• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman for SSBB?

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i say an item contest would be better

mine is the escape door from the arcade bomberman. you throw it out and if you hit the door all of those coin enemies come out and attack everything in sight.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
i second the nomination for an item contest (having trouble with a stage concept).

My item is the Virus from Bomberman 64. (see my moveset)

Del Money

Smash Champion
So if anyone wants to participate in the item contest, just post your entry, and once everyone is done, I'll make a mega-post with all the entries and then the judges can vote.

Entries:

DJ Napps: Virus (from B64)

J. Soup: Stage Hazard (from B:SA)
add me....kangaroo things as an AT

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
add me, door item

door item-
you throw the door out, and a random bomberman enemy comes out. the door then closes until enemy is defeated, then it opens again. this happens 3 times. if the door is hit in this process, 5 of the coin enemies appear and tear through the stage, hitting anyone in sight

Del Money

Smash Champion
Del, do you want to come up with what the trophy does? Like a little description?
basically a kangaroo than allows the summoning player to ride it around the level for a limited time increasing their speed (except Falcon/Sonic speed) and the kangaroo automatically attacks any player in the way with a kick or a headbutt or stomps on them (though this seems a bit too much like rambi the rhino from the DK series). but yeah the riding player isnt invincible. if they get hit while on the kangaroo the kangaroo runs away.

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
Oh yeah, forgot, lol.

Maybe we can get someone from another thread. Blubomber, or Killswitch.

Remembe people, we're trying to get this thread to the size of those monsters that are the Sonic / Megaman / Diddy / Ridley threads.

Spam, recruit, make stupid contests, post movesets and item / trophy ideas. Increase the page count!

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
who was bashing mcfox??? also i have suggested a item already. i won't do a stage because i don't even want to bother trying... wait... I'VE GOT IT!!!!!

stage idea- maze

thats right the classic maze layout from the 2d bomberman games. basically it works like a fuzion between the IC stage and the flat zone stage. players have to navigate their way through the complex maze. the camera goes either up, down, left, or right. the only way to ko a person is to knock the the opposite wat of the camera

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Imagine Bomberman as an At. He appears and starts chucking bombs everywhere to cause absolute chaos, how hilarious would that be? Bomberman is awsome, Im definately hoping he gets in.

omgSSBBsoon

Smash Rookie
i was wondering... do you think bomberman would make a great character in SSBB, coz besides from chucking bombs, wat else does he hav?
his powers in the game are:
dash
x buster
charged x buster
when he defeats someone else, he gets an abillity from him
climing
air dash

etc

of coursase he would make a great character...:)

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
ok, what does that have to do with his chances for brawl. pretty much all of sonics game sucked *** after the dreamcast, and megaman died after .exe, but that doesn't lessen their chances at all now, does it?

and kirby, and pikachu look simple and wierd, but they are in brawl

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
no, don't tell him to leave. i wish we could get vagrent here that way we could add 20 pages to this thread lol

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
*mini-bump*

.....yea, i cant think of anything for a good stage or AT. I like all of your ideas better.

oh yea, HAPPY (belated) 50th PAGE !!!!!!

Ippius

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how Bomberman would be a terrible character. One word...EXPLOSIONS.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I didn't even notice we hit the 50 mark...

*SIGH* Long way to go before we catch up to the others.

Get some bigmouths in here.

And, BTW, Napps--you must make an AT and a stage, or I will cast you into the eternal pit of flames.

oh, well i guess i cant argue that. Ill work on it.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
Balloon fighter moveset-

stats-
weight- 3/5 (no balloons), 1/5 (two balloons)
power- 3/5
speed- 3/5
defense- 3/5

jump- balloon fighter has 7 jumps while both balloons are inflated, and only 4 when 1 is inflated. if none are inflated he only has the standard 2 jumps.

B moves-

b- ball lightning, basically this works as sort of an air mine. when summoned it remains stationary in the air until an opponent approaches, it then homes in on said opponent and does not stop following him until it makes contact. when it makes contact it does 5% damage. now this doesn't seem like much but it also stuns the opponent for 3.5 seconds. only 3 ball lightnings are allowed on the field at the same time, and you can't summon another one until 5 seconds after the first one.

b>- flipper, balloon fighter throws out a flipper in front of him, bout as far as mario throws the flipper in melee. from there it acts exactly like the flipper in melee.

bV- fish of doom, balloon fighter throws a large fish onto the stage. the fish then flops around, causing knockup similar to DK's VB, and doing 5% damage to anyone who lands on the fish. the fish stays on the arena until knocked off. the fish can be knocked off by repeatadly throwing items or projectiles at it, it has the same weight as bowser.

B^- pump up balloon, what balloon pump does is pump up another balloon on his back. this can only be used if he doesn't have 2 balloons out already. it takes 3 seconds to pump up a balloon. also, the move can't be used until 3 seconds after the first pump.

A moves-
for the majority of balloon fighters a moves he uses something he calls " the pin". it is a silver stick sharpened at the end resembling a simple spear. it is the size of a yard stick. this is of course in proportion to BF's size. i will post them more in detail later

alternate costume-
alice from balloon kid

ClarkJables Bomberman Moveset-

Stats-
Power- 2.5/5 (w/o bombs), 4/5 (w 3 bombs)
Speed- 4/5 (w/o bombs), 2.5/5 (w 3 bombs)
Defense- 2.5/5 (w/o bombs), 4/5 (w 3 bombs)
Jump- 4/5 (w/o bombs), 2.5/5 (w 3 bombs)

A moves-
AAA- L-punch, R-knee, L-roundhouse kick, (3%, 3%, 5%) w/o bombs, (5%, 5%, 7%) w/ 3 bombs
Dash A- flying kick, similar to Mario’s Nair (5%) w/o bombs, (8%) w/ 3 bombs
Up a- raises hand in air all fast like (4%) w/o bombs, (7%) w/ 3 bombs
Down a- a kick that resembles luigi’s taunt, but does more damage and is faster (4%) w/o bombs, (7%) w/ 3 bombs
Nair- knee attack (4%) w/o bombs, (7%) w/ 3 bombs
Back air- elbow attack (4%) w/o bombs, (7%) w/ 3 bombs
Fair- head whack (4%) w/o bombs, (7%) w/ 3 bombs
Uair- back flip (4%) w/o bombs, (7%) w/ 3 bombs
Dair- elbow drop (4%) w/o bombs, (7%) w/ 3 bombs

B moves-
B- summon bomb, summons 3 bombs which trail behind him. These bombs increase bomberman’s attack and defense proportional to each bomb laid out. They also decrease his speed and jump proportional to the number of bombs thrown out. Bombs follow Bman wherever he goes, and can jump like Bman. Pushing b while all 3 bombs are already out does nothing, and Bomberman will not be able to summon more bombs until only 1 bomb is left
B^- bomb jump, bomberman jumps on top of on of his summoned bombs, it promptly explodes sending him upwards. His trajectory from that point on resembles that of an arch
If player is within blast radiance=10%, if player is hit by Bman during accent=7%, during decent=12%
BV- remote bomb throw, Bman takes one of his bombs and throws it. The bomb will then stick to the next thing it touches and explodes in 3 seconds.
Explodes on player= 20%, explodes and player is within blast radiance, 7%
B>- bomb kick, Bman kicks one of his bombs, sending it flying in a low arch, the bomb will bounce once if it lands on any part of the stage, but it will explode on contact with an item or a player. Before bounce= 20%, after bounce=15%

Smash a moves-
Dsmash- ice bomb, bomberman raises his hand, using one of his bombs to summon an ice bomb, he then slams it into the ground causing an explosion that does 12% damage to anyone in the blast radiance. It also leaves and ice patch on the ground where it explodes, causing players to slide uncontrollably when they walk through it. Bomberman is unaffected by this until he reenters the ice slick. W/o bomb it is a sweep kick that does 8%
Usmash- lightning rod, bomberman uses one of his bombs to summon a lightning rod, he then raises it high in the air, causing small bolts of lightning to shoot up from the rod. Lightning does 7% damage, and blast does 5%, causing a total of 12%. W/o bomb it is a head whack that does 8%
FSmash- Molotov cocktail, Bman uses one of his bombs to summon a fire bomb, which he throws in front of him. The closer the opponent is to bomberman, the more damage the bomb does. The bomb also lights the opponent on fire. The player will not be able to stop moving until the fire dies out 5 second later, and anyone the opponent touches will be lit ablaze for 5 seconds. Fire does 2% each second. W/o bomb it is a roundhouse kick doing 8%

Grabs-
Grab attack- head but, 4% with no bombs, 7% with bombs
U throw- god smack, bomberman throws the opponent in the air and then uses his lightning rod to send a bolt of lightning through the opponent. Does 8% and causes high knockback. W/o bombs it is a throw with low knockup and no damage
B throw- bomberman grabs his opponent's head and slams him right onto one of the bombs behind Bman, sending the opponent flying. Does 8%. W/o bombs it is a throw with low knockback and no damage
F throw- Bman throws opponent forward, then kicks a bomb after him. If they make contact on first bounce, the opponent takes 8% damage and suffers high knockback. W/o bomb it is a throw with low knockback and no damage
D throw- Bman throws opponent down onto one of his sticky bombs, sending opponent straight up, and dealing 8%. W/o bomb it is a throw with low knockup and damage

Final smash- overkill mode, bomberman begins to malfunction and goes into overkill mode. He is transformed into a giant mech suit with a cannon mount coming out of his chest, shoulder mounted rocket launchers, a jet pack, an energy sword in his right hand, and a chain launcher mounted on his left arm. In this mode bomberman has only 1 A attack, no jumps, and incredibly massive b moves. His speed is lowered drastically, but he becomes invulnerable to attack. Overkill mode lasts as long as the gigga bowser transform
Overkill attacks-
B- chain grab, overkill Bman launches his chain that wraps around the nearest enemy and reels him into OBman. This move cannot be used in the air
^B- jetpack, OBman uses his jetpack, granting him incredibly limited flight. Used more for getting from stage to platform then an actual recovery move
>B- rocket barrage, by holding down >b, OBman shoots out 2 rockets every second for 10 seconds. After the 10 seconds are up the rocket are out of ammo and have to cool down and self reload, which takes around 5 seconds rockets do 10% damage each
VB- sword slam, OBman attacks with his sword, alternating between horizontal and vertical swipes with each push of the button, sword does 35% damage each swing, this move cannot be used in the air
A- cannon bomb, OBman launches a red atom bomb from his chest-mounted cannon. The bomb has large blast radiance and does 30% to all it hits. After firing one bomb the cannon has to cool down which takes 3 seconds

How to unlock-
Get a total of 50 bomb KO's in any mode

Alt costumes-
White bomberman
Black bomberman
Red bomberman
Blue bomberman
OR
White bomberman
Black bomberman w/ sunglasses & Afro
Red bomberman w/ blonde mullet, beard, and hick hat
Blue bomberman w/ fez hat and monocle

Toad move set-

Speed- 4/5 Power- 4/5 Defense- 3/5 Jump- 1/5

^B- parachute hat, toad takes his hat off and it inflates like a parachute, allowing him to float as if he had an umbrella, and is canceled when he is attacked or when the down button is pushed. While on this parachute his legs flail back and forth, doing damage to anyone who touches them.
Strategy- since this move grant toad no extra height, but gives him floatiness it is best to use this after getting knocked off stage to float back, so if you double jump back and are still below the level of edge grab this move does you no good. Another good way to use this move is to jump over someone and activate it…

B>- summons mushroom, toad reaches down, pulls an item out of the ground, and throws it in front of him. Each item has a different effect, whether it is positive or negative. Move cannot be done in the air
Item list-
Poison mushroom- 5% damage every second for 10 seconds
death mushroom- instant KO
1 up mushroom- gives an extra head in stock battles, or raise score by 1
regular mushroom- heals player 20%
giant mushroom- turn giant for 30 seconds
Turnip- does 15% damage when thrown
Shrink mushroom- shrinks for 1 minute
Bomb- explodes doing 20% damage

VB- release spores, toad releases spores from his mushroom that spreads out in a cloud around him. If an opponent enters the cloud he becomes confused and his movements are reversed, meaning that up becomes down, left becomes right, and visa-versa. This not only effects general movements but button combos, so pressing VB while confused produces your ^B move. Can be used in the air
Strategy- this move is incredibly effective against speed characters, comboers, and jugglers who would otherwise have an unfair advantage over toad because of his poor jumping ability, and if you’ve ever played earthbound when you get a mushroom on your head you know how it feels to have your movements reversed.

B- hat trick, toad climbs into his enormous hat, negating all damage inflicted upon him while in hat. If done in the air the hat will spin, doing damage to anyone it hits in its decent and bouncing twice after hitting the ground. Watch out though because toad can be kicked while in hat trick mode. Lasts three attacks

Final smash- mushroom cloud, toad’s hat builds up energy and expands until it explodes releasing a large cloud of poison gas onto the field. All opponents caught in the blast are poisoned and stunned for 20 seconds.
Toads A moves are a mix of wrestling, grappling, and tackling moves which utilize his speed and power to the fullest. Oh and did I mention that he has the weakest jump in the game.

this is a list of all of my movesets so far. i am thinking of making one for paper mario and the balloon fighter moveset will most likely get some tweaking. please give me feedback, i need it to make my movesets as good as possible

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
i would say Cubelarooso but hes been as awol as a babysdaddy. i know, i guess maybe the first n00b that pops up...
*BUMPETTY BUMP BUMP*

Where is Cubelarooso, anyway?

Bomberman 4 Brawl.
i don't know where he is?
Wow, two days without me and you guys panic? Heh
If you want to know I had school registration, and a friends birthday party.
School starts on Thursday, so just a heads-up that you probably won't see as much as me (though you already see very little...)

Clark, if we want to increase the postcount, you should make a post for each moveset.

As for the contest, I have a stage entry hidden at the bottom of my moveset, but luckily I have it saved and immediately accessible:

Bomber Maze
Three brick pillars stick up from beyond the bottom, separated by gaps half their width. The width of a pillar is 1/3 that of Final Destination. It has a moderately high top, high bottom, and moderately close sides. In the background (and foreground) you see more another two rows of pillars in the same pattern. Beyond that, there's a wall with square tiled metal low-protrusion frusta near the bottom. Above that is a green wall with a light green smash symbol in the center.
If you want a non-competitive stage, attached to the background wall are three cannons which will occasionally aim and fire bombs onto the stage (or onto the rest of the battlefield beyond and before where you fight).
This stage is based off of the standard Bomberman battlefield, as viewed from the side.

I'm not sure of my ability to judge the items, but I'll do it if no one else can.

As a suggestion, we could have a Bomberman art contest. Illustrate Bomberman in anyway you want, the more awesome, the better. I'd enter, but I'm already overloaded with stuff. I could, however, judge it.

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
Hey, that's a great idea! I can scan some of my artwork and put up on Photobucket to post here.

Also, I have a bunch of stage/level screenshots I took from various Bomberman games so that we can take ideas from the best ones to create a killer stage. I'll post them in a minute.

Top Bottom