• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman for SSBB?

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
Although I hated BM64. I think he should be in the game. Possibilities are endless for a move set

A. punch
Hold A: Headbutt
Up A: Uppercut
Down A: Sweep
B: Bomb
Up B: Throws bomb up into the air a does a flip kick
Down B: Bomb soccer kick sending it across the field.
Jump attack. ?

Super: Pulls out a huge bomb jumps into the air and throws it down which engulfs the whole stage affecting anyone who isn't in the air.

Scuba Man Sam

Smash Cadet
sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss... ....BOOM!!!!!

Who wouldn't like to play as the worlds favorite Arsonist.:psycho:

Quote of doom: Hi floor, make me a sandwitch.

GAMERCUS

Smash Cadet
Here's my idea for a Bomberman moveset...

Bomberman

A: Punch
A, A: Punch, Opposite arm punch
A, A, A: Punch, Opp. Punch, Hard Punch
> A: Big fisted punch
v A: Trip kick
^ A: Uppercut
Smash > A: Bomb Punch (*NOTE: Can be used to punch his own bombs that have been placed, causing them to "hop" forward a space. All his other A attacks will explode his bombs)
Smash ^ A: Headbutt
Smash v A: Hard Kick
Dash A: Headfirst Dive

Air A: Punch
> A: Double Fist
< A: Spinning back kick
^ A: Flipkick
V A: Stomp (*Meteor)

Grab: Reaches out to grab
A: Headbutt
Forward: Attaches a bomb to them and tosses them forwards, like he would a bomb (so a lobbing throw). Weak.
Back: Spins around, attaches a bomb to them, and swings them backwards. Stronger.
Up: Bends forwards, and throws them straight up with a bomb attached. Mid to Weak.
Down: Slams them into the ground and plants a bomb on their chest.

B: Bomb Drop - Bomberman drops a bomb on the ground if he taps B. Each bomb has a 4 second fuse. If Bomberman holds B, the bomb is instead created in his hands, and does not have a lit fuse. He can run with this bomb in his grip, but cannot attack or double jump while he holds it. Pressing A or B makes him lob it in an arch, landing on the ground with its 4 second fuse lit; Smashing A makes him throw it straight forwards, exploding on impact. Forward B goes into his Forward B attack (below). If he holds B like he does to lift the bomb, he can keep holding B longer to pump it up. Pumped up bombs don't slow him down, but he can't jump at all. They can't be thrown quite as far, but have a bigger blast radius. An already dropped bomb cannot be picked up again by anyone, even Bomberman.

> B: Bomber Swing - Bomberman begins swinging his arm while palming a bomb. He can still run and jump while doing so, and holding B builds the spin up to be faster. When he releases, he will throw out a number of bombs in an arch that will explode on contact. He'll toss one, usually the one he's carrying if he's got one, just pressing Forward B. BUT if he swings, he can get 2, 3, 4, 5, and maybe even 6 to go in a full arch around in front of him. Not very powerful explosions, as is the case with his normal bombs, but a good way to clear an area.

^ B: Bomber Copter - From Bomberman Hero, of course. Bomberman sprouts a propellor, sits back, and gets some lift. He starts ascending slowly, but gains altitude faster as you hold B. He will eventually hit a certain "limit" after about the height of the Falcon Dive, and hover from there on in. He can let go of B to descend, increasingly faster until he gets rid of the propellors and falls, but if he does a crazy cycle of B, no B, B, no B, he can last a lot longer hovering than usual, if you don't mind a wavy flight pattern. If he gets max lift and hover with this attack, it should all take about 7/8 seconds before he runs outta juice. Tapping A while he's in fight mode will drop bombs from the sky that blow up on contact.

v B: Bomber Kick - Bomberman drops a bomb in front of him and kicks it forwards for the length of a Falcon Kick. It just slides into place, and doesn't blow up, even if it hits something (knocks it back instead). If he uses this attack in front of an already placed bomb, he'll kick that instead. He can't kick pumped up bombs.

Super Move: Power Bomb - Bomberman suddenly makes a giant red bomb, with a huge P marked on the side. Toss this wherever you want to watch the fur fly! >:D

Notes:
-Out of 5 -- Speed: 3.5, Power: 2 (Bombs range: Reg-3, Pumped-4.5), Weight: 3, Jump: 2.75, Gravity: 3.25
-Bomberman will explode his own bombs if he hits them. However, if you use the Bomber Kick or his Smash Forward A, the Bomb Punch, he's safe to touch them, and will actually even move the bombs out of his way.
-If Bomberman lands on one of his bombs he's set, he will do a low bounce off the top: the Bomb Jump! Pumped Up bombs will give him a greater boost.
-Bomberman can only have 3 set bombs around the stage at any time, meaning you have to wait 4 seconds until you can place another if you place all 3 at once.
-Other Bombermen can kick/punch other Bombermen's bombs
-Sometimes, the best route with Bomberman is to play it safe and just drop bombs in crowds while you stand off in the distance. During 1v1s, it's better to rely on his punches and throws, and leave the bombs for when you know you're safe.

Taunt: Stands up on his tiptoes with the other knee bent, punching out and winking. "Yeah!"

Entrance: Rides in on the Bomber Jet, then climbs out as the cycle zooms off.

Kirby Hat: Kirby gets the Bomberman helmet with (| |) eyes, but keeps his pink face.

Win Poses:
1. Winds up his arm and leaps into the air, punching his fist and cheering
2. Punches, then punches again, and follows with a spinning kick, stopping with his arms folded and his back facing the crowd. He turns his head with a look of "badassery" XD
3. Stands tall, legs apart, and gives a V-sign with both eyes closed (he's smiling!)
How about this for some of Bomberman's B attacks

B- Super Revenge: Bomberman will stand in a funny stance and if you hit him, he can control you for 3 seconds while Bomberman himself is left wide open for an attack. If you Smash him while he is in Super Revenge, he can control you for 6 seconds when he returns. (Super Revenge is a mode for Bomberman on the DS.)

Forward B- Bomb Toss Frenzy: Bomberman dashes foward a bit while throwing 4 through six weak bombs. Weak like Links, but more accurate and not floaty. (Hold to throw more bombs)

Down B- Random Bomb Drop: Bomberman will drop a random Bomb (Ice bomb, Posion Bomb, Charged Bomb (all above have a 30% chance of happening, Normal Bomb, Lighting Bomb (both has a 20% chace of happening), Weak Bomb (does 1% damage, 20% chance of happening), Power Bomb (does 100% damage, 10% chance of happening)
*Note* After place the bomb on the ground, he can pick it up the A button or move away from it run foward it to kick it. (He should be the only character who can kick bombs by walking toward it)

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
I perfer to pretend that the microsoft version of Bomberman never existed.

Anyway we definitly need Bomberman for Brawl. He has explosives, is cool, had plenty of games on all of nintendo systems, and umm...explosives. Plus he has interacted with nintendo characters in the past at least once. The game was called Wario Blast I think, and it had both Wario and Bomberman facing off against one another.

Stryks

Smash Hero
lol, I like bomberman dont get me wrong, my fav. game boy game was bomberman vs wario, still i stil lgotta go with sonic and megaman, but ill make a bomberman for brawl sig one of these days XD...

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I love how the black alt. costume makes him look like a ninja.

Hey yeah, I remember that game WarioBlast for the old Game Boy. It'd be awesome to see those 2 go at it once again in the new gerneration. His past games were fun, and he's been around long enough to be considered another icon for the Smash Bros. roster. Plus he has bombs. That's all there is to it. If he appears in Brawl, then I'll have finally found the other half to my name, the missing piece to my soul.

Yess...I need...more...BOMBS....

Dokuro

Smash Ace
yay bomberman <3

There can also be different types of bombs (light, dark, wind, lighting, earth, and fire), like in Bomberman 64: The Second Attack.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Darn I never played that one. I can see it now...wind bombs for up B, thunder bombs down B, and other such special attacks. He should use his dark bombs to make a miniture night shade. It would be better suited for an item, I suppose.

All I know is that his fire bombs would own everybody.

56k_warning

Smash Rookie
if he was put in, he has to be like from The Second Attack (for the N64) so that he gets Pommy! Pommy was may favorite videogame character of all time...
*runs off to go find that game*

It should work like ice climbers almost, except Pommy doesn't mimic bomberman's attacks, he does different things (like devil pommy stabbing people with a pitchfork...)

Of course, in that game, Pommy never took part in boss batlles, he hid in a corner :(

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I doubt they'd use Act Zero, hasn't it only appeared on Xbox?
Yeah... And it's highly disliked... I didn't think they would - it's next to impossible in fact - but ya never know...
Now that I think about it, they really ought to have an event match where the OG Bomberman gets to put the whoopin' on AZ Bomberman. :chuckle:

Dokuro

Smash Ace
if he was put in, he has to be like from The Second Attack (for the N64) so that he gets Pommy! Pommy was may favorite videogame character of all time
yay pommy <3

however, i doubt they'd put Pommy in (or even The Second Attack bomberman) mainly because Bomberman 64: The Second Attack sold poorly, and most people forget about the game often, sadly.

also, a moveset thingy for the TSA bombs-

Lighting Bomb- Can be B-Up. The Bomb will go up straight into the air, hitting and paralyzing anybody who gets in the way. Once it reaches the top of the stage, it'll explode, damaging like Pikachu's Thunder (as in damaging people under it)
Wind Bomb- Can be B-Down. It'll be used as a triple jump insted of B-Up. Launches you into the air, doing 3% to anybody under you or beside you, pushing them away abit.
Dark Bomb- Can be an item, or a super move. If its an item it would make everything dark for a few seconds. If it was a super move, it would suck everyone (exept bomberman) into a black hole. The black hole spits them all out after a few seconds, adding 70% damage on them.
Light Bomb- I have no clue what this could be considering I forgot what it did in TSA :(
Fire Bomb- Can be B-Forward/Back. They take a shorter time to explode and don't go as high up into the air. You can throw them in an angle. They also explode on contact.
Earth Bomb- Can be a super move, considering it was one of the strongest bombs. It'll damage everyone on the stage (exept bomberman) for 70% damage. It can also be an item, doing the same thing for 20%, hurting the person who picks it up.
Ice Bomb- Can be an item. It will temporarily freeze opponents if thrown at them. If you throw it on a water/lava surface, it will temporarily create a platform on that surface.

[FireBomb inspired me to do this]

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
yay pommy <3

however, i doubt they'd put Pommy in (or even The Second Attack bomberman) mainly because Bomberman 64: The Second Attack sold poorly, and most people forget about the game often, sadly.
I certainly don't - It's my favorite Bomberman game hands down, though the first Bomberman 64 and Bomberman Online are up there as well. BTW Where does it say that it did badly? From what I could remember, it actually sold pretty well.

Also, nice moveset! :grin:

Dokuro

Smash Ace
I certainly don't - It's my favorite Bomberman game hands down, though the first Bomberman 64 and Bomberman Online are up there as well. BTW Where does it say that it did badly? From what I could remember, it actually sold pretty well.

Also, nice moveset :grin:
last time i checked, the wikipedia article said it did badly. it's my favorite bomberman game aswell <3

and thank you <3

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
last time i checked, the wikipedia article said it did badly. it's my favorite bomberman game aswell <3

and thank you <3
Well, wiki's not 100% reliable... Keep in mind that it's articles are written and mantained by regular people like you and me, not by some cadre of scholars. And yeah, I do remember there being a limited quantity produced, but if they sold so badly why would it be so rare today? :p

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
I loved Pommy.....He was a cute little jerk. I pictured him and Kirby being some kind of trouble making duo.
As for Wario vs Bomber Man Round 2, it sounds beautiful. And Act Zero Bomber Man getting pwned by the Original Bomby is even better. I was so worried that they got rid of the Classic look all together. I remember asking a guy at EB games what was up with that and he said, "Times have changed. All cute things must die." But then I said, "No! Bomber Man is EVIL cute! He can't replaced by some freak!"

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Man, I have to get back into this series. My faint memory reminds me that I've only played Bomberman 64 and Bomberman Hero, as well as a few others. Where can I find Second Attack...I don't know any stores selling those old games anymore...

~If Dokuro's moveset were to be in Brawl, I would spam Side B all day. It's like a controlled fireball! It DEFINES me!

GreenBunny9999

Smash Apprentice
Bomberman has lots of options for moves he slides in the 64 he can pick people up and throw them maybe like DK kinda, he pumps his bombs so they're huge. For his b moves maybe he gives him self an special item like that one where he has super bombs or he becomes mini.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
B^: Hop, would hop in the direction pushed, would be a weak jump but if it came into contact with another char he would grab them and repeatedly headbonk them till they broke free.

B>: Bomb Chuck, would throw a bomb at 1.5-2.0x the normal throwing speed, would throw 10-20 feet and would explode on impact, would do 8-15% damage, depending on how hard it was thrown and would be fully charged in about half a second.

B: Would Pull out a Bomb, he could then pump it with taping B or could throw it with A, also he could bounce on it if he somehow managed to jump on it. (possilby toss it in front of him then jump on it), would throw like links bomb, would do 8-10% Damage regular or if pumped would do 25-35%, pumped it would be have huge knockback but regular would only have a weak-normal knockback.

Bv: Bomb Kick, bomberman drops a bomb and kicks it travels untill it hits something, explodes on impact. does 8-10 damage, if he's in the air he would kick it streight downward in the direction you arced it and it would propell him in the opiste direction.

Smash Attacks:

A^: Would do a upward headbonk
A>: Would do a forward headbonk
Av: Would slam a bomb in the ground, would slightly damage self (2%)

Regular Attacks

A: Punch (pressing it multiple times would just just repeatedly punch switching arms)
A>Kick (weak kick the knocks enimies slightly forward)
Av: Punches the ground slightly in front of him
A^: Upercut simular to marios.

Grabs: Would grab them and throw them in whatever direction, nothing special about grabs.

I think he would make a pretty good char, his jump would be average, but he could do alot of damage.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
This thread was overdue for a bump.
Plz don't bump threads for no reason :(

Anyways....

OysterMeister said:
Bomberman would be a fantastic character for Brawl. He's one of my hopefuls.

Anyway, like the idea of his kick beng a move, but I'm not sure if the bomb should be part of it. I think he should be ABLE to kick his bombs, but wouldn't it be great if he could kick other things too?
I think the kick should be his over B. It should be low damage, but high knockback. If he kicks an item (this could be one of his own bombs as easily as a home run bat) or a character it/he/she goes flying forward, becoming a projectile. That would be great.
Hmmm that would work, but if bomberman was holding a bomb he would kick the bomb, if he wasn't holding a bomb he would kick anything in front of him.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
YES the thread is back...

I've come to realize how much more deserving Bomberman is for Brawl. He's been around for a long time (older than me), and has been in a fair share of enjoyable Nintendo games. He's established himself as a character who managed to survive the evolution of games, and although he hasn't been as active or successful lately, I think that his place in Brawl would turn it all around. Smash Bros. inspired me to reach and learn about new games, like EarthBound, Metroid, and Star Fox, so having him in Brawl would give people an intrest in his origins as well.

...As long as he doesn't look like the way he does in Bomberman: Act Zero. Ugh...please, don't ruin my dreams by putting that horrific creature from the abyss in the game...

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Stage? Now I'm drawing a blank. Well, I think they would take their 1 or 2 most successful Bomberman games on a Nintendo system and put something together. When I think of retro Bomberman, I think of concrete walls and plain floors in a top-view. That's not appealing enough. After thinking about it, I recall almost every one of his games' last areas has a sort of hi-tech furturistic stage, so I'd pick that. It would be a fresh look to Smash, considering there's no real stage like that (unless you want to count the F-Zero ones). Now I'm interested in looking into this...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Bomberman games going downhill? You must be joking! j/k. But then again that seems to be the case with a good many established franchises today... Look at Mega Man, Sonic the Hedgehog, and even Star Fox to some degree. Let's hope that all these franchises get to return to their glory days soon. At any rate, Bomberman FTW!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah a lot of franchises are, in a matter of speaking, diying... megaman is a big disappointment, megaman ZX wtf? what about just plain old megaman? what happend to the otiginal bluebomber that had the most kick *** stage music of all? and X too... sonic, his new game 4.5 out of 10 thats very low, tough the wii sonic game looks promising, and Ive heard its as good as the original hedgehog games, were it was all about speed... SF too is like diying, the ds game had mix reviews, still id like to get it when i get a ds lite, I was thinking why not make a Star Wolf game? id like that and buy it in a second (hopin it wont go as bad as shadow the hedgehog game, shadow sucks, but not star wolf...)... Bomber ftw!! (but not b4 sonic or megaman XD)...

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Yoo i would love to see old bomerman in brawl. he would be nasty. freakin doin socker tricks with his bombs befor he kicks or throws them at you. And he had im sorry i cant rember more about him. I rember he had a cool friend that would turn into a jet and fly.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Bomberman all the way. Also, here are some examples of music tracks that would likely make it if he's in Brawl. Sorry, I'll get the direct links tomorrow, this computer isn't capable enough:

http://www.ocremix.org/quicksearch/game/?qs_query=bomberman

The opening of Bomberfuzz is a remix of Bomberman's main theme. If the developers are focusing on bringing classic/general tracks to Brawl, this one would have to be his. With a little magic, this theme can be made so it fits the techo stage enviorment that I want him to have. Oh, don't mind the freaky voice you hear in this remix. It's Bomberman's I guess... just pretend it isn't there.

The other one, Chip Trip, is a remix of what is usually the multiplayer music in Bomberman. I personally like this one better... maybe they should just have both. For pretty much ALL the old-school Bomberman games, this was the main theme in all battles, a fitting theme for a 4-player Brawl. If you downloaded Bomberman '93 on the Virtual Console, you can find both of these songs in their natural enviorment. :)

Sakurai mentions he favors retro characters, so that brings my hopes up 49%. He had a reasonable amount of good games on the N64 and every system before that. There is that Bomberman game for the DS which I hear is good, but there hasn't been many since those days. Please Sakurai... answer my prayers and bring him back to life!

Lol only played bomberman vs wario... my fav gameboy game of all TIME!...
I finally found that game, "Wario Blast: featuring Bomberman!" after nearly 2 years. I popped it into the Game Boy Player and, man... I love technology.

Top Bottom