• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman for SSBB?

RDK

Smash Hero
On a side note, am I the only one here who enjoyed Bomberman Hero?
Yeah, pretty much.

YOU support Waluigi
Wow. I just lost all respect for Xianfeng.

@ Napps

Great pic. I love the 4-color classic Bombermen. Makes me all tingly inside.

OysterMeister and JGTC--welcome to the club!

IllidR

Smash Champion
I think what we need is a good rant...anybody, oh fine! I'll be back in a lil while...maybe I'll wait until AFTER tonight's update...we should talk about that without true direction
That usually racks up post counts in threads...**** YOU RIDLEY!

Bmaster 4 Brawl
Or that could get this thread closed like Ridley's? Anyway Bomberman for Brawl!

RDK

Smash Hero
Or that could get this thread closed like Ridley's? Anyway Bomberman for Brawl!
Yeah. We don't want this thread to get closed. Rants are fine, but make it pertaining to the topic.

Why do you have a problem with Ridley now, Dyna?

Dynamism

Smash Lord
problem with Ridley?
Overrated OH NO HE DIDNT JUST!! OH NO!!!
Really though? like seriously, totally?

I wanna see a GOOD MS before he's mentioned again...a GOOD ONE!
Too much of this "3 jumps, so cool for a heavy weight B****!
That's probably obvious beyond all diharea!

I wanna know the full blown Ridley in Brawl feel and stratagy cause I just can't see it yet!

Bombmer on the other hand...OH BOY! PERFECT *fantastico*

IllidR

Smash Champion
Yeah. We don't want this thread to get closed. Rants are fine, but make it pertaining to the topic.

Why do you have a problem with Ridley now, Dyna?
Man RDK! Why do you always take the orange out when you quote me.. so not cool.:(

Anyway, does anyone like a picture or series of pictures of all of the costumes of Bomberman from Bomberman 64 they could post? I'd like to see some possibilities!

RDK

Smash Hero
Man RDK! Why do you always take the orange out when you quote me.. so not cool.

Anyway, does anyone like a picture or series of pictures of all of the costumes of Bomberman from Bomberman 64 they could post? I'd like to see some possibilities!
Sorry. I don't use the auto-quote button, I'm too lazy. So usually I just copy and paste. That better?

And I have B64 for Project64, so I'll see if I can get screenshots of all the different costumes...

Bombmer on the other hand...OH BOY! PERFECT *fantastico*
**** right.

Del Money

Smash Champion
wow i havent visited here in a while..
Lol, kk, sorry. I'm a little testy today.
lol, he said "little testy"..

nice costume set btw. oh and props to Napps for the alternate Bman colors. hmm theres really not much else to discuss. did we do the Bomberman stage contest yet?

RDK

Smash Hero
lol, he said "little testy"..
BAAAAAAMMMMMM!!!!!

The orignal bad boys are back, yo.

nice costume set btw. oh and props to Napps for the alternate Bman colors. hmm theres really not much else to discuss. did we do the Bomberman stage contest yet?
No, Clarkjables and Cubelarooso never finished their entries.

RDK

Smash Hero
Jables is active every day? I haven't seen him in forever. I thought he fell off a cliff or something.

I guess we could start the contest without him. Maybe all these new people can post entries too.

"The Big 3" 4 Brawl

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Okay, to try and ease the tension, here is a little something I whipped up. It's a little sloppy around the bomb area of the non-screenshot Bomberman, but I didn't realize it till too late, but here it is.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
They should make a Bomberman 64-esque game for the wii (complete with costume pieces)

And the last costume you made, would be used in Brawl for the default. As impossible as it is, that would be AWESOME.

RDK

Smash Hero
Lol......nice job, Chaos. It could use some cleaning up, seeing as how the screenshot renders don't even match, and the sex-kicking one in the top-right photo is the 2D cover art from Bomberman Jetters (>_<), but for a 5 minute job, it's pretty cool.

Since we all pretty much agree on what the stage should be (Pyramid 2.0 kicks major ***), here's my ideas for the items / assist trophies. BTW, Del gets the credit for coming up with Louie the Kagaroo as an AT. I don't know why I didn't think of it first.

Skull (Item)

The skull item allows characters to pick it up and throw it at an enemy, which randomly gives the opponent one of several different status ailments: Bombarrhea (the character afflicted rapidly spews out bombs from his / her person for a limited amount of time, damaging himself / herself and the players around him / her). Disable (the character afflicted is unable to use any attacks besides the A moves for a short period of time). Dizziness (the character afflicted has it's control stick direction reversed, I.E. if the player pushes forward on the control stick, he / she will move back, etc.).

Chaos Hazard (Item)

The Chaos Hazard item affects the entire stage in one of several ways: Teleport (at random intervals, all players on screen will shuffle positions without warning). Stun (at random intervals, random players will be rendered stunned for just a few seconds, just as if their shield was broken). Tornado (a giant tornado will appear on the stage and cause havoc to brawling players).

Power Glove (AT)

When used, the big blue Power Glove appears, tossing large pumped up bombs onto the stage at random, causing damage to enemy players. One of the 5 bombs thrown will be an Atomic Bomb.

Louie the Kangaroo (AT)

When used, Louie the Kangaroo will target 1 unlucky enemy player and use his rapid kicking attack combos to rack up the damage.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Thanks guys. Yeah, itr hard to find Bomberman 3-D renders. Let alone all the same color. I didn't feel like changin the colors or shadowing to give the 3-D effect, so you guys are gonna have to settle with that.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
I like the Chaos Hazard RDK!
How about a flood or something too? That might be hard to do but maybe Water just pours on the stage and it knocks you over and you slide off. Not like a river or anything...just a thin layer along the ground and some major rain distraction?

JGTC

Smash Cadet
Any thoughts on a boss character for him?
I keep thinking Bulzeeb/Regulus but that might be too cliche.

RDK

Smash Hero
Definetely Altair as his boss battle. Regulus is considered more of Bomberman's rival than an actual boss. He even teams up with Bomberman in Second Attack.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
Definetely Altair as his boss battle. Regulus is considered more of Bomberman's rival than an actual boss. He even teams up with Bomberman in Second Attack.
are you serious? he was only in one game.

regulus would definitely be better. he has appeared in multiple games, and as a rival, would be perfect for a tense boss battle with a story behind it.

RDK

Smash Hero
are you serious? he was only in one game.

regulus would definitely be better. he has appeared in multiple games, and as a rival, would be perfect for a tense boss battle with a story behind it.
I guess so. I just have a hard time imagining Regulus as a full-blown boss.

Altair as his boss would be cool and would have more possibilities, because he can fuse with that machine from B64 to become Shin-Altair.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I can tell that I haven't beaten enough Bomberman games to recognize a lot of what's being tossed around here. Le sad x_x

I tried to get through Bomberman 64 in a rental, but I either REALLY sucked back then or the game is harder than I would have expected. I think the SNES ones kicked my *** too...I must emulate them so I won't be so lost..

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
i really wouldnt be suprised if bomberman made it in that a boss for him would be mujoe. almost all of his recent games (all GC ones, that i know of) feature him as the main boss. plus, he was in the anime. neither bulzeeb or altair were there. IMO altair would only get in if they only wanted to rep bomberman 64, most likely being released on the VC.

Smash Ace
I ain't sure. All I know is that accoridng to Smash Bros. MOJO, bomberman is already in.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Then so is Chuck Norris.

I need to write a theme song for BM to the tune of the Spider-Man theme...curse you, Simpsons movie!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
and Bill Cosby.

I've been playing Bomberman on PJ64 and SNES emulator. Just playing them makes me wish Bomberman is in Brawl even more.

Glad to see this thread is getting slightly more attention. Have there been any stage suggestions on this thread? Can anyone repost them, or point me in their direction?

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
I've always wanted Bomberman in Brawl, but after seeing those costumes I've determined that I also want Bomberman in my pants.
Did anyone else notice this?!?!? Im considering siging this.

Lol......nice job, Chaos. It could use some cleaning up, seeing as how the screenshot renders don't even match, and the sex-kicking one in the top-right photo is the 2D cover art from Bomberman Jetters (>_<), but for a 5 minute job, it's pretty cool.

Since we all pretty much agree on what the stage should be (Pyramid 2.0 kicks major ***), here's my ideas for the items / assist trophies. BTW, Del gets the credit for coming up with Louie the Kagaroo as an AT. I don't know why I didn't think of it first.

Skull (Item)

The skull item allows characters to pick it up and throw it at an enemy, which randomly gives the opponent one of several different status ailments: Bombarrhea (the character afflicted rapidly spews out bombs from his / her person for a limited amount of time, damaging himself / herself and the players around him / her). Disable (the character afflicted is unable to use any attacks besides the A moves for a short period of time). Dizziness (the character afflicted has it's control stick direction reversed, I.E. if the player pushes forward on the control stick, he / she will move back, etc.).

Chaos Hazard (Item)

The Chaos Hazard item affects the entire stage in one of several ways: Teleport (at random intervals, all players on screen will shuffle positions without warning). Stun (at random intervals, random players will be rendered stunned for just a few seconds, just as if their shield was broken). Tornado (a giant tornado will appear on the stage and cause havoc to brawling players).

Power Glove (AT)

When used, the big blue Power Glove appears, tossing large pumped up bombs onto the stage at random, causing damage to enemy players. One of the 5 bombs thrown will be an Atomic Bomb.

Louie the Kangaroo (AT)

When used, Louie the Kangaroo will target 1 unlucky enemy player and use his rapid kicking attack combos to rack up the damage.
Im loving it. Really good stuff Red!
However the "Bombarrhea" cant be used for every character, so it would be kinda unfair. Either way the Virus would be a perfect item for Bomberman.
Item: Virus! (Skull from Bomberman 64)
-Fire- user spontaneously combusts and is on fire for around 10 secs. User can touch other players which temporarily lits them afire (5 secs). Does damage overtime to user.
-Big- user becomes larger, heavier, and stronger, but slower and much lower jump.
-Small- user becomes smaller, much higher jumps, and faster, but weaker and more easily knocked away.
-Jammed- user cannot stop moving but its able to change direction and jump. Speed increases over time.
-Reverse- all controller moves are reversed. Up is crouch, Down is jump, B is A, etc.
-Ghost- user cannot receive or use physical attacks. User can now hijack an opponent and semi-control them.
-Stun- User can barely move, but can take slightly more damage.
The my favorite idea is the Chaos Hazzard. I couldnt think of a way to incorparate that. Maybe you could somehow include the Flood (as mentioned b4) or the stage-shrink-thing.

BTW-Wasnt the Kangaroo's name Pommy?

Then so is Chuck Norris.

I need to write a theme song for BM to the tune of the Spider-Man theme...curse you, Simpsons movie!
Hmmm....like this?

"Bomberman, Bomberman, mass destruction across the land.
Makes a bomb, any size.
And he's yours to customize. Oh yeah! Your very own bomberman!
Cross his path, you'll explode, in the brand new adventure mode.
Different levels to explore, on Nintendo 64.
Watch out! It's the new BOMBERMAN!"

Side Note: What happened to Clark, did he just get bored?

~Bomberman 4 Brawl!~

Del Money

Smash Champion
@Sinn
they already did that in the Bomberman 64 commercial on TV back in the day...sorry

@~NGNE~
whoa, whoa, WHOA...when the **** did SWF have a Bomberman avatar?!?!?!!?!??

@DJ Napps
YES...you're a ****ing genious...the name IS Pommy, completely forgot that

IllidR

Smash Champion
DJ Napps said:
Makes a bomb, any size.
Omg! I loved that lil' jingle rip off of Spiderman. Brings me back to the good ol' Bomberman days. Bomberman for brawl!

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
@~N9NE~
whoa, whoa, WHOA...when the **** did SWF have a Bomberman avatar?!?!?!!?!??
I was surprised aswell; it wasn't there when I joined. They must have smartened up and acknowledged the colossal force that is the Bman and decided to address the lack of his greatness.

Hmmm....like this?

Makes a bomb, any size.
You need to release this as a single and storm the charts. I'm going to be singing it when *hopefully* the Bomberman challenger approaching screen comes up.

In reference to my earlier post, have there been any stage ideas for Bman?

Bomberman for Brawl.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
I was surprised aswell; it wasn't there when I joined. They must have smartened up and acknowledged the colossal force that is the Bman and decided to address the lack of his greatness.
It wasnt there when i joined, trust me- i searched several times.

Then i saw it recently and almost changed, but too many people have it, and ive grown fond of my Simpson one. I havent seen anyone else with it yet.

You need to release this as a single and storm the charts. I'm going to be singing it when *hopefully* the Bomberman challenger approaching screen comes up.

In reference to my earlier post, have there been any stage ideas for Bman?

Bomberman for Brawl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjqq3qilJ1w

And as for your stage question, i think there around 6-8 pages back (rough estimate).
Some ideas were the Pyramid Stage and the Up & Down Stage from Bman 64.

JGTC

Smash Cadet
I'd like to see the typical 4 player Bomberman battle stage updated and used. You know, blow-uppable bricks, labyrinth style, good times.

Top Bottom