• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser, Grab release thread [Flayl is a boss]

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
on sv platforms, the platforms make you come closer to olimar during the grab break animation, just enough closer to be able to jump uair him

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
OH ON SV PLATFORMS. Ok, I was just sitting there on FD trying it and I was like, "the ****?" lmao.

Thanks for the clarification on my horrible reading -_-.

yeah, it works on SV. I'm stupid. lol

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
This is all the jab frame data:

Now I gladly admit I'm not a pro at frames by any means, but it's a known fact that Squirtle's grab release isn't a true combo. I've had all three of jabs powershielded by PhantomX many times.

It's one of the main reasons I rarely ever jab after a grab release any more.

Squirtles grab release to jab is a true combo. Either you're doing it wrong or your opponent is a slidey character who is DIing to far away for you to hit on frame one

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I just wanted to point out that we can add situational things like that. its rare but its the kind of things that can make you win sometimes.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
On the chart we could just * it and at the bottom clarify the asterisk and just say it's on the moving SV platform.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
Ill do more test the next few days and post what I found.

also we can pivot grab the air release of mk on the platform
and on some characters you can dash grab their air release at the end of the platforms and finish them with drop down the plaftorm fair near the blast zone for an early kill

Ill do more tests

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
KK IS legit, after all. I can't wait to do that to Olimar, haha.

And GIMR, it's not true. This has been discussed plenty of times on the PT boards. Any more debate, bring it to the PT boards.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
Bowser Air Realease Options on Sv platform

I did tests on every characters. I check all the usefull options bowser have during an air realease on sv platform.
Since Im lazy and dont have a lot of time, I tried only this on each character:

FAIR
UAIR
USMASH
FSMASH
GRAB
RUN PIVOT GRAB ( grabbing him the other side to continue the chaingrab)
DTILT
SIDEB

Obviously there are more things bowser can do, but I chose the one that are more suceptible to be used.

I classed them in 7 groups ( one of them is the characters with unique options )

USMASH, UAIR, FAIR, SIDEB

Game & Watch
Ice Climbers
Ivysaur
Kirby
Luigi
Mario
Ness
Peach
Rob
Samus
Toon Link
Yoshi
Zelda

FAIR, SIDEB, GRAB

Bowser
Captain Falcon
Charizard
Diddy Kong
King Dedede
Link
Snake
Wolf

USMASH, FAIR, SIDEB, GRAB, RUN PIVOT GRAB

Lucas
Meta Knight
Pikachu
Squirtle

FAIR, SIDEB

Lucario
Pit
Zero Suit Samus

UAIR, FAIR, SIDEB

Marth
Olimar

FAIR, SIDEB, GRAB, DTILT, FSMASH

Falco
Ganondorf

Unique Options

Fox: GRAB, DTILT
Ike: USMASH, FAIR, SIDEB, GRAB
Jigglypuff: UAIR, FAIR
Sheik: FAIR, SIDEB, GRAB, DTILT
Sonic: USMASH, FAIR, SIDEB, GRAB
Wario: DO WHATEVER YOU WANT !!!!

If you prefer I can list every characters and wirte the options we have on them near their names.

EDIT: I also did some videos to show most of our options but I need somebody to upload them. I have a vid for the lagless fair too.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I have to test them on other stages like Rainbow cruise ( the pendule thing and the place with the walkoff)
but its gonna be another day

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
EDIT: I also did some videos to show most of our options but I need somebody to upload them. I have a vid for the lagless fair too.
I can do that, I upload stuff for a lot of people anyway.
Heres a quality sample. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ghnQpGp5Oo
But school is almost starting so that might take a while cuase now I got other things
to do ofcours too D:

Flayl

Smash Hero
I can actually test stuff for this thread with the frame advance code but I'd update it character by character each day.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
KK IS legit, after all. I can't wait to do that to Olimar, haha.

And GIMR, it's not true. This has been discussed plenty of times on the PT boards. Any more debate, bring it to the PT boards.
so let me get this straight.

My shield comes up in 1 frame,

When a squirtle ground releases me and I'm holding shield and he jabs me before my shield comes out that doesn't mean that it's a true combo.

Sorry bowser boards for changing the subject

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
so let me get this straight.

My shield comes up in 1 frame,

When a squirtle ground releases me and I'm holding shield and he jabs me before my shield comes out that doesn't mean that it's a true combo.

Sorry bowser boards for changing the subject
All I know is it's been discussed in the past on the PT boards, and it was agreed that the jab could be perfect shielded. I've had all three jabs perfected shielded by PhantomX before...can't remember if it was in our MM on Youtube, though.

The other top PTs came to the same conclusion. As a result, you'll rarely see one of us do GR to jab.

Again, if you'd like to bring this up with the other PTs, you're more than welcome to bring it to the PT boards. The topic hasn't been discussed in a very long time.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Someone please add this information to the first post:
- Air releases cannot be DI'd
- Characters whose feet are touching the ground cannot DI any of the releases. It doesn't matter if Bowser is pummeling or if they're only touching the ground because of a slope.
- Characters whose feet are in the air can only DI ground releases during the first 15 to 20 frames of their ground release (hard to measure)
- The distance for a ground release actually depends on the animation Bowser is currently in. During the first part of the pummel, Bowser draws the opponent near him. The opponent is closer than normal up until the middle of the headbutt (approximation, too hard to measure). What this means is that it's possible to DTilt Marth out of release, for example, if you release during the first part of the pummel.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Okay so, I'm currently testing grab releases in frame advance, so expect this thread to be updated within the next 2 days finally, 2 years later, LOL.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Vex (or should I call you Tsukasa) are you testing RAR'd (also known as wavebounced) BAirs for air releases?

It really looks possible to BAir Ness out of an air release, which would be awesome. But Bowser's dash seems to be a bit finnicky on when you can start the reversal.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Vex (or should I call you Tsukasa) are you testing RAR'd (also known as wavebounced) BAirs for air releases?

It really looks possible to BAir Ness out of an air release, which would be awesome. But Bowser's dash seems to be a bit finnicky on when you can start the reversal.
Call me Vex still,

How the hell do you wavebounce aerials? I didn't realize RAR was considered wavebouncing.

I'll test that, good call.

Flayl

Smash Hero
They're both kind of the same thing, except wavebouncing is associated with B-sticking. To wavebounce an aerial, you dash, B-stick backwards, which makes you jump facing backwards, and do an aerial (in this case BAir would be in the initial dash direction).

It looks like you can't do it during the initial dash animation, which might be the downfall of the idea, dunno.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
How many frames do we have to upair Jigglypuff? Is it 10 frames like Yoshi's GR upair on Jiggs?

Flayl

Smash Hero
We have 29 frames total to UAir Jigglypuff.

8 frames for jump squat animation
5 frames airborne and rising -> this is where the leniency can come from, don't know how much though
16 frames for double jump + UAir to come out

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Wow, I thought we had more frames than Yoshi, but I didn't realize we had almost 3 times more!

Thanks, Flayl.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Dang, Polt definitely told me he had 10.

GET EXPOSED, POLTERGUST!

B!squick

Smash Master
Alright, the next time you say you're going to update this thread Vex, will you actually do if I say I believe you will?

Top Bottom