• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zuba Oki

Smash Apprentice
Here is my opinion of what bowser needs

Seeing that bowser has an actual run animation now I think his speed should be increased
he should have armor on all smashes and some of his aerials to be specific assuming that his fair, bair ,dair and uair is still the same that aerial that sakurai showed is what I believe to be his nair be i cant be sure anyway
bair uair and dair should have armor i not saying nair and fair because they look is pretty fast

Also with Koopa Klaw i think it should have two versions the flying slam version and the normal throw version
doing the klaw by itself will do the slam but if you hold back he will do a powerful back throw
With his fire-breath he has always been able to angle it so he is what i think you rapid tap b for standard fire breath
but if you hold down b he does a slow moving fire ball also when this fire ball connects with the ground it creates a
small pool of fire that last 5 seconds the pool does no stun and does gradual damage like 2% per tick
the fire ball does 12%

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Here is my opinion of what bowser needs

Seeing that bowser has an actual run animation now I think his speed should be increased
he should have armor on all smashes and some of his aerials to be specific assuming that his fair, bair ,dair and uair is still the same that aerial that sakurai showed is what I believe to be his nair be i cant be sure anyway
bair uair and dair should have armor i not saying nair and fair because they look is pretty fast

Also with Koopa Klaw i think it should have two versions the flying slam version and the normal throw version
doing the klaw by itself will do the slam but if you hold back he will do a powerful back throw
With his fire-breath he has always been able to angle it so he is what i think you rapid tap b for standard fire breath
but if you hold down b he does a slow moving fire ball also when this fire ball connects with the ground it creates a
small pool of fire that last 5 seconds the pool does no stun and does gradual damage like 2% per tick
the fire ball does 12%
I don't know if his speed should be increased too much; no one ever views Bowser as a fast character.

Shök

Smash Champion
He already seems faster than his Melee/Brawl counterparts. I'm loving the way he's looking.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I don't think Bowser needs to be faster. He just actually needs to be dangerous and have an approach that isn't extremely punishable.
We saw him do very well in project m. This was not only because he could do things like wave dash, but because he had more super armor frames. Speed may be good, but it's not everything and definitely not something that we should expect a lot of heavy weights to have.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
We saw him do very well in project m. This was not only because he could do things like wave dash, but because he had more super armor frames. Speed may be good, but it's not everything and definitely not something that we should expect a lot of heavy weights to have.
I always wanted to try some of the Brawl homebrews. Never got a chance, sadly.

But yeah, super armor is a great way to make Bowser more dangerous without making him faster.

He also needs a better approach. Projectile spammers can still ruin his day and will more than likely do so in SSB4 unless something is changed.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So. Bowser in Brawl sounds like a Godzilla monster. But since this game will keep the characters looking more like they do in their own games, do you guys Think he will have his more 'cartoony' voice now? (DK and Diddy did this, too)

I kinda want his 'real' voice this time. ^^

Cpt.

Smash Lord
No he is going to have a more cartoony, paper mario like voice for sure. He is starting to look more and more human like every game.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
No he is going to have a more cartoony, paper mario like voice for sure. He is starting to look more and more human like every game.
Do you know that, or just assuming? ^^ Either way, I hope you are right. I prefer his 'real' voice.

Also, you're the dude that made that Pro-Ridley video, right? You're awesome~

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Just assuming, but it only makes sense.

Yeah that's my vid thanks bro :awesome::grin:
That is true. Brawl made Everything more 'realistic', both colors and sounds (even Mario and Wario sounds more dark). But Smash 4 seems to be more cartoony, so Bowser, DK and Diddy will hopefully sound silly once more. ^^

And you are very welcome. XD I just hope Sakurai agrees with you.

Shök

Smash Champion
Somebody pointed out 1:43 in the Little Mac trailer. Bowser's Neutral A attack has changed. :O
Still seems like the 1-2 Jab, but just a little different. Ha ha. I'm just happy with more Bowser footage. >:]

Last edited:

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I might just be hearing thing, but in the Mac trailer, if you listen when Bowser and Mega Man get launched, I think you hear Bowser roar as he gets KO'd right after Mega's KO sound.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
i noticed some thing about Bowser.
He seems to have armor resistance to Mega-Man's megabuster as he is shot in the back.

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
i noticed some thing about Bowser.
He seems to have armor resistance to Mega-Man's megabuster as he is shot in the back.
I think that's what's going to bring him up from the lower ranks. We do have this one photo showing us he may be protected from all aerial attacks (from above or diagonally) while crouching.

If his shell acts like armor like link's shield while standing up as well, he might well be one of the top contenders. Unless it's just because projectiles and weak attacks that won't breach it. Imagine being able to safely walk away or jump backwards from your opponent with projectiles. This could indeed shut down characters whose only or safest approach is projectiles. Falco, Link, Wolf, Mario, Luigi, Megaman, Lucas, Ness, etc... would all bow down to Bowser's superior back shield.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, Bowser fans, I'm working on a project that you might have heard of called Project: Thank You Sakurai! (and, if you haven't, you should check it out) and I'm currently doing a poll to determine which characters should be on the virtual card that we're making for him. I would appreciate it if you guys would check it out here and vote for who you like. Currently, Bowser is low on the poll and needs some help if he's going to make it in.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I think that's what's going to bring him up from the lower ranks. We do have this one photo showing us he may be protected from all aerial attacks (from above or diagonally) while crouching.

If his shell acts like armor like link's shield while standing up as well, he might well be one of the top contenders. Unless it's just because projectiles and weak attacks that won't breach it. Imagine being able to safely walk away or jump backwards from your opponent with projectiles. This could indeed shut down characters whose only or safest approach is projectiles. Falco, Link, Wolf, Mario, Luigi, Megaman, Lucas, Ness, etc... would all bow down to Bowser's superior back shield.
Has Sakurai actually STATED that Bowser has some kind of invulnerability when crouching? Unless he has, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions.

That could be the first frame of the hit before Bowser flinches, for all we know. I don't think this proves anything.

Shök

Smash Champion
Hey, Bowser fans, I'm working on a project that you might have heard of called Project: Thank You Sakurai! (and, if you haven't, you should check it out) and I'm currently doing a poll to determine which characters should be on the virtual card that we're making for him. I would appreciate it if you guys would check it out here and vote for who you like. Currently, Bowser is low on the poll and needs some help if he's going to make it in.
On it!

Edit: Won't let me finish the survey. RIP.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Has Sakurai actually STATED that Bowser has some kind of invulnerability when crouching? Unless he has, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions.

That could be the first frame of the hit before Bowser flinches, for all we know. I don't think this proves anything.
Judging by the effect we see, it seems Sonic is stopped Clean, so this is either a 'Shield' thing when he crouches, OR he has JUST started using his Up Smash.
I Believe the first one is the most likely, seeing how the effect is. ^^

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Judging by the effect we see, it seems Sonic is stopped Clean
How exactly are you drawing that conclusion? I don't see Sonic deflecting off of Bowser in any way, I just see him hitting Bowser.

Again, screenshots mean jack squat, especially when Sakurai posts them because he intentionally tries to make the screenshots humorous. In this one, he was probably going for the effect of "LOOK! SONIC IS HITTING BOWSER'S SHELL!"

Video? Sure. Screenshots? Don't draw any conclusions.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'm not 'drawing conclusions', I'm going by what I Think is likely from what we know.

If Bowser was being hit, it would show, since the effects would appear about the same time as his flinch. Since that's not the case, it seems Bowser IS hot, but won't flinch, thus, Bowser is most likely protected, OR is countering with his Up Smash. But his body doesn't appear to be making a Up Smash at all. Sonic probably isn't flinching since he's using a stong enough attack to simply get 'stopped in his tracks'.

I still say, the most likely case from what we know, is that Bowser ses his Shell for protection, stopping Sonic's move. That effect are more similar to those that appear when moves collide, and such.
That, or Bowser simply has Super Armor when crouching.

I am NOT saying this is correct, but it's the most likely, from what I can tell

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'm not 'drawing conclusions', I'm going by what I Think is likely from what we know.

If Bowser was being hit, it would show, since the effects would appear about the same time as his flinch. Since that's not the case, it seems Bowser IS hot, but won't flinch, thus, Bowser is most likely protected, OR is countering with his Up Smash. But his body doesn't appear to be making a Up Smash at all. Sonic probably isn't flinching since he's using a stong enough attack to simply get 'stopped in his tracks'.

I still say, the most likely case from what we know, is that Bowser ses his Shell for protection, stopping Sonic's move. That effect are more similar to those that appear when moves collide, and such.
That, or Bowser simply has Super Armor when crouching.

I am NOT saying this is correct, but it's the most likely, from what I can tell
Sorry, man. I just don't see it.

As I said, Sakurai is a notorious troll with these screenshots because he tries to make them look funny instead of making them depict accurate representations of gameplay.

I mean, is Marth capable of charming female characters into not attacking him? Is there a minigame where Luigi tell jokes to a pikmin sitting on a tree stump?

Until we see it in a video, I say don't assume anything.

Note that Sakurai did talk about Bowser in one of the first videos released. Bowser having the ability to shrug off attacks by crouching seems like something he would've mentioned (though it's not conclusive).

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Remember the phrase 'to each his own'. ^^ Also, that Marth and Luigi pics are much different from the Bowser and Sonic one, since we see Sonic hit Bowser, without Bowser flinching. That, plus the fact that Sakurai said 'Sonic, Fail' really indicates that Sonic is the one in bad luck there. And Sakurai being a 'troll' is debetable, people just call him that for whatever he does.

But again, to each his own, arguing about it won't solve anything. I still Think there's something special happening there, most likely involving his spiky shell. We'll see eventually.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
i think his jump speed is what needs to increase in speed so his approach isn't super easy to react to and punish\

also fsmash should be stronger, its so hard to hit you should deserve the reward, plus it would be even more satisfying

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
i think his jump speed is what needs to increase in speed so his approach isn't super easy to react to and punish\

also fsmash should be stronger, its so hard to hit you should deserve the reward, plus it would be even more satisfying
The F smash is now the drop kick

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
As my favorite NIntendo villain I can't wait to use this version.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Remember the phrase 'to each his own'. ^^ Also, that Marth and Luigi pics are much different from the Bowser and Sonic one, since we see Sonic hit Bowser, without Bowser flinching. That, plus the fact that Sakurai said 'Sonic, Fail' really indicates that Sonic is the one in bad luck there. And Sakurai being a 'troll' is debetable, people just call him that for whatever he does.

But again, to each his own, arguing about it won't solve anything. I still Think there's something special happening there, most likely involving his spiky shell. We'll see eventually.
I have a new theory/hope about that picture: Sonic is hitting Bowser at the beginning of his up smash, which has super armor. Sakurai called it a "Sonic fail" in the Miiverse thread, and though it may just be goofing around like usual, I'm hoping it means that it's a fail because Sonic is about to be nailed by Bowser's up smash. :D

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Well, there is a theory that Bowser's Shell has Super Armor of it's own, as seen when MegaMan shoots him in the back. But it's hard to tell.

I'm just glad Bowser finally looks like a really good character~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom