• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
This is a really good shenanigan, haha. Just grab off a plat, then drop into another grab if they expect an attack. It's super fun. :p

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I adivse it only to be done on people who fall faster than Dk, not slower.
But Snake is still okay. Infinite on Snake! ( Kind of ).

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I was playing around with doing this on platforms like the BF one, I didn't really find anything guaranteed off of it with most characters, except that it puts them in a really awkward situation that, as of now, they probably have never seen before.
But what if we caught someone with RC frames and walked them off? could we get a free headbutt?
I hear all this talk about how characters can jab through falco's phantasm and punish hard because he has to stand still. if we grabbed falco and did this walkoff from a platform, couldn't we punish super hard on that? this could apply to other characters too. I often pivot grab snake as he's falling to recover and he doesn't get a dj back. could we get shananigans off of that?
just a thought.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I belive we would be able to abuse RCO on SOME characters.
Most of them are able to Jump away + Air dodge before we can get an attack out.

Ike, Snake, Dk, and Bowser can be hit by Jab/ U-Tilt/ D-Tilt and probably grab and they can't avoid it.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Again, when I did 2 person testing, 0/10 times I got the footstool and got footstooled everytime I tried it. Not worth the risk at all unless you have a hunch your opponent won't be mashing jump for some reason. But up-b always worked, at least against all of Snake and Olimar's options. I guess I'm happy with just Up-b but I don't see anything else working at all.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I've already stated that it is impossible to foot stool anyone if they Di away and jump.

If you try it to Falco, he can spike you with Phantasm and you have no jump.

Only go for Up B, unless they have no idea how to avoid this, and only do it to fast fallers. Or characters who fall faster than Dk.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
At least we have a guaranteed cargo release -> UpB! This does much damage and can set up a gimp, that's already awesome! :p

If a character manages to grab the ledge after the cargo release, does that mean that we're not walking correctly? Or is it simply impossible to UpB the character?

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
And now it's gonna die in a few days. xD

Raz made fun of our thread saying it was really alive. Why isn't our thread alive, anyway? Like, why isn't there a constant stream of matchup discussion or whateverrrr. Iunno. I'm saying words.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
In doubles, there was a 2 vs 1.
The team Dk had was left, vs a Marth.
Dk gets Nair'd at 180%, Marth walks away,
Noticing the Dk didn't Up B Cancel, knew he would die.
Marth starts ****** Dk's team mate, Lucario.
You hear a small and slow "Tap tap", repeating.
The "Tap Tap" stops.
Marth gimps the Lucario.
Being happy of the gimp, Marth ledge h-..

..Marth warps off screen.
And there, at 198%. Stood a Dk that refused to die.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
No, some characters can just grab the ledge... :/

Btw, I'll have 3 matches of my DK on youtube soon, I'll be glad if you coulp help me! :p

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
..Marth warps off screen.
And there, at 198%. Stood a Dk that refused to die.
This sounds like the kind of scary story parents would tell their children. "Now remember, little Marth, always look both ways before gimping the Lucario or else the big scary DK will get you!"

D0N

Smash Ace
I just happened to see something about some new DK stuff today and its dead before I even really know what it is? how lame.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I just happened to see something about some new DK stuff today and its dead before I even really know what it is? how lame.
This is what happened.

> Will discovers something really cool, and tests it by himself.
> Dk's start testing by themself.
> Poke starts testing like Mad on everything, finds very interesting situations for it.
> Will continues to test.
> Poke continues to test.
> Luigi_Player states that Snake continues to foot stool him out of this.
> Poke and Will theory craft.
> Poke tests. "Anyone who falls slower than Dk can not be foot stooled, however, we still can Up B unless they Di in".
> Testing continues.. Poke finds only Up B will ever work. The foot stool will never ever hit if they know how to avoid it.

> Will keeps wishing Poke is wrong.

This happened in the span of.. 2-3 days ?

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
The foot stool will never ever hit, well, shouldn't ever hit because you can avoid it.

We can ONLY get an Up B and that works on Snake/ Falco/ Basically anyone who falls faster than us.

Luigi player

Smash Master
when I tested it on snake/falco they were always too far away from me horizontally

edit: I tested it with another player

crifer

Smash Lord
In training mode I get the footstool on snake, but not on falco.
I just tried it out on wifi vs snake and got footstooled every time, but upB worked.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
This is what happened.

> Will discovers something really cool, and tests it by himself.
> Dk's start testing by themself.
> Poke starts testing like Mad on everything, finds very interesting situations for it.
> Will continues to test.
> Poke continues to test.
> Luigi_Player states that Snake continues to foot stool him out of this.
> Poke and Will theory craft.
> Poke tests. "Anyone who falls slower than Dk can not be foot stooled, however, we still can Up B unless they Di in".
> Testing continues.. Poke finds only Up B will ever work. The foot stool will never ever hit if they know how to avoid it.

> Will keeps wishing Poke is wrong.

This happened in the span of.. 2-3 days ?
I tested on people around here in matches, so some of the stuff will work as long as they aren't expecting it... glad I was mentioned. :D

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I couldn't remember all the Dk's off the top of my head, so I said "Dk's".

But, them falling faster than Dk isn't why we can't foot stool them.
You're able to Di the release and when they Di away from Dk, the character falls too far forward.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
I couldn't remember all the Dk's off the top of my head, so I said "Dk's".

But, them falling faster than Dk isn't why we can't foot stool them.
You're able to Di the release and when they Di away from Dk, the character falls too far forward.
Just the way I took it, the way you said you "tested it like mad and found interesting situations" made it seem like you did all the work and found out everything. The DK's started testing by themselves. *I* found interesting situations for it.

Anyway, good stuff to Will and Poke at SiD8, although Will prolly shouldn't have lost to Cmedu. :p

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Sorry for the wording. I did do a lot of testing, and had already known what you had posted.
I just was really really lazy about it. But, good stuff to Dk's discovering a New Gimmick and figuring it out entirely within a 2 day period.

Damn.. I sound REALLY arrogant when I say something. How do I word this differently..
Dk wrecks Marth is what we got from it all.

I'm happy/ sad I didn't use Falco against Will.
I spent two weeks studying the Mu. Then like "I can D3 this".
But, I'm happy because I wanted Will to win the tourney, and I knew my D3 would lose.

I'm also VERY happy I got 7th/32 going straight Dk.
Taking ToJoe to Game 3.
Only losing because I SD'd.

Note: Cp Mk to Lylat. It's AMAZING.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
Sorry for the wording. I did do a lot of testing, and had already known what you had posted.
I just was really really lazy about it. But, good stuff to Dk's discovering a New Gimmick and figuring it out entirely within a 2 day period.

Damn.. I sound REALLY arrogant when I say something. How do I word this differently..
Dk wrecks Marth is what we got from it all.

I'm happy/ sad I didn't use Falco against Will.
I spent two weeks studying the Mu. Then like "I can D3 this".
But, I'm happy because I wanted Will to win the tourney, and I knew my D3 would lose.

I'm also VERY happy I got 7th/32 going straight Dk.
Taking ToJoe to Game 3.
Only losing because I SD'd.

----------------------

S'all good, cutie. :3

The whole stream wanted Will to win. Seriously, when Tin won, everyoneeee left. It felt like *I* got knocked out when he did, as weird as that sounds.

Also, good stuff on the mostly straight DK! At our tourney a month ago I ended up beating our #1 who mains Wario with DK. And I beat him hard, and I usually never get close, haha. It's a good feeling. :)

Especially good stuff and taking TOJoe to game 3, he's a good MK.

Will still shouldn't have lost to Cmedu. xD<3

Neon!

Smash Lord
My honest opinion on DK's matchups.

-4: DDD
-3: MK, Olimar, IC
-2: ZSS, Diddy, Falco, Wario, Pit, Pika, Fox
-1: Sonic, Snake, Wolf, ROB, TL, PT, Sheik, GW
0: Peach, Lucario, Marth, Ike, Kirby, Yoshi
1: Samus, Luigi, Bowser, Falcon, Mario
2: Link, Zelda, Ganon
3: Lucas, Ness, Jiggs

Matchups within the same category are also ranked, those to the left are harder.

crifer

Smash Lord
My honest opinion on DK's matchups.

-4: DDD
-3: MK, Olimar, IC
-2: ZSS, Diddy, Falco, Wario, Pit, Pika, Fox
-1: Sonic, Snake, Wolf, ROB, TL, PT, Sheik, GW
0: Peach, Lucario, Marth, Ike, Kirby, Yoshi
1: Samus, Luigi, Bowser, Falcon, Mario
2: Link, Zelda, Ganon
3: Lucas, Ness, Jiggs

Matchups within the same category are also ranked, those to the left are harder.
Mine:

-4: D3
-3: MK
-2: Wario, Diddy,
-1: Fox, Olimar, ICs, Falco, ZSS, Samus, TL
0: Pit, Pika, Snake, Marth, Wolf, Link, ROB, GW, Peach, Lucario, Ike, Yoshi, Zelda
1: Bowser, Shiek, PT, Sonic, kirby, Luigi, Mario
2: Ganon, jiggs
3: Lucas, Ness

As fox/DK main I think Fox could beat DK by -2. It´s really nasty.
Warios should never loose to DK, bc they should know how to buffer cg us. And since bite, nair and a lot of other moves combo into grab... it´s really bad. I remember seeing Will getting bodied by a wario(former dk main) who could buffer cg us and he was like "wtf, didn´t know it was so bad".
If diddy sits down and camp hard, we lose, too.
I don´t think olimar is that bad.
Samus camps us had and it´s really hard to get in.

D0N

Smash Ace
Mine:

-3: MK
-2: Wario, Diddy,
-1: Fox, Olimar, ICs, Falco, ZSS, Samus, TL
0: Pit, Pika, Snake, Marth, Wolf, Link, ROB, GW, Peach, Lucario, Ike, Yoshi, Zelda
1: Bowser, Shiek, PT, Sonic, kirby, Luigi, Mario
2: Ganon, jiggs
3: Lucas, Ness

As fox/DK main I think Fox could beat DK by -2. It´s really nasty.
Warios should never loose to DK, bc they should know how to buffer cg us. And since bite, nair and a lot of other moves combo into grab... it´s really bad. I remember seeing Will getting bodied by a wario(former dk main) who could buffer cg us and he was like "wtf, didn´t know it was so bad".
If diddy sits down and camp hard, we lose, too.
I don´t think olimar is that bad.
Samus camps us had and it´s really hard to get in.
The Wario was probly Micaelis. I don't think I should input since I haven't played anyone in a good six months and that was only for about an hour, but Neons tiers are pretty much the same as mine except I'd drop Sheik a level.

Neon do you go to Austin much?

Luigi player

Smash Master
-2: MK, Olimar, Diddy
-1: Falco, Fox, ICs, ZSS, Wario
0: Toon Link, Pit, Pika, Snake, Marth, Wolf, Link, ROB, GW, Peach, Lucario, Ike, Sheik, Sonic
1: Bowser, PT, Kirby, Luigi, Samus, Zelda, Yoshi
2: Mario, Ganon, Lucas, Ness
3: Jiggs

That's about how I see it. Not too sure on some, but oh well.

Top Bottom