• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bleach

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Like, the potentials are the only aspect interesting now. Who are the potentials, what constitutes someone being capable of becoming a war potential. It's nearly certain it has to do with bankai, given that Kenpachi and Ichigo are potentials, the former not having one and the latter's bankai unsealable.

But I read back and found that Aizen was asked to become a potential, so I'm guessing he actually isn't one of the original five. Aizen also never really had anything to do with bankai aside from the Hougyoukou I guess?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
^the only person who watches the anime
I was referring to the latest manga episode, but until you posted this, I realized how Ichigo has always been doing weird stuff in the middle of each battle, and keeps surprising everyone with new bull**** abilities that are always the Deus ex Machina they needed...

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I was referring to the latest manga episode,

Manga is released in chapters. Anime is released in episodes.

I realized how Ichigo has always been doing weird stuff in the middle of each battle, and keeps surprising everyone with new bull**** abilities that are always the Deus ex Machina they needed...
A little on the slower side are we?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Manga is released in chapters. Anime is released in episodes.
I'll be sure to use the right term from now on.

A little on the slower side are we?
Bleach is not my favourite, and it's so slow that I simply don't care enough to connect every possible dot.
I really liked it back then, but at this point I just keep reading it out of inertia to see how it ends.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Warring potentials: Ichigo Kurosaki, Kenpachi Zaraki

Possible potentials: Kisuke Urahara, Retsu Unohana, Uryuu Ishida, Ryuken Ishida, Isshin Kurosaki, Grimmijow, Halibel

Miscellaneous: Sosuke Aizen, Shigekuni Yamamoto

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I can see Uryuu as war potential, after all it was said before that his father (thus, himself) belong to another Quincy party with a different method.

Also, it would be a shame if the series end and we don't get to see Yachiru in battle.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I think Uryuu definitely has something to do with being a potential. I remember Kirge mentioning that Uryuu's abilities should be stronger than him, shocking Ichigo. And I find it hard to believe a Quincy as one of the main supporting characters won't be included in the last arc regarding Quincies.

This series better end after we've seen Unohana, Kyoraku, and Ukitake's bankai.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
And Aizen is Ichgo's real father.

And Aizen's motives were actually for the greater good.

:cool:

And Aizen.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
mahou sensei negima ended badly because (imo) wtf loose ends and a rushed conclusion, whereas this appears to be kubo filling in (unnecessarily) everything he deems to be a loose end...so i have to disagree, it looks like the absolute opposite of what happened to negima

this is literally just ichigo awakening the power the arc's enemies have (seriously, think about it) for the sixth or seventh time now (usually as he's about to die), and kubo feels like he needs to elaborate on how ichigo is suddenly part-german for no good reason

ugh this series is killing my english

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That was all levels of dumb.

Ichigo being ALSO part quincy sounds like a bad written fanfic where the protagonist has to be somehow related to everything.
At this point if feels like Kubo is filling plot holes with a cheap substance.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Part-human part-shinigami part-hollow part-Vaizard part-Arrancar part-Quincy part-Fullbring part-hougyoku part-Aizen part-football player part-water polo player part-Mexican part-Japanese part-autbot part-knightmare frame part-gundam part-spaceship, we praise thee.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Part-human part-shinigami part-hollow part-Vaizard part-Arrancar part-Quincy part-Fullbring part-hougyoku part-Aizen part-football player part-water polo player part-Mexican part-Japanese part-autbot part-knightmare frame part-gundam part-spaceship, we praise thee.
And then Ichigo remembered his green lantern ring that he had gotten when he joined the green lantern corps and also that he was a kryptonian. So he beat up all the bad guys but then zombies appeared and he started killed the zombies but then Urahara said "Stop Ichigo dont killing them" and ichigo said "But i have to kill the monsters" and then urahara said "No ichigo, you are the monsters"

And then Ichigo was a zombie.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did anyone read Mahou Sensei Negima? You should look it up, easily one of the worst endings to a long running manga ever. Bleach appears to be going in the same direction
I was massively disappointed with the ending of Negima.

Maybe Manga writers should plan out the series from start to finish before they start making it.

Sometimes it seems like they are making it 1 issue at a time

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm a bit indifferent towards this revelation. I don't really mind it, but I'm annoyed on one of the things aussie actually brought up. Ichigo has some power from the enemy in every arc.
Sometimes it seems like they are making it 1 issue at a time
I know Toriyama admitted that he didn't plan ahead much when he wrote stuff lol.
Luckily that didn't turn out too bad for a good majority of the series.
Outta curiosity, what would you guys have done with Bleach? Since it seems everyone complains a lot about it.
End it at Soul Society.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Outta curiosity, what would you guys have done with Bleach? Since it seems everyone complains a lot about it.
Have it make sense, and consistent. Plus, would have liked to have seen the king or whatever who the soul society divisions are defending sooner, like, after the soul society arc

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I'd say the biggest mistake he made (and thus something I would change) was forcing Ichigo to lose his powers just so he could gain them back.
and not only gain them back, but he's like... new and improved. It hurts the integrity of tension in the future cuz we'll just figure "meh... he'll probably gain a new power or something." It makes us not care because we all know it's a graceless cop out. And he just keeps giving us graceless cop outs

The second biggest mistake (a very close second) is the inclusion of the Fullbring arc.

Completely worthless arc, that one. There are surely better ways to get Ichigo to get his powers back than to introduce a villain like he did after Aizen. At least in this arc Aizen is somehow still involved with implications that there are these war potentials. Affiliating Aizen with a larger group like that is really the only way to trump Hueco Mundo. So he should have done that right afterward.

I'm really indifferent toward Aizen evolving in every panel toward the end of that arc. I think the biggest two flaws thus far are those two at the top of the post.

and, well... making Ichigo a mongrel of every ****ing category is pretty bad too.

Oh, and how he doesn't feed the hunger of his fans regarding characters he knows we all like. Not to say he should be a whore to fan service, but it'd be nice if we didn't have to wait this long for more references to Division 0. And I'd like to see more of actual Zangetsu. And everyone knows it would be a ****ing atom bomb of splooge if Kenpachi learned his sword's name.
There's just a lot of things he is able to show us that he doesn't. And One Piece does that too, but OP occupies us with new protagonists having new problems in new places, whereas in Bleach the only thing that changes are the villains as if they're waiting in line with numbered tickets.

tl;dr: **** you

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
See, I've got a couple of gripes with the series myself, granted I'm more optimistic in that nothing is perfect.

A couple of revisions here and there, but ending it on Soul Society arc (which would mean no sudden "LOL AIZEN BETRAYAL" to prevent further arcs) or ending it at the final battle between Aizen and Ichigo.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
^If it would have ended after Ichigo-Aizen, with Ichigo losing all of his powers and stuff, it would've been pretty cool.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
^That's why I count "bleach" now as a complete new series, since bleach ended for me after that fight.
Now it's not bleach, but power rangers and a bunch of stuff combined.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
To me, Ichigo becoming a Shinigami was cool. Getting his powers back and forming a Hollow from it, and thus gaining all the Vizard-like abilities from it? Cool.

Quincy? ... okay. I'll give it a chance. :p

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I just don't see why Kubo felt the need to box himself in with that setup where ichigo being part quincy was the only way the story could progress. Why aren't all the abilities he's gotten up to now enough? Because this is not a good development

:phone:

Top Bottom