• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boost Walking

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I hope it doesn't help anything other than jabs, because then Snake's uptilt is just lol.
Oh God, I didn't think about Snake.
If this is legit his wall will get even better.
*looks up*
Canada is up BTW
*see's Ally jumping with joy*
"****"

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
yeh this is best with fox and weegi due to their slide
the other day i almost mastered it with weegi
i was sliding forward, jabbing once, pivot boosting backward, walking forward and jabbing again and repeat.
so sick and fast too

PFANT

Smash Cadet
just to point something out, when you connected with jab, it slides you slightly farther then if you just do the fox trot pivot to jab by itself. Samus is a really good example of this as well as fox. this isn't limited to jabs either i've been doing charged front/ down smashes. distance isn't quite as good as a normal pivot boosted tilt or smash though

Edit: this into a regular pivot boost ***** though

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_g3bUJrNNw
I have no idea how to perform it but we need to figure it out.

ps Fox also shows a use for it.
Is there a name for the momentum effect common to all of the following phenomena:
  • Mario's backwards slide out of an ftilt with a timed crouch, dodge, jab, dsmash, usmash, or uptilt
  • Ganon's forward slide out of a dodge with a crouch, grab, jab, ftilt, utilt, usmash, or change in direction
  • Pit's slide out of a dodge with a change in direction

If not,

(a) give one to it, (say X),
and

(b) I theorize that this computer is just timing it's jab out of a True Pivot, and is achieving effect X.

As a test of my theory, if anyone can perform ledge scarring (the one where you stop in place at the edge) with Fox Illusion easier than he can true pivot, do that and try timing the jab at different moments. I have just now wondered if the state the character goes into is the same as a True Pivot, at least for the purposes of the character model's friction.

Also, question for "Boost pivot walking", why are you setting a button to jump? (1), you don't need to hold or even press jump, and (2) Y is right there.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Some moves stop all momentum; however, I don't know if the extension on the hitbox would still be there.

Falco's jab is one of these moves.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
i was pivot boosting against this this one cpu and he started pivoting in place followed by two crouch taunts.
it was so hilarious

saviorslegacy

Alright, this thread does not have anything to do with this new tech.
It has to deal with Pivot Boosting. As soon as I figure out how to make a user group we'll move into there and test. Once we have everything together we;ll mke a post and see how much hype we can get. ^^

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
just go to view user groups, and there is a button somehwere to hit create one or something. I created Keyboard Cat that way.

saviorslegacy

Will we be seeing this as an improved dash dancing for some characters (marth)
You can't move the analog back and forth fast enough to dance w/o triggering a walk.

You can however do this:
Boost Walk> duck> Boost Walk> duck> repeat
That is legit and it allows you to boost left and right quickly.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
If people actually think this is useful, then I will be quite shocked. This thing is as useless as Mario's D-tilt.
If you think your post is useful, then I will be quite shocked. If you don't like something, then simply ignore it.

Scrub.

Anyways, I'm going to try to implement this.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
If you think your post is useful, then I will be quite shocked. If you don't like something, then simply ignore it.

Scrub.

Anyways, I'm going to try to implement this.
Lol I would beat you so bad and I don't even play brawl. Don't call me scrub. Atleast I didn't lose to Volt at the Gigabytes tourney.

And he's not even ranked. Scrub.

What's so useful about this anyways? (Not trying to be a **** but it doesn't seem useful at all.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Lol I would beat you so bad and I don't even play brawl. Don't call me scrub. Atleast I didn't lose to Volt at the Gigabytes tourney.

What's so useful about this anyways? (Not trying to be a **** but it doesn't seem useful at all.
this is the only possible way to walk through your opponents shield :)

Tommy_G

Smash Champion

Scrub

I didn't lose to Volt. I don't even know who Volt is.

If I did happen to lose to some random person that I don't even remember, good job to you for doing research on me enough to know what random losses I've gotten.

Why the hell are you posting on a Brawl topic if you don't play Brawl?

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
this is the only possible way to walk through your opponents shield :)
Oh hah wouldn't it be better just to pivot grab? or just to run? <_<

Scrub

I didn't lose to Volt. I don't even know who Volt is.

If I did happen to lose to some random person that I don't even remember, good job to you for doing research on me enough to know what random losses I've gotten.

Why the hell are you posting on a Brawl topic if you don't play Brawl?

I didn't research anything, Volt is actually the one that told me he beat you at Gigabytes, I also saw the results thread because he linked me to it.

I meant to say, I don't even practice brawl. I really came on this board just to see the so called "advanced techs". And half of brawls AT's are so useless. I don't even get why you're getting so defensive lol.

highfive

Smash Lord

I didn't research anything, Volt is actually the one that told me he beat you at Gigabytes, I also saw the results thread because he linked me to it.

I meant to say, I don't even practice brawl. I really came on this board just to see the so called "advanced techs". And half of brawls AT's are so useless. I don't even get why you're getting so defensive lol.
Scrub. Highfive out.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord

Yeah, this post is pretty scrub to me.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
That guy was a discrace to The Bakery...

I'm sure characters like Sheik and Marth will get the best out of this since you can get a good slide. :sonic:
haha this isn't melee noob!! haha i don't play this game but i know this sucks because melee is better haha. if i saw someone do this i would be haha fsmash haha i win haha. peace

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Lol I really don't see how this is useful <_<.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound like a ****, but seriously what advantage does this have over anything? :|

I gurantee I could beat half of you in brawl :]

You should see where I learned to play smash and of how my level is :)

saviorslegacy

-_- please no fighting

#1 Yes this is very useful.
A slide on the ground that allows you to perform anything out of it is always useful.
All Melee mains no this. Unfortunately we aren't using a jump, we are using a pivot. Same result though (a simple slide.)

#2 I am really really really really getting tired of Brawl AT hate. -_-
*bang

#3 Why do we even call people Scrubs anyways?

#4 Dia-A was just expressing his opinion. "The way you expressed it is what got you the hate."
Word your sentence's a little bit better to dodge potential flamers.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
Has the first post been updated with all of the stuff that has been brought up in the thread? I've read through a few times in the past week and I'm really confused now about what is what? There are a lot of names being thrown around. Pivot walk, boost pivot, boost walk, boost smash, Zero Acceleration Boost Pivot Walk Dash.

On the replay where fox slides his jab at the marth, a replay is just a recording of all the button inputs and when you watch it in-game it just takes those inputs and relays them through a "match". Is there a way to decode the replay files to look at the raw inputs? I would think some of the hackers working on B+ and would probably be a good choice.

saviorslegacy

Has the first post been updated with all of the stuff that has been brought up in the thread? I've read through a few times in the past week and I'm really confused now about what is what? There are a lot of names being thrown around. Pivot walk, boost pivot, boost walk, boost smash, Zero Acceleration Boost Pivot Walk Dash.

On the replay where fox slides his jab at the marth, a replay is just a recording of all the button inputs and when you watch it in-game it just takes those inputs and relays them through a "match". Is there a way to decode the replay files to look at the raw inputs? I would think some of the hackers working on B+ and would probably be a good choice.
lol, to much info is in here.

Boost Walking is the OP.
Something called Wave Dashing (what Fox done) is still being tested.
Boost Smashing is something else entirely.
Zero acceleration dash is where you dash and don't move.
Ignore everything else.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
Are there explanations for how to do each? You made a research group and said you would release some findings when you are done. If you plan on compiling all the stuff in this thread when you do that then that would be awesome.

If you don't plan on doing that I would be willing to go through and compile each AT with an explanation and hopefully a video. If I did such a thing could you or someone else give me a hand finding some videos. A lot of people keep saying "I've been doing that since the game came out" or other such things. Other ideas have been dropped before they even got explained.

Same goes for the tele-light-stepping thread. I thought there was a lot of interesting stuff in there, but no one to organize it.

saviorslegacy

Are there explanations for how to do each? You made a research group and said you would release some findings when you are done. If you plan on compiling all the stuff in this thread when you do that then that would be awesome.

If you don't plan on doing that I would be willing to go through and compile each AT with an explanation and hopefully a video. If I did such a thing could you or someone else give me a hand finding some videos. A lot of people keep saying "I've been doing that since the game came out" or other such things. Other ideas have been dropped before they even got explained.

Same goes for the tele-light-stepping thread. I thought there was a lot of interesting stuff in there, but no one to organize it.
Kinda, we are still researching Moon Dashing.

When we finish with Moon Dashing we will release a video and a thread.
Everything else already has a thread.

ps Does anyone know why my username is white?

Top Bottom