• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman for SSBB?

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Theres a rumor goin around of a new trailer in the new few days. Although i doubt this, i really hope its tru!!
This would good, since Nintendo hasnt given any news since....ever (or so it feels).

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
Pit barely had much games, and he's still in it. Bomberman would make a great addition to Brawl. he can use different types of bombs, and some of the items in the bomberman games can be some of his moves, like the kicking and throwing.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
^Yeah that and his item could be The Sickness from the 64 like Zarasai said. Thatll be awesome.

(P.S.- NEW SMASH NEWS IN 3 DAYS AT SMASHBROS.COM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
yeah i really want bomber man in too. pommy would be really cool addition, loved TSA, but i dont know how pommy would be controlled in terms of co-op effort with bomberman. had some ideas abotu specials

B^ - bomb jump, already mentioned but he does need a recovery move so it fits better than other B^ i feel.

B> bomb kick. self explained. like in 64 can be pressed again to stop the bomb.

B Bomb throw, can be held for pump bomb

Bv Sickness - pulls out the sickness (skull shaped) item from B64, which is held to throw like an item or use the Bv again to use on yourself. picks up on contact like a mushroom would if thrown. gives a random sickness:

Sicknesses:
Fire - lights bomberman on fire doing mid lvl dmg to anybody touching him and catching them on fire doing some dmg over time for a few secs. Also causes some damage to the player over time as he burns.

Big - makes him big. make him stronger and heavier but much slower and cuts his jump height to one third.

Small - makes him really small and really fast and jumps higher but also light and can be knocked away much easier

Reverse - reverses the directional controls - left makes him go right and up makes him crouch and down for jump and you get idea.

Jammed - forces him to continued moving like in B64 where you could not stop but could change direction. speed icnrease slightly.

fastBomb (when used on bomberman only) makes his bombs explode really fast IE a drop bomb explodes sooner pthrown ones explode earlier in the aire kicked ones dont go far before they go boom

PowerBombs (when used on bomberman only, low chance of happening) gives bomberman the all powerfull red bombs! changes all bomb attacks to do more damage and explode larger radius with higher knockback power for it's duration.

Ghost - makes you semi-transparent and immune to physical attacks for a short time while taking triple damage from an energy or missile attack. may only use energy or missile attacks while in this form. (short duration, cannot be passed on)

Stun - makes you immobile. you can still take damage but are effectively impossible to move (like kirby's stone attack). short duration

All sicknesses except for fire, ghost and the ones listed as bomberman only will have a chance (maybe 5-10%) when you hit a character (or get hit by one) with a close range attack for you to pass the disease on to them and remove it from yourself. which refreshes the time reamining before it dissipates.

duration - thinking 15 seconds

peplease tell me waht you think

rawr movesetzorz

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I think he should be in brawl, but I don't think he will be

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
He's a terrorist!

If Bomberman's allowed, you need to allow Jack Bauer to kick his nonvisible teeth in.

That hooded *******.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Why?
...my dude is nice, thats why. I think he deserves the spot just as equally as Sonic and thats an unbiased statement.
Ex: Biased statement- Bomberman is Kick @$$ and is the best video game character ever!

ya see the diff?

Vali

Smash Ace
...my dude is nice, thats why. I think he deserves the spot just as equally as Sonic and thats an unbiased statement.
Ex: Biased statement- Bomberman is Kick @$$ and is the best video game character ever!

ya see the diff?
Would've been better if you'd posted some reason to actually why he deserves the spot more than Sonic. Fact of the matter is that Sonic is far more popular a candidate than Bomberman being the most requested 3rd party character and his inclusion in the game therefore benefits the sales of Smash Bros. It also reps the Sonic franchise which is being expanded on on the Wii and DS with games such as Sonic Rush, Sonic and the Secret Rings and also includes the upcoming Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. Bomberman? Not so popular. And yes I know Sonic's recent games have been kinda bad by which I mean awful, but who remembers Bomberman Act Zero?

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
lol, yes sadly i do remember that "bomberman", but that was one of the worst representations of him....ever. And yes, bomberman isnt too popular of a character but neither was Mr. GAW or the Ice Climbers, and they still became sucessful.
Also Bomberman reps Hudson Soft which has also expanded on the Wii and DS (wii game coming this year). Bomberman has been on other party "Smash-like" games with Wario, Snake, etc. so his inclusion is a little sensible.

Dont get me wrong, I do think Sonic should be in the game cuz thats one of my favorite characters. I agree with u completely, but i still stand by Bomberman.

Del Money

Smash Champion
i see bomberman making it. primarily because of Hudson (the company behind Bomberman) working with Nintendo on all (correct me if i'm wrong) Mario Party titles. bomberman is very famous and widespread and has appeared in more Nintendo title than Sonic. i am a huge Sinc fan however and (as an unbiased statement) see Sonic as a far more popular video game icon than Bomberman. Sega also has a much stronger alliance with Nintendo than with any other console developer. and finally the Sonic/Mario rivalry is well over a decade strong. Sonic was the most popular choice for a 3rd party character and is more deserving to be in brawl than Bomberman. however, bomberman is very deserving of a spot as well and i would be shocked if he didn't make it

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
act zero even got the flat-out worst game of '06 from gamespot, but of course thats for xbox, which explains evevrything. that debacle was not the true bomberman, and has little relevance in this discussuon save as a worst case scenario

thrak

Smash Cadet
could he do anything else (ex: explosive gas, hitting people with his sissy pink ball thing...)

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
*Bump*

Bomberman's chances of being in Brawl decreases everyday someone doesnt post here...

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
Come on make it happen. I can see it now... Bomberman pumping up the bomb to gigantic size throwing it at the opposition rendering them dazed enough and owning everything on screen....ah perfect. Plus bomberman's theme song rules! I'm sorry but GG.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I would like to see him as the final thrid-party candidate.
But he isn't well known enough to make it, I feel.

Sounds better than Megaman anyday though! (:

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I've wanted Bomberman since the original. He would be awesome, and is my most wanted 3rd party.
His B moves could use different elemental bombs with different ways of delivering them. His Kirby hat would be the cutest thing EVAR.
I just wish they'd bump up the 3rd party list 1. Megaman and Sonic just seem too likely to push him out.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
bomberman is well known actually, he's been around forever. and he would be teh uber pWn5@U(3

oh and megaman and bomberman are tied

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
What should his symbol be? Snake's leaves us with a bit of an issue about 3rd party symbols.

Snake's symbol is the FOX organization's symbol from MGS4. If we follow this, then 3rd parties' symbols are recognizable icons from their games, same as others'. In this case, Bomberman's symbol would likely and obviously be a bomb:

However, the FOX symbol really doesn't have any bearing on the series as a whole, and is a rather poor representation. But, in addition to the FOX symbol, it is also used for the Kojima Productions logo. If we follow this, then 3rd party symbols are the symbol of their owner. In this case, Bomberman's symbol would be the Hudson Bee:

What do you guys think?
Bump

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I played bomber man games which were fun but I don't feel like he'll be a good character.. Well... Don't think he'll be put in, but theres a chance... BOMBS! THE ONES THAT LOOK LIKE HERSHEY'S KISSES!

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i like the hudson bee better. and this thread makes me want to make a master higgins thread badly. even though he has next to no chance in brawl he would be the best

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
What should his symbol be? Snake's leaves us with a bit of an issue about 3rd party symbols.

Snake's symbol is the FOX organization's symbol from MGS4. If we follow this, then 3rd parties' symbols are recognizable icons from their games, same as others'. In this case, Bomberman's symbol would likely and obviously be a bomb:

However, the FOX symbol really doesn't have any bearing on the series as a whole, and is a rather poor representation. But, in addition to the FOX symbol, it is also used for the Kojima Productions logo. If we follow this, then 3rd party symbols are the symbol of their owner. In this case, Bomberman's symbol would be the Hudson Bee:

What do you guys think?
Bump
At first, i thot the bomb would be good since when u see it you would instantly kno what character it was (i.e-"that symbol is a bomb- but who could it be? bomb....bomb....bomb-erman!").

But i would pick the bee since it represents his franchise. If you go to the hudsonsoft website, youll see their mascot is bomberman. He represents the franchise and visa versa. And since hes third party, it makes sense to have his company symbol represent him cuz there is only goin to be one character per franchise.
The only problem is, when people see it they wont kno who it is (i.e-"that symbol is a bee- but who could it be? Bonk? Bomberman? The guy from Lode Runner?")

Im thinking way too much into this...I pick the f***ing bomb.

Top Bottom