• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman for SSBB?

parvus

Smash Apprentice
sorry my bad... mmm i still think the b man has a decent chance of being a full blown character, but it's more likely that he becomes an at

IllidR

Smash Champion
sorry my bad... mmm i still think the b man has a decent chance of being a full blown character, but it's more likely that he becomes an at
I don't think so.. If they're going to spend the money to get rights for him to appear in the game he will be a full blown character.. not just an assist trophy.

RDK

Smash Hero
Parvus!

Post my spriteset on the first page. It's the pwnzor.

It's a few pages back, you should check it out.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
The more I think about the possibility of Bomberman in Brawl the more I want to cry with joy. If he does get confirmed on Dojo I think I might headbutt my laptop out of joy when I see it.

On a serious note, Bomberman in Brawl would be one of the most logical additions. The movesets here prove he can be implemented. I've said it before and I'll say it again Bomberman is a frign' legend. Aside from Ridley, Bomberman is my 2nd most wanted character. Bomberman for Brawl.

Del Money

Smash Champion
its weird...everyone keeps ignoring RDK's sprited Bomberman moveset...

anyways since Sega will most definitely screw over Sonic fans yet again. Mega Man and Bomberman should take those 3rd party slots

Bomberman 4 Brawl

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Spriteset
Very good aids. Pictures make things easier to visualize (obviously), but for true perfection, try animating it.

I'm a bit confused about the bombs. It says that you press A + direction to throw it, but it also says he has a regular moveset, which would never be used due to people always keeping bombs out.

The graphic of the line bomb is also a bit confusing. I'm assuming from the name that he throws out several bombs, each a different distance, and they all land to make a line of explosions. However, the image could be construed with each of the bombs being another frame of the same bomb. You should draw some lines between things to stop the confusion.

Also, while there's nothing wrong with the moveset per se, it doesn't seem Bomberman, plus it's a bit of a rip-off of several other people's. I'm just not a fan of the whole "spawning bombs" thing. Where does it come from? Why should we make up an ability for Bomberman, instead of some one who has no abilities? The concept is okay, it should just be given who's done it before (it could have worked for Yoshi, could still be used on Captain Olimar) or has never done anything before (uhhh... I can't think of anyone...).
Your moveset also solves a problem the others' have but also takes away from it's originality. The problem is "how would this work on Kirby," the originality is the "gimmick (in a good way)" of having a character whose every ability is affected by a central, unique propety.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
RDK props for the moveset, well thought out.

One question, during the neutral B move where Bomberman is surrounded by 3 bombs; will this work the same as the shield idea, so that if the bombs are not used after a set time limit they will explode irrespective if you throw them?

The moveset definitely indicates the potential that exists with Bomberman and I especially like the idea of a remote bomb as the down B; maybe it should do more then damage then the neutral B bombs.

As a side note I was thinking Bomberman should have the unique capabilty of kicking Bob-ombs when they appear on the field, even if they are walking across the stage. What do you guys think? I think it would be a nice touch.

Bomberman for Brawl.

anyways since Sega will most definitely screw over Sonic fans yet again. Mega Man and Bomberman should take those 3rd party slots
Here's hoping Sega screw up so there's space for Bomberman :)

THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE MOMENTUM. BOMBERMAN FOR BRAWL! HELL YEAH!

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
So i guess that fanart contest is over....

Moving on, very well thought out moveset RDK. However, personally, i dont favor the Bomb Sheild idea though it is very unique.

Anyone have any topics? This thread cannot die.

~Bomberman 4 Brawl!~

RDK

Smash Hero
@Cubelarooso

I get what you're saying about the oiriginality factor, but then again, you could argue the same point about several other characters, so I'm still content with the bomb system.

I'm a bit confused about the bombs. It says that you press A + direction to throw it, but it also says he has a regular moveset, which would never be used due to people always keeping bombs out.
You're right, I never really reviewed it well--I guess I still have some kinks to work out. Then again, he doesn't ALWAYS have bombs out, but I should make his regular A moves more accessible.

One question, during the neutral B move where Bomberman is surrounded by 3 bombs; will this work the same as the shield idea, so that if the bombs are not used after a set time limit they will explode irrespective if you throw them?
The only way the bombs will explode while they're ready for use is if you shield and wait to long, or if you shield and your opponent attacks you. They won't explode on their own while you dance around.

I especially like the idea of a remote bomb as the down B; maybe it should do more then damage then the neutral B bombs.
It does. :)

As a side note I was thinking Bomberman should have the unique capabilty of kicking Bob-ombs when they appear on the field, even if they are walking across the stage. What do you guys think? I think it would be a nice touch.
I'll have to add that in their somewhere too, along with fixing his A moves. At first I thought that instead of designating a specific B-move for it, you could just attack bombs that have been thrown with his A moves and it would act like a bomb kick.

Thanks for the support, guys.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
With those edits the move set seems a plausible one.

I really like the idea of him being able to kick Bob-omb's as it would be a unique capability specific to Bomberman, which eludes to his capabilities within his games.

This thread seems depressingly neglected at the moment and needs more posts. How do people think Bomberman could potentially fit into the Subspace story? The idea of him being incorporated into it doesn't seem too far fetched to me. In fact, he could be the bomb expert :) What do you guys think?

Bomberman for Brawl.

RDK

Smash Hero
Seeing as how he lives on Planet Bomber, and most of his games are set in a futuristic setting with ships and whatnot, he would be a perfect inclusion to the storyline.

Plus, Bomberman has been with Nintendo since the days of the NES. His series of games is one of Nintendo's first great multiplayer games, and I think it's time he gets the respect he deserves.

I also hate it when people dismiss him because they don't think he could have a potential moveset. It makes me want to punch a baby.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'm more interested in Bman's feel!
Diddy's MS isn't exactly special and in that thread, the main argument was that his movement would be key to his character. Imo, Bman is a mid-heavy weight with a good first jump, horrible second, and a GREAT UpB where he explodes himself and flies in a lob as if someone through him 60 degrees. He wouldn't slide like Luigi but would have similar speed ratios. Myabe slightly faster faller and more of a large Ness body-type.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Diddy's MS isn't exactly special and in that thread, the main argument was that his movement would be key to his character. Imo, Bman is a mid-heavy weight with a good first jump, horrible second, and a GREAT UpB where he explodes himself and flies in a lob as if someone through him 60 degrees. He wouldn't slide like Luigi but would have similar speed ratios. Myabe slightly faster faller and more of a large Ness body-type.

Dynamism

Smash Lord

Dynamism

Smash Lord

RDK

Smash Hero
Holy crap, Dyna. You must've accidentally posted that like 10 times because the site was being a douche.

Good points, though, on his handling and whatnot, except for his weight. I think that he'd be more like Mario in terms of weight / mass.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Plus, Bomberman has been with Nintendo since the days of the NES. His series of games is one of Nintendo's first great multiplayer games, and I think it's time he gets the respect he deserves.

I also hate it when people dismiss him because they don't think he could have a potential moveset. It makes me want to punch a baby.
**** straight. It's about time the Bman gets some respect.

Bomberman's inclusion would mean that a true gaming great will be included in the roster for Brawl. He would make a great inclusion, has a great potential moveset and would add depth to the roster.

Bomberman for Brawl.

.... on a sidenote Dynamism i guess your having the same trouble I was having with posting. At least it increased the posts lol

RDK

Smash Hero
Anyone have any ideas for what his costume would look like? I say we have another art contest. It'll at least get the blood pumping through this thread.

The new Ridley thread has only been alive about a week, and they already beat us in post count.....

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
I was browsing Google Images and stumbled upon this image from Bomberman Live. I think it would make a great costume set for Brawl. Anyone else think so?

RDK

Smash Hero
I was browsing Google Images and stumbled upon this image from Bomberman Live. I think it would make a great costume set for Brawl. Anyone else think so?
That's pretty funny. Are you sure they aren't from Bomberman Land? They look a little familiar....

Even though I'm a little fond of the regular white, black, red, and blue Bomberman costumes, those are good possibilities.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
They might be from Bomberman Land, I don't play Bomberman all that much, and that is what i said on the Image Results.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Im just not going to post here please dont mention B man to me in other threads.

Thank you for following these set guide lines lest you face thine fury (That sounds like a film...)

RDK

Smash Hero
Im just not going to post here please dont mention B man to me in other threads.

Thank you for following these set guide lines lest you face thine fury (That sounds like a film...)
Here's an idea....if you have such a problem with him, stay out of the Bomberman thread. Since, this is, you know, designated for discussion ABOUT BOMBERMAN.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Im saying to Bomber man people just don't mention him to me OUTSIDE of it talk to your hearts content here i have no intent on trolling...

bored

Smash Ace

Lol if that clown outfit is an alternate costume in brawl I would so main bomberman, even if he does suck...:laugh:

RDK

Smash Hero
Im saying to Bomber man people just don't mention him to me OUTSIDE of it talk to your hearts content here i have no intent on trolling...
Lol, kk, sorry. I'm a little testy today.

Lol if that clown outfit is an alternate costume in brawl I would so main bomberman, even if he does suck...
He wouldn't; he would be so top tier, he'd be broken. You won't even be able to use him in tourneys.

Conker1

Smash Ace
Bomberman Live! on the 360 has kick-(re)started the franchise. I think he has a far better chance of being in SSBB than people think he does.

He has like 50 costumes in that game btw.

RDK

Smash Hero

^ Here are some more. Pirate + Roman Guard = win.

All I can say is if they use his Halo-ish outfit from Act Zero, there's a raiding party at Konami HQ, and you're all invited.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Those are some great alternate costumes, i wish they'd use some instead of a different colored Bomberman. I personally like the Pirate the best, are there any of him in a Knight costume?

RDK

Smash Hero
Those are some great alternate costumes, i wish they'd use some instead of a different colored Bomberman. I personally like the Pirate the best, are there any of him in a Knight costume?
Yeah, you can mix different costume pieces in Bomberman 64, and you can give him an all-knight outfit, complete with sword.

Lemme see if I can capture a screenshot of it on PJ64.

P.S: Let's try to get this thread's post count over 1,000. We need to beat the Ridley thread! On with the B-man discussion.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Yeah, you can mix different costume pieces in Bomberman 64, and you can give him an all-knight outfit, complete with sword.

Lemme see if I can capture a screenshot of it on PJ64.

P.S: Let's try to get this thread's post count over 1,000. We need to beat the Ridley thread! On with the B-man discussion.
I'm pretty sure I played that game, remind me about it a little bit. I remember collecting the different outfits in one game, that was so much fun to do..

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure I played that game, remind me about it a little bit. I remember collecting the different outfits in one game, that was so much fun to do..
Yea, i loved that game. Hopefully theyll include alt. costumes in Brawl, that way we can bring those costumes back (especially the Knight) along with the newer ones from the Wii.
But you cant forget the classics...

We are gunna need a determined troller or a decent topic to beat the new Ridley thread.
Any thoughts?

JGTC

Smash Cadet
Subscribing to this thread.
Bomberman FTW!!!
On a side note, am I the only one here who enjoyed Bomberman Hero?

Top Bottom