• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman for SSBB?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Bomberman would have some great moves

B - throws a bomb
B ^ - throws a bomb
B > - throws a bomb
B V - throws a bomb

A - throws a bomb
AA - throws a bomb
AAA -throws a bomb

Taunt - throws a bomb
Kirbt hat - a bomb!

Trophy 1 - throws a bomb
Trophy 2 - throws a bomb
Trophy 3 - throws a bomb

WOW! He has a great moveset and stuff...

parvus

Smash Apprentice
um well the producers gave a completely new moveset to Captain Falcon (who doesnt actually fight! ) so y cant they make new moves for bomberman?

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
Yeh howabout Marth and Roy?
SWORD SWORD SWORD SWORD SWORD! Oh I forgot! SWORD!

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
I suppose having all bombs is not that bad...
But seriously not all his moves will have bombs and stuff. THe use of Karaboms would be interesting...

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
parvus said:
well if they made Mr Game and Watch, y cant they spice up bomberman's moves a bit
True...
Besides there are many moves he could have besides normal black coloured bombs...ummm...summoning karaboms? Howabout mines/traps? remote bombs? Bouncing ones?

Shark X

Smash Lord
Bombermans Down B would obviously be Bomb Kick. Maybe he can just drop the bomb with Down B, then B again to kick it.

B would either be tossing a Bomb, or Pumping up a big Bomb.

Side B would probably be what B isn't.

No clue what his Recovery could be. I can imagine him blowing himself up with a bomb to blow him back up, but I don't see how it could be used as an attack. Unless it's like Luigi's Side B, only upwards.

Bomberman would be just as great an addition as Mega Man.

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
B across could be like a an explosive punch or something like that

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...about his recovery move....perhaps he uses a bomb to blast his way up or perhaps does something like screw attack...

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Shark X said:
Man you don't know anything about Bomberman. And there's no way MegaMan is worse, as neither one of them is bad.
Megaman is stupid i have seen the anime and played a game he is stupid I have played wario blast and all I can see is that Bomberman is a regular man who throws bombs wow so original!

The Other Wind

Smash Apprentice
Bomberman is definitely cool. Would love to see him in brawl. They could set a specialty event for wario and him to decide the superior *** kicker once and for all. That would be amazing.

Moveset:

Tap A - Snap - Bomberman snaps his finger...thing and unleashes a small spark.
AA - Crackle- another snap results in a shower of weak sparks that stun the opponent briefly (the sparks would extend about as far as peach's neutral a and have a similar effect)
AAA - Pop - the final snap produces a small, circular explosion which sends bomberman and his opponent weakly sliding in opposite directions.

Dash Attack - Deceptive Push - a weird pushing attack that only hurts the opponent slightly, yet has surprisingly good set knockback.

Forward Tilt - Bomb Kick - a decent ranged kick that can be used normally, to direct bomberman's bombs, send bobombs flying without harm, or to return projectiles to their owner
Up Tilt - Burn - a lit bomb is raised over bomberman's head, burning them with the flame, sending the opponent upward with decent knockback. Can be used to juggle under certain circumstances.
Down Tilt - Fuse Whip - the opponent is lashed with a lit fuse that extends away from bomberman with decent range. Can hit well below ledges if angled properly.

Up Smash - Super Power Glove - Bomberman flings a powerful bomb above him that explodes quickly.
Down Smash - Suicide bomb- Bomberman throws a bomb directly beneath him, popping him up into the air and creating a rather flat shockwave that hits on either side of him with good range.
Forward Smash - Boxing Glove - an explosive punch. Powerful, but too slow to hit with generally. It can, however, destroy parts of some stages that seem indestructable.

Neutral A - Flame Tackle - Bomberman dives into the opponent while covered in fire.
Up Aerial - Metal head - Bomberman jumps and bonks the opponent with the top of his head, making a funny hollow tin can sound.
Down Aerial - Clog Dance - Bomberman wears clogs, slowly yet painfully stomping on the opponent's head in a meteor aerial similar to kirby's. It is stronger, though.
Forward Aerial - Whooping - Bomberman swings his trusty belt that holds up his nonexistent pants to spank and basically humiliate his foes. Very good range on the attack, but lacks power.

Grab Range- Average to bad.
Grab + A - A few headbutts with his metal skull for a bit of damage.
Up Throw - Bomberman lights his opponent like a rocket and they shoot off a pretty good distance vertically.
Forward throw - opponent is balled up and kicked away like a bomb.
Down Throw - opponent is thrown down into a bomb and popped slightly into the air by the explosion.
Back throw - a simple backwards judo throw. bomberman's decieving strength gives it good knockback.

B - Bomb - Bomberman unleashes a regular bomb. It can be placed on the ground to be kicked or punched, or can be carried and thrown. The strength of the bomb depends on low long the B button is held. Strong bombs have KO power, but they are just as likely to KO bomberman if not used carefully.

Forward B - Line Bomb -Horizontally shoots out three weak, slow falling bombs that can be used as stepping stones to return to the stage before they detonate. The opponent can use them as well. Bomberman can use multiple aerial Forward Bs and still use his...
Up B - Remote Control bomb - Behaves like ness' up B in that you direct a bomb with the joystick which must be carefully aimed to make it back alive. The upside is that it goes a further.
Down B - Mine - an invisible mine is placed on the arena. Only three can be in play at a time. Otherwise, bomberman drops mines that explode once they hit the ground or a target.

Bomberman is a middleweight character with a slow run and can not wall jump.

Special - Fire Suit- Bomberman glows with a red aura and is able to drop bombs at a very rapid rate while remaining invincible to any that explode around him.

Keta

Smash Journeyman
I've been a fan of Bomberman for quite awhile, and would love to see him in Brawl. Liked the move set alot, would definitely be alot of fun playing him. Hopefully along with the moveset post Xianfeng will stop making stupid pointless posts about how he haves no moves. -.-

P.S. - Megaman would make a great Samus type character, along with Zero being a great character, like a combination of Link and Samus imo.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
In response to The Other Wind's extensive moveset, I have created possible sprites for each move:

As you can see, all his movesets involve screaming for his life while being raided by Pacman.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Keta said:
Hopefully along with the moveset post Xianfeng will stop making stupid pointless posts about how he haves no moves. -.-
He already admitted he never played a Bomberman game, so he pretty much admits he doesn't know jack about Bomberman.

nomis said:
What about Bomberman's foes and stuff?

Bosses, etc...

They would be good additions.
Regulus, best choice as he's the most liked villain, as well as the only one whose still alive.

Bomberman already has good costumes. The classic Bomberman games always had a White, Black, Red, and Blue Bomberman, so there's Bomermans colors right there.

Baron_54

Smash Apprentice
xianfeng said:
Megaman is stupid i have seen the anime and played a game he is stupid I have played wario blast and all I can see is that Bomberman is a regular man who throws bombs wow so original!
Waluigi is a regular man that does nothing whatsoever. Diddy kong is a regular monkey that does nothing whatsoever. You are a regular man with the ability to hate bomberman and megaman for no reason. How original!

NOW STOP THE HATING

Also, I propose the skulls/poison/drugs from the bomberman multiplayer as items. Yay!
And don't forget gold bomberman!
Other Wind, maybe you could put that in the transalte to japanese thing?

Nomis, HAHA WTF

SnakemanZero

Smash Rookie
Bomberman was alwas the character I wished would show up in smash bros one day. Its true that HudsonSoft has great relationships with Ninty, what with them incharge of the Mario Party series, as well as the Wario-Bomberman crossover game in the past, and not to mention the fact that Turbographix games will be on the Wii's virtual console. I say bomberman has just as much chance as Sonic and Megaman do.

I would love it if they used his Bomberman Jetterz design (Shirobom is a great character) from the anime. Bomberman has plenty of elemental bombs that he could use, as well as karaboms at his disposal. Hes recovery could be exploding a tornado bomb under him that could fly him up. His smash attacks could all be physical punches and stuff like that but with an explosive effect and high knockback (but with bad lag and range perhaps). I think he would be a great character seeing as he is a video game mascot and legend himself.

Shirobom could be a trap centered character, seeing how in his game you would trap monsters between a bomb and a hard place. If they were to add another character from bomberman alongside shirobom (if they add shirobom), then they should add Max or PlasmaBomber. Just throwing my 2 cents out there.

P.S.- Bomberman isn't just a normal guy that throws bombs. He's a Bomberman from Planet Bomber, get it right :p

*Edit* The Bomberman Virus would be a great item for smash bros in the vein of the poison mushroom. It would cause terrible things to happen to your character, but you could spread it to other people. Heh, I like that.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Bomberman has some nice potential. Like how Peach pulls out different turnips, that should go the same with Bomberman's bombs from The 2nd Attack. Not to mention Bomberman 64 was one of the better multiplayer games for the 64... Bomberman would make a pretty good addition.

The Other Wind

Smash Apprentice
nomis said:
In response to The Other Wind's extensive moveset, I have created possible sprites for each move:

As you can see, all his movesets involve screaming for his life while being raided by Pacman.
:laugh: :laugh: :ohwell: :psycho: :laugh:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
haha lol:
^B: bomb blow up on self, no damage, makes you jump up a lot
-->B: throw a chain-hitting, weak bomb, like PK Fire
B: same as link's bomb, but more powerful
vB: a self-destruct-attack. does 10% to self. no knockback to self. 25% damage to opponent, high knockback. high wind-up and -down lag.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
primusfan said:
I barely remember Bomberman 64 but I loved Bomberman Hero.
As far as I can remember, Bomberman Hero is the ONLY game that Bomberman can jump in. Bomberman is also given moves that surpass his moves in all of his other games. Look into it, guys, there's a wealth of movesets that could be developed (other than trowing a bomb, lol)

Bomberman 64 is still the "COOLIEST" ( :laugh: ) game, though. The Bomberman series has really fallen apart since the N64 days :( . WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!?!?!

And:
Baron_54 said:
What abbout those rabbit kangaroo things they used to ride?
Are you talking about the "Pommy?"

jpwalker123

Smash Apprentice
I think that Bomberman would actually be quite good for Brawl. I never even thought of Bomberman. He should be another character they should include because he would actually make sense in it.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
The first and second Bomberman 64 games are two of my all time faves.

As far as moves, Bomberman could make use of his many elemental bombs he's gotten thoughout the years. Also keepin mind, the creative minds behind SSB could give him some excellent moves from the ground up - they need not be limited to the games themselves.

primusfan

Smash Ace
OnYourMark said:
As far as I can remember, Bomberman Hero is the ONLY game that Bomberman can jump in. Bomberman is also given moves that surpass his moves in all of his other games. Look into it, guys, there's a wealth of movesets that could be developed (other than trowing a bomb, lol)

Bomberman 64 is still the "COOLIEST" ( :laugh: ) game, though. The Bomberman series has really fallen apart since the N64 days :( . WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!?!?!

And:
Are you talking about the "Pommy?"
I like the ability for Bomberman to jump in Hero. I repeat...I vaguely remember Bomberman 64. And lastly, you are right about the series falling apart. Maybe if he's in Brawl, that could spark a comeback!! :joyful:

parvus

Smash Apprentice
exactly! also in some games, he can use his bombs to jump on, thus making a temporary step-like structure. that can b used easily!

Top Bottom