• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
wish I could come over to meet all of you but I have to waint a bit longer. No money and school isues. 2014 will be my year though =)

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
DK's should watch this stream around 2:30 ish! That's Nova Scotia time, so figure it out. XD

I'm in Winner's finals of Frag for Cancer against one of my best friends, Raz (Marth).

So basicallyyyyy... GET HYPE!

Also, using the Green DK for Will. <3

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Man Attila you didn't even link a stream you're making this hard dude.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
It's a double post, but I ended up getting 2nd out of 44. :)

Don't feel like posting this in the results thread thing, lol.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
You roll too much. It's like someone put your Dk inside a tire and set it to turbo.

But good Stuff making it to Grand Finals! Also, for Wario's Air release.
If Usmash/ Punch Kills him Earlier than Fsmash. Why not sneak a 21% with Fsmash for the damage ? ( It's bound to make his gut churn over thrice ).

Good Job on Raz too.
I tip my hat to that Clutch 9 Wind in the end.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
You roll too much. It's like someone put your Dk inside a tire and set it to turbo.

But good Stuff making it to Grand Finals! Also, for Wario's Air release.
If Usmash/ Punch Kills him Earlier than Fsmash. Why not sneak a 21% with Fsmash for the damage ? ( It's bound to make his gut churn over thrice ).

Good Job on Raz too.
I tip my hat to that Clutch 9 Wind in the end.
I rolled a ton 'cuz I was scared of that grab, and most of the time it got me out, too. I really only ever roll that much in doubles. xD I'm prolly just gonna stick IC's for Wario's, even though they'll prolly just time me out. I'd prefer to be the one doing the chaining. xD

And thanks. :) Stars aligned and I did well, nothing much else. I can say. xD

Also yeah, 21% prolly would be a good idea.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I thought Wario could jump out of the grab release before DK can F-Smash?
No, you need to buffer it though (I think). Some think Wario can escape with his bike, but that also isn't true.
DK can fsmash, fully charged punch and usmash (and more but those should be the best options).

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Wish I could've been on stream for my guys watching Retribution out there. I saw Will on the stream and I kinda screamed like a little girl for him. Oh well. I did pretty darn well. Results later.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
Wish I could've been on stream for my guys watching Retribution out there. I saw Will on the stream and I kinda screamed like a little girl for him. Oh well. I did pretty darn well. Results later.
Are there going to be actual matches of S2 on Youtube? :O

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
HA! No. For some reason the wiis I played on weren't hacked. And please don't expect me to beat people in 3 minutes :v.

zyth

Smash Lord
one thin I gotta say is that when you try to use the tilt advantage against warios CG dont upB to get out unless hes at high percent, He'll be ready to punish if u hit him with it at low percent so just jump out of his CG on the tilt.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Actually it's really ridiculous watching Bum and seeing how ahead of his time he was. A real shame he didn't continue.

It would've been cool playing on stream, I think I play a lot better with the hype behind me too. But at the same time it probably would've been me vs an IC player which would've been boring as hell.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
one thin I gotta say is that when you try to use the tilt advantage against warios CG dont upB to get out unless hes at high percent, He'll be ready to punish if u hit him with it at low percent so just jump out of his CG on the tilt.
I'll deff keep that in mind. I think some of the time I mash jump to get out while mashing in general, so yeah. Hopefully I don't have to resort to IC's next time while still keeping myself sane, lol.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Results? Who needs results when yo have this?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I've noticed that DK's will often (when the opponent is at high percents) go for things such as tipper jab --> grab/pivot grab, or tipper jab --> dsmash.

I'm assuming that the reason for this is that at lower percents, there's not enough hitstun to follow up due to the low knockback.

So I guess my question is, around say 100% on a lightweight, what is the frame advantage like on tipper jab? Is it ever >0 for DK? Does it actually true combo into grabs/dsmash, barring godlike SDI away to avoid it?

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
If Olimar Di's a Tipper Jab at 120% down, he can PS the Dsmash.
If Olimar Di's Up, he can Whistle ( And only whistle ) the Dsmash.
So the frame advantage IS there.
But it technically isn't enough for the Dsmash. Just the Grab, probably not Pivot grab.
Probably only +5 or +4.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Well, there's the presumable advantage from the jab itself alongside the landing lag they take, since the tipper jab generally forces them to land. It's kind of a mystery how many frames we get to work with, but I feel it's definitely possible to react to their DI and know if the d-smash will work or not.

And yeah I'm pretty sure the grab is guaranteed in every situation, except maybe one where they never land

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Finally got around to attending something yesterday! Here's the livestream from the entire day:

Attendees included: Nairo, ADHD, Orion, Keitaro, False, Raptor, MikeKirby, etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-nTmiLevBY&feature=plcp

All of my doubles matches were streamed/recorded (me + Orion), and my set with Keitaro was streamed as well.

My set vs Nairo wasn't on stream (lol) but it went to game 3 last hit. I choked super hard game 2 when I was up by a decent amount. Oh wellz, I got it next time?

Also I finally beat Keitaro again!! After losing the last 3 consecutive sets in past events haha. Nairo has it right guys, when Delfino is legal-- take fools there.

Oh yeah, I came in 2nd in doubles and 4th in singles. =x

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
I find the jab1-dsmashorgrab to be a practice kinda thing. You get a feel for it the more you do it obv, so yeah. I don't remember the last time someone in N.S. got out of it though, so if that helps? xD

Along with what V115 said, when people are kinda just jumping on the ledge and dropping down, etc., Dsmash is fun, but if you want a less punishable choice, jab1. #longsentence

If they're even slightly above the edge, you can just carry them towards you for the dsmash or grab. ^_^

Also HOLY **** at that last stock on YI against Nairo. xD

EVEN MORE HOLY **** at that start of last stock, g3!

Luigi player

Smash Master
Finally got around to attending something yesterday! Here's the livestream from the entire day:

Attendees included: Nairo, ADHD, Orion, Keitaro, False, Raptor, MikeKirby, etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-nTmiLevBY&feature=plcp

All of my doubles matches were streamed/recorded (me + Orion), and my set with Keitaro was streamed as well.

My set vs Nairo wasn't on stream (lol) but it went to game 3 last hit. I choked super hard game 2 when I was up by a decent amount. Oh wellz, I got it next time?

Also I finally beat Keitaro again!! After losing the last 3 consecutive sets in past events haha. Nairo has it right guys, when Delfino is legal-- take fools there.

Oh yeah, I came in 2nd in doubles and 4th in singles. =x
There are never vids of the most insteresting matches of you ;_;

Top Bottom