• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bowser's Castle

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
Why haven't you?

Lol.

Snarky remarks out of the way, I'd be alright with this. Someone make a thread. Just not Jay. People tend to ignore important threads that he makes.

Those jerks. Also we should maybe see about getting that Bowser MU discussion stickied? ;o

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Played an amazing bowser in for glory named something like le troof? anyone know who he is? he was REALLY Good

EarthenPillar

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-1441-9789
Hi guys. EarthenPillar here. I played Street Fighter for most of my life, and have moved over to SSB4 now.

Immediately fell in love with how accessible the game was and MU mixup oriented it is. My ultimate goal is to master all the characters in the game!
I picked up Bowser as my first character because his size would force my gameplay to adapt to the fundamental mechanics of the game, so I thought. Now I've about 1k matches with my Blastoise! Hope to be of help here in SmashBoards.

Have a nice day everyone!!

Negoksai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Negoksai
3DS FC
3781-0352-9739
Im play Bowser once in a while... lol hi

B!squick

Smash Master
Think I might give up on my match-up thread. And no, it's not because people would rather make new topics instead of just posting there, it's because I'm getting really sick of this website. It crashes. It goes down for maintenance during my peak hours of operation. Pages will only load up to the ad or ONLY the ad. Can't edit html codes for posts. But worst of all is the lag. Dear god, I have never in my life had so much trouble typing posts on a forum. And once the game has had more time to breath I'll be doing a LOT of typing for MU topic.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Played an amazing bowser in for glory named something like le troof? anyone know who he is? he was REALLY Good
That would be me. I do remember playing a bunch of matches against a solid DK named Brickb[]x. I forget why I had to leave though, I was having fun :(

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
That would be me. I do remember playing a bunch of matches against a solid DK named Brickb[]x. I forget why I had to leave though, I was having fun :(
You sir have amazing spacing and are so solid! Ill send you a message and we can play sometime if you want.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I only subbed this character for a long time...until now. I couldn't resist, he's so fun, honest, and quite truly a force to be reckoned with. Honest spacing and good punishes, my fundamentals are well rewarded when I play Bowser. Thus, I have decided to transfer him up to main status and bump Ganondorf to sub. It's required.

B!squick

Smash Master
My thoughts on the Bowser amiibo:
.... That's the Bowser one? Mario gets a badass flame summoning pose and Bowser gets a generic pose he had way back when Brawl came out? I mean, you can see it right there off to the right on this website even.

Laaaaaaaaammmmmmmmeeeeeeeeee.
I'm really leaning towards not buying it. There better a series 2 that looks, you know, actually good. Maybe use a model based on the Bowser's new look at the very least.

Last edited:

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
My thoughts on the Bowser amiibo:

I'm really leaning towards not buying it. There better a series 2 that looks, you know, actually good. Maybe use a model based on the Bowser's new look at the very least.
Since they're basing it off the in-game classic mode trophies, if they did make a 2nd series, it'd most likely look like the all-star trophy. It's the bowser bomb one.

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
My thoughts of Amiibos in general:

They are Smash Bros. trophy collecting defictionalized. We collected them in-game in the Melee and Brawl. Now we collect them in real life.

I ran into a good Bowser recently on For Glory named "Leap" in game. Here is my video of that match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G07NMzqIpmw
If you're here at Smashboards, Leap, give out a holler. You gave me an extremely competitive mirror match!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm a Charizard mainer from Project M, just beginning to try out SSB4 competitively. I never really considered having Bowser as part of my list of mains and secondaries, as I felt that Charizard was enough to fill in the large, heavy rushdown-centric character in my niche, but Bowser plays so well for me that I can't help but love using him.

Which is really something, because I never liked playing as him back in Melee and Brawl. I hope to balance my playtime with him and Charizard, and get even better with both of them in the future.

B!squick

Smash Master
I didn't even notice it was using that in game trophy. It's such a forgettable pose.

IMO, it should have had Bowser's arms over his head in that classic Atlas pose, roaring his defiance at the world. Not this... my arm is out and I'm kinda menacing looking grrr thing he has going on.

Last edited:

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
I didn't even notice it was using that in game trophy. It's such a forgettable pose.

IMO, it should have had Bowser's arms over his head in that classic Atlas pose, roaring his defiance at the world. Not this... my arm is out and I'm kinda menacing looking grrr thing he has going on.
It basically looks like that "chuunibyou" that's really popular in animu these days. It grates on my nerves, but whatever. Even if they turn Bowser into a teenage rebel without a cause, I'll still... no. No. I'd lose my love of Bowser if they did that. I just want my Super Paper Mario and Bowser's Inside Story personality. Nintendo pls.

Last edited:

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
I don't like that Smash 4 continues to use "realistic" kaiju-like roars for Bowser instead of his voiced audio from other games like Mario Kart and Mario Party. The same thing goes for the realistic animal sounds that Diddy Kong and Donkey Kong make in the Smash games.

Last edited:

Popi

Former EIC
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
PowpiPenguin
Hey guys. Popi here and I've recently picked up Sm4sh last week. I couldn't decide on a main so I kept randoming in For Glory and thought Bowser would do the job for now. I never liked him in the previous games because of his slow speed and overall playstyle but I found that Sm4sh Bowser feels really satisfying and responsive. Today, I participated in my first national (and first actual tournament aside from the monthlies I organize) and got into the top 16 thanks to the glorious Bowser.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Just gonna pop in and say hi. I really like Bowser in this Smash iteration. I mainly use Bowser, Dedede, Ganondorf. Finally you can play as Bowser and feel powerful.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Hey folks, I'm back! I'm gonna be playing Bowser in an upcoming Brawl tournament, and then will hopefully be transitioning smoothly to our favorite turtle in the next smash iteration.. Judging from comments I will miss our good ol' Brawl claw :sadeyes:

Kooky Koopa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koopa1989
3DS FC
4184-2976-0132
I recently took part in the Challonge E2C Smash 3ds week 5 Tournament as Bowser and managed to rank 7th out of 106 players after a host of hectic, exciting matches. I was under the alias of Krazy. It was my first dip into any form of competitive Smash and it was a blast! I felt so intense though with the build up. A little too intense, I felt under so much pressure but it was a great experience.

I fought a Diddy, DDD (Same player), two Lucario, Rosalina, Donkey Kong, two Ness, Mario and ROB (Same player). Was eliminated by Botastic's ROB after going 1-1 with his Mario. I thought I would mention it and would say to you all that I tried to represent us Bowser mains and forums (and others!) in what way I could, while having fun of course.

Cheers!

EDIT: For those interested, here is the link to the brackets.

http://challonge.com/E2C_3DS_Week5

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I know it's just a game, but I finally tried out Bowser for the first time in Smash Run, and it just hit me on something...

He's so tiny compared to his underlings (as well as every other enemy)! His primal stance in Melee/Brawl at least gave him the illusion that since he's hunched over, he would be significantly larger if he stood upright. It's actually pretty jarring for me, considering that I had just finished playing Super Mario 3D World, where he was gigantic in that game.

Last edited:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Hey folks, I'm back! I'm gonna be playing Bowser in an upcoming Brawl tournament, and then will hopefully be transitioning smoothly to our favorite turtle in the next smash iteration.. Judging from comments I will miss our good ol' Brawl claw :sadeyes:
Good to see you around again, VD!

Your initials never get old, teehee.

@ Kooky Koopa Kooky Koopa , congrats on your placement! I'm guessing the Iggy that took first is Iggy the Rosalina from Dallas, right?

Kooky Koopa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koopa1989
3DS FC
4184-2976-0132
@ Kooky Koopa Kooky Koopa , congrats on your placement! I'm guessing the Iggy that took first is Iggy the Rosalina from Dallas, right?
Thanks Zigsta. It was crazy intense but a fun experience. Yeah, going by the chatter, Iggy is the Rosalina. I'm not informed about the competitive scene unfortunately, but I'm guessing that he is the same Iggy you're referring to. as this one was also using Rosa.

Last edited:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Thanks Zigsta. It was crazy intense but a fun experience. Yeah, going by the chatter, Iggy is the Rosalina. I'm not informed about the competitive scene unfortunately, but I'm guessing that he is the same Iggy you're referring to. as this one was also using Rosa.
Iggy is a player who showed up to one of TourneyLocator's first Shockwaves. He came with a JAPANESE 3DS and game, no one knew who he was, and he styled on people with Rosalina/Megaman. He's since become a regular and consistently places high in Dallad tournaments. He also traveled to a Houston tournament and got top 10 I believe.

B!squick

Smash Master
Iggy is a player who showed up to one of TourneyLocator's first Shockwaves. He came with a JAPANESE 3DS and game, no one knew who he was, and he styled on people with Rosalina/Megaman. He's since become a regular and consistently places high in Dallad tournaments. He also traveled to a Houston tournament and got top 10 I believe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TINm6fiSHMQ

B!squick

Smash Master
Something I'd like to point out to our testers if they haven't realized it already: the stage builder on the WiiU should make testing a breeze for anything you might want to check.

Last edited:

Raiden mk-II

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4313-2377-1601
When you run into an elite player on For Glory, how long do you usually fight that person? I try to leave after 2 or 3 games but sometimes my pride gets the best of me and I end up playing 10 or more.

M.C.Jeducation

Smash Apprentice
Hey Everyone :) My name is M.C Jeducation. I only started maining bowser in Sm4sh but fell in love with him as soon as I first played him. I always enjoyed playing Bowser in Melee but in that game he was just too slow for me to be able to use well. Now that Bowser has been considerably improved I finally feel like I can play him well! :) Long live the King

Kooky Koopa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koopa1989
3DS FC
4184-2976-0132
Hey Guys

I wanted to report to my fellow Bowser mains that I recently took part in two more tournaments as our favourite Koopa.

The first tournament I managed to win which was held locally at an anime convention. There was roughly 20 or so competitors with a €2 entry fee. It was an incredible experience to go to a live tournament of some form and was amazed at the sportsmanship of all the other Smash players. I was really chuffed when I requested a small Bowser face and the organizer did a pretty nice one and was a great guy in general just like the other participants.

http://imgur.com/L4ONxzs

--------------------------------------------------

The second tournament was a follow up of the E2C Smash 3DS Tournament I competed in last week. This tournament was called the E2c Smash 3ds Finals Tournament. This was a compilation of the high ranking players over the last 5 week tournaments.

I fought against Luisfer (Lucario), Galespark (Samus), Greddyknight (Greninja), dreamcastfan (Rosalina), Kodystri (Ness) and according to Google, one of the top Smashers in the world, Cyve (Diddy Kong) who I fought in the winners finals. Naturally I was pretty goddamn terrified and also naturally, he utterly destroyed me 3-0 in two sets best of five. This was even more intense and pressured than the last as you can guess! But in the end, still solely using Bowser, I ended up ranked #2 after the most neck-to-neck intense Smash rounds in my entire Smash adventures. Again I hoped to represent our Bowser Mains and others while having a blast and doing my best to show others what our favourite Koopa King is capable of.

For those interested here is a link to the brackets and ranking. I was under the alias of Krazy.

http://challonge.com/e2c_3ds_finals

and

http://challonge.com/e2c_3ds_finals/standings

Last edited:

B!squick

Smash Master
Well, played online on the Wii U finally and it was just as god awful as I expected. I don't know why they bother to include "play with anyone" if it's going to be this garbage.

I did learn two things though. Zelda's FSmash out ranges our Jab or FTilt, I can't remember which I was doing and Pac-Man's DTilt out prioritizes seemingly everything in Greninja's arsenal.

EDIT: Also, great job, Kooky.

Last edited:

B!squick

Smash Master
The only thing that annoys me more at the moment, than Nintendo breaking Klaw, is the number of people who think it's "fixed" now.

And that Nintendo hasn't unfixed it yet. I can't even play as Bowser right now because I'm afraid I'm going to SideB at the wrong time and end up eating ****.

EDIT: Okay, this is something special. Someone just defended the Bowsercide "fix" by saying that wins against people who spamed SideB were unsatisfying. And no, I'm pretty sure I'm not being trolled.

Last edited:

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
EDIT: Okay, this is something special. Someone just defended the Bowsercide "fix" by saying that wins against people who spamed SideB were unsatisfying. And no, I'm pretty sure I'm not being trolled.
I've met people in college that have actually yelled out "from now on, you can't grab the ledge" because I edge hogged in Melee. From that point on, I just refuse to listen when people speak out about something using logic dictated by their own delusions. Just walk away.

Last edited:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
it's 2014 jay, why are you still taking casual opinions seriously or even reading them lol

Last edited:

B!squick

Smash Master
I'm normally very cynical, yet I'm constantly impressed with how stupid some people are AND for reason I care. I have no idea why. Maybe deep down I hope people aren't so dumb they make me want to drown a sack full of puppies. But they are. And there's always one less sack full of puppies in the world.

Maybe I vent on the internet because I can't do it at work. I work in a call center.

Calm_Animal

Smash Cadet
NNID
Calm_Animal
Sup guys, This is Calm_Animal, i have been main bowser since melee, and in texas for project m, im a quite known bowser main, good to see all of yall, and i hope that i can get a lot of help from yall.

Mr. Bones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bones-kun
3DS FC
3797-8360-5628
When you run into an elite player on For Glory, how long do you usually fight that person? I try to leave after 2 or 3 games but sometimes my pride gets the best of me and I end up playing 10 or more.
I am the Elite Player on For Glory.

But nah. If I find someone that's as good or better than me, I play for as long as they stay with me. I stopped caring about my ratings after my 100th loss(which I recorded the stats afterwards) so that I can focus on testing.

Even without trying really hard I still have a 90% win rate. Just doing what I can to learn more.

Welcome to everyone new to the boards. We need more Bowser reps. Start doing work and winning tournaments you scallywags. Good luck.

Netherfall

Smash Cadet
NNID
bambamboombop
3DS FC
1822-1445-5706
Hey guys Netherfall here. I've been playing smash since it first came out years ago, but never competitively. I could never decide on a character in any game really until Sm4sh. Bowser feels so solid as a character. He's not absurdly broken, but he's not garbage either. I want to get into the competitive scene someday, but I'm not sure when that will be since school starts soon for me. If any of you are from WA, are there any competitive groups here?

Top Bottom