heavily. Needless to say, you'll see me around here.

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone!

Always liked bowser as a character never picked him up thought. Really liking him so far in SM4SH so lets see where this goes :)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've been playing Bowser since release and he just fits like a glove.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I figured I'd pop in here. I mained ICs in Melee and Wolf in Brawl. Both of them were cut :(

But luckily for me, Bowser seems to be a decent character this time around, and I've been wanting Bowser to be good in a smash game ever since Melee since I've always wanted to main him, and now is that chance.

:059:

keronshb

Smash Cadet
NNID
keronshb
Switch FC
4854 8398 6875
Trying to main Bowser, I'm glad he's finally viable! I'm having some trouble landing some stuff, but I'll eventually get it.

SmashBroPlusB

Smash Cadet
NNID
smashbroplusb
3DS FC
3136-6824-7861
I honestly don't mind the nerfed Bowser Slam grab range; to me, Bowser's insane run speed more than makes up the difference.

... Oh, right. I'm SmashBro. (Most original name ever, am I right?) Bowser's one of my favorite villains of all time simply because of his personality. Like, he's not super evil or demonic, and he doesn't try to manipulate the heroes or sneak his way into power or anything. Most of his plans just devolve into "charge headfirst with as much muscle as possible, and look cool while doing it". Admittedly I started to think the whole princess-stealing bit was starting to get old a little while back, but when Bowser decided to GET FUNKY in recent titles (NSMB series, Bowser's Inside Story, Dream Team, and ESPECIALLY Super Mario 3D World) my love for the Koopa King came back tenfold.

I guess Bowser's got this sort of flair to himself? He just manages to give off this air of debonair. Who cares if he gets tossed aside by Mario for the umpteenth time? He just climbs right back up, ready to try again. Sometimes in the same level. Dude just punches down brick walls, spits giant exploding fireballs, cracks apart sheet rock just by stomping on it with his sheer girth, and lately he's taken fancy to a slick purple sports car. He's not in it for the sensation of power. He's not in it to crush the world in his grip. All he wants to do is blow stuff up and try to impress the princess. Bowser's a villain because it's fun, and he's got style to boot.

Normally this is the part where I introduce myself, but I already did that and it kind of took a while to type up. Eh. Maybe later.

I'm having more fun with Mii Fighters than should be legal within this country, but in case of the (horrible, horrible) possibility that custom moves (and, consequently, Mii Fighters) aren't tournament legal, I've also been playing a lot of Little Mac and Bowser. Especially Bowser. God damn does he feel powerful. I mean heck, I was excited to play Bowser since the E3 2013 when they first showed off his new stance and run animation... and I'm proud to say that these Koopa thighs are indeed very sexy.

:4bowser: Time to show these loser plumbers what I'm really made of!

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
I'm Kagato. Also known as Kagato The Final Boss. I'm a smasher, a LPer, and a shameless Bowser fanboy.

Been maining Bowser since Melee alongside Sheik, who's also been there from the very beginning for me, though I care about Bowser significantly more. I only started playing competitive-style smash the last couple of years before Brawl's release, but I am enjoying myself more.

I cannot say that I have contributed much to Bowser's growth as a Smash character, but I try to execute the skills well enough. However, I've always been more of a naturally aggro Bowser rather than defensive. It's been suiting me just fine, though. I've played smashers such as KillLock, Trela, and MrConcon to varying degrees of success, so hopefully with Smash 4, I hope to be a more prominent figure for Bowser this go-around.

Just thought I'd point out though... 3ds controls aside, I already hate fighting Yoshis.

Last edited:

Flayl

Smash Hero
Finally got my Smash4 and 3DS XL yesterday! Got Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate free to boot!

Controls feel pretty weird to me, which is expected. Bowser is ridiculous, both in a good and unbowser'ish way IMO. It looks like he stole Dedede's BAir and his NAir now lets him do awesome aerial cartwheels. Don't know if he's going to be my main but I'll defnitely be playing him. So many new and revamped characters so I don't know who to main yet.

Megaman seems like he has no CC moves whatsoever, which is a bit of a let down. Even his DTilt makes him slide. Feels like characters that can rush worth a damn will destroy him. Wii Fit Trainer's crawl is absolutely hilarious. Charizard's looking pretty awesome, etc. etc.

Last edited:

Kooky Koopa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koopa1989
3DS FC
4184-2976-0132
Wow Kagato, I am a huge fan! I absolutely loved your videos as Bowser. Made me proud to be a Bowser main. While I haven't played competitive, I did play a number of opponents in online Brawl and of course with some friends. But seeing you play was just amazing, especially when you beat that Metaknight. Glad to see you on the Smash forums and hope to see some SSB4 vids with Bowser on your channel.

Brango

Smash Cadet
NNID
Brang0
3DS FC
2750-1590-3967
Ok this might be long and relocated this to the right place this time...I think lol. Ok so my previous mains were Marth and Falco. Marth in Melee and Falco in Brawl. When Sm4sh came out, I wanted to go back to my first main man: Marth. Well, things didn't work out so well. I'm really TRYING to get used to this version of Marth but it's so different, pretty sure it's cuz I haven't played Marth since Melee. So I decided to go with my Brawl main: Falco.

Falco is well.....ugh, I mean I guess you can make him work but I personally can't. His lasers and his down air is just.....I don't wanna talk about it. Now this may be cuz of me trying I get used to the 3ds or maybe they really changed those two characters. So started to take in some suggestions...

People suggested Lucina as an alternative to Marth. I played her, and it WAS easier cuz you don't have to worry about spacing but kept trying to tip cuz was so used to Marth back then. Then few said Little Mac cuz of his amazing ground game. While I liked him at first, I was getting annoyed how awful he was in the air.

After trying most characters, I came across Bowser. Now, I never used Bowser before nor have I liked him. I always thought of him as this hulking brute who had many flaws in previous games. But when I tried him, I KNEW they changed him for the better. Like holy cow. That back air and forward smash? Jeez. He's a heavyweight character, but is very agile in this game. Now I know I'm not using him at his full potential, but I am starting to like him. Anyone knows any useful tips as a beginner Bowser player? Looking forward to hopefully main him, which is a shock cuz never in my life that I would think to use a heavy class character in smash before :)
Thanks, much love

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
Wow Kagato, I am a huge fan! I absolutely loved your videos as Bowser. Made me proud to be a Bowser main. While I haven't played competitive, I did play a number of opponents in online Brawl and of course with some friends. But seeing you play was just amazing, especially when you beat that Metaknight. Glad to see you on the Smash forums and hope to see some SSB4 vids with Bowser on your channel.
Yay! Glad to know someone here has heard of me! And yes, you can expect some smash 4 videos from me, without a doubt. I plan to livestream it as well.

FlareRDB

Smash Rookie
My name is Flare and I like Bowser because there's nothing more satisfying than landing a drop kick. I've always been a fan of the smash bros series, but never got into the competitive scene myself unless watching tournaments count. I want to be an above average Bowser player and have him on my roster of characters to kick ass with. I stream stuff on twitch sometimes too.

pegguinni128

Smash Cadet
NNID
pegg128
Hi. I'm Pegg.
I mained Bowser in PM, and I will again in this game.
I main Bowser for 3 reasons.
1. He's the king of an ARMY OF MUTANT TURTLES. (and they may or may not be teenagers.)
2. Giga Bowser is so sweg.
3. sakurei 2op4me plz nerf

And that's why I main Bowser.
kthxbai.

Last edited:

iNoobtacular

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1075-2152-6416
Hello! Name's Aj.
I've been a fan of Bowser ever since the Melee days. But for whatsoever reason he always felt like he just he made the cut for anything other than party play. In the rarity that I'd go to a tournament in the Southern parts of Mexico (I live in Belize which is right Below Mexico) I'd always enter tournaments playing as Ganondorf and slow bulky characters of the like. Now, I'd really like to delve fully into the world of competitive Smash. But, the problem is that I live in Belize (no good players that play the game at that level) people are slowly getting there but not at the progress rate I'd be hoping for. . So I'm here on the boards looking for people to play against. And this time I would like to main Bowser and ride it out till the very end.
My friend code is 1075-2152-6416 and my user is iNoob. I'll be frequenting the boards a lot so if you'd like to play sometime please feel free to leave a messege :)

Anragon

Smash Apprentice
What's up guys, Im gonna introduce myself as well :)

So obviously my name is Anragon (Antoni IRL) and I'm a french player. Before the release, I've decided to play both Marios and train them for competition.
But Bowser always was one of my favorites characters in SSB games. Though he was really difficult to play in competition. Now I'm enjoying him even more and he might become my main in the futur.

So nice to meet you guys.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
ive mained bowser in brawl and melee. time for a smash 4 bowser now. the hype is real. i'll be coming here a bit now it seems. ledge trumping with this character is OP :smirk:

sorry i didnt give an actual intro to myself. im youngster joey. a melee mewtwo, bowser and pika player, brawl bowser, pm mewtwo and now a smash 4 bowser, JR, and shulk player. bowser is love. as you can see im loyal to bowser and i hope to help develop the meta with you guys!

Last edited:

shoff

Smash Cadet
What's up guys, Bowser main here. Played a lot of Ganon in melee and started off with bowser in brawl but switched to Wario. Me and my friends are pretty good, and have been very competitive for a while. Nothing but bowser so far in 4 and I've gotten over 1070 wins with 60 losses in for glory, if that means much. Anyways, I'll be posting videos on a second YouTube channel I just created for this and when I stream for the Wii u when it comes out. Looking for other people to play with. Also, I just happen to be one of the world's strongest men bwahaha mymain channel is my name, Matthew Shoffner and the second will be under shoff. Nice to meet you all!

Espi

Smash Journeyman
I find Bowser is easy to play in this game. I think he has great potential, but is held back by projectile dependant characters, ie Link and Rob.

SirKenneth

Smash Cadet
Hello King Koopas. I'm a Sheik main and have a money match with a Bowser coming up. So if any of you want some Sheik practice and make a new friend let me know. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
I had the opportunity to play against a well-known Smasher on For Glory a couple nights ago as Bowser. I played against Mew2King (or maybe someone pretending to be him), who played as Falco. I actually gave him a good fight, with me being able to punish him with Fortress out-of-shield and a few rushdowns. He did kill me for the first stock loss of the match, but as I respawned, my unstable university wi-fi caused me to disconnect! Win or lose, I would have definitely saved that match to a replay, since I played against a well-known Smasher.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Might not have been him--I've seen people using his name who definitely aren't him. Offhand there was someone at Shockwave 4 who used the tag M2K on his 3DS.

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
I tried out Bowser, and love him! Enjoy beating up level sevens as him ( I suck at smash ). Question: is side -b nooby?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
No, Bowser's Klaw is a great command grab. Not as good as in Brawl, but it's still a strong option at tech chasing and grabbing shielded opponents. Definitely not nooby!

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
I am a Smasher going to UC San Diego. I played as the following characters:
Melee: Jigglypuff, Bowser, Ice Climbers
Brawl: Bowser, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, ROB

Being a Bowser player since Melee, I was ecstatic that クッパ大魔王 was massively upgraded in agility and move speed in the new Smash. He hits like a tank and they finally made his shell protect him in certain moves. Killing people at as low as 55% with his mighty dropkick is always a satisfying thing to see...also his Bowser Bomb being able to break shields more than makes up for its easily telegraphed startup animation and long cooldown. Bowser is easily my main in Smash 4. Other characters I use are Duck Hunt Dog, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, and I might put some time into Wii Fit Trainer soon.

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
I got started in competitive Smash in January and have been improving in great strides since then. I've played PM mostly and now Sm4sh 3DS. I main Bowser in both. Going to start playing Melee again and main Marth(gasp).

But Bowser's always been my favorite. I'm also probably the best Bowser in the world in both games. I'll work on proving that again in November.

That is all.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I played Bowser in Melee, played him in Brawl and I'm playing him now. He's never been a main, always a secondary. I love how they changed him for the better in Smash4 without removing the hilarious Bowsercides, as those are the source of the nickname I coined for him: Pardon Mononc. :psycho:

Last edited:

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Hi I'm CourageHound or Hound(my tag). South Florida smasher.

I used a lot of Bowser during the last two years of Brawl. I was super ecstatic when I saw that both are really good in this game. I've been juggling with characters for a while now that the game has been out, but I do feel happy and solidified in my choice to use Bowser this time around as one of my three characters. Glad the new Bowser's playstyle also appeals to me.

I do go to a lot of tournaments in my area and aim to put in work with Bowser as well. Glad to see so many people who also love Bowser :)

Last edited:

PersistentKoffing

Smash Rookie
Yo! I'm PersistentKoffing or PKoffing, a UK smasher going to Lincoln Uni. I used to main Bowser (somewhat casually) back in the really early days of Brawl but kind of lost interest in favour of other dudes. I'm pretty new to the serious smash business scene, but it seems like so far Bowser is gonna bee my choice of mains.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yoh I played Bowser in Brawl to some extent and I kinda like the way he plays in this game even though I miss his old beast-like stance and good ol' broken air Klaw. It's fun to see all those old names from the Brawl Bowser boards, and all the new ones too.

Oh yeah and I live in France bonjour bonjour comment allez vous ?

Last edited:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Started using Bowser once I learned how good I am with bulky characters. Along with Ganon, he's now my main, and for non-1v1 matches I use him almost exclusively.

Top Bottom