• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bowser's Castle

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Hi.

I'm Jexulus, but I used to be known as Morph Boy in most circles (including back when I first made this account in 2011). I've been a big fan of Bowser ever since Paper Mario and Melee, and used him even when the world declared him crap. That didn't change in Brawl, when I first began to seriously research things online. In a sense, I'm a hipster, because I tend to only like things when other people don't. Because of that, I'm kinda turned off from maining Bowser in Smash 4, due to it being the trendy thing to do now.

Don't worry, though. Mario, Captain Falcon, and Charizard will keep my pyromania in check if I don't end up maining Bowser.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Because a Bowser theme song needed to be posted, I have provided some contenders. Listen while displaying dominance in For Glory mode.

All around good: https://soundcloud.com/ice-arrow/koopa
Metal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcC7JqhIOak
Vs a particularly challenging opponent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVF_3e9OQRw
Nah, there is only one track that is worthy for this dominance.
:troll:

Nah, but seriously, those are very badass and awesome and I should gather some serious OST I end up hearing while playing.

Last edited:

Twewy

Smash Lord
I'm Twewy, and I enjoy video games. Bowser is in a video game, so I enjoy him as well.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Is TWEWY your favorite game or is that just a coincidence?

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
I didn't introduce myself last night, so allow me to do so *ahem*

Hi I'm Richard 89, anyway I main bowser and some other characters as I did in brawl, I plan to do the same in Smash 4 for the wii u version. I look forward to getting to battle some of you when the wii u version comes out.

Boshi PV

Just another Wolf
3DS FC
2724-0961-4824
Switch FC
3729-0626-1690
I've been trying to main bowser since melee but he just always was a bad fit for me. But, in smash 4 he looks sooo fun to play. My friend and I are planning to work tirelessly on a Bowser/Bowser Jr. Doubles team. I'll be maining him and my old stand by Yoshi. That Fsmash is epic as all hell

Xadrin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1332-8158-7739
Oh, hi.

I am a Wi-Fi Brawl Bowser main (disregard the misleading profile picture) who has been playing online since 2010. Due to never bothering to play offline, I obviously can't make a name for myself, but my Bowser's not too shabby, if I do say so, myself. I also use a variety of other characters in Brawl, but I don't put as much effort into being good with them as I do with Bowser. In Smash 4, I will be maining Bowser, of course, and my secondaries will be Bowser Jr. and maybe Palutena. Unfortunately, I don't have a YouTube channel with footage of my Bowser. D:

I should get one of those someday

Last edited:

Shök

Smash Champion
Hey, all. The name is Shök. Bowser player from Houston, Texas. I use Bowser in all Smash games and SSB4 will be no exception. The Koopa King looks hella fun in this game, so I can't wait to get my hands on him.

I also used to play competitive Yugioh and competitive Mario Kart Wii. Currently playing the Pokemon TCG and Mario Kart 8.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Thanks for making this thread, Zigsta.

I'm an illustrator, screenwriter, and software engineer. I'm not the most active guy on this board, as you can see, but I love checking in every once in a while to find cool Boozer reps like MrEh, Zigsta, or Jerodak pop up and be all around fun dudes. Looking forward to seeing the introduction of Sm4sh 3DS Boozer to the west with everyone here. Let's get along. Peace.

EDIT: Had to include Jerodak for doing a great job with the moveset thread.
What kind of screenwriting do you specialize in? My writing partner and I specialize in animation. We're working on a handful of ideas this weekend to present to a manager who'd like to work with us. :)

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
What kind of screenwriting do you specialize in? My writing partner and I specialize in animation. We're working on a handful of ideas this weekend to present to a manager who'd like to work with us. :)
I was mentored in screenwriting for live action movies, but the basics carry over to any storytelling medium. If you'd like to bounce ideas off of me, you can reach me at:

It'd be my pleasure to offer any help I can give. If you get back to me before tomorrow, I'll be able to respond quickly. Unfortunately, my grandmother passed away recently, so I need to head out to Arizona on Saturday to help my uncle prep for the funeral on Sunday. Should the timing not work out, then I apologize ahead of time.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Sorry for your loss, Ultima.

Are you in the LA area?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I'm happy that a lot of prospective Bowsers are cool people.

I might end up playing him seriously, I like heavy characters but Dedede's changes are too drastic for me I think.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
About 1hr 20min outside of Glendale.
Cool. At the very least we'll have to meet up at a tournament. :)

Are you planning on attending any if the launch weekend tournaments? I'm going to one in Long Beach Sat and Huntington Beach Sun.

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
Cool. At the very least we'll have to meet up at a tournament. :)

Are you planning on attending any if the launch weekend tournaments? I'm going to one in Long Beach Sat and Huntington Beach Sun.
First I heard about those. I'm definitely going to make time to attend an opening week tournament.

EDIT: I'll be able to make it to the Sunday tournament at Center Ave, Huntington Beach. Hope to see you there.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Sup? I'm Crusher, and I've been playing Bowser as one of my original mains in Melee and Brawl, but neither works as well. I'm hoping to main Bowser this time around due to him being faster and is always a badass. I'm also deaf as well (big surprise I know)

Anymore about me, feel free to message me.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
This is the first time ive been excited to play Bowser.

I have always been a huge Bowser fan, he is my favorite villain but I never wanted to play him in smash. I'm excited for his moveset but I think it was his melee design that made me not wanna play him. He was more "dinosaur" looking and hunched over I never really liked that look. I'm so glad they are going with the upright modern Bowser now.:4bowser:

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Hey there, everyone can just call me "Lily".

I'm quite obviously a Peach fan/player but Bowser has always been my favorite video game villain; his displays of personality throughout the games helped me keep that fondness of him. I still need to play through SMRPG, but I've played throughout the Paper Mario series as well as gone through M&L: Partners in Time as well as Bowser's Inside Story (never got to play Superstar Saga, unfortuantely).

When it comes to Smash Bros., I actually have a bit of a goal in learning more on how to play all the other characters from Super Mario games, and when I play casual matches with friends I have a habit of picking Random. Lately, Bowser just happens to be popping up for me the most.

Also, I have a small hobby of voicing in some Smash Bros. machinima projects, mostly as Peach even though I'm a guy.
I hope to be able to reach out and have fun with the community~

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
The only theme worthy of Bowser is his Paper Mario theme! + his Final Boss segment :]

I imagine they'd remix them in together

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Ah, the first Paper Mario.
I do like The Thousand-Year Door and Super Paper Mario but the first Paper Mario is definitely the one I've replayed the most. It just has that super adorable feeling that the other Paper Mario games don't~

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Ah, the first Paper Mario.
I do like The Thousand-Year Door and Super Paper Mario but the first Paper Mario is definitely the one I've replayed the most. It just has that super adorable feeling that the other Paper Mario games don't~
My personal favorite is TTYD. It just has this fake HD feel to it I like, lol. The controls were also a little more precise, imo.

However, if I had to rate music, I'd put PM1 at the top. I would cry for a orchestrated performance of every. single. track.

I would have to agree with the adorable feel, though. I'm assuming it's just the way characters looked in this game and how nonrealistic they are, at least compared to the other PM's, but still...

Last edited:

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
My personal favorite is TTYD. It just has this fake HD feel to it I like, lol. The controls were also a little more precise, imo.

However, if I had to rate music, I'd put PM1 at the top. I would cry for a orchestrated performance of every. single. track.

I would have to agree with the adorable feel, though. I'm assuming it's just the way characters looked in this game and how nonrealistic they are, at least compared to the other PM's, but still...
There is a particular Orchestral Medley I like to listen to at night when I'm just browsing on my laptop on my bed before I go to sleep.
It isn't ALL of the PM1 tracks but still quite enjoyable.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
There is a particular Orchestral Medley I like to listen to at night when I'm just browsing on my laptop on my bed before I go to sleep.
It isn't ALL of the PM1 tracks but still quite enjoyable.
Thanks, I'll be enjoying this, haha.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
In the past, I've had a common attraction towards speedy characters, but now bigger characters have fascinated me, especially those that can pack a mean punch when played smartly. So, Bowser is one character I'm looking forward to play as along with the Wii Fit Trainer.

Just three more days and I finally get to play the turtle terror, I absolutely loved bowser in brawl solely because his flying slam was so fun to use. I always hoped that one day the Koopa King would get the proper royal treatment he deserved so im really happy they sped him up and actually made him a force to be reckoned with.

Last edited:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
In all respects, I'm happy he has gotten to where he is now. Ever since the first trailer that revealed Villager showed Bowser drop kicking Mario I wanted to main him regardless of his placement. He is one of my favorite villians period. He looks especially evil in this game as well.

Seeing as how good he (currently) is. I'm assuming everyone will be using Bowser or at least have a pocket Bowser just as everyone has a pocket Fox or pocket Meta Knight. For this reason, if Bowser remains head honcho I will drop from maining him to just falling under the pocket category.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
So who all's going to tournaments this weekend? I'm gonna be going to one on Sunday for sure and maybe Saturday (I may have work that day).

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
The place where I'm going (and preordered) is actually holding an SSBM tourney and havind a midnight release.

I'm very happy about this.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
So who all's going to tournaments this weekend? I'm gonna be going to one on Sunday for sure and maybe Saturday (I may have work that day).
I have 3 online tournaments with different circles of friends, and one in person on Sunday. I'm hyped.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
It seems some Skype friends of mine want to have a kind of "Day 1" online tournament. It's going to be quite silly considering.

Top Bottom