• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Black Ops 2 thread.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Apparently a calling card you can earn by completing a FFA game flawlessly without using any leathal pointstreaks. Doubtful of getting that myself anytime soon, I dislike FFA. At least in pubs.:applejack:

Also, I wanna play with you guys. Any parties happening soon? Or has the SWF interest in this game depressed that much?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Sounds rough to get.

SWF interest is directly related to the amount of time FauxMcCloud and I spend online, apparently. This place was pretty dead until I showed up during winter break. Then interest died off a little after I went back to college. Then Faux broke his hand, and everything died. =/

Your fearless leader, Faux, will be back soon enough, guys.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Sounds rough to get.

SWF interest is directly related to the amount of time FauxMcCloud and I spend online, apparently. This place was pretty dead until I showed up during winter break. Then interest died off a little after I went back to college. Then Faux broke his hand, and everything died. =/

Your fearless leader, Faux, will be back soon enough, guys.
MRW I get to play CoD with Delta:

But seriously, when we all party up and play...I just get...so...so happy...BibleThump.

Hopefully I'll only need another 3 weeks for the hand, but no guarantees. I'm deathly afraid of the whole thing btw. My pinky has some malrotation, I bruised my ring finger pretty bad, and the 5th metacarpal in my hand was sticking upwards at a 30 degree angle. I have it in just a brace right now which I can take off, but I'm literally too afraid to take it off because my hand is so fragile. Not sure if anyone else here has had bad experiences with broken bones before, but it reeeeeally sucks. :(

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
MRW I get to play CoD with Delta:

But seriously, when we all party up and play...I just get...so...so happy...BibleThump.

Hopefully I'll only need another 3 weeks for the hand, but no guarantees. I'm deathly afraid of the whole thing btw. My pinky has some malrotation, I bruised my ring finger pretty bad, and the 5th metacarpal in my hand was sticking upwards at a 30 degree angle. I have it in just a brace right now which I can take off, but I'm literally too afraid to take it off because my hand is so fragile. Not sure if anyone else here has had bad experiences with broken bones before, but it reeeeeally sucks. :(
The turning point of your life: breaking your hand while raging at Black Ops 2.

From that day forward, Stofan became more calm, more tempered... He was the most stoic, unprovokable soul known to mankind... He used his new found abilities to bless the world with his knowledge and talent, which, now unhindered by the simple passions of rage and frustration, were nearly incomprehensible to mere mortals.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion

From that day forward, Stofan became more calm, more tempered... He was the most stoic, unprovokable soul known to mankind... He used his new found abilities to bless the world with his knowledge and talent, which, now unhindered by the simple passions of rage and frustration, were nearly incomprehensible to mere mortals.
Can't wait to hear him raging again once he's back in action :troll:

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion

Lmfao. "A Gift in Disguise" - a short story by Deltod

I'll probably end up throwing my xbox out the window after my first game back. :troll:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I have been, HarmS? I played almost whenever I could from Saturday to Tuesday, Wednesday was when there was bad weather, and I'm not at my house right now. Sowee though.:applejack:

I miss you too Briaaaaan. <3333

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Friend goes on a 28 gun streak.

Host migrates.

Respawns him, despite not having died, with everything reset to 0.

He raged so hard.

Grandeza

Smash Master
For anyone curious (and if my opinion holds any merit) my thoughts on the new zombie map, Die Rise:

First impression was, damn this map is huge. This will take for ever to be able to visualize in my head. Woah, vertical gameplay! Vertical gameplay on this scale is unprecedented in zombies. Ok Five had 3 floors but this is different. Wow this map is difficult.

Impressions after a day of playing: Ok this isn't as hard to get the hang of as I thought. The wonder weapon is solid and fun. This feels like zombies again!

Current feelings(about zombies in Black Ops 2 and Die Rise specifically):

Treyarch, I don't like the direction zombies is going in. Tranzit is, in my opinion, the epitome of what zombies should not be. I didn't fall in love with a game mode that was so complicated. When Ascension came out, I thought wow this zombie map is huge. Then Call of the Dead was even bigger and I thought wow there is no limit! It was my opinion that bigger zombie maps were the best way to go, but I was wrong. There comes a point when a map is too big. And that point is when you need ****ing public transportation to get from one section to another.

But back to Die Rise itself. Die Rise is the biggest zombie map today minus tranzit and believe me, it's way more fun. But there are some things that totally irk me. Vertical gameplay sucks. The elevator system sucks. Reviving people might as well be impossible. How can I possibly risk going to revive someone if they're on the roof and I'm in another building. I would need to get to the appropriate building and wait for an elevator to come take me to the roof mid round. It's impossible and it only leads to frustration. I could go on and be more specific, but it's not necessary. I think zombies needs to go back to its roots with big maps(to a point) spread out horizontally and not vertically. That said, Die Rise is still a huge improvement over Tranzit.

Fletch

Smash Master
TranZit is awful. I used to love Zombies in WaW and BO1 (even made it to level 80 on Kino with my roommate in Kino der Toten) and I'd be more than happy at this point if they'd just release the old maps. I refuse to play Zombies now; Nuketown Zombies looks like it would be fun, but there is unfortunately no reasonable way to get it.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I got a fantastic idea from twitter. When I'm playing again, we need to get a full team of people setting down riot shields and camping behind them with target finder MK48s. :troll:

Fletch

Smash Master
I got a fantastic idea from twitter. When I'm playing again, we need to get a full team of people setting down riot shields and camping behind them with target finder MK48s. :troll:
Does the Riot Shield glitch still work? For those not in the know, you can spam tons of them on the ground at the start of a match by setting it down and switching classes to another class with an assault shield, and place down a bunch of them. Only works until you're not allowed to change classes with the same life. Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnqtCFLHE8w

If you could combo the glitch with that idea...

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Does the Riot Shield glitch still work? For those not in the know, you can spam tons of them on the ground at the start of a match by setting it down and switching classes to another class with an assault shield, and place down a bunch of them. Only works until you're not allowed to change classes with the same life. Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnqtCFLHE8w

If you could combo the glitch with that idea...
I'm pretty sure they fixed that last patch.

mitch2302

Smash Journeyman
I might never prestige... unless i get to play hardpoint with team SWF on doublexp weekends, i dont really see a point.

anywho, what are people's XBL gamertags again? if you still dont have me, add me!

GT: RoleMoDL

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Now I'm not one to go quickscoping and all, but I just picked up a DSR near the end of a game and went on a streak with it, but the damn theater isn't showing the end of that half of the Domination game.

>:I

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Thunder just went in, and I doubt he's coming back out.:applejack:

Needs moar parties. Sorry that I left so abruptly last night, Thunder.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Well, that too, but my primary reason is how **** my gameplay has been in this game since the weekend. I went from 1.37 to 1.29 in less than 5 days. My accuracy just chokes in pubs now, and I now feel like I struggle to get kills in my matches. Initially, I just kept telling myself that bull**** managed to keep happening to me, but then I began doing consistently terrible in my games, going positive once every blue moon. I put the game down, and went back to MW3. Did awesome, actually had fun. Came back, still ****. Put CoD down for a day or two, came back, still ****. Then came last night where I got to play with you, and I don't know what my deal is, but I think I only went positive once. I had several games where my performance was completely abysmal, and I felt like a letdown. If we do get a party going for this game again, I don't want to be costing the team games.

I used to have days like these in MW3 and Blops1, but I don't think they were this bad. Even then, if I was having a bad day in one, I'd just switch to the other and do excellent, usually Blops1. Hopefully I pick back up soon, I am not feeling this at all. I want to enjoy this game.:applejack:

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Stuff and things
Don't worry about the letting the team down stuff too much. I don't care about that as much. Also, it's hard to be consistent in this game because of the connection bs that's prevalent. Trust me, I really wanna like this game too but atm it's super difficult to do so.

Speaking of which, jesus ******* christ I can't stand this anymore. While playing today, the only things that would happen to me was either I get destroyed from the direction I decide not to head towards while navigating the map, or I'd get destroyed by a person that'd appear out of nowhere even though I checked all of my surroundings before heading in a direction. All because of the goddamn horrible cameraview system. I'd die to someone that seemed to appear from nowhere, watch the killcam, and I see myself looking at the person coming from around a corner or something even though they weren't visible at all on my screen.

It's just so dumb. Again I want to like this game, but the main problems that currently exist aren't being addressed whatsoever, hell even being ignored as there's no mention of these problem from Treyarch.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
decided to sit down and play this game seriously for the first time in the year. This is the lobby zatch and I got put into right away

why treyarch why

Top Bottom