• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman for SSBB?

Dustlord

Smash Cadet
I would so love to see Bomberman in SSBB. And hey, wasn't there some kind of Bomberman B-daman cross thing? There was an anime of it in Japan that had Bomber people wearing special belt's that let them shoot stuff. Though I don't think Smash brothers is too keen to follow stuff in anime, I would like to see Bomberman in that belt if he appears in Brawl.

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice
I like Bomberman, but since there's only a few third party characters I'd rather have Sonic and Megaman then Geno, and if they have any more spots for third party characters then Bomberman.

The more think of SSB:B the more third party characters I want.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I would have to say that Bomberman would be a bad choice. His games are good but he doesnt seem like he would be able to do much in brawl.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
xianfeng said:
because there is only going to be 1-2 more 3rd party characters Bomberman would be a huge waste, Sonic and Geno should take the 3rd party spots no bomberman what would he do apart from throw bombs.
First of all, the 1-2 more 3rd party characters is not a definite figure, as Sakurai concluded with "maybe?"
Secondly, the two characters you mentioned are arguably more of a waste, as Sonic has only recently started supporting Nintendo platforms and Geno, despite his cult status, has only been in one game (along with that very breif cameo in M&L:SS). Bomberman, on the otherhand, has been with Nintendo since the beginning, and unlike other Nintendo veterans like Mega Man and eventually Simon Belmont, he never abandoned it in favor of Sony. So if anything, Bomberman deserves a spot more than any other 3rd party character, and having been in 25+ games appearing on a Nintendo platform doesn't hurt either...
The Basement Dweller said:
Bomberman is an ok, but not for Brawl.
The same could have been said about Fox, C. Falcon, the Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, and several others prior to their appearance in SSB64 or SSBM.
zombie7775 said:
I would have to say that Bomberman would be a bad choice. His games are good but he doesnt seem like he would be able to do much in brawl.
You obviously haven't played the N64 Bomberman games...

RAMRAM

Smash Apprentice
Snake beating Sonic to the cut?
Sounds very strange.

Hell, I'm surprised Bomberman wasn't in the other 2 SSB's.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
RAMRAM said:
Hell, I'm surprised Bomberman wasn't in the other 2 SSB's.
3rd party characters weren't getting into the last 2 games, but Bomberman is probably the 3-4 most likely 3rd party character, being beaten by only Sonic, Megaman and maybe Geno.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Just for the record, I don't think Megaman is getting in at all.

Also, why is Bomberman considered 3rd party? He's been in plenty of Nintendo games.

icymatt

Smash Lord
primusfan said:
Also, why is Bomberman considered 3rd party? He's been in plenty of Nintendo games.
The character of Bomberman is owned by Hudson Soft, not Nintendo. He's been in plenty of games that are not on Nintendo consoles.

For the record:
1st party - Owned by Nintendo
2nd Party - Owned by Nintendo and one of the smaller developers that work under them.
3rd party - Owned by a company that produces for all consoles.

primusfan

Smash Ace
No offense, Bomberman Generation (if i'm thinking of the right one) was a horrible game. The best games were Bomberman 64 and Bomberman Hero.

icymatt

Smash Lord
I'm of the opposite opinion -Bomberman Generation is awesome(Coin Battle is a guaranteed good time for hours), and Bomberman Hero is pretty mediocre(it doesn't have a multiplayer mode? WHAT?). The best game in the series is one I've never played, Saturn Bomberman(It supported 10 players.).

primusfan

Smash Ace
One of the best games i've ever played is Atomic Bomberman (I know no ones heard of it). It was awesome; your typical multiplayer "kill your opponent first" Bomberman. I havent played in a long time cause I can't get it to run on my new computer.

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
Bomberman is great! Only problem is that there are many other characters who would get in before him, as he is not Nintendo-owned.
Possible, but improbable.

TGun

Smash Cadet
Hello all. I think Bomberman deserves his right to be in SSBB and is one of my fav. Charc of all time so I decided to make the B moves for him:
>B Throws an "Ice Bomb" at target and freezes the charc for 4 sec while frozen charc can take damage but cannot be KO'ed and barely moves him
<BThrows an "Ice Bomb" at target and freezes the charc for 4 sec while frozen charc can take damage but cannot be KO'ed and barely moves him
^B "Wind Bomb" Throws up or diagonal. Creates a "whirlwind" radius 4yards and if player gets caught in it damages 6% every sec lasts 5 seconds.
V B "Fire Bomb" A bomb thrown at ground makes a fiery line for 5 yards damages 8% lasts 3 sec does not knock target but slowly adds percentage.
B Holds "normal bomb" likes links on top of hands throws 6 yards and has a 3 yard radial explosion ( note lasts 5 secs in hands cannot throw other bombs whiles holding)

BRAWL MOVE Does his Taunt (winks gives thumbs up) and a bomb slightly bigger than snorlax in SSBM falls onto level with a array of explosions.

NOTE: All the moves were taken from Bomberman 64 (I think the best bomberman out there)
Enjoy!

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
I like the ideas for his moves and they make me want Bomberman in Brawl even more, but since he is third party, I think he is behind Sonic, Megaman, and Viewtiful Joe in likelihood, just to name a few

icymatt

Smash Lord
I think Bomberman is behind them in popularity, maybe. But likelyhood? Hudson is just as likely to want their character in Brawl as Sega or Capcom.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I like the ideas for his moves and they make me want Bomberman in Brawl even more, but since he is third party, I think he is behind Sonic, Megaman, and Viewtiful Joe in likelihood, just to name a few
Viewtiful Joe? Seriously? I thought the only characters he was behind in likelyhood were Sonic, Megaman and Geno.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
As far as the best Bomberman game, for me it's a very close tie between Bomberman 64 and Bomberman 64: The Second Attack. The Super Bomberman games and Bomberman Online for the Dreamcast were also superb.

Exenwyr

Smash Apprentice
bomberman 64 is one of my favorite puzzle/adventure games. i spent countless hours getting all the different outfits for vs mode (dragon armor ftw!) and i could easily see him as fitting into SSBB

B: pumped bomb (the longer you charge it, the bigger the blast)
b->: bomb kick (maybe make them random elements, like G&W's hammer)
b^: bomb hop (drops a bomb directly below him, then bounces on top of it a la 64)
bv: remote bomb (like remote mines except it can be picked up and thrown. bv again to detonate)

his a attacks could be your normal punches, kicks, etc.

and best of all, his costumes could be the different n64 ones ;D

Rabiteman

Smash Cadet
A little over here, a little over there, and maybe
Grrph, Exenwyr, you stole my ^B idea! But also, the bomb could fall for a second then explode, a little like samus' vB

Special move- He'd jump up into the air, pull out one of the nuke bombs (those red ones in Bomberman 64), pump it up, then throw it at the ground with a Bomberman Hup!, and the screen would be filled with that blue explosion we all know means death! Yay!

A smash-> could be that Bomberman pulls out Pommy and smashes the opponent with him, that would be particularly fun to watch, hehe!

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
Well I guess Hudson does have as good a chance as any with that new Bonk title for Wii, but I still would say that Sonic and Megaman and Geno are more popular and fit better.
I guess I was wrong about Viewtiful Joe, he just seems like he would fit into Smash Bros. better.

RAMRAM

Smash Apprentice
Grrph, Exenwyr, you stole my ^B idea! But also, the bomb could fall for a second then explode, a little like samus' vB

Special move- He'd jump up into the air, pull out one of the nuke bombs (those red ones in Bomberman 64), pump it up, then throw it at the ground with a Bomberman Hup!, and the screen would be filled with that blue explosion we all know means death! Yay!

A smash-> could be that Bomberman pulls out Pommy and smashes the opponent with him, that would be particularly fun to watch, hehe!

If they didn't add that little "hup" sound with B-Man, I just don't know what I would do.
"Hup" should be copyrighted by Hudson! Haha, no. We don't need another Paris Hilton or Donald Trump moment.

TGun

Smash Cadet
Im working on a NES Sig. like mach and mine ill finish in like 3 hours.

Rabiteman

Smash Cadet
A little over here, a little over there, and maybe
A little off topic, but...I was recently checking out Bomberman 64 again, and realized that he could have some really cool levels. My thoughts were on White Glacier and Red Mountain, A side-scrolling level at Blue Resort would be really cool too...

B-moves:

B-Throw bomb (throw a regular bomb, or hold B to make it a big one that would explode after a bit, pick uppable when small bomb)
B^-Bomb jump (Bomberman pulls out a bomb and jumps off of it, the bomb falls a bit then explodes with medium damage, if Bomberman hits someone it'll be only a little damage)
B>-Random Bomb Element Throw (throws out a random element bomb, like B64: TSA)
Bv Bomb kick (he kicks a bomb)

Sort of a mix

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Thank You for that link. BTW, who's the Easter Island Head / Tiki head?
Maoi statue from Gradius. They pop up as enemies/obstacles ALL THE TIME. It's one of the running... gags? Eh. They're like Gradius' Goombas. Actually, one was a racer in Konami Krazy Racers repping Gradius as well :p

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Maoi statue from Gradius. They pop up as enemies/obstacles ALL THE TIME. It's one of the running... gags? Eh. They're like Gradius' Goombas. Actually, one was a racer in Konami Krazy Racers repping Gradius as well :p
Figures its from one of the series I never got into :ohwell: Still looks cool.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
How'd this become a Maoi discussion? Sure he (or it...) was also in DreamMix TV World Fighters, but let's get back on topic...

BTW, Bonk was in Saturn Bomberman??? Man, I miss the Saturn... (and SEGA in general...)

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
What about the black Bomberman? That one was sort of Bomerman's counterpart in several games before Max showed up. Speaking of which, I'd love to see Max or Regulus (also called Bulzeeb) in SSBB. Not gonna happen, but I can dream...

Top Bottom