• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman for SSBB?

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, i guess i should. Its mainly a joke choice, God forbid they choose him as Bomberman.

Besides, Bomberman is a robot- thats a monster.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@DJ Napps
that sure as hell better be a joke poll. theres no need to debate any of those options

@everyone
i got Bomberman Collection for PC!!!! 3 Games in 1!!! HOPPAH

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I wouldn't mind Bomberman in Brawl.

However seems more likely if he is added he will be an AT, which would be great aswell.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I'm sorry,but I don't think Bomberman has a good shot at all. 1.all he does is throw bombs,we all ready have people like with Samus and Link. 2.I know Hudson is on good terms with Nintendo,but Sakurai said no more than 2 third party characters. One slot is taken by Snake,and the other will either go to Sonic,Simon Belmont,and hell,if push comes to shove even Megaman has a better chance than him! I like Bomberman's games and all,but he won't he making it in. Maybe SSB4(if that ever happens)

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry,but I don't think Bomberman has a good shot at all. 1.all he does is throw bombs,we all ready have people like with Samus and Link. 2.I know Hudson is on good terms with Nintendo,but Sakurai said no more than 2 third party characters. One slot is taken by Snake,and the other will either go to Sonic,Simon Belmont,and hell,if push comes to shove even Megaman has a better chance than him! I like Bomberman's games and all,but he won't he making it in. Maybe SSB4(if that ever happens)
I memory serves, I believe what Sakurai actually said was MAYBE two or three more third party characters AFTER SNAKE. He was deliberately vague about it too, so three third party characters is by no means the limit, just what Sakurai thought at the time was a prudent number of third party characters to have. So Bomberman still has a good chance of being one of the lucky few.

And the throwing bombs thing doesn't mean diddly poop. Brawl already has quite a few characters with completely made up movesets, both old and new. The only difference between them and Bomberman is that he'll have loads more explosions in his moveset. And explosions are cool.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry,but I don't think Bomberman has a good shot at all.
Great! Thank God your thoughts dont determine the game's outcome...

1.all he does is throw bombs,we all ready have people like with Samus and Link.
Dont be naive. Please look around this thread before you make a statement like that. There are at least 4 well done movesets within the last 10 pages.
And, according to you, Marth, Roy, Metaknight, Pit, etc. shouldnt be in brawl since Link already uses a sword.

2.I know Hudson is on good terms with Nintendo,but Sakurai said no more than 2 third party characters. One slot is taken by Snake,and the other will either go to Sonic,Simon Belmont,and hell,if push comes to shove even Megaman has a better chance than him!
Sakurai said there will be 3 third party characters, including Snake, which makes 2 open 3rd party slots. Sonic is a shoe-in so the main competition is between Megaman and Bomberman. Most people know the odds, but both have significant chances. Megaman has the popularity while Bomberman has the connections. Its all up to Sakurai, who is unreliable and unpredictable.
Besides, that was an estimate like Oyster said. That 1-2 more could definitely change.

I like Bomberman's games and all,but he won't he making it in. Maybe SSB4(if that ever happens)
Oh yeah, your right- im sorry. I didnt realize your name was Sakurai. A thousand apoligies....

RDK

Smash Hero
1.all he does is throw bombs,we all ready have people like with Samus and Link.
Statements like this really piss me off. I'm not even going to touch it, as DJ Napps took care of it.

2.I know Hudson is on good terms with Nintendo,but Sakurai said no more than 2 third party characters. One slot is taken by Snake,and the other will either go to Sonic,Simon Belmont,and hell,if push comes to shove even Megaman has a better chance than him!
If you think Simon Belmont has a chance over poo, you're a fool.

I like Bomberman's games and all,but he won't he making it in. Maybe SSB4(if that ever happens)
He won't be making it in? Oooh, you must know everything! Why don't you go ahead and tell us the complete Brawl roster?

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Great! Thank God your thoughts dont determine the game's outcome...

Dont be naive. Please look around this thread before you make a statement like that. There are at least 4 well done movesets within the last 10 pages.
And, according to you, Marth, Roy, Metaknight, Pit, etc. shouldnt be in brawl since Link already uses a sword.

Sakurai said there will be 3 third party characters, including Snake, which makes 2 open 3rd party slots. Sonic is a shoe-in so the main competition is between Megaman and Bomberman. Most people know the odds, but both have significant chances. Megaman has the popularity while Bomberman has the connections. Its all up to Sakurai, who is unreliable and unpredictable.
Besides, that was an estimate like Oyster said. That 1-2 more could definitely change.

Oh yeah, your right- im sorry. I didnt realize your name was Sakurai. A thousand apoligies....

Okay,you guys got me on a few ponits,but with everyone flaming me on the last part I said,I just really don't think he'll make it in(he has a better chance than what I originally realized,but still not that good)

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Okay,you guys got me on a few ponits,but with everyone flaming me on the last part I said,I just really don't think he'll make it in(he has a better chance than what I originally realized,but still not that good)
Good, at least you realize your faults. You should have said "i dont think" instead of "he wont" the first time.

You have been forgiven.

RDK

Smash Hero
Wow.

If this wasn't increasing the post count in here, I would maim you.

And more like Steroid Bomberman, lol.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Good, at least you realize your faults. You should have said "i dont think" instead of "he wont" the first time.

You have been forgiven.
Thank you. I tend to have oments of stupidity. You guys have opened my eyes after reading some of the posts on this thread,and he actually has a pretty good chance.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
hey chibi you want to see my bomberman moveset?

also i kinda kicked this thread back up when it was 30 pages long and dead, lol.

RDK

Smash Hero
Nice movesets guys. Soup did a good job with his, I like the B-moves.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
you think his is good, check mine out

ClarkJables Bomberman Moveset-

Stats-
Power- 2.5/5 (w/o bombs), 4/5 (w 3 bombs)
Speed- 4/5 (w/o bombs), 2.5/5 (w 3 bombs)
Defense- 2.5/5 (w/o bombs), 4/5 (w 3 bombs)
Jump- 4/5 (w/o bombs), 2.5/5 (w 3 bombs)

A moves-
AAA- L-punch, R-knee, L-roundhouse kick, (3%, 3%, 5%) w/o bombs, (5%, 5%, 7%) w/ 3 bombs
Dash A- flying kick, similar to Mario’s Nair (5%) w/o bombs, (8%) w/ 3 bombs
Up a- raises hand in air all fast like (4%) w/o bombs, (7%) w/ 3 bombs
Down a- a kick that resembles luigi’s taunt, but does more damage and is faster (4%) w/o bombs, (7%) w/ 3 bombs
Nair- knee attack (4%) w/o bombs, (7%) w/ 3 bombs
Back air- elbow attack (4%) w/o bombs, (7%) w/ 3 bombs
Fair- head whack (4%) w/o bombs, (7%) w/ 3 bombs
Uair- back flip (4%) w/o bombs, (7%) w/ 3 bombs
Dair- elbow drop (4%) w/o bombs, (7%) w/ 3 bombs

B moves-
B- summon bomb, summons 3 bombs which trail behind him. These bombs increase bomberman’s attack and defense proportional to each bomb laid out. They also decrease his speed and jump proportional to the number of bombs thrown out. Bombs follow Bman wherever he goes, and can jump like Bman. Pushing b while all 3 bombs are already out does nothing, and Bomberman will not be able to summon more bombs until only 1 bomb is left
B^- bomb jump, bomberman jumps on top of on of his summoned bombs, it promptly explodes sending him upwards. His trajectory from that point on resembles that of an arch
If player is within blast radiance=10%, if player is hit by Bman during accent=7%, during decent=12%
BV- remote bomb throw, Bman takes one of his bombs and throws it. The bomb will then stick to the next thing it touches and explodes in 3 seconds.
Explodes on player= 20%, explodes and player is within blast radiance, 7%
B>- bomb kick, Bman kicks one of his bombs, sending it flying in a low arch, the bomb will bounce once if it lands on any part of the stage, but it will explode on contact with an item or a player. Before bounce= 20%, after bounce=15%

Smash a moves-
Dsmash- ice bomb, bomberman raises his hand, using one of his bombs to summon an ice bomb, he then slams it into the ground causing an explosion that does 12% damage to anyone in the blast radiance. It also leaves and ice patch on the ground where it explodes, causing players to slide uncontrollably when they walk through it. Bomberman is unaffected by this until he reenters the ice slick. W/o bomb it is a sweep kick that does 8%
Usmash- lightning rod, bomberman uses one of his bombs to summon a lightning rod, he then raises it high in the air, causing small bolts of lightning to shoot up from the rod. Lightning does 7% damage, and blast does 5%, causing a total of 12%. W/o bomb it is a head whack that does 8%
FSmash- Molotov cocktail, Bman uses one of his bombs to summon a fire bomb, which he throws in front of him. The closer the opponent is to bomberman, the more damage the bomb does. The bomb also lights the opponent on fire. The player will not be able to stop moving until the fire dies out 5 second later, and anyone the opponent touches will be lit ablaze for 5 seconds. Fire does 2% each second. W/o bomb it is a roundhouse kick doing 8%

Grabs-
Grab attack- head but, 4% with no bombs, 7% with bombs
U throw- god smack, bomberman throws the opponent in the air and then uses his lightning rod to send a bolt of lightning through the opponent. Does 8% and causes high knockback. W/o bombs it is a throw with low knockup and no damage
B throw- bomberman grabs his opponent's head and slams him right onto one of the bombs behind Bman, sending the opponent flying. Does 8%. W/o bombs it is a throw with low knockback and no damage
F throw- Bman throws opponent forward, then kicks a bomb after him. If they make contact on first bounce, the opponent takes 8% damage and suffers high knockback. W/o bomb it is a throw with low knockback and no damage
D throw- Bman throws opponent down onto one of his sticky bombs, sending opponent straight up, and dealing 8%. W/o bomb it is a throw with low knockup and damage

Final smash- overkill mode, bomberman begins to malfunction and goes into overkill mode. He is transformed into a giant mech suit with a cannon mount coming out of his chest, shoulder mounted rocket launchers, a jet pack, an energy sword in his right hand, and a chain launcher mounted on his left arm. In this mode bomberman has only 1 A attack, no jumps, and incredibly massive b moves. His speed is lowered drastically, but he becomes invulnerable to attack. Overkill mode lasts as long as the gigga bowser transform
Overkill attacks-
B- chain grab, overkill Bman launches his chain that wraps around the nearest enemy and reels him into OBman. This move cannot be used in the air
^B- jetpack, OBman uses his jetpack, granting him incredibly limited flight. Used more for getting from stage to platform then an actual recovery move
>B- rocket barrage, by holding down >b, OBman shoots out 2 rockets every second for 10 seconds. After the 10 seconds are up the rocket are out of ammo and have to cool down and self reload, which takes around 5 seconds rockets do 10% damage each
VB- sword slam, OBman attacks with his sword, alternating between horizontal and vertical swipes with each push of the button, sword does 35% damage each swing, this move cannot be used in the air
A- cannon bomb, OBman launches a red atom bomb from his chest-mounted cannon. The bomb has large blast radiance and does 30% to all it hits. After firing one bomb the cannon has to cool down which takes 3 seconds

How to unlock-
Get a total of 50 bomb KO's in any mode

Alt costumes-
White bomberman
Black bomberman
Red bomberman
Blue bomberman
OR
White bomberman
Black bomberman w/ sunglasses & Afro
Red bomberman w/ blonde mullet, beard, and hick hat
Blue bomberman w/ fez hat and monocle

RDK

Smash Hero
I like the attention to detail, like the grabs and the costumes and such. However, I'm not so hot about moves like "Bomb Kick" and "Bomb Jump". I like the Sword Shoryuken much better for his Up-B.

And plus, you ripped "Remote Bomb" right off Soup's, lol.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
actually i made my moveset before joe soup did, so he stole mine really. and why shouldn't he have a bomb kick, that was only his most famous move. plus a sword jump really doesn't seem like bomberman

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Hey, Clark. S'been awhile. All those 2 days.

Nice moveset, great attention to detail. I like the B-moves especially. Who ever would have thought to include bombs?

King of Lusers should go hang himself

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
you think his is good, check mine out

ClarkJables Bomberman Moveset-

Stats-
Power- 2.5/5 (w/o bombs), 4/5 (w 3 bombs)
Speed- 4/5 (w/o bombs), 2.5/5 (w 3 bombs)
Defense- 2.5/5 (w/o bombs), 4/5 (w 3 bombs)
Jump- 4/5 (w/o bombs), 2.5/5 (w 3 bombs)

A moves-
AAA- L-punch, R-knee, L-roundhouse kick, (3%, 3%, 5%) w/o bombs, (5%, 5%, 7%) w/ 3 bombs
Dash A- flying kick, similar to Mario’s Nair (5%) w/o bombs, (8%) w/ 3 bombs
Up a- raises hand in air all fast like (4%) w/o bombs, (7%) w/ 3 bombs
Down a- a kick that resembles luigi’s taunt, but does more damage and is faster (4%) w/o bombs, (7%) w/ 3 bombs
Nair- knee attack (4%) w/o bombs, (7%) w/ 3 bombs
Back air- elbow attack (4%) w/o bombs, (7%) w/ 3 bombs
Fair- head whack (4%) w/o bombs, (7%) w/ 3 bombs
Uair- back flip (4%) w/o bombs, (7%) w/ 3 bombs
Dair- elbow drop (4%) w/o bombs, (7%) w/ 3 bombs

B moves-
B- summon bomb, summons 3 bombs which trail behind him. These bombs increase bomberman’s attack and defense proportional to each bomb laid out. They also decrease his speed and jump proportional to the number of bombs thrown out. Bombs follow Bman wherever he goes, and can jump like Bman. Pushing b while all 3 bombs are already out does nothing, and Bomberman will not be able to summon more bombs until only 1 bomb is left
B^- bomb jump, bomberman jumps on top of on of his summoned bombs, it promptly explodes sending him upwards. His trajectory from that point on resembles that of an arch
If player is within blast radiance=10%, if player is hit by Bman during accent=7%, during decent=12%
BV- remote bomb throw, Bman takes one of his bombs and throws it. The bomb will then stick to the next thing it touches and explodes in 3 seconds.
Explodes on player= 20%, explodes and player is within blast radiance, 7%
B>- bomb kick, Bman kicks one of his bombs, sending it flying in a low arch, the bomb will bounce once if it lands on any part of the stage, but it will explode on contact with an item or a player. Before bounce= 20%, after bounce=15%

Smash a moves-
Dsmash- ice bomb, bomberman raises his hand, using one of his bombs to summon an ice bomb, he then slams it into the ground causing an explosion that does 12% damage to anyone in the blast radiance. It also leaves and ice patch on the ground where it explodes, causing players to slide uncontrollably when they walk through it. Bomberman is unaffected by this until he reenters the ice slick. W/o bomb it is a sweep kick that does 8%
Usmash- lightning rod, bomberman uses one of his bombs to summon a lightning rod, he then raises it high in the air, causing small bolts of lightning to shoot up from the rod. Lightning does 7% damage, and blast does 5%, causing a total of 12%. W/o bomb it is a head whack that does 8%
FSmash- Molotov cocktail, Bman uses one of his bombs to summon a fire bomb, which he throws in front of him. The closer the opponent is to bomberman, the more damage the bomb does. The bomb also lights the opponent on fire. The player will not be able to stop moving until the fire dies out 5 second later, and anyone the opponent touches will be lit ablaze for 5 seconds. Fire does 2% each second. W/o bomb it is a roundhouse kick doing 8%

Grabs-
Grab attack- head but, 4% with no bombs, 7% with bombs
U throw- god smack, bomberman throws the opponent in the air and then uses his lightning rod to send a bolt of lightning through the opponent. Does 8% and causes high knockback. W/o bombs it is a throw with low knockup and no damage
B throw- bomberman grabs his opponent's head and slams him right onto one of the bombs behind Bman, sending the opponent flying. Does 8%. W/o bombs it is a throw with low knockback and no damage
F throw- Bman throws opponent forward, then kicks a bomb after him. If they make contact on first bounce, the opponent takes 8% damage and suffers high knockback. W/o bomb it is a throw with low knockback and no damage
D throw- Bman throws opponent down onto one of his sticky bombs, sending opponent straight up, and dealing 8%. W/o bomb it is a throw with low knockup and damage

Final smash- overkill mode, bomberman begins to malfunction and goes into overkill mode. He is transformed into a giant mech suit with a cannon mount coming out of his chest, shoulder mounted rocket launchers, a jet pack, an energy sword in his right hand, and a chain launcher mounted on his left arm. In this mode bomberman has only 1 A attack, no jumps, and incredibly massive b moves. His speed is lowered drastically, but he becomes invulnerable to attack. Overkill mode lasts as long as the gigga bowser transform
Overkill attacks-
B- chain grab, overkill Bman launches his chain that wraps around the nearest enemy and reels him into OBman. This move cannot be used in the air
^B- jetpack, OBman uses his jetpack, granting him incredibly limited flight. Used more for getting from stage to platform then an actual recovery move
>B- rocket barrage, by holding down >b, OBman shoots out 2 rockets every second for 10 seconds. After the 10 seconds are up the rocket are out of ammo and have to cool down and self reload, which takes around 5 seconds rockets do 10% damage each
VB- sword slam, OBman attacks with his sword, alternating between horizontal and vertical swipes with each push of the button, sword does 35% damage each swing, this move cannot be used in the air
A- cannon bomb, OBman launches a red atom bomb from his chest-mounted cannon. The bomb has large blast radiance and does 30% to all it hits. After firing one bomb the cannon has to cool down which takes 3 seconds

How to unlock-
Get a total of 50 bomb KO's in any mode

Alt costumes-
White bomberman
Black bomberman
Red bomberman
Blue bomberman
OR
White bomberman
Black bomberman w/ sunglasses & Afro
Red bomberman w/ blonde mullet, beard, and hick hat
Blue bomberman w/ fez hat and monocle
Seems pretty good. Lots of explody goodness!

Bombermans a ***got. your all ***gots. go to hell. suck my taint. lick my balls gooch burger.

Wow, someone here isn't a Bomberman fan. :dizzy:

RDK

Smash Hero
actually i made my moveset before joe soup did, so he stole mine really. and why shouldn't he have a bomb kick, that was only his most famous move. plus a sword jump really doesn't seem like bomberman
Ever play Second Attack, or Bomberman Wars? I'm surprised you even call yourself a Bomberman fan.

And "Bomb Kick" just seems like a waste of a B-move. Why kick a bomb when you have the ability to pick it up and throw it? Plus, it would take a lot of precision to acutally hit someone.....

And the only thing Soup ripped off of you was the incorporation of bombs into the moveset--the summoning thing. Props to you on that, it was a great idea.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
well thank you chibi, when i was thinking up the moveset i thought "make it as bomb related as possible". and then i came up with the "pet" idea which turned out to be great

and to kirby, remember i brought this thread back from the dead, and sucessfully argued that bomberman's chances are equal to megaman's

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I would like to see a very innovative and creative moveset, that brought bombs to a whole new level. For example he holds a bomb beneath him and then jumps on a characters head and blasts them down faster with more power and damage and he is projected farther.

RDK

Smash Hero
Oooh, that could be his down-A or something--like a spike, or a meteor.

Good idea.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
I know this will seem like **** compared to Clark's but i guess its worth a try....

STATS:
Speed- ***
Size- ***
Weight- **
Jump- **
Reach- **
Strength- ***

A- Left-hand jab
AA- Right punch, Left punch
AAA- Strong Uppercut (w/ slight explosion)
Dash A- Head-dive- Bomberman rapidly dives, headfirst, straight ahead of him and headbutts his opponent.
A^- Upward fiery punch
AV- Heavy Stomp (slight explosion)
A<>- Strong kick

Nair- Hard Slap
Fair- Knee (Bomberman knees opponent in the face)
Bair- Double arm push
Uair- Flipkick
Dair- downward drop-kick

B- Drop Bomb- Hold B 2 secs to hold, continuous holding pumps bomb. If B is pressed when maxium bombs are placed, the bombs would detonate simultaneously.
B<>-Bomb Kick/ Soccer Bomb -if a laid bomb is in front of him, Bomberman kicks it forward and it rolls until it hit something. If Bomberman is not in front of a bomb, Bomberman quickly lays a bomb any kicks it while flipping over (like a famous soccer move). It flies through the air quickly and explodes on contact.
B\/- Suicide Bomb- Bomberman slams a bomb beneath his feet, quickly flinging him upward and causing slight damage to him. Causes major damage to neighboring enemies
B^- Bomber Copter- Bomberman bursts upward with propeller spinning above him. He is able to fly around freely for around 10 secs.

Grab- Standard two hand grab
Grab Attack- general headbutt
^ Throw- Throws opponent into air and quickly throws a bomb at them
> Throw- Straps bomb to and throws opponent forward
< Throw- Throws opponent behind Bomberman (that's it)
V Throw- Slams opponent on ground on which, they explode on impact.

Final Smash-
- Bomberman pumps a legendary Red Bomb to maximum size (around 2x the height of Bowser). Bomberman speed is greatly decreased and cannot jump when carrying the bomb. He is free to throw the bomb wherever he pleases, the bombs explosion radius affects everyone on the stage. Any player hit with the Bomb is instantly knocked off stage or is immobilized and dizzy (with stars flying around their head as in Bomberman 64).
Then, Bomberman jumps on the back of Pommy and rides around the stage with increased speed and jumping ability. He can drop as much as 10 bombs at one time and quickly as desired. Pommy is also able to attack opponents (i.e-biting). Duration: 15 secs.

Item: Virus! (Skull from Bomberman 64)
-Fire- user spontaneously combusts and is on fire for around 10 secs. User can touch other players which temporarily lits them afire (5 secs). Does damage overtime to user.
-Big- user becomes larger, heavier, and stronger, but slower and much lower jump.
-Small- user becomes smaller, much higher jumps, and faster, but weaker and more easily knocked away.
-Jammed- user cannot stop moving but its able to change direction and jump. Speed increases over time.
-Reverse- all controller moves are reversed. Up is crouch, Down is jump, B is A, etc.
-Ghost- user cannot receive or use physical attacks. User can now hijack an opponent and semi-control them.
-Stun- User can barely move, but can take slightly more damage.

Entrance- Rides in on his pet, Pommy. Pommy runs away scared right before the battle starts.

Kirby- Standard pink Kirby but with Bomberman eyes ( | | ) and antennae.

Taunt: Celebrates as in Bomberman 64

Costumes- (similar to Clark's)
White Bomber
Black Bomber
Red Bomber
Blue Bomber
Gold Bomber

Winning Poses-
1.Does backflip and smiles as in Bomberman Hero.
2.Jumps and punches air above him while smiling.

Notes-
-Only 4 bombs can be placed on the field at once.
-Other Bombermen can kick other Bombermen's bombs.
-Any attacks upon a bomb would explode immediately.
-If Bomberman lands on one of his bombs he will do a low bounce. Pumped bombs give him higher bounces.
-All Virus effects (except Fire) has a chance to be passed on to an opponent. Opponents with higher health percentage have a higher chance of receiving the Virus. Its duration is restarted everytime it is passed on.

Yes, it sucks. Plz dont flame me....

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Semi floaty
Run - 3/5
Strength - 3/5
Lag - 2/5(5 is good, 1 is bad)
Weight - 3/5
Jump - 4/5

B move
B - Swings forward with a bomb in hand. Good range and excellent damage, but if it does not connect it hits the ground in front of Bomberman, causing him to be damaged
B^ - Bomberman jets upward with fire in his hands. Hits enemies above and below, but is weak to the side. Only goes up, but has great range(like samus')
B> - Bomberman hits the ground and a shock wave of fire moves forward a short distance
BV - Pulls out either a regular bomb, a larger/slower/stronger bomb, or a small light bomb

Smashes
Usmash - Thrusts hand in the air with a small flame eruption
Dsmash - Spins feet around on ground(like Samus again)
Fsmash - Like Usmash but forward

Aerials
Uair - Like B^ but bomberman does not fly upwards
Dair - Bomberman pulls out a bomb, and if he lands on an opponent he jumps off, and the bomb explodes, hurtling the enemy downwards and bomberman flies up. If it misses the bomb explodes and Bomberman takes damage
Fair - Puts fut forward and hold it(Falco)
Nair - Spins, with arms flailing
Bair - Does a spinkick backwards, changing the direction bomberman faces

Final Smash - Bomberman throws a gigantic bomb upwards, and it explodes into a rain of smaller bombs, each with the strength of a bomb-omb, and bombs bomb upon the enemies... it will be bomb...
bomb

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Hey Clark, since the footstool jump came after your moveset (I think), you could update it by including his FSJ as using those Yoshi-egg bombs of your's, a la Falco&'s suggestion.

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
These ideas look really good.
I think he should have a move that charges up his bomb attack just like the N64 games. That would be sweet...

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I think Bomberman has a decent chance of being in Brawl. I'd like it if he was in.

Eratangos

Smash Cadet
Yea, bomberman 93 is good. Also, you can try bomberpengu on the web to get a taste, a flash game that really does a good impression of the classic gameplay.

Sunshine

Smash Rookie
I made a Bomberman moveset not too long ago. I didn't bother with generic punches, kicks and throws, but I may later. I hope you like it :)

::B - Bomb::
A bomb appears right under Bomberman. He doesn't instantly pick up the bomb. It acts like an item. After you press B to lay a bomb, you can pick it up with A, like a regular item. A Bomberman bomb is more powerful than a Link bomb. There is a small chance of getting a red bomb, which is slightly more powerful than the regular black bomb. Bombs do NOT explode on contact like other bombs. Bombs take about 5 seconds to explode. You are limited to placing 3 bombs on the battlefield at once.

::Over B - Bomb Kick::
This is a very interesting move. If you placed a bomb under you with B, you can hit Over B to kick the bomb forward (You cannot kick a bomb unless you have already planted a bomb with B first). The bomb slides across flat surfaces and slight slopes (like the Ice Climber's B move). It will stop if it hits a wall (Doesn't explode though). If a bomb hits a person, it doesn't explode, but flinches the victim heavily with the bomb right next to them, making them vulnerable to the timed explosion. Now what makes this move interesting is that it DOESN'T have to be just a Bomberman bomb to Bomb Kick. You can kick regular items too (Beam Swords, Bob-ombs, Health Items, Capsules, etc.) without having them break / explode. This causes the regular item to slide across the stage creating a very large amount of strategy. If the item hits the opponent, it will do the same amount of damage as if it were thrown at them. You can kick items off the screen or into more useful places. You can also kick opponents if timed right. It doesn't do much damage to them, but has very large knockback. Items will continue to slide until they hit an obstacle. Here is a picture that may help explain the Bomb Kick better http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/MiKL/BombermanKick.jpg .

::Up B - Self Destruction::
After a short delay (a bit shorter that the firefox's delay), Bomberman explodes and engulfs himself in fire. You can aim what direction you want to go. It is much like a combination of Fox's firefox and Ness' PK Thunder (without having to hit yourself first). This causes damage to Bomberman (10%), but in return it has very good distance and is powerful if it makes contact with an enemy. This makes the player think before spamming the powerful move. If they use it too much, they will end up with a large amount of damage.

::Down B- Charge::
This move is a lot like charging a bomb in Bomberman 64. If you have one of your bombs in hand, by holding down Down B the bomb slowly grows larger and more powerful. A fully charged bomb is a bit less powerful than a Bob-omb. It takes 7 seconds to fully charge a bomb. A bomb will not explode in your hands if you are charging it, but charging the bomb will make it take longer to explode (every second you charge a bomb, it will take another second to explode).

::Final Smash- Revenge::
Depending on how many times Bomberman has been KO'd, that many Bombermen will appear on the battlefield to attack the other players for a short time. This works very well on lengthy timed matches (Say you have been KO'd 20 times... you get 20 Bombermen to take Revenge).

::Other info on Bomberman::

1. If you Smash B the Bomb Kick, it will go faster and do slightly more damage. You can also reflect projectiles by performing a Bomb Kick at the exact time of impact (like the power shield).

2. When Bomberman is holding a projectile item, or a grabbed opponent, he holds them over his head. Much like D.K, he can move while holding an opponent (though not nearly as fast).

3. You can press B while airborne to drop a bomb directly downward. You cannot charge a bomb while airborne.

4. Bomberman has very limited jumping capabilities, despite his good Up B move. He has one of the worst regular jumps in the game. To make up for this, Bomberman can Footstool Jump his own bombs (think Bomberman 64 bomb hopping), so if you press B while in the air and immediately Footstool Jump the bomb, he gets a very useful boost.

5. Bomberman is a surprisingly heavy character. He has a very good ground game, but somewhat disappointing aerial game.

6. If you press A and B EXACTLY at the same time while on the ground, Bomberman will pick up a bomb right away, instead of placing the bomb on the ground and then having to pick it up. This can save a good amount of time if you plan on charging the bomb.

7. When Bomberman gets hit, his (||) face turns into the (><) face. lol

8. Bomberman's bombs aren't the only things that can be charged by Down B. If Bomberman grabs a hold of Link's Bombs, Bob-omb, or Peach's Turnips, he can charge them up and enlarge them for very hilarious results (picture a fully charged, giant Stitchface).

9. Timing the 5 second timed bombs is extremely important to Bomberman's game. If the player can master this, Bomberman is VERY formidable.

Conner

Smash Journeyman
I personally think bomberman would be cool if they give him a pretty good moveset , otherwise he'd be a
regular guy throwing bombs. While I support Megaman more , i wouldn't mind Bomberman getting in instead , cause I think one of the two would have to make it in.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
@Sunshine: yes, very good. Perhaps too good - strokes chin - lol jk
I like the UpB and heaviness ect...It all fits well and is very much what I had in mind. What I did not think of was his "kick" having those effects. Well thought out...however, I'd like it even more if his bombs "were not" timed but every fith bomb "was" a time bomb and every fith bomb was a red one. The other 3/5 are usually the black regular bombs.

Secondly,

DownB: Hold Down and B and it's charges the bomb, making it more powerfull ect.. Hold down but tap B, (like Marios tornado speed for rising) and B-Man spins his arm with the bomb, after a few (very fast) spins, he releases and throws "3" bombs at different angels of tragectary.

Top Bottom