• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman for SSBB?

parvus

Smash Apprentice
i was wondering... do you think bomberman would make a great character in SSBB, coz besides from chucking bombs, wat else does he hav?

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
I reckon Bomberman would make a great character, chucking bombs and stuff. However his obscurity makes him an unlikely choice...
I would really like to see him in SSBB but that's just me.

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
Any appearance of Bomberman whether he is in a minigame or is a charater would be great for me.

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
Well how about Snake? In my opinion Snake isn't cool enough? Therefore he shouldn't be in the game.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
Bomberman is classic and Hudson do have close relations with Nintendo, I'd kill for his cute form to be playable and he fits far more than Snake. Only thing is he'd probably quite the suicidal character o_o

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
And it should be noted that Bomberman is one of the few 3rd Party characters to ever appear in a game that starred a first-party Nintendo character. Remember Wario Blast?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Bomberman would definently work. He's already appeared on that SSB clone Dreammix TV World Fighters game, the basic concept could easily be imported. Keep in mind that Bomberman is so far, to my knowledge, the first and only third party character (I don't think Culex counts) to be crossed-over in a Nintendo game - Wario Blast!

RAMRAM

Smash Apprentice
Bomberman has been in Nintendo games even longer than Snake and some other characters, so I think he would make an ample addition to the SSB squad.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
It'd be great to see Bomberman in SSBB. Hudson is tight with Nintendo. Wario Blast being an example, and Hudson makes the Mario Party games.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Bomberman should be in Brawl and he should have another adventure game all to his own. And not like the last one that came out for GC. That one sucked.

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
primusfan said:
Bomberman should be in Brawl and he should have another adventure game all to his own. And not like the last one that came out for GC. That one sucked.
I FULLY AGREE WITH YOU! :)
And that's strange...Bomberman seems quite popular...Unlike the other threads about other characters...But I suppose he's cool...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Hopefully we'll more Bomberman games like the ones made for the SNES and the N64 (with exception to Hero...). Those were Bomberman's glory years... It's unfortunately been downhill in recent years, XBOX 360's Act Zero being the all-time low...
At any rate, including Bomberman would go perfectly hand in hand with's Hudson's extensive Wii support.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Id love to see Bomberman as a playable character. Bombs... all the bombs... the Shadow bomb from B64 2: TSA.... the red bombs from B64... omg... the insanity..

PZX2DN4F

Smash Apprentice
Exodecai101 said:
I support Bomberman for SBB:B, Bombs, Bombs everywhere, Wario vs Bomberman all over again :p
Wario vs Bomberman was a great game, but Wario>Bomberman. Still, i would like to see Bomberman in the game because he is a classic old-school character.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Lord_Deathborne said:
Hopefully we'll more Bomberman games like the ones made for the SNES and the N64 (with exception to Hero...). Those were Bomberman's glory years... It's unfortunately been downhill in recent years, XBOX 360's Act Zero being the all-time low...
At any rate, including Bomberman would go perfectly hand in hand with's Hudson's extensive Wii support.
EXCLUDING HERO?!?!? I freakin loved that game.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Hudson's very tight with Nintendo. They are entrusted with Nintendo's golden cash cow that lays golden eggs and produces golden milk (as far as profits go), Mario Party.
Wario Blast puts him pretty high. But, really, it was Wario appearing in a Bomberman game. Nintendo felt Bomberman for Game Boy wouldn't do well enough by itself, so they slapped their man on it.

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
Link's bombs are pathetic...If bomberman was in SSBB he's bomb's will be heaps better...
They really should make a new Bomberman game for Wii. He's soo coool.....

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
Bomberman just has so many types of bombs.
Some wait for some time to blow up. Some blow up upon impact.
Some could explode and KO, others could continuously damage.
He could kick them, throw them, hop on them...
Not to mention all of the different elements. Fire, Ice, Electric, Magma, Wind, Shadow, Light.

He'd be throwing a ton of projectiles, but it would be so fun to use him. Theres so much you could do with all of those bombs.

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
_the_sandman_ said:
Bomberman just has so many types of bombs.
Some wait for some time to blow up. Some blow up upon impact.
Some could explode and KO, others could continuously damage.
He could kick them, throw them, hop on them...
Not to mention all of the different elements. Fire, Ice, Electric, Magma, Wind, Shadow, Light.

He'd be throwing a ton of projectiles, but it would be so fun to use him. Theres so much you could do with all of those bombs.
I agree. remember those hyped up red bombs in Bomber man N64. God that would be soo cool if that was his smash attack...

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lord_Deathborne said:
Bomberman would definently work. He's already appeared on that SSB clone Dreammix TV World Fighters game, the basic concept could easily be imported. Keep in mind that Bomberman is so far, to my knowledge, the first and only third party character (I don't think Culex counts) to be crossed-over in a Nintendo game - Wario Blast!
Pac-man, Mario Kart Arcade (The screenshot was posted somewhere around here)

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I mean that Pacman, a namco character, was playable in a Mario Kart game in the Arcades. Mario Kart Grand Prix or something. The screenshot was posted in the Pacman support thread.

parvus

Smash Apprentice
ah k... bomberman would make a really good character. i mean, im sure the producers can giv him some sort of melee attack, like wat they did with Cap. Falcon

Top Bottom