• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman for SSBB?

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
It would be great if Bomberman made it to Brawl but.... I don't see he has much of a chance.
My ideas for his B moves:

Up B: Bombie throws a Wind Bomb above/below him, then when the bomb explodes a tornado comes out and gives Bombie a ride. Enemies would be dragged in to the tornado, recieving dmg.

Smash B: Bombie throws a random type of bomb at the enemy, but not the types that are listed in other B moves.(each type of bomb has a different effect, duh!)

Neutral B: Bombie throws his trademark bomb, if you charge it you throw 4 bombs like in Hero.

Down B: Bombie throws a ice bomb to the floor, then ice spikes grow out of the explosion, sending out enemies flying.

O.K., that's about it. :)

P.S.: If one of the ideas posted above has been commented before, then I apologize.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I've been burning ideas >.< but it's good to hear people talking about him. Though it may be better if you keep the new ideas in the character's respective threads, Zarasai.

It's still hard to decide if Bomberman really should be a ranged character, an up-close one, or a decent mixture of both. His aerials are better left as pfysical attacks rather than explosives, you know? Gotta give him some exercize, especially on the head...

Did anyone think of a taunt at all? I like the little spin-dance Bomberman did when you completed a stage in Bomberman 64...

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Also DJ_Napps, upon reading your post you say

"i see major flaws in that except that bomb kick could be used to kick people as well"

after stating you like it. is that exactly what you meant to say because im getting all confuzzled and puzzled. confuzzled....... wait...what?

lol. sorry i meant "i DONT see major flaws..." my fault, srry for the misunderstanding.

..............................................................................................................................................................................

bomberman taunt should be that spinny thing he did in N64. (although that is rather gay)
thats all i can think of for now.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Bomberman 4 brawl!!!

I cant see how Pommy could be incorparated into the game well. I honestly have nothin against him but I personally dont like him with Bomberman. Maybe every so often he cud pop up for a special attack, but please dont make him a perminent part of the game. Plus, alot of people dont want Bomberman as it is, Pommy would ruin his chances of being in the game.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Pommy hasn't been in many games as it stands. I'd rather just see Bomberman go solo, cause pairs make things a little weird and I dunno if they're going to have any pairs in Brawl. It might be that I haven't truly played The Second Attack, but I'm not real interested in Pommy in the first place. There's still lots of possibilities!

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
I KNOW HOW WE COULD INCORPATE POMMY! though not as a playable character.

Bring back the character entrances like ssb64. Have pommy and bomberman do some explosive entrance, then have pommy get scared and take off when he sees there gonna battle. just like in TSA. BRILLIANT!

rofl

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman

Bring back the character entrances like ssb64. Have pommy and bomberman do some explosive entrance, then have pommy get scared and take off when he sees there gonna battle. just like in TSA. BRILLIANT!

rofl
yea, i could see that happening. Although Nintendo hasnt done that in a while, so it isnt to likely.

But i still would like to see that

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
yea, i could see that happening. Although Nintendo hasnt done that in a while, so it isnt to likely.

But i still would like to see that
Hehe, yeah I think that would be quite hilarious, to see if Bomberman made it in the game, even though Bomberman really hasn't had any good games lately for some reason I really want to see him in the game, but I guess if he isn't in I'll just have to settle that I won't have a explosive char in the game.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
The last game that Bomberman recently made was Bomberman Land Touch!, released November 8th, 2006 for the DS, and it's rather fun. It was just a little neglected, is all. It goes back to the classic gameplay and as always with Bomberman, multiplayer is addictive as it gets.

Never heard of it? Check it out: http://ds.ign.com/articles/750/750220p1.html
It's nice to know that he's still got it. Now you just gotta stick him in Brawl, Hudson!

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman

rofl
aw cmon that was hilarious guys.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Alot of people have nostalgia for Bomberman 64 but IMO, Saturn Bomberman and Bomberman Online are my favorites. It's bomberman and 4P+ online!!

Bobmerman is one of the most underrated game icons ever and I would LOVE to see him in Brawl.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
That's right. But not many have been listening...
I never played Saturn Bomberman or Bomberman Online, tho I hear things about them. Man, I wish I could get to those..

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Well this is my moveset for him...

^B= Tornado Bomb, Bomberman chucks a bomb that when exploded would suck Bomberman and any other nearby into it, would work as a recovery move and would be controllable like Yoshi's.

B>= Quickly Throws a Bomb forward.

B= Pulls out a Bomb, could be pumped more massive damage (45%)

Down B = Does a rapid forward kick that would turn people and objects into rolling projectiles, if holding a bomb while the move is performed he would kick it instead, wouldn't be able to kick fully pumped bombs though.

AAA= Punch, Punch, Kick.
A> Smash = Forward punch, would shoot a very small amount of fire out of his hands.
A^ Smash = Headsmash, hits enemies up with his huge head.
Av Smash = Does a Twirly on his head that knocks enimies to the side.
A> = Standard forward kick
A^ = Uppercut similar to Mario's
Av = Does a short kick.
Forward Tilt = Slide on his belly

Ariel A = Kick
Ariel AUp = Backflip
Ariel ADown= Downkick
Arial A Foward = Headsmash

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
^okay..but Nintendo said they probably wont use motion sensing so that "forward would have to be moved"

otherwise...its iight

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
I dunno if someone has actually ever thought that but I'm gonna say it nevertheless!
In the old 8-bit consoles there was this game called "Lode Runner" it was about a little guy opening holes in the ground and if the timing was correct the hole would close his enemies into the ground to their death! It was among my favorites back then and I actually finished it!
To my amazement upon completion I saw that in the ending Lode Runner was going somewhere (In a straight line) and he evolved into..."Bomberman"
Now I'll come to my original point! What if he was a playable character and you could revert to his true form the Lode Runner more like Zelda/Sheik? I think it would be a great addition and a very interesting character if they decide to give him a Brawl spot :D

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
^word.

IMO, Bomberman is fine the way he is. Although ive never heard of "lode runner", the idea sounds rather.........gay to me. No offense, but that game sounds kinda stupid too, and i would be ashamed if that version was put into the game- as well as the Xbox version. Im glad ur tryna "improve" and "support" bomberman, but that is a bad...no-horrible idea.

Nice try kid.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
How can one support Bomberman so badly when he doesn't even know who he is?!
DJ Napps maybe if you flex your e-muscles a bit more a lady or two might pop up in your front door asking for wild sex just for the night...
Get lost..."Kid".

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I f'ing love Bomberman.

He'd have a relatively closed moveset though... not much to do with him unless you use his far out stuff.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
I like Bomberman as well...But yes I guess besides turning a level upside down with bombs what more can he do! I myself can't see what i said earlier...(Changing forms like Zelda) But I can't see his entrance in Brawl as well! But it would be interesting if they have a decent moveset for him.

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
hmm...Bomberman for Brawl, eh? That was a VERY GOOD SUGGESTION! He can use bombs and some items in the bomberman game, like kicking, grabbing then throwing, or maybe some actual fighting moves. wheee! explosion for third jump! LOLipop

D

Deleted member

That's a very risky joke. Edit it out before people are offended.

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
huh??? hold down A??? THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!!!! maybe for B but not for A man

Its possible for he to be the other 3rd party game char.

Top Bottom