• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman for SSBB?

Tru-underdog

Smash Journeyman
bomberman and wario need to finish what they started on the gameboy and brawl is where its guna happen

classic bomberman for brawl

Necro Pit

Smash Cadet
Bomberman must be in brawl.
He's has a unique move set which is awesome.
Bomberman for Brawl!!!!

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
I made a Bomberman moveset not too long ago. I didn't bother with generic punches, kicks and throws, but I may later. I hope you like it :)

::B - Bomb::
A bomb appears right under Bomberman. He doesn't instantly pick up the bomb. It acts like an item. After you press B to lay a bomb, you can pick it up with A, like a regular item. A Bomberman bomb is more powerful than a Link bomb. There is a small chance of getting a red bomb, which is slightly more powerful than the regular black bomb. Bombs do NOT explode on contact like other bombs. Bombs take about 5 seconds to explode. You are limited to placing 3 bombs on the battlefield at once.

::Over B - Bomb Kick::
This is a very interesting move. If you placed a bomb under you with B, you can hit Over B to kick the bomb forward (You cannot kick a bomb unless you have already planted a bomb with B first). The bomb slides across flat surfaces and slight slopes (like the Ice Climber's B move). It will stop if it hits a wall (Doesn't explode though). If a bomb hits a person, it doesn't explode, but flinches the victim heavily with the bomb right next to them, making them vulnerable to the timed explosion. Now what makes this move interesting is that it DOESN'T have to be just a Bomberman bomb to Bomb Kick. You can kick regular items too (Beam Swords, Bob-ombs, Health Items, Capsules, etc.) without having them break / explode. This causes the regular item to slide across the stage creating a very large amount of strategy. If the item hits the opponent, it will do the same amount of damage as if it were thrown at them. You can kick items off the screen or into more useful places. You can also kick opponents if timed right. It doesn't do much damage to them, but has very large knockback. Items will continue to slide until they hit an obstacle. Here is a picture that may help explain the Bomb Kick better http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/MiKL/BombermanKick.jpg .

::Up B - Self Destruction::
After a short delay (a bit shorter that the firefox's delay), Bomberman explodes and engulfs himself in fire. You can aim what direction you want to go. It is much like a combination of Fox's firefox and Ness' PK Thunder (without having to hit yourself first). This causes damage to Bomberman (10%), but in return it has very good distance and is powerful if it makes contact with an enemy. This makes the player think before spamming the powerful move. If they use it too much, they will end up with a large amount of damage.

::Down B- Charge::
This move is a lot like charging a bomb in Bomberman 64. If you have one of your bombs in hand, by holding down Down B the bomb slowly grows larger and more powerful. A fully charged bomb is a bit less powerful than a Bob-omb. It takes 7 seconds to fully charge a bomb. A bomb will not explode in your hands if you are charging it, but charging the bomb will make it take longer to explode (every second you charge a bomb, it will take another second to explode).

::Final Smash- Revenge::
Depending on how many times Bomberman has been KO'd, that many Bombermen will appear on the battlefield to attack the other players for a short time. This works very well on lengthy timed matches (Say you have been KO'd 20 times... you get 20 Bombermen to take Revenge).

::Other info on Bomberman::

1. If you Smash B the Bomb Kick, it will go faster and do slightly more damage. You can also reflect projectiles by performing a Bomb Kick at the exact time of impact (like the power shield).

2. When Bomberman is holding a projectile item, or a grabbed opponent, he holds them over his head. Much like D.K, he can move while holding an opponent (though not nearly as fast).

3. You can press B while airborne to drop a bomb directly downward. You cannot charge a bomb while airborne.

4. Bomberman has very limited jumping capabilities, despite his good Up B move. He has one of the worst regular jumps in the game. To make up for this, Bomberman can Footstool Jump his own bombs (think Bomberman 64 bomb hopping), so if you press B while in the air and immediately Footstool Jump the bomb, he gets a very useful boost.

5. Bomberman is a surprisingly heavy character. He has a very good ground game, but somewhat disappointing aerial game.

6. If you press A and B EXACTLY at the same time while on the ground, Bomberman will pick up a bomb right away, instead of placing the bomb on the ground and then having to pick it up. This can save a good amount of time if you plan on charging the bomb.

7. When Bomberman gets hit, his (||) face turns into the (><) face. lol

8. Bomberman's bombs aren't the only things that can be charged by Down B. If Bomberman grabs a hold of Link's Bombs, Bob-omb, or Peach's Turnips, he can charge them up and enlarge them for very hilarious results (picture a fully charged, giant Stitchface).

9. Timing the 5 second timed bombs is extremely important to Bomberman's game. If the player can master this, Bomberman is VERY formidable.
Very well done sir, i salute you. i especially liked the "Other Info", very creative.

bomberman and wario need to finish what they started on the gameboy and brawl is where its guna happen

classic bomberman for brawl
Exactly, Brawl will be the end to many unfinished rivalries. Think about it.

Mario vs. Sonic
Bomberman vs. Wario

You cant go wrong!

RDK

Smash Hero
Meh, not so much as B-man vs. Wario, but Bomberman vs. Megaman. That would be epic.

RDK

Smash Hero
With that Pokemon Trainer included in Brawl, anything could happen at this point.

Hell, the mold on my wall 4 Brawl.

Del Money

Smash Champion
With that Pokemon Trainer included in Brawl, anything could happen at this point.

Hell, the mold on my wall 4 Brawl.
perhaps but the Pokemon Trainer is also 1st party. unless i see something inviting like Morgan Webb's left boob for brawl im not gonna think to abstractly and still expect Sonic and Mega Man is those spots however Bomberman is worthy too

Bomberman 4 Brawl

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
i agree i never really like bomber man:ohwell:
thats a really old quote, im surprised you used it just to prove a point. You get 2 G points.

Side note 2 all: Im almost done with my B-man fanart. Is anyone still in the competition?

Sunshine

Smash Rookie
Thanks, I'm glad you like my moveset.

BTW, I doubt this means much at all, but Bomberman was one of the "Classic" NES remakes for the GBA, along with Super Mario Bros, Ice Climber, Legend of Zelda and a few others. I don't think it helps Bomberman's chances much, but Nintendo does recognize his classic NES game along with Nintendo's main franchises.

http://media.gameboy.ign.com/articles/502/502358/img_2059050.html

Pac-Man, Excite Bike, and Xevious were also included.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, I'm glad you like my moveset.

BTW, I doubt this means much at all, but Bomberman was one of the "Classic" NES remakes for the GBA, along with Super Mario Bros, Ice Climber, Legend of Zelda and a few others. I don't think it helps Bomberman's chances much, but Nintendo does recognize his classic NES game along with Nintendo's main franchises.

http://media.gameboy.ign.com/articles/502/502358/img_2059050.html

Pac-Man, Excite Bike, and Xevious were also included.
Ya D@mn straight! Bomberman is a classic hes been around for a long time (like '87) and is still goin with a game on the Wii. Hes a legend and deserves to be on the roster as much as any other 3rd party character.

EDIT:
@ wiseguy- i suggest Bomberman on the VC, since i havent played Bomberman DS as yet. Ive heard both are very good and the differences arent that significant.
The main differance is that Bomberman DS offers (i think) up to 8 player via Wifi, yet on the VC you can also have up to 5 via GCN controllers.
Both are great, but i recomend Bomberman DS.
(srry, i never got to answer this question on your thread. Never got to it)

If Bomberman is included, what do you guys think his alt. costume could be. Something like Clark suggested (Afro Bman, BomberPimp) or someone from his games (Regulus?).

Necro Pit

Smash Cadet
I have the japanese bomberman ds game it's pretty good and multiplayer is really fun.

I have to say that bomberman has a huge chance to get into brawl just because well just because I don't see any reason not to.

RDK

Smash Hero
unless i see something inviting like Morgan Webb's left boob for brawl
:chuckle: OMG :chuckle: I laughed so hard when I read that.

NEWCOMER!

BTW, Napps--post your fanart. I'm still working on mine. The contest should be epic. We're waiting on Cube, Clark, and Del for their's too, so you're not too late.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
what are you waiting on me for? if i am in this contest know that i will take the original bomberman and give him a nice spin, kind of like this

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
After the original Smash Bros, they had a pole on the official website asking who people would like to see in the upcoming sequel...(Melee).

Bomberman was my choice, unknowing that he was a third party character (Every Bomberman game up until that point I had even known of was on Nintendo)...

I Support Bomberman fully but I doubt he will be in.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Brawl.

+

Bomberman.

=

Bliss.
After the original Smash Bros, they had a pole on the official website asking who people would like to see in the upcoming sequel...(Melee).

Bomberman was my choice, unknowing that he was a third party character (Every Bomberman game up until that point I had even known of was on Nintendo)...

I Support Bomberman fully but I doubt he will be in.
see this is what happens when intelligent people come on SWF. damm you guys and your good common sense, lol. Bomberman 4 Brawl (though not too likely).

oh and good stuff, Napps...especially the "what's behind your back?"

RDK

Smash Hero
oh no, not Peter "the beater" Parker...

Bomberman 4 Brawl
Emo-Peter kind of ruined that movie. Halfway through the bar dance scene I was like "**** THIS". Then I just fast-forwarded. Thank God for torrents.

I'm almost done with my Bomberman moveset. It's like that one in the Sonic thread that uses sprites. Luckily, I found the perfect spriteset for it. It's gonna be p!mp.

Bomberman 4 Brawl

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I always thought Emo-Peter rocked some serious socks. I mean, if he was like that normally, we wouldn't have to sit through the mushy drama that is the spider-man movies.

Bomberman is needed, he's needed by all the pyromaniac's and narcissistic mass-serial-killer-wannabe's out there.

Bomberman for Brawl!

RDK

Smash Hero
Thank you for those inspiring words. And also, thanks for bumping the thread. :p

Maybe this will liven up the Bomberman followers. Come on, people--we need to match the Sonic / Megaman / Ridley / Diddy threads in post count / pages!

Here's My Bomberman moveset. With sprites. Enjoy!

IllidR

Smash Champion
I think his ONLY moves should be bombs.. if he is to punch, he does so with a bomb. Just kidding, anyway... I've seen some nice ideas in this thread, he would be a great addition.

RDK

Smash Hero
Wow....good thing nobody even knows about that site. You're so original. I've never seen that site before.

Go die.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
lol sorry i couldn't resist... you would have believed it if you hadn't seen it already

Anyway hopefully we do see a real update like this some time, bomberman would fit brawl so perfectly

RDK

Smash Hero
Scratch the dying part, I thought you were some troll trying to fake people out, like in the Sonic thread that one time. I hate people that do that.

Have you seen my spriteset? It's a page or two back. It's bascially a compilation of all the best movesets we've made.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Yeah i had many of the same ideas for his moves, except the second jump should just be his up B

Should put that sprite on the front page somehow...

RDK

Smash Hero
Unfortunately, the guy who made the thread doesn't post here anymore. We'd make another thread, but we're trying to get the Bomberman thread as big as some of the other big ones (Sonic, Megaman, Ridley, Diddy, etc.).

RDK

Smash Hero
The Black Knight for Brawl....

So many things wrong with that statement.

Top Bottom