• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Biggest Upset of All Time?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Fly Amanita vs Hbox
Wobbles vs DaShizWiz
Axe vs Jman (Genesis)
Mango vs Mew2king (Pound 3)
Darrell vs Hax
Replicate vs Hax
Kage vs Mango
Raistlin vs Axe
Scorpion Master vs HugS, Zhu, SilentSpectre

The Star King

Smash Hero
I found Shroomed beating 3-0ing both Mango and Lucky and winning a tournament entitled "Shroomed Sucks" pretty upsetting.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Pc beating ken, easily the biggest...wait...probably when taj and forward broke ken and isai's perfect win streak

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Ever since Genesis:
-> Armada vs Mango WF's, Genesis, 2009
-> Zhu vs Mew2King, LQ's, Genesis, 2009
-> Hungrybox's route to 3rd place at Genesis, 2009
-> Kage vs Mango LQ's, RoM2, 2009
-> SilentSpectre vs Armada, Pound IV, 2010
-> Axe vs DaShizWiz & Jman, Apex2, 2010
-> KirbyKaze vs Dr.PP WSF's, RoM3, 2010
-> Fly Amanita vs Hungrybox, DGDTJ, 2010

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
anyone who thought that Armada's "upset" at Genesis was being wayyy too cocky about European skill.

I'll divide this into pre-mango and mango era lolol. (Winner is shown first)

Doubles:

Old: Azen and Chillindude829 v. Ken/Isai

New(er): Mango/Lucky v. Ken/Isai

Singles:

Old: PC Chris v. Ken, Chillin v Ken, Kage v Mango

New: Mango v M2K

Special categories:
Biggest comeback/upset (in that sense :p): Amsah v. Ek
Biggest crew upset: EC v. WC at FC3

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Twice, you beat him twice.

Also, I've got to say Mango vs M2K at Pound 3.

And even if it was not as upsetting as the first, but it wasn't mentionned yet, SilentSpectre defeating Armada at Pound 4.
"That was only an upset for stupid people who wasnt up to date with who was actually good at smash at that time." :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

amsah vs Jman ad Pound 4
Wasn't an upset as much as it was upsetting. Everything hanging in the balance and Jman SD'd. I still think the 2 of them are on the same par. Not gonna say Amsah got lucky because that would be a lie and I don't lie....More like...Jman got unlucky if that makes sense XD.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
anyone who thought that Armada's "upset" at Genesis was being wayyy too cocky about European skill.
sounds like US players are being too cocky about their skill
inb4USvseurope

does anyone remember Tang vs Lunin?

i still get mindblown by that match, good **** mitchell :bee:

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I guess nobody wants to count Mango vs M2K at Evo because the matches were only best of one. Even so I'd put that about the Pound 3 upset, if only because that's the first time a lot of people even heard of Mango. By Pound 3 he actually had a name and people were talking about how well he'd do, so I would say that as an upset that set was smaller.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
I guess nobody wants to count Mango vs M2K at Evo because the matches were only best of one. Even so I'd put that about the Pound 3 upset, if only because that's the first time a lot of people even heard of Mango. By Pound 3 he actually had a name and people were talking about how well he'd do, so I would say that as an upset that set was smaller.
^This. I believe he also beat Ken a game or set during this tournament. Here is one of many reactions to this tournament. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2815564&highlight=mango#post2815564

Top Bottom