• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boost Walking

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Are you walking or running?

Are you performing FSmash with the c-stick?
Oh, not Forward smash, I was talking about the tilts. I can get the forward smash. In fact, I told the Luigi's about it a while back, how if they use Atomsk's WAH! WAH! WAH! WAH! style they should incorporate the slide into it. buuuut, I can't get anyone's tilts to slide :/ Is there a timing I'm doing wrong or something?

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Oh, not Forward smash, I was talking about the tilts. I can get the forward smash. In fact, I told the Luigi's about it a while back, how if they use Atomsk's WAH! WAH! WAH! WAH! style they should incorporate the slide into it. buuuut, I can't get anyone's tilts to slide :/ Is there a timing I'm doing wrong or something?
Ah, I asked them about this and they just told me another way to get the momentum slide.

I have barely tested this and IDK if you can tilt slide. It is possible though since the mechanics are there.

Does anyone know how to stop a Smash during it's charge so that it is never performed?

Mclena45

Smash Apprentice
Strange... Even with all your button suggestions, I still can't seem to get it working...

Also, I don't think I'm willing to give up a button, other then Z, for attack or Jump... Shielding is important! I need both L and R buttons or I'll get messed up in a match >.>... I don't think its particularly needed right now if you need to give up one of the two buttons. You mean to shield but attack instead, leaving yourself wide open to an attack, most likely a KOing attack.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCA5hTvZIYM#t=2m36s

Watch the whole video if you want. This is Marth's dash momentum canceled pivot grab(shown at the end of your video in random, but you don't grab anyone) You might want to take a look at the range on this thing.

Some moves purposely stop all sliding momentum. Make a custom stage of a long ice path, use Falco's firebird horizontally, and then jab. You'll see what I'm talking about.

saviorslegacy

Strange... Even with all your button suggestions, I still can't seem to get it working...

Also, I don't think I'm willing to give up a button, other then Z, for attack or Jump... Shielding is important! I need both L and R buttons or I'll get messed up in a match >.>... I don't think its particularly needed right now if you need to give up one of the two buttons. You mean to shield but attack instead, leaving yourself wide open to an attack, most likely a KOing attack.
I only have my L button set to attack. I perform it with default controls.

Watch the whole video if you want. This is Marth's dash momentum canceled pivot grab(shown at the end of your video in random, but you don't grab anyone) You might want to take a look at the range on this thing.

Some moves purposely stop all sliding momentum. Make a custom stage of a long ice path, use Falco's firebird horizontally, and then jab. You'll see what I'm talking about.
I actually used a Boost Walk Canceled Pivot Grab.

You however seem to be performing a Moon Walk! O-o

CRASHiC

Smash Hero

That is amazing. does this increase the grab range of all charecters, or just marth for some weird reason?

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
That is amazing. does this increase the grab range of all charecters, or just marth for some weird reason?
ive had level 9 cpus do this to me. i always wondered why they moved awkwardly at times and land hits unexpectedly. they must use the dash frames to increase length and momentum

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
i've done that "moonwalk" a couple of times before from messing up a DD. >_>
it was kinda interesting too, i got dashes and walks to link up seamlessly at least once. i just kinda figured it was a true pivot or w/e they call it, where you cancel the DD with any action, and i just happened to be holding the analog lightly in the opposite direction at the time.

saviorslegacy

I know it was Brawl+. I figured someone would notice the Ike thing. However, they never hacked the dash animation.
You can perform every dash AT in B+.

I was afraid if I mentioned it was Brawl+ then it would get less attention.

But it is in Brawl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kctELDVLn8M
*1:40

BTW, I have performed a sticky walk in slo mo but I still can't get that boost at the end. :ohwell:

:EDIT:
The dyscn'd version of this he runs into a roll dodge.
Probably not helpful, but there it is.

Hmmmm.... we should interview the CPU's and ask them for their secrets.
CPU tech skill > human tech skill

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
I know it was Brawl+. I figured someone would notice the Ike thing. However, they never hacked the dash animation.
You can perform every dash AT in B+.

I was afraid if I mentioned it was Brawl+ then it would get less attention.

But it is in Brawl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kctELDVLn8M
*1:40

BTW, I have performed a sticky walk in slo mo but I still can't get that boost at the end. :ohwell:

The dyscn'd version of this he runs into a roll dodge.
Probably not helpful, but there it is.

Hmmmm.... we should interview the CPU's and ask them for their secrets.
CPU tech skill > human tech skill
being a jiggz main, my jigglypuff cpu is the hardest of the bunch.
the other day i was messing around against it and it sounded like it was crouch taunting ( i heard a bloop bloop noice), but instead it slid into me and rested, i was like WTF!!!
it was too long to replay tho, damit

saviorslegacy

being a jiggz main, my jigglypuff cpu is the hardest of the bunch.
the other day i was messing around against it and it sounded like it was crouch taunting ( i heard a bloop bloop noice), but instead it slid into me and rested, i was like WTF!!!
it was too long to replay tho, damit
You can Boost Pivot by ducking.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to read any of the replies, but this is easily done with every character (I've done it with few so I am assuming) . All you have to do is Smash-Tap a direction so your initial running animation starts, then quickly set the stick back to neutral position. If done correctly, this will happen. It is very easy to do once you get the hang of it.

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to read any of the replies, but this is easily done with every character (I've done it with few so I am assuming) . All you have to do is Smash-Tap a direction so your initial running animation starts, then quickly set the stick back to neutral position. If done correctly, this will happen. It is very easy to do once you get the hang of it.
i used to do this all the time, but that's not what i was referring to. i was transitioning between dash dances and boost walking without any lag.

i thought it was odd but i figured it was already known.

PFANT

Smash Cadet
Hey Savior, do you want me to post a vid of every character doing that cpu tech from your first link? i figured it out and I have a captured card, it is pretty interesting so if you want me to do it just let me know.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Hey Savior, do you want me to post a vid of every character doing that cpu tech from your first link? i figured it out and I have a captured card, it is pretty interesting so if you want me to do it just let me know.
*Imitates saviorslegacy
Yes, please go right ahead.:p

But on serious note PFANT, how much win does this technique have? 'Cause the way the cpu did it, seems way too risky to perform in an actual battle. However if you could use this to evade smash attacks, and even punish them with a smash attack, it would be worth the risk.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
This technique=

Walk forward...Smash-tap dash the opposite direction...move the control stick to the original direction as fast as you can without starting a dash.

I'd love to see a good video of every character though :)

saviorslegacy

Lemme perfect it and run some more tests.
*Imitates saviorslegacy
Yes, please go right ahead.:p

But on serious note PFANT, how much win does this technique have? 'Cause the way the cpu did it, seems way too risky to perform in an actual battle. However if you could use this to evade smash attacks, and even punish them with a smash attack, it would be worth the risk.
Notice how quickly the CPU performed? This is a lightning fast approach technique.

I just cracked the puzzle.
Notice how he was walking BEFORE he performed it?
Well, if you walk and then fix trot in the reverse direction it is sticky walk.
When he pivoted he gained momentum from the pivot and still had a little bit of momentum from the walk. This resulted in left of momentum after he stop moving. In other words, momentum while not performing any action is a slide.

This technique=

Walk forward...Smash-tap dash the opposite direction...move the control stick to the original direction as fast as you can without starting a dash.

I'd love to see a good video of every character though :)
I just noticed this post.

I hate you (j/k)
Well, at least there are two people saying the same thing. I guess that pretty much makes the info legit.

saviorslegacy

Okay, now why did his grab range become so huge?
I am guessing because you have a left, right, left (or switched) momentum shift that it glitch's it and the game doesn't read Marths position correctly. Thus stretching the grab box.

That is my opinion.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Kennypu left out the fact that you have to be walking and you need to move the control stick to walking position afterwards

saviorslegacy

Would it do the same for DDD?
Kennypu left out the fact that you have to be walking and you need to move the control stick to walking position afterwards
Which is what messed me up the most.
The walking factor makes this soooo hard.

I'll make a video and do some more research. Tommy, Wiggins, if you want to help me with research than it is more than appreciated.
So we don't make fools of ourselves lets give this at least a one week buffer.

I'll make a private social group and invite you two.
If anyone else wants to help just ask.

When we have our sticks and stones all together then we'll make a new thread showing our findings.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Just a thought based on what happened with the Marth in that vidoe, if it caused his grab to become so disjointed, could it possibly make all attacks disjointed, giving characters higher 'priority' ?

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Which is what messed me up the most.
The walking factor makes this soooo hard.

I'll make a video and do some more research. Tommy, Wiggins, if you want to help me with research than it is more than appreciated.
So we don't make fools of ourselves lets give this at least a one week buffer.

I'll make a private social group and invite you two.
If anyone else wants to help just ask.

When we have our sticks and stones all together then we'll make a new thread showing our findings.
I actually have a little free time available, so I'm game! What happen to your sheik avatar and sig? I didn't even recognize you.

Pleather

Smash Cadet
I am guessing because you have a left, right, left (or switched) momentum shift that it glitch's it and the game doesn't read Marths position correctly. Thus stretching the grab box.

That is my opinion.
I don't feel like testing this just now, but I'm pretty sure the range increase on marth's grab is just an illusion. As you know, when marth turns around and does the ZAD (Zero Acceleration Dash, which is the name I learned for it), he isn't simply pivoting, he's dashing. When he grabs out of the ZAD, it's a dash grab, however, unlike a normal dash grab, he actually stand still while doing it. In a normal one, he grabs the character, and simultaneously moves forward. I'm pretty sure that grabbing out of a ZAD doesn't technically increase the dash grab range. On the other hand, it's halfway between a dash grab and a pivot grab, in that you aren't moving towards the opponent while grabbing, nor moving away; but staying perfectly still, while retaining the same grab range (a dash grab's range; significantly more range than if marth stopped, turned around, and performed a standing grab.)

saviorslegacy

Just a thought based on what happened with the Marth in that vidoe, if it caused his grab to become so disjointed, could it possibly make all attacks disjointed, giving characters higher 'priority' ?
I likes the idea.

Not sure if it would work though. Mainly because that was a grabbing frame. Of course, that is just a thought.

Hmmmm.... this would give some people broken walls.
If it would be possible, I wonder he would become broken?
MK wouldn't gain much since his ground attacks are d-tilt (don't think it would work that well since you would have to duck), f-tilt (since it has multiple hits my idea would only say that the first would become disjointed), u-tilt (not much gain) and Dash attack (lol). It might beef his grab rnge though.

I see this helping Sheik though. A disjointed sliding f-tilt sounds really lethal (even though f-tilt is already is disjointed).

I actually have a little free time available, so I'm game! What happen to your sheik avatar and sig? I didn't even recognize you.
cool
lol, I just wanted to get a Wolverine set.
I really like that Sheik avy so I'll use it again. Right now though, Hugh Jackmen is my forum set.

ps Any idea how to make a user group?

@Pleather
good idea

Top Bottom