• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarzan le Gitan

Smash Rookie
I already like Brawl Bowser as he is really fun to play, but I would love him to be buffed, especially THROWS. Bowser needs overpowered throws. Like a 5% Pummel and a 20% downthrow. This + Super Armor on a legitimate number of moves = perfect mid tier Bowser, slow but scary as hell.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I agree. However, I do think we need melee side b back, as that was way more useful a move than his brawl one, as Bowser needs to have his throws be useful, not just... flashy looking.
As for super armor, two spots he should definitely have it is on shell-based moves and throws.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I already like Brawl Bowser as he is really fun to play, but I would love him to be buffed, especially THROWS. Bowser needs overpowered throws. Like a 5% Pummel and a 20% downthrow. This + Super Armor on a legitimate number of moves = perfect mid tier Bowser, slow but scary as hell.

Oh, this sounds really cool actually. Maybe some more range on his grab too, although that'd be pretty extreme because then he'd be a chain throwing machine.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's something that's always been bothering me lately as well. Bowser is the heaviest character in the game, but he doesn't feel that heavy. He often dies faster than some characters, mainly Snake and D3, sometimes Ganon too (even MK sometimes) because of Bowser's poor recovery and DI. Then he doesn't have any super armor unless it involves the Side-B grab or well, regular grab. He does have invincibility frames from the famous Boozer Up-B, but no Super Armor by any non-grabbing means.
What I want to see from Bowser is some Super Armor and a bit more power, as well as living a bit longer in a sense, and maybe slightly faster falling speed (optional). Like I said, Bowser is the heaviest character in the game, and he should feel like the heaviest.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Super Armor: FSmash, Up B startup
Heavy KB Armor: Rest of Up B, Down B, DSmash,USmash, UThrow, DThrow, Nair, Dair, Shell end of Bair
Light Damage Armor: Crouch, Crawl, Dash Attack
Does that sound good for armor, or is it too much?

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Super Armor: FSmash, Up B startup
Heavy KB Armor: Rest of Up B, Down B, DSmash,USmash, UThrow, DThrow, Nair, Dair, Shell end of Bair
Light Damage Armor: Crouch, Crawl, Dash Attack
Does that sound good for armor, or is it too much?
What with hitboxes and whatnot, it sounds perfect.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Bowser definite has a new attack where he hits with both his legs sticking out. A new dash attack perhaps?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'm not 100% on the changes. Better is good, but I did actually like the feel of Bowser all hunched over and feral... This more acrobatic Bowser doesn't instinctively look right, but I guess time will tell.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm getting a feeling that I've seen Bowser's idle pose somewhere else. I just can's remember.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I hope they just make same old Bowser for Smash 4.
Humungous, powerful, but slow. Low tier, but still really fun.
That's what I like about him.

Why would you WANT a low tier? Come on.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Bowser looks a lot more fluent and deadly in this game, I think. I approve of him so far.

Iron Jawbone

Servant of Malroth
Late to the party on this one.
-Talk about buffs, check
-Talk about bringing in old moves (hammer was what I had in mind), check
-Bowser needs a stage, check
-People mentioning Sakurai mentioning buffs, check

Well crud, I'm not sure what to talk about except that I look very forward to maining Bowser for a third generation.

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
I'm not 100% on the changes. Better is good, but I did actually like the feel of Bowser all hunched over and feral... This more acrobatic Bowser doesn't instinctively look right, but I guess time will tell.
I think the change was to represent Bowser in the Galaxy games. He's more acrobatic, constantly jumping and running around.

The emphasize on yellow as it's a primary color also helps to make him look more similar to the cartoony Mario version of him.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Bowser is still in development. Note how in the 3DS footage his fingers don't move while they do in the WiiU version.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wish they made him bigger and heavier instead of more atletic and faster. But can't complain, at least he's been worked on.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Bowser is getting buffed!!! BOO-YAH!!! And I'm glad he's losing those shell spins. Not only does it not fit a King of Koopas, they were always slow and made him awkward to use. Nice to see he will be at DK status.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Freaking pumped for the buff!

Always wanted to main the ******* but he just couldn't cut the cheese in Brawl :(

Luigi player

Smash Master
I'm kinda sad about his fsmash and dash attack. Those were some of his more awesome looking moves imo. Oh well, at least he might be better overall.
He looks even more badass in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom