• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bowser's Castle

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811

One of the things that was really cool about the Brawl character boards was the social threads. It was really a great way to get to know the people you're posting with.

There's a handful of Brawl Bowser holdovers on this board, but there are TONS of new Bowser players. Now's a great time to get to know each other so that when Smash 3DS comes out, we'll be the tightest character board around. :)

So onto my intro! My name is Zigsta, and I made my name as one of the top Brawl Bowsers in the world. Outside of Smash, I currently work at DreamWorks Animation. And no, not Disney! I just grew up with their movies.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone better and to dive deep into the lab in order to show the world how amazing the character we all know and love truly is.

Last edited by a moderator:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Smart move, Zigsta.

I've been looking forward to playing the new bowser since the E3 demo at Best Buy. I played him there, and he felt so natural. I'm very excited to see how he does in the new game.

I'm from Louisiana and currently attend LSU.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well this saves me the trouble of closing/unstickying the main thread.

I'm IsmaR. Used Bowser on/off since early Brawl, though I never did anything special with him.

I pretty much decided I would dedicate to/use him more from the moment I heard/played this:

The fact he turned out being amazing was just gravy.

Aside from banning people for double posting here, I work as a Pharmacy/Authorization Technician. Which is just fancy for saying I deal drugs, and deal with stupid people for a living. Don't follow their/my example, and I promise to not bite.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Funny, I was actually going to see who wanted to start up the social for this board. Nice to know it has been taken care of :p

Anyways, I'm Hokori. Alongside Ganondorf, Bowser is my favorite Nintendo villain and more than likely within the top 5 of my favorite video game villains period. I've used the Koopa King as a secondary since he was introduced in Melee and I find it really nice that he's getting a lot more respect (although he's receiving his fair share of haters as well) in this iteration of Smash Bros. Although I wasn't registered for the Brawl days, I'm a fan of Bowser and look forward to working with you all and the character, as well as helping out the Bowser sub-forum in general:4bowser:

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
Thanks for making this thread, Zigsta.

I'm an illustrator, screenwriter, and software engineer. I'm not the most active guy on this board, as you can see, but I love checking in every once in a while to find cool Boozer reps like MrEh, Zigsta, or Jerodak pop up and be all around fun dudes. Looking forward to seeing the introduction of Sm4sh 3DS Boozer to the west with everyone here. Let's get along. Peace.

EDIT: Had to include Jerodak for doing a great job with the moveset thread.

Last edited:

2fast

Smash Journeyman
Guess I'll join you guys.

I'm 2fast, I originated from Brawl as a Mario main but occasionally played Bowser against friends. I swapped to Project M and played Sonic for awhile but grew bored of PM and quit. I've been recently playing normal brawl again with friends using Mario and Bowser and after seeing all the buffs to both of those characters I'm absolutely ecstatic about maining Bowser in Smash 4.

I've read that some people want to play Bowser in Smash 4 just cause he looks really good now but I just wanna main Bowser because he's Bowser and he's just a manly ****in character. Hopefully I can push the metagame forward with everyone here!

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
You may (probably not) know me as Vitiel elsewhere on the web, and I've never really played Smash competitively, but have always had kind of a loose interest in it. Bowser was always a pet favorite character of mine in the Smash games, and it's been such a shame that he was never too stellar a character (until SSB4, it seems). Gave him a try during one of the Smashfest demos and was so pleased with the changes, and came out on top the time I played him. Glad for the Koopa King.

Booster

Smash Lord
Promise not to be here for long, but is Bowser as powerful as he's been made out to be? I enjoyed playing him in Brawl and in Project M (Project M for the armor, love to **** with my friends with crawling armor).

Oh yeah and I'm Booster.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
It's been a while since I've lasted posted in this board.

Greetings. I'm Zhu Qiao. Although most of my activity takes place in the Ike forums, I tend to frequent the other character boards fairly often, especially with Bowser's. Bowser became my secondary during SSBB's waning years, so I was left behind in his already well-established metagame at the time. That did not stop me, however, from attempting to further advance it, particularly with trying to find more practical applications for his Fire Breath projectile. It was to no avail, unfortunately, but I never once hesitated to use it despite its limited potential.

I was amazed with how he turned out in this iteration, especially since his characteristic attack looks competitively viable for once. It is very certain, based on early footage, he is going to go far.

^-^

TonyTheTiger

It's GREAT!
Nidokingu. Was planning on maining Bowser this time around, so I might pop up from time to time. I attend UA in Ohio, and am open to matches, meetups and junk for anyone else in the area.

MrEh

Smash Hero
For those who don't know me:
I'm MrEh. I used to be one of the better Brawl Bowsers early in the game's life, but I quickly fell off as the better players started popping up. :)

Just like in Brawl, I'm looking forward to doing lab work as soon as the game drops. The way I see things, the best way for the community to grow is to share information freely. I'm gonna research as much as possible, and I'm gonna share every tidbit I can find with all of you. Me and Zigsta are gonna have a field day with this.

For those who do:
I'm still the worst Bowser player ever.

Last edited:

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Hey, I'm Jerodak, a regular here on smashboards but I also pop into all is brawl every now and then, I am a Bowser main in Brawl and I got my start on the competitive scene last year. Bowser really feels like the most fun to use in that game for me, and I also like Bowser as a character so that's why I decided to main him, his smash 4 appearance looks great, which could really be said for every character, so it looks like his match-ups will be a great deal more entertaining. I'm looking forward to playing as him again in smash 4 as well as working with everyone here to develop his new metagame.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I'm The King of Skulls, and I've been playing as Bowser since Melee. The giant dragon turtle matched my play style, and even though I was pounded into the pavement by my brother's Fox, I still had fun playing him.

With 3DS smash being released in the states soon, I'm uber pumped that my favorite fighter is in the limelight. Unfortunately, the only dragon turtle I like more has been playable, but I am looking forward to using Bowser as my primary secondary.

Long live the king, and all his manly drop-kicks!

Vysetron

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vysetron
Heyo. Name is Vysetron. I've played Smash forever, but my roots are actually in more traditional fighting games, primarily Street Fighter. I wouldn't say I've ever been a competitive Smash player, though I play with people who are. I tend to stick to commentary and doing a lot of yelling. When I play it's almost always the Bowz. Never tried to be a low tier hero or anything (I'm not nearly good enough at the game for that), he's just who I've always had the most fun with.

I've enjoyed the Bowz for feeling the most like a grappler out of the cast in previous games, and he looks absolutely incredible in this. Dropkicks for days, kills at low percents, and huge payoffs from reads? I couldn't ask for anything more from the Koopa King.

Also, pink haired Bowz is sexy.

James N.

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5335 0867 6499
James N. here, I always main Bowser so needless to say I'm looking forward to his changes here. You can find me at art sites like deviantart: http://j-nelson.deviantart.com/
I also do a webcomic which is in my signature.
Here's some Bowser art I did while watching the SDCC tournament for all my fellow Bowser fans out there.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Hello, I'm xLemmy_KoopaX and Bowser is the veteran character I'm looking forward to the most. Definitely planning to main Bowser alongside Shulk, as I don't just like him as a character a lot, but his new gameplay has just blown me away. He just looks so awesome!

James N. here, I always main Bowser so needless to say I'm looking forward to his changes here. You can find me at art sites like deviantart: http://j-nelson.deviantart.com/
I also do a webcomic which is in my signature.
Here's some Bowser art I did while watching the SDCC tournament for all my fellow Bowser fans out there.
Wow, that's some really nice art. Good job!

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Hi, I'm ImaClubYou and Bowser was one of my 3, yes 3 mains in Melee. I also used bim frequently in Brawl but not so much is PM.

Here's a video of me in Melee vs. Jiggz.

Hopefully Smash 4 will appeal to the feel.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
That's really good, James.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hi, I'm ImaClubYou and Bowser was one of my 3, yes 3 mains in Melee. I also used bim frequently in Brawl but not so much is PM.

Here's a video of me in Melee vs. Jiggz.

Hopefully Smash 4 will appeal to the feel.
Ha ha, this was wonderful. After the missed Rest attack, I was like...

"GG"

"Nvm, derp!"

"Okay, okay, we good, we good, GG"

"Lol wut"

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Ha ha, this was wonderful. After the missed Rest attack, I was like...

"GG"

"Nvm, derp!"

"Okay, okay, we good, we good, GG"

"Lol wut"
Lol. My Bowser is still a little sloppy. I miss L-Cencels with him like no other and I overdo my spacing with FSmash, haha.

Also, little off topic. I just bought the Blu-Ray collection for Black Lagoon yesterday XD

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Lol. My Bowser is still a little sloppy. I miss L-Cencels with him like no other and I overdo my spacing with FSmash, haha.

Also, little off topic. I just bought the Blu-Ray collection for Black Lagoon yesterday XD
It was still a solid match overall.

As for being "off-topic" here, that's never the case. Discussion can be all over the place (that rhymed #Bars) :p

Good **** for getting the collection for Black Lagoon though. Obviously, that's one of my favorites :shades:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I'm finally here. My tag is Limit, but I'm thinking of changing my tag to something that actually makes more sense in regards to my actual name (Cassius would be the option, because my actual name is Ali, and I was named after the boxer Muhammad Ali, whose birth name was Cassius Clay--it just sounds cooler.) I'm not sure yet though, let me know what you think.

Anyway, I'm a Brawl Bowser immigrant. Most of the Brawl Bowser players, like Zigsta, MrEh and Jerodak know me, but I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you as well.

I was one of the best Bowsers in Brawl, but I didn't do anything...like, at all, after a few years, but I was still "considered" as the #2/#3 Bowser, somehow. That should probably give any new Bowser player insight into how small the Brawl Bowser playerbase was. That being said, the Brawl Bowsers were basically like family to me, and I'm glad that we're all still here. I'm very excited to have more people on board, and I hope that we can all improve in the coming years.

I learned from Vex directly about Bowser, and I taught KingKong how to play Bowser back when he was a Peach main, if that means anything I guess.

As for me not doing anything post-2012 because of life, really...that will definitely be changed. I will be entering tournaments a lot more when I'm home, especially for this game.

I currently go to Syracuse University, I'm a Psychology major and a Communication Science minor, but I'm from NYC (The Bronx). I'm also going to be playing Bowser Jr [Ludwig/Roy] as well, but let's worry about Daddy now. I play fighting games, watch anime and love Sena Kashiwazaki.

So yeah, nice to meet you guys.

edit: if anyone feels like watching old videos of me, you can find some at my horridly named youtube channel http://youtube.com/DeltaX000

Last edited:

Weiro_O

Smash Rookie
NNID
Weiro_O
3DS FC
2702-1603-3539
Hey, I'm Jerodak, a regular here on smashboards but I also pop into all is brawl every now and then, I am a Bowser main in Brawl and I got my start on the competitive scene last year. Bowser really feels like the most fun to use in that game for me, and I also like Bowser as a character so that's why I decided to main him, his smash 4 appearance looks great, which could really be said for every character, so it looks like his match-ups will be a great deal more entertaining. I'm looking forward to playing as him again in smash 4 as well as working with everyone here to develop his new metagame.
No Way!!!! LOL Your banner is from my match at Comic-Con when I played as Bowser! That triple KO definitely won me the game! Made it to top 4 but lost to a Shiek in Sudden Death :( It was on Twitch, so many saw me struggle with his keep away game on tortimer island.
I guess while I am here, I am Weiro_O, basically new to smash boards, and a Bowser main since Melee. He is also my all time favorite Nintendo character. I rarely enter big tourneys (The Comic Con one was my first, if it even counts since the game wasnt even out then). Just played competitively among close friends and my brother, (Who was the Yoshi in that same match in the banner mentioned above). Definitely plan to get more involved in this iteration of smash. You guys sound like a great bunch and cant wait to play/learn from you all.

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Heeeeeey, first post in the Bowser forum.

I've mained Bowser since Brawl, but I never played online and I only did so because Bowser was just my favourite roster character. He still is, in Smash 4! Looking forward to the speed he's acquired.

I'm Nietona, or Flame (my old username, call me either and I'll respond, eh) and I work as a restaurant dish-washer, though because I'm going to university I won't be able to say that after the weekend.

I cannot waiiiit to learn and play Smash 4 Bowser. Pleasure to meet'cha all!

Weiro_O

Smash Rookie
NNID
Weiro_O
3DS FC
2702-1603-3539
Here is a match against a Shiek that I was able to 4 Stock :) (Weiro_O) Jose vs. Sheik #1

Here is the Shiek that beat me :( Learning experience indeed. (Weiro_O) Jose vs. Sheik #2

And here is the free for all where I am the Bowser. Still mind blown that someone turned my 3 Stock moment into their banner. I am honored lol Free For All

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Hey, I'm Zethoro. I've been playing Smash from the start, and since Melee I've mained Bowser (with a bit of Kirby), though until recently I haven't really bothered with the competitive scene. With the advent of Smash 4, I'm hoping to change that. Nice to meet you all, and nice to see some other Bowser players for once.

WaveDashCash

Smash Apprentice
Names WaveDash, WaveDashCash.
Although I have a NEED for SPEED, I always loved playing Bowser. No matter how bad and slow people said he was, I played him because I find his strength incredible and his specials amazing.

Horrifically underrated character. So glad he's faster nowadays.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Magik here. I mained bowser in melee and skipped over him in brawl. Haven't gotten ahold of the game yet but plan to main bowser again in this game.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
No Way!!!! LOL Your banner is from my match at Comic-Con when I played as Bowser! That triple KO definitely won me the game! Made it to top 4 but lost to a Shiek in Sudden Death :( It was on Twitch, so many saw me struggle with his keep away game on tortimer island.
I guess while I am here, I am Weiro_O, basically new to smash boards, and a Bowser main since Melee. He is also my all time favorite Nintendo character. I rarely enter big tourneys (The Comic Con one was my first, if it even counts since the game wasnt even out then). Just played competitively among close friends and my brother, (Who was the Yoshi in that same match in the banner mentioned above). Definitely plan to get more involved in this iteration of smash. You guys sound like a great bunch and cant wait to play/learn from you all.
Oh that's very interesting, the three stock Fsmash was one of my personal favorite moments from the comic-con event, I got pretty hyped up when it happened. The Shiek match was definately unfortunate but you still made it pretty far in the tournament which was an impressive feat, and you showed off some really amazing stuff so good job!

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
Hello! I'm Komenja, mained Bowser in Melee and Brawl though I sucked hard at the former and am moderately decent in the latter. I'm gonna try to be better with Bowser (and other characters) in this new Smash by actually doing my homework on all the new stuff people discover about them, and hopefully figure out some stuff for myself.

Nice to meet you all, and can't wait to have fire-breathing turtle fights!

Jecux

Smash Cadet
Hi, I'm Jecux. I have been a Bowser fan since I first time played MK64 and no other Nintendo character has made so great impression on me. I main Bowser in Melee and in Brawl he is my second most played character and I'm definitely going to main him in future installments. Let's hope that he finally gets out from the low tier! :bowser:

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Please, everyone, call me BSL. The #HBC, DtJ, and ASL are all stupid in-jokes.

Kooky Koopa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koopa1989
3DS FC
4184-2976-0132
Hi all. I'm Kooky Koopa and I have been a Super Smash Bros fan since the original release. I signed up a while ago on this forum due to the large hype surrounding SSB4. After joining, I got to gain a small taste of fighting against online opponents with Bowser and trying to improve my play and enjoyed what little I managed to participate in before the online system for the Wii shut down.

Since Melee, Bowser has been my favourite and although I am aware of his reputation as a low tier character, this didn't deter me from simply enjoying using the Koopa King for the fun character he is. I am really looking forward to the upcoming release of Smash Bros for the 3ds and hope for some good scraps with the latest incarnation of the big koopa himself.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Hello! I'm DrRiceBoy and Bowser is one of my favorite (if not all time favorite) Nintendo characters. I've always liked to play heavy characters more than lighter ones (I only really use lighter characters because I like their characters), so I've always liked to play DK and Bowser.

I have not played much Mario games, but I really really liked New Super Mario Bros DS and SMRPG. (he's awesome in SMRPG) I'm planning to play Bowser's Inside Story after finishing SMRPG.

Although Bowser is a low tier in Melee and Brawl, I've always liked to play him. He's not as good as other characters of course, but I really enjoy his slow but powerful playstyle.

Also, ever since a kid I've always liked large dinosaurs/monsters, so naturally I would really like Bowser.
(dinosaurs/gorillas are my favorite animals)

Overally, I'm really excited about playing Bowser in Smash 4. Really liking his new appearance. He looks to be incredibly strong this game, and even if he turns out to be low tier again (which he most likely won't; I've been hearing VERY good things about Bowser), I'm going to main him again.

Last edited:

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
I've been around for a while (2011) but I kinda fell out since my community never grew aside from Melee which I got sick of, but hi guys. I used to main Bowser in Melee but I stopped to play Falcon, but he is my main in PM. I also use him in Brawl Minus but that game is a mess LMAO. Anyway, I look forward to socializing with all of you as we learn this ruthless Koopa King together!

Also, I used to make combo videos and crap. I'm thinking there should be a Smash 4 Bowser community combo video sometime in the future, that'd be fun to see since Smash community CVs died down after like 2012. The song below is too appropriate.

SHOWTIME

D

Deleted member

Hello, I'm M72 and I tend to like huge reptiles, like Bowser, who is easily one of my favorite Nintendo characters since my childhood. He was my main when I first bought Brawl, however, later on I discovered that he wasn't too great. In this game, he looks like he's going to be my main again. :love:

Last edited by a moderator:

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Hullo, I'm Commander Blitzkrieg/CmdrBlitz/Gark, depending on where you find me. I've mained Bowser since Melee, because I like big, slow tanky face-smashers in most games. When I wasn't being a low-tier hero I dabbled in Dedede and Wolf for Brawl, which I briefly played competitively. Hoping to get back into it with Smash 4, using the new-and-improved Bowser with a Bowser Jr. secondary. Looking forward to finally being able to use my favorite fighter seriously. But I'm also rusty as all hell so I basically need to relearn the basics of fighting people that aren't drunk.

Last edited:

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
Hello, I'm ZephyrYoshi most everywhere on the internet, though honestly I don't do social stuff or forums very often except for here. I've never mained Bowser, and in fact I like DeDeDe better, but Shulk is turning out to be kind of "meh" for me... so I might give the King a chance. :upsidedown:

I'm pretty much a low-tier hero, but I'm better than my friends, so that counts for something, right? :bee:

I currently go to a school for ADD-riddled teenagers, because I like to spend my time doing things involving video games instead of schoolwork. I want to become a writer for video games someday, though I realize what a common goal that is.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I am A2ZOMG and I think competitive Smash is lame, and I blame Nintendo for not communicating with players more.

On a serious note, I like platformers and I like fighting game grapplers. Big grapplers are thematically awesome and their comeback potential is entertaining. Thus I think Bowser and Ganondorf are really cool in Smash.

I have personally sworn to not have a main in Smash 4. I am not a consistent tournament attendee, but I want to advance the metagame with hopes it is more balanced and that Nintendo will take balance patches seriously.

Weiro_O

Smash Rookie
NNID
Weiro_O
3DS FC
2702-1603-3539
Bowser is hungry for some KOs. Nice seeing so many Bowser believers. . .Bowlievers?. . . I'll see myself out.

Top Bottom