• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Does anyone think his firebreath would have any use this time around? Can they really make the move so useless in all games? Maybe it hits them a litte more up instead of having them stay in there (and SDIing into you to punish you for it...)

It seems like it has a little more range. If you can still angle it around it might see some use...

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Firebreath had a lot of great application in melee, although it was situational, so were all of bowser's moves... But I've set up MANY a kill with firebreath in the past.

Being able to just midlessly hold firebreath and keep people away sounds like it'd be neat, but that'd be a really dumb and thoughtless boring edgeguard move.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I want them to make his firebreath so that if you tap it he pops off a horizontal fireball (classic NES Bowser's fireball) and if you held it he did the flamethrower attack. It's not just some reference, it's what Bowser's fire breath normally does in his games and it'd increase the utility of the move.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Hear that, Sakurai?! We, including Gimpyfish, want Bowser to actually act like Bowser!

I think I'd like it if you could tap it three times in a row and he'd fire off the blasts at different heights... that'd really bring me back to ducking and jumping through his blasts while running through a long hallway to confront him.

ChozoBoy

Smash Apprentice
I think Bowser may have been repostured so that there wouldn't be as much size difference between him and the new biggest character. :)
(Half joking. That seems to be on-model with all of his recent depictions.)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh, another thing. His skin texture is VERY SIMILAR to his Melee classic mode trophy.

I'm using a phone, so I can't link to it though.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The only other thing I want for Bowser is that most likely he'll be the heaviest character in the game again, but I expect him to FEEL like he's heavier. Like I said before, all them lame Snakes and D3s, and even Warios, seemingly live longer than Bowser a lot. So I want to see Bowser live longer than the other characters this time, not including his Up-B recovery issue since well, it's not the best recovery, but it's not one of the worst. So again, Bowser's likely gonna be the heaviest again, so as that big epic fire-breathing brute of a Koopa that he is, Bowser's gotta feel like the heaviest.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
he was fairly legit in brawl and very good in project M!

edit:

NVM i didn't know he dropped down to F tier in brawl

Zekersaurus

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2027 5431 0731
quote="choknater, post: 15596780, member: 9674"]he was fairly legit in brawl and very good in project M!

edit:

NVM i didn't know he dropped down to F tier in brawl[/quote]
A
he was fairly legit in brawl and very good in project M!

edit:

NVM i didn't know he dropped down to F tier in brawl
Brawl's Bowser is an overall improvement. He was just less suited for the game he was in. He also gets comboed easily, and lost a few good things from melee.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yea brawl bowser is definitely more viable, meaning he had better matchups, than in melee

but still bottom tier lol

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
even if he stays low tier (I sincerely hope not) I will use him BUT make his shell like links shield please and make him get tap fireballs

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
The only other thing I want for Bowser is that most likely he'll be the heaviest character in the game again, but I expect him to FEEL like he's heavier. et cetera
My thoughts exactly.

I like the new approach for his looks in Smash, but one thing I simply LOVED was his dash animation, sliding like a bows. Can't believe they removed it.
There was even an inside joke with my friends about his dash being the best in Brawl just because it was so cool.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
I think Bowser may have been repostured so that there wouldn't be as much size difference between him and the new biggest character. :)
(Half joking. That seems to be on-model with all of his recent depictions.)
I actually came here to say this! I thought it was an interesting catch

grizby2

Smash Lord
I want them to make his firebreath so that if you tap it he pops off a horizontal fireball (classic NES Bowser's fireball) and if you held it he did the flamethrower attack. It's not just some reference, it's what Bowser's fire breath normally does in his games and it'd increase the utility of the move.
this is my biggest wish for bowser.
it should also have that sound effect like in Super Mario world when Ludwig von koopa spits out a fire ball. I love that crackly sound!

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
this is my biggest wish for bowser.
it should also have that sound effect like in Super Mario world when Ludwig von koopa spits out a fire ball. I love that crackly sound!

Definitely! I would love to hear that fireball sound, and somewhere in Smash I want to hear the sound of Yoshi spitting out an object.

SMW just has some fantastic sound effects.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
and great music too

bowser's castle theme is one of my favorites in all of video games

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
and great music too

bowser's castle theme is one of my favorites in all of video games
Bowser's road theme is one of my all time favorites! (though just about every SM:64 theme is up there)

I miss the Super Mario 64 Bowser, he was the 2nd scariest thing from my childhood, and I love him because of that!

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Y'know what I've decided would be fun?

When Bowser ducks, he should retract into his shell. Doing so could make his shell block projectiles and make it harder to launch him.

Also, having his down+A attack be him poking out an arm and swiping would be hilarious.

CalumG

Smash Lord
Hear that, Sakurai?! We, including Gimpyfish, want Bowser to actually act like Bowser!

I think I'd like it if you could tap it three times in a row and he'd fire off the blasts at different heights... that'd really bring me back to ducking and jumping through his blasts while running through a long hallway to confront him.
Oh my God yes, that is literally the same idea I had for Bowser too - he should definitely be able to alter his neutral B so he can shoot fireballs or use traditional fire-breath as necessary. Heck, whilst they're at it they could've given him a side B where he rapid-fires little hammers in the air like he does in SMB boss fights. I love Bowser's inclusion in Smash but he doesn't need to be faster to necessarily be better, as Sakurai seems to be aiming towards. Bowser should have an amazingly-powerful (brute force-wise) projectile game if his appearance in the Mario games is anything to go by. Too late now for major moveset changes like that I guess, but it's something I'd definitely enjoy seeing.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
It would be sick is Bowser could walk while breathing fire.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I like how Bowser's F-Tilt and D-Tilt now resemble actual punches, rather than him just flexing his hands while extending them. Both look like they could have come directly from Bowser's Inside Story, which is all-around great news in my book...now we just need the Dark Bowser theme!

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I like how Bowser's F-Tilt and D-Tilt now resemble actual punches, rather than him just flexing his hands while extending them. Both look like they could have come directly from Bowser's Inside Story, which is all-around great news in my book...now we just need the Dark Bowser theme!
His Downward Strong attack is suppose to be him scratching. That's why(going by the guide) it's called, "Floor Scratch."

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
His Downward Strong attack is suppose to be him scratching. That's why(going by the guide) it's called, "Floor Scratch."
That's just the thing...when I think 'scratching,' I think 'cats,' or perhaps 'intimate encounters.' Bowser actually clobbering opponents with his fists is far more in line with his brutish nature.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
But Bowsers a Turtle Dragon. Scratching is a mistaken term, imo. Bowsers claws are long enough to be called slashing. Most dragons use their claws other than their teeth, tail, and fire.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
After watching the trailer again... I notice that Bowser just ground pounds the whole time.

Whoever the Bowser was must be the same person every time, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom