• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bleach

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Of course it is.

The italicized "Technically" is probably going to be looked down upon moreso than it will be viewed positively.

I see it as something positive.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
This will all be acceptable if Ichigo is under the influence of Kyoka Suigetsu. If not...
I don't see how he could be under the influence of Kyoka Suigetsu (KS)...unless the wily Aizen released it while they were chatting their lazy butts off...

Wow, that would be a whole new level of ****.

Imagine this: the entire story so far has been in Ichigo's head because he's still in a coma from when 'Hime hit her head against his after Aizen, Gin and Tosen originally defected. Remember? On the Sokyoku Hill? That would be hillarriiiiouussssss.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
You know, this last transformation could have been cool if Kubo had spaced them out and kept Aizen from getting out of everything due to sheer gayness. I mean, there should have been a least a better feeling of "evolution" every time he transformed instead of using it as a plot device every ****ing time he started to lose.

Too bad Kubo is obviously a bad author/whatever he's called. :ohwell:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Maybe he's been drunk the entire past 50 chapters and didn't realize he was retaining the same plot device.

Maybe, just maybe.
Probably not. :(

I bet that Ichigo will turn out to be a
descendant of the former king of soul society (who is likely to be dead considering the fact that we've heard nothing about him, lol), and Aizen has been strengthening Ichigo so that he can absorb him and become the next king of SS.

So Ichigo is basically a living one piece royal key.

It's that or my "Ichigo's mom is a hollow lol" theory.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
It's that or my "Ichigo's mom is a hollow lol" theory.
I read this as "Ichigo's mom is a ho lol". Not gonna lie.

roflmao thats probly it.
Yeah, it does make a lot of sense. There's a psychological concept called like state of memory or something where if you retain something in one state you'll best remember it in said state. Kubo used the plot device while drunk while making a chapter. The next time he makes a chapter, he's drunk and needs a plot device. Suddenly, he remembers what he did for the last chapter and uses that. Rinse and repeat about 50 times.

D

Deleted member

First the Espada arc ends so ridiculously, now this? Bleach was going really well for a long time, it's just these few recent chapters which have been horrible.

Then again, writing good endings is extremely difficult for any writer. I can't think of many mangas which I have felt had satisfying endings.

Thino

Smash Master
its like every transformation Aizen gets uglier and turned into ridicule, I really hope there will be something after that final getsuga tenshou

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I know there's an Isshin arc to come. I'm just saying if this arc ended right now. No ending. Complete cliffhanger and went to a new arc I would be happy with that.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Sure, but does Kubo Tite talk about which arc will come after which?

I read about something like this, but I can't remember where...

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
We completely skipped an entire training montage of how Ichigo became so tremendously powerful. Likewise, that means we didn't have to read through 15 volumes of nonstop talking.

I don't know if I should be complaining or not.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Gaylord M. Aizen
I'm sorry to say this, but back during the Shinigami arc, I actually thought Aizen was sorta cool for pulling off his mass deception. Steel balls.

Turns out, those steel balls are nothing but aluminum ball bearings whose appearance is held up by the Hogyoku.

XD

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Why are you guys such poop heads about these latest chapters? It's just a fight scene, quit raggin'.

For me, it remains a visually impressive manga with characters I like watching develop.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
quit raggin'.
He draws extremely well. No contest.

weaboo rant

It's the same plot device used over and over I have a problem with. Not to mention Ichigo having almost no weaknesses. He one of the most skewed characters I've seen. If Kubo is pulling a Harry Potter number 7 fetish with Aizen, it's not winning me over.

Ichigo is a kid--a freakin' KID--who is outclassing the likes of Yamamoto (the really old guy who has been around for thousands of years and, therefore, should be pretty much invincible) and captains who have trained for much longer than the runt has been alive--and the Vizard (including former captains who mastered bankai and only had to deal with learning their Hollow Masks).

His own dad is a former shinigami (most probably a former captain) and he, too, has now paled in comparison to Ichigo.

The entire series seems like an inferior parody of DBZ, that's all.

/weaboo rant

§leepy God

Smash Master
I'm confused on what just happened, with
Aizen transforming.
This chapter is alright, all I want is for Aizen to die.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
lol, I did indeed scoff when he said "Is that all you've got?" in this latest chapter :p

Honestly I think the manga is at the point where the decisions it makes in the near future will determine if these latest chapters are working out. If this turns out to be the climax, I'll be dissapointed. But if it's a high point leading us into another arc (like, not a flashback), I think it can be vindicated.

There are just too many loose ends that I do indeed give Kubo the benefit of the doubt to resolve.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Aizen seems to continue to advance along the Hollow stages of the Hougyoukou, though. His limit was to surpass the space between Shinigami and Hollow, not to lean more to one alignment.

Just found that interesting.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If Aizen just kept his wits about him and didn't allow himself to get so cocky, it wouldn't be happening this way. Aizen would have likely been able to defeat Ichigo much easier if he simply played things more strategically.

He's now giving in to his Hollow side instead of surpassing both. He's failing to do what he sought; getting desperate.

Aizen sucks. lol

Top Bottom