• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser, Grab release thread [Flayl is a boss]

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Just want to tell that buffering ftilt is easy. Press right or left, release and when it's neutral, press A. You just buffered a ftilt. No need to chance controls. It's damn easy.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I appreciate all the grab release tactics with Bowser. I enjoy using good ole King Koopa and when I grab players and pummel them I usually end up using Fthrow or Bthrow.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I just discovered we have a guaranteed run offstage UAir against Squirtle :)

Expect to see a new thread sometime this week.

bigman40

Smash Master
Have you looked about grab releases over the ledge? When you jump from the ledge, you have no jump squat lag and you instantly do a full hop. Might help out for your options.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Wonder if it works on anyone else.
I'm not sure, but I do know Squirtle in particular is susceptible to runoff GR options when he's released offstage. Wario has guaranteed runoff Waft.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Does Trainer's GR woes ever end? :laugh:
I shouldn't be laughing, because I like Trainer (especially Charizard), but this stuff I'm hearing is brutal hilarity.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Does Trainer's GR woes ever end? :laugh:
I shouldn't be laughing, because I like Trainer (especially Charizard), but this stuff I'm hearing is brutal hilarity.
It's largely Squirtle who gets wrecked. Fortunately he's the hardest of the three to grab.

But even so, YOWCH.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Have you looked about grab releases over the ledge? When you jump from the ledge, you have no jump squat lag and you instantly do a full hop. Might help out for your options.
I don't really understand how you do that? I've been testing releases over the edge, and that's never occured. On another note I don't think full hops would ever give us a position we can use, but we'll see.

MrEh: It works on a specific position for Meta Knight, but it's so specific it's useless. I'll try to get some screens on where you can do it. For now I haven't found anybody else it works on.

Speaking of Charizard, he's the only character in the game Bowser can UTilt out of release on a slope (30º).

Speaking of slopes, Bowser should never pummel Bowser, Donkey Kong or Yoshi on 30º+ slopes, they will get released immediately.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Speaking of Charizard, he's the only character in the game Bowser can UTilt out of release on a slope (30º).
Nice!

Does it matter which side of the slope Charizard is being released on, ie the up or down part?

Flayl

Smash Hero
Just for the record, Bowser can edge cancel full jump during the first three frames airborne. Probably holds true for all characters but I'm not testing. Haven't found a use for it yet though.

I'm not sure how to put the following in a chart (probably should just put firebreath?):

If you air-release Link offstage (by having his feet dangle over the ledge for example), firebreath immediately and aim slightly up, it'll eat his double jump and force him to UpB, but only if he tries to double jump immediately. If he's forced to UpB, you can edgehog or FTilt etc. depending on his SDI against firebreath and how he chooses to UpB.

If he doesn't double jump immediately, you can react to his low height and edgehog his UpB.

Other than that nothing is guaranteed against him offstage, but Run-off DJ Fair comes pretty close and will probably work anyway.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord

Speaking of slopes, Bowser should never pummel Bowser, Donkey Kong or Yoshi on 30º+ slopes, they will get released immediately.
so like, am i gonna have to start bringing a protractor to tournaments now?

Flayl

Smash Hero
I was proactively responding to "what slopes meet that requirement" because I have psychic powers

edit: Neat title

Top Bottom