• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman for SSBB?

Eric the Lone

Smash Journeyman
primusfan said:
You wanna see how different he looks? It's like taking Luigi and turning him into Spider-Man. It's a very dramatic change. Go to Gamespot.com, go to the XBOX 360 section and type in Bomberman at the top. Go down the list and look for the XBOX 360 game. When I saw him, I didn't even know it was Bomberman. Click on the link to see a pic of the games case.
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5369/11410493582vq.jpg

LOL bomberman is samus now. You can thank XBox's "hardcore" halo-playing clientele for that makeover.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Just cause halo has like what 150 fans doesnt mean u can remake bomberman into a halo wannabe, bill gates, ur on my list, right below bush!

saberhof

Smash Master
Stryks said:
Just cause halo has like what 150 fans doesnt mean u can remake bomberman into a halo wannabe, bill gates, ur on my list, right below bush!
HAHAHAHA!......lol bush...

And if it is bomber man that realy sucks....

primusfan

Smash Ace
That is Bomberman cause if you look at gameplay screen shots, its the exact same idea as the old bomberman games except now it looks like a horrible mix of Halo and Metroid.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Everyone needs to boycott the game and not buy it. THEN, when they're wondering how in the hell the game did so horrendously bad, we hit 'em with messages why. Then they will be at a lose and will drown in turmoil over how "they killed Bomberman. You Bast*rds!"

SYC!

Smash Apprentice
Actually the thing that makes me most upset about Bomberman being all dark and gritty is because its Konamis fault... I didnt even know Konami would do anything with Bomberman, let alone turn him into a ******** Mech/Samus/Spartan thing. But I dont think all is lost because there is supposed to be a Bomberman game for Wii, I think. What I am wondering the most is what kind of crazy concotion of a story they can come with to explain this graphical atrocity.

But On topic : B-man for SSBB = eh,... pretty good. I have always liked him, so if he is in the game I will support it.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
SYC! said:
Actually the thing that makes me most upset about Bomberman being all dark and gritty is because its Konamis fault... I didnt even know Konami would do anything with Bomberman, let alone turn him into a ******** Mech/Samus/Spartan thing. But I dont think all is lost because there is supposed to be a Bomberman game for Wii, I think. What I am wondering the most is what kind of crazy concotion of a story they can come with to explain this graphical atrocity.

But On topic : B-man for SSBB = eh,... pretty good. I have always liked him, so if he is in the game I will support it.
Konami owns Hudson, so they can do what they want with the properties now :ohwell:

But on the original Bomberman boxart in the US, that IS how he looked.

Though, for that matter, Mega Man looked like a dude wearing Tron armor with a pistol :laugh:

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I dont think bomberman would be that great of a character for brawl. I could be wrong though. His game just seems to slow paced to transfer him to the fast paced brawl.

Rebel

Smash Apprentice
They could change the speed, considering they've changed size and weight-not to mention overall power so characters would be even. So they could change Bomberman. It would be interesting to see how tall they would make him, he is a strange shaped character...

DaPerson

Smash Apprentice
FlipTroopa said:
Here's my idea for a Bomberman moveset...

Bomberman

A: Punch
A, A: Punch, Opposite arm punch
A, A, A: Punch, Opp. Punch, Hard Punch
> A: Big fisted punch
v A: Trip kick
^ A: Uppercut
Smash > A: Bomb Punch (*NOTE: Can be used to punch his own bombs that have been placed, causing them to "hop" forward a space. All his other A attacks will explode his bombs)
Smash ^ A: Headbutt
Smash v A: Hard Kick
Dash A: Headfirst Dive

Air A: Punch
> A: Double Fist
< A: Spinning back kick
^ A: Flipkick
V A: Stomp (*Meteor)

Grab: Reaches out to grab
A: Headbutt
Forward: Attaches a bomb to them and tosses them forwards, like he would a bomb (so a lobbing throw). Weak.
Back: Spins around, attaches a bomb to them, and swings them backwards. Stronger.
Up: Bends forwards, and throws them straight up with a bomb attached. Mid to Weak.
Down: Slams them into the ground and plants a bomb on their chest.

B: Bomb Drop - Bomberman drops a bomb on the ground if he taps B. Each bomb has a 4 second fuse. If Bomberman holds B, the bomb is instead created in his hands, and does not have a lit fuse. He can run with this bomb in his grip, but cannot attack or double jump while he holds it. Pressing A or B makes him lob it in an arch, landing on the ground with its 4 second fuse lit; Smashing A makes him throw it straight forwards, exploding on impact. Forward B goes into his Forward B attack (below). If he holds B like he does to lift the bomb, he can keep holding B longer to pump it up. Pumped up bombs don't slow him down, but he can't jump at all. They can't be thrown quite as far, but have a bigger blast radius. An already dropped bomb cannot be picked up again by anyone, even Bomberman.

> B: Bomber Swing - Bomberman begins swinging his arm while palming a bomb. He can still run and jump while doing so, and holding B builds the spin up to be faster. When he releases, he will throw out a number of bombs in an arch that will explode on contact. He'll toss one, usually the one he's carrying if he's got one, just pressing Forward B. BUT if he swings, he can get 2, 3, 4, 5, and maybe even 6 to go in a full arch around in front of him. Not very powerful explosions, as is the case with his normal bombs, but a good way to clear an area.

^ B: Bomber Copter - From Bomberman Hero, of course. Bomberman sprouts a propellor, sits back, and gets some lift. He starts ascending slowly, but gains altitude faster as you hold B. He will eventually hit a certain "limit" after about the height of the Falcon Dive, and hover from there on in. He can let go of B to descend, increasingly faster until he gets rid of the propellors and falls, but if he does a crazy cycle of B, no B, B, no B, he can last a lot longer hovering than usual, if you don't mind a wavy flight pattern. If he gets max lift and hover with this attack, it should all take about 7/8 seconds before he runs outta juice. Tapping A while he's in fight mode will drop bombs from the sky that blow up on contact.

v B: Bomber Kick - Bomberman drops a bomb in front of him and kicks it forwards for the length of a Falcon Kick. It just slides into place, and doesn't blow up, even if it hits something (knocks it back instead). If he uses this attack in front of an already placed bomb, he'll kick that instead. He can't kick pumped up bombs.

Super Move: Power Bomb - Bomberman suddenly makes a giant red bomb, with a huge P marked on the side. Toss this wherever you want to watch the fur fly! >:D

Notes:
-Out of 5 -- Speed: 3.5, Power: 2 (Bombs range: Reg-3, Pumped-4.5), Weight: 3, Jump: 2.75, Gravity: 3.25
-Bomberman will explode his own bombs if he hits them. However, if you use the Bomber Kick or his Smash Forward A, the Bomb Punch, he's safe to touch them, and will actually even move the bombs out of his way.
-If Bomberman lands on one of his bombs he's set, he will do a low bounce off the top: the Bomb Jump! Pumped Up bombs will give him a greater boost.
-Bomberman can only have 3 set bombs around the stage at any time, meaning you have to wait 4 seconds until you can place another if you place all 3 at once.
-Other Bombermen can kick/punch other Bombermen's bombs
-Sometimes, the best route with Bomberman is to play it safe and just drop bombs in crowds while you stand off in the distance. During 1v1s, it's better to rely on his punches and throws, and leave the bombs for when you know you're safe.

Taunt: Stands up on his tiptoes with the other knee bent, punching out and winking. "Yeah!"

Entrance: Rides in on the Bomber Jet, then climbs out as the cycle zooms off.

Kirby Hat: Kirby gets the Bomberman helmet with (| |) eyes, but keeps his pink face.

Win Poses:
1. Winds up his arm and leaps into the air, punching his fist and cheering
2. Punches, then punches again, and follows with a spinning kick, stopping with his arms folded and his back facing the crowd. He turns his head with a look of "badassery" XD
3. Stands tall, legs apart, and gives a V-sign with both eyes closed (he's smiling!)
Whats rly pathetic is id rather have the jetter's version b-man in ssbb then the x-box version :ohwell: .

Also, on a side note, grats to fliptroopa on his excellent moveset, by far the best one yet.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
xianfeng said:
but bomberman is an odinary person who throws bombs what is so cool about that
DOOOD! LOOK AT YHE SIZE OF SNAKE's HEAD COMPARED TO BOMBER-MAN'S HEAD! DOES HE LOOK LIKE A NORMAl PERSON NOW!

As much as we all want it, we must face the sad thruth that Bombrman won't be a playable chartacter... from the start. After an event match called "Wario Blast!" should reawaken the old gameboy rivalry...

EDIT: I love Bomberman Jetterz, but no anime characters, so Bomberman will probably have his SNES look

SECOND EDIT (Sad, I know): WILL EVERYONE STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT BOMBERMAN BEIGN CHANGED ON THE X-BOX 360. In case you didn't know, the "new" Bomberman look is actiually closer to his original drawings for the Nes version. If anything, Microsoft has revived Bomberman more than Nintendo ever has

THE K

Smash Rookie
Bomberman all the way! hes awesome...or at least more awesome than pichu...or, like metaknight

Wash

Smash Apprentice
I really like the idea of having Bomberman as a new playable character (and I hadn't thought of it). FlipTroopa's moveset was very detailed and pretty good, because it is hard to think of moves for someone who just kinda has...bombs. But great idea nonetheless.

icymatt

Smash Lord
The reason people complain about Act Zero is that after 15+ years of Bomberman looking cartoony, the 'realistic' remake just looks like a case of XTREME-ifying for the ADD generation. And it's not like they're changing the game...it's the exact same system, just more XTREME!!!

And Bomberman has always looked the same in-game, so the NES game boxart is in minority. Is the boxart for the NES game the same in Japan as it is in the US? American box artists tended to..put their own spin on their subjects back then(take a look at Phantasy Star II...ugh.)

But...yeah, Bomberman would be awesome.

charburner6

Smash Apprentice
it would be pimpin if they gave bomberman a staff with fire on each end swingin it around and stuff. then all of his b moves would have to do with bombs

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
icymatt said:
The reason people complain about Act Zero is that after 15+ years of Bomberman looking cartoony, the 'realistic' remake just looks like a case of XTREME-ifying for the ADD generation. And it's not like they're changing the game...it's the exact same system, just more XTREME!!!

And Bomberman has always looked the same in-game, so the NES game boxart is in minority. Is the boxart for the NES game the same in Japan as it is in the US? American box artists tended to..put their own spin on their subjects back then(take a look at Phantasy Star II...ugh.)

But...yeah, Bomberman would be awesome.

I think they may have changed the box art or America, since they do change most of them.

Still, Bomberan Act Zero looks awesome, as well as Bomberman for Brawl

didn't Nintendo themselves make Bomberman Hero on the 64?

RAMRAM

Smash Apprentice
Shark X said:
Yeah, Bomberman 64 so far can't be topped. I wish Hudson would go back to the Bomberman 64 days, and bring Regulas back.
Deffinatly.

They just went totally wrong with the GCN Bomberman(s). Regulus was the man. Seriosly.
Nintendo probably thought he was too cruel for the new ones... :ohwell: :mad: :urg:

Shark X

Smash Lord
Cruel? Regulus is what Sirus led us to believe Sirus was. Regulus is the bad ***, who would help Bomberman stay alive, just so he can continue fighting him.

I mean, Regulus joined Bomberman to kill Sirus, only because Sirus murdered Regulus friend Altar. Not to mention Sirnus hit Regulus hard, so Regulus was looking for payback. But Regulus saved Bombermans life, and decided not to fight him, claiming he'll kill Bomberman some othertime. Yet, why didn't he fight him then and there?

Now, I never played 2nd Attack (plan to download it with the Wii now), but from what I read, Regulus was pratically the same there. Now unless Regulus died in that game, I see no reason for his long absence. What, did MAX replace him?

TAMASHI

Smash Apprentice
I think Bomberman would be awesome for SSBB =D
He would be excellent if the rumor about "destructable terrain" is true...heh

rock_in_reo

Smash Apprentice
tasmania, australia... i think... i hope... i beli
just to answer a q that have been floating around...

those kangaroo things first appeard in Bomberman 3 (japan only i believe) and were called 'Rooeys'.
just check wikipedia or download the Rom of Bomberman 3.

and i really think that if nintendo do decide to put bomberman in SSBB, i reckon they would use the original bomberman, not the one from the recent 'Jetters' game or the X360 one (the one that was swallowed by a spartan with kirby abilitys), because even dedicated fans didn't no the Jetters bomberman and they wouldn't use a bomberman from a microsoft-only game.

btw bomberman ftw!

RAMRAM

Smash Apprentice
Shark X said:
Cruel? Regulus is what Sirus led us to believe Sirus was. Regulus is the bad ***, who would help Bomberman stay alive, just so he can continue fighting him.

I mean, Regulus joined Bomberman to kill Sirus, only because Sirus murdered Regulus friend Altar. Not to mention Sirnus hit Regulus hard, so Regulus was looking for payback. But Regulus saved Bombermans life, and decided not to fight him, claiming he'll kill Bomberman some othertime. Yet, why didn't he fight him then and there?

Now, I never played 2nd Attack (plan to download it with the Wii now), but from what I read, Regulus was pratically the same there. Now unless Regulus died in that game, I see no reason for his long absence. What, did MAX replace him?

I meant 'cruel' as in, he was too much of a bad *** for Nintendo. You know how they went with GCN. Kiddy for the most part.
And no, Regulus didn't die. I don't think they would ever have him perish. Just put on standby.
That's where Max comes in I think. But Max is lame...

LuZr!!@

Smash Cadet
xianfeng said:
A minigame like Wario vs. Bomberman but no playable bomberman only through action replay
im getting sick of people wanting characters in action replay only i mean what? are you afriad to fight him in a match? I mean come on, if their going to be in the game dont give them a stupid role. they might as well be a character if they have moves!

primusfan

Smash Ace
LuZr!!@ said:
im getting sick of people wanting characters in action replay only i mean what? are you afriad to fight him in a match? I mean come on, if their going to be in the game dont give them a stupid role. they might as well be a character if they have moves!
I agree completely. Why should Bomberman be AR only? He's a well-known video game character, He would have a real moveset, Why not be a real character?

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
Bomber Man would be a great character in brawl. I don't see the point having him only in accessable in AR. I doesn't make any sence.Nintendo and Hudon soft have a very close relationship.So u would think that he would be in SSBB.But having him only in AR is pointless and a waste of a character.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
because there is only going to be 1-2 more 3rd party characters Bomberman would be a huge waste, Sonic and Geno should take the 3rd party spots no bomberman what would he do apart from throw bombs.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
What makes Bomberman a huge waste? Lots of people know him, he's popular, he could have a uniqe moveset (don't tell me all he could do is throw bombs, flip already posted a good moveset) and Hudson is close with nintendo.

TAMASHI

Smash Apprentice
I think it's possible he will appear...I wouldn't have anything wrong with it, I liked his games =D And I recommend Flip's moveset, very good indeed

primusfan

Smash Ace
Sonic and Bomberman should be in. What makes Geno so much more better than Bomberman? Bomberman has a full series of games. Correct me if I'm wrong but the only game i've seen Geno in is Super Mario RPG.

And another thing, I'm sick of people saying that all he could do is throw bombs. When Yoshi was first introduced, all he could do was jump on enemies and use his toungue. Some people forget that Bomberman has arms and legs. He can punch and kick and use his head since it's so massive. :laugh:

WhenJigglypuffsAttack

Smash Cadet
I would like to have bomberman in. I think bomberman would make a great addition. Although I can't really think of any attacks except for maybe a bomb attack, I'm sure if nintendo decided to add him they would come up with something really cool.

Top Bottom