• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Better moves they could have given to characters?

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Pokemon Trainer has many "filler type moves"

Squirtle's SideB and Ivy's Dsmash to name a few <_<.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Mario: Needs his hover Fludd nozzle. It's just insane that they didn't add this in. As it is now Fludd does have its uses but it's still just... limited.

Sonic: His homing attack needs to travel in a straight line. In the games it's in it doesn't curve unless the enemy moves quickly, but in Brawl it always curves even if the other character stays still. It should work the same way here, even if only so that it feels more like the actual homing attack.

Ganondorf: Yeah, he needs some kind of projectile. It's TP Ganondorf but his moves are still basically the same as OoT's Ganondorf so...

Toon Link: Where to begin... They've been mentioned enough already though.

Just what comes to mind right now really.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Bowser: Down B should give a shield-breaker effect

I mean, how the hell can one block that?

Same with Link's Dair and Falcon/Warlock Punch, some stuff should be "Dodge Only"

Sonic's homing attack should be super-fast, like it is in his games

Yoshi's egg lay should be like it is in Sunshine: Long-ish range and homes in slightly

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
How about:

Ivysaur's down smash plants "Leech Seeds" on the ground, which grab the opponent for one second and deal them 8-12% (Depending on charge) and heal you the same amount. It would be like snake's Dsmash.

Ivysaur's Bullet Seed can be angled (not a new move, but it would be cool).

Lucario's Ftilt changed to "Metal claw." Similar animation to wolf's Ftilt, one hit, 11%, bit of lag, medium knockback, no aura boost.

Lucario's Down B, Double team, is changed to either Counter (Double damage counter to physical moves only), Me First, (Uses the foes attack at 1.5 times power(so laggy moves would still be laggy, so it would be fair)), or Detect (Like Olimar's Down B, but have 10 second cool down). Double team is a TM any way, so it would be more realistic to have one of the ones I suggested, or another move, take it's place.

Being able to charge Jigglypuff's sing to turn it into Hyper Voice. Probably a half second charge, double sing's hitbox with above average knockback and 10% for first hit, then 7% and average knockback for the rest, with sing's duration and lag. Still wouldn't help recovery though.

Sword Ganon. EPIC!

Costumes:

Lucario's Red costume is like his portrait on the stage select screen when he is picked.

Lucario's shiny costume for green team.

Shiny costumes for all other pokemon. Imagine black charizard, Light Green Ivysaur with a gold bulb, and squirtle with a green shell. Although out of those three charizard is the only amazing one, the rest are still pretty good however. Also, a dark orange pika, or a white(ish) jigglypuff wouldn't be too bad.

Ange

Smash Lord
Lucario's Down B, Double team, is changed to either Counter (Double damage counter to physical moves only), Me First, (Uses the foes attack at 1.5 times power(so laggy moves would still be laggy, so it would be fair)), or Detect (Like Olimar's Down B, but have 10 second cool down). Double team is a TM any way, so it would be more realistic to have one of the ones I suggested, or another move, take it's place.
Yeah I agree. Add to the fact that Double Team is a non-damaging move, causing its Brawl version to not really make sense. Also, Lucarios Up-B, Extremespeed, should do damage as it IS a damaging move in the games, so this move in Brawl doesnt make sense either.

Shiny costumes for all other pokemon. Imagine black charizard, Light Green Ivysaur with a gold bulb, and squirtle with a green shell. Although out of those three charizard is the only amazing one, the rest are still pretty good however. Also, a dark orange pika, or a white(ish) jigglypuff wouldn't be too bad.
Actually, ALL Pokemon in Brawl have its shiny color expect for Lucario and Charizard. Pika is the red-hat one, Jigglys is the strawhat and Squirtle and Ivysaur in their green costumes.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Have you seen Wario's d-throw?
Thats more like one of his wario world attacks though, i mean something more like bowsers down B

Yeah I agree. Add to the fact that Double Team is a non-damaging move, causing its Brawl version to not really make sense. Also, Lucarios Up-B, Extremespeed, should do damage as it IS a damaging move in the games, so this move in Brawl doesnt make sense either.
Have you seen the pokemon anime? attacks like double team and agility confuse the oppenent in the anime. There's almost no continuaty with those kinds of moves between the games and the anime. I do agree with your point though.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Snake...

OMG, change Snake's beastly attacks?! No, give him more taunts. As much as I don't taunt, it would be nice if he had different taunts. Some of my friends and I have tried to come up with taunts other than a box:

Snake kneels down and does his nano-transmitter call thing and says "Mission Complete" > Nice and easy

Snake takes out a cigarette and blows smoke to reveal lasers in front of him > I can see a public relations problem with this XD

Snake pulls out some food, eats it, and says "Mmm tasty" > No HP recovery

Snake puts on a Raiden Mask and wears it till he gets hit

I don't know. Just some ideas. Even though his box taunt can gimp, it gets boring after a while. It's not like you can walk around in the box like in the MGS series...

NNID
Budget_Player
Imagine using Hover Fludd... spikes at 0%.
Also, give Ness one or two good moves and I'll be happy.
Rocket Fludd, more like.
Honestly, the hover fludd would've been fine if it wouldn't spike so well... But rocket makes for recovery which is too good. What about the turbo fludd? Like Luigi's rocket, just powered by water and with backwards knockback if it hits near the beginning.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and give CF back his SSB64 moveset. Anyone remember the really fast Usmash elbow which had a hitbox like snake's utilt? Or the leg which outranged almost every other move in the game? Or what about Falcon Dive doing 20 damage? Good old days...

LuLLo

Smash Ace
They could've worked Samus out more, if they somehow made a triple-beam system work and still kept the Charge Shot. Think Powerbeam, Icebeam and Wavebeam, double-click B to switch. Ofcourse, Icebeam and Wavebeam wouldn't be as strong as Powerbeam, much much less damage, quicker shoothing, less knockback and Freeze and Stun effects. Ice Shot would freeze and give a light knockback of 60 degrees, Wave Beam would just stun and when charged a minimal stun of 1,5 second and slowly taking the opponent down.

bow master1

Smash Apprentice
hey lullo thats a preatty good idea they also should let samus shot her beam straight down when shes in the air.

AndreVeloso

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff to have double-edge as a Neutral B instead of Rollout. The Double Edge would be a similar animation to King Dedede's dash attack nut the same power and lag as a Falcon Punch.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
They could've worked Samus out more, if they somehow made a triple-beam system work and still kept the Charge Shot. Think Powerbeam, Icebeam and Wavebeam, double-click B to switch. Ofcourse, Icebeam and Wavebeam wouldn't be as strong as Powerbeam, much much less damage, quicker shoothing, less knockback and Freeze and Stun effects. Ice Shot would freeze and give a light knockback of 60 degrees, Wave Beam would just stun and when charged a minimal stun of 1,5 second and slowly taking the opponent down.
I agree that they could have had more beams for Samus. The Ice Beam is a great idea. One more beam, one less missile?

I think the problem might be that there are too many beams to choose from.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
What you have to bear in mind with Ganondorf is that his choice of weapon isn't fixed. While he did use a sword in Twilight Princess, he isn't known to always use one. For all we know he could go back to using a trident in the next Zelda, or even nothing at all. Where would that leave him in the next SSB? He'd be the most up-to-date design with a weapon and moveset that was only ever used in one game.

I'm actually happy with Ganon being a fist-fighter - they just need to weed out a few more of the cloned moves. Ones like down smash and neutral air are still distinctly Falcon, and not to mention crap.

Anyway, Toon Link has the most wasted potential. Obviously he turned out to be a pretty good character, but come on. Deku Leaf? Skull Hammer? Were these things even considered?

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Toon Link should have seriously had moves based off his debut game. The use of the Wind Waker would have brought a lot more for him in Brawl.

And Sonic needs to have less spin and roll attacks.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Yeah maybe even the Ice Beam/Wave Beam alone would be enough.
I shouldn't replace a missile with a beam, but instead combine the Power Beam and missiles for a Super Missile, which has a charge time of 2:30 and is incredibly strong, dealing 35% or so, having kill-power at 20% and the same flying speed as a normal missile. Oh the ideas just keep on coming...

Ange

Smash Lord
Have you seen the pokemon anime? attacks like double team and agility confuse the oppenent in the anime. There's almost no continuaty with those kinds of moves between the games and the anime. I do agree with your point though.
Never watched the Advanced generation seasons, but thanks for pointing that out. I do read about differences between the game and anime version of moves, so I guess Double Team is more or less based on its anime counterpart then.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
For what I think should be there, I've got a whole slew of stuff for Samus:

Change her bombs so they don't pop her up. They never have, and they really shouldn't. Bring back Morph Ball Canceling.

Instead of the midair bomb jump, give her six jumps, because it's ******** that Jigglypuff, who has never been attested to be able to jump more than once, gets so many, when Samus, who has been able to jump indefinitely since her second 2D installment, only gets one.

Her upB should be Shinespark, which would be similar to Firefox, Firebird, etc.

Keep her nair as a sex kick, but make the animation into the Screw Attack.

I feel like this would better reflect the way Samus actually plays and feels in the 2D games.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Though he's my main and I love his moves as they are, I think Wolf could have some better choices for B moves.

The machine gun from Assault could make a better choice than a blaster, and it could fire non-laser rounds. His shine could work a little differently, I could see it absorbing rather than reflecting, yet still retaining the other characteristics.

Only thing I'm stumped on are his side-B and up-B, which also happen to be his weakest moves in terms of creativity. Only thing I can think of is to use the properties of his illusion and make the direction controllable, and let him have the jet pack from Assault instead of fire wolf.

Kief

Smash Ace
Is there anything from any of the past Zelda games that made link do something in the air? Was there any masks from Majora's Mask perhaps. I never played that game all the way through. I'm just trying to think of things that could help his sucky recovery
off the top of my head...

hover boots.

he could use farores wind.

hes used other things to warp places.

his clawshot is actually as long as like, the hyrule temple stage.

and i've only played OoT all the way through :p

Thunderfoot

Smash Cadet
Warlock punch should have been one hit ko. Your welcome.
Warlock punch should have been like the one Ganondorf uses in OoT.
Punch the ground and shockwaves come out.

off the top of my head...

hover boots.

he could use farores wind.

hes used other things to warp places.

his clawshot is actually as long as like, the hyrule temple stage.

and i've only played OoT all the way through :p
Hover boots would give Link have less traction than Luigi.
If he used the great spin attack I bet it would make recovering less painful for him.

If you guys never noticed, there was no jumping in twilight princess AT ALL.

Perhaps thats why his recovery is so bad.
In that case, there was no jumping at all in the Pokemon games but Jigglypuff & friends seem to do okay.

Patinator

Smash Champion
This is my kind of thread.

I think Ike should've been not quite as slow, but less powerful to balance that out. He also should've been based on his form in FE10 instead of FE9 (Or as I call him, Grumpy Musclehead Ike), which would allow him to wield Ragnell and Urvan, and axe- swap between them with Down B.

His neutral special would be something like Ragnell Fire, which would send off the long-range blast of fire from the Ragnell. Or, if he had Urvan equipped, he'd throw a Tomahawk.

His Side B could stay, but... Instead of his PoR Ranger class critical, why not his cooler critical from RD? Two fast, decapitating swipes and then a leaping slash... Too good. :D

His Final Smash would be something entitled True Aether, which would be what Aether really is in FE- the Brawl attack plus a second strong blow. I think the first blow heals him as much damage as he dealt.

I understand it's Twilight Princess Ganondorf, but... I'd love for him to have his Trident, along with the energy ball attack from OoT to get rid of the near-useless Warlock Punch. I suppose he could swap between weapons like Ike, I guess... Trident plus the sword of sages. *_*

Wolf should've had a Gatling Gun or Machine Gun instead of his Blaster. It's cool and all, but... Well, less cloning is better. :/ The Wolf Flash would probably have been more accurate if it was only horizontal; it looks very much like his roll from Assault. His Up B would be a Booster Pack from Assault as well. Final Smash is obvious: MOAR LANDMASTAR his partners and himself go into the background in their Wolfens and blast the stage. Star Wolf Assault... XP

Meanwhile, Falco'd have the Sniper Rifle for a Side B, which would be the longest-ranged projectile in the game, firing a long beam of red light across any stage. Large knockback and damage, but similarly large lag on Falco's part. He'd pull it out with Side B and put it away by pressing it again; fire with B.

The Final Smash would be an Arwing; control it like you would the Landmaster, except you fly. A fires a shot, B fires a Smart Bomb (Not an item- the real thing. *_*), R and L make you DO A BARREL ROLL, and pressing up or down on the C-Stick causes you to perform a loop or somersault.

I guess that's enough for now.

King Dodongo

Smash Rookie
Here are some Final Smashes that would have been cool:

Link: Get's on Epona and you can ride around and stomp and trample on people.
Ganondorf: Turns into Ganon and you control Ganon (like Giga Bowser)
Luigi: Takes out vacuum cleaner and sucks people in and shoots them off the stage

Kief

Smash Ace
Hover boots would give Link have less traction than Luigi.
If he used the great spin attack I bet it would make recovering less painful for
he wouldnt have to wear them at all times. they could make it the same properties as peach's float.

King Dodongo

Smash Rookie
It would be awesome if Link's Clawshot was as long as the stage and could basically grab anyone from anywhere.

That's how the Hookshot/Clawshot is in the Zelda games.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
Mario could of had more new moves...like the only new move he had was Flood.
It's FLUDD.

Anyways, Ness should have a frame 1 jab.

Captain falcon should get back his nair from smash 64.

Yoshi needs more OoS options.

Jigglypuff needs a buffed rest and sing, and no gay shield break thing.
The Final Smash would be an Arwing; control it like you would the Landmaster, except you fly. A fires a shot, B fires a Smart Bomb (Not an item- the real thing. *_*), R and L make you DO A BARREL ROLL, and pressing up or down on the C-Stick causes you to perform a loop or somersault.

I guess that's enough for now.
You forgot to try a U-turn.

jalued

Smash Lord
Ganon should have the energy ball he used in OoT.

And yes, Toon Link should have the Deku Leaf and Skull Hammer over a spin attack and boomerang, and maybe Ice arrows too? His grab/zair should be the Grappling Hook.

maybe if TL had say ice or fire arrows as long as his B was charged to max, so that u couldnt spam ice arrows (as that would have been OP lol), but that freezed the character, like the iceclimbers side B etc. or fire arrows with more knockback

Thunderfoot

Smash Cadet
Sing should affect people in the air like Luigi's final smash.

When Link is holding a bomb and he draws his bow, he should shoot a bomb arrow.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
Deku Leaf Up B
Side B Skull Hammer
Oh, yes please.
I think Standard could be Bombchus - they're not entirely unique to him, but I think they fit him more than regular Link, and it'd be a nice way to Luigify him a bit further. Pressing B pulls it out and sets it down, then it acts like a Ice Shot that explodes on contact. Detonates automatically after a set distance - maybe half the distance of FD. Like Thunder Jolt and Hothead, it clings to the stage even after reaching the ledge.
As for Down Special... Grappling Hook? Holdings it brings it out, releasing it sends your grapple in the direction you hold the control stick. If it connects with the opponent, it pulls them toward you.
Final Smash has to be the Wild Spin Attack. Turns you into a wildly spinning Toon Link surrounded by the red disk that is now his rapidly spinning sword. You control horizontal movement with the control stick, and gain altitude by tapping the B button. Connecting with the Wild Spin Attack has pretty high knockback and kills at 50%, but its movement speed isn't amazng.

Wario should have a different Up special. Corkscrew seems so... well, generic.

Sheik's Vanish should allow her to wall cling if she reappears on the wall. Squirtle and Diddy don't really have recoveries that make sense with such a mechanic, but Sheik's seems only logical.

Thunderfoot

Smash Cadet
Sheik's Vanish should allow her to wall cling if she reappears on the wall. Squirtle and Diddy don't really have recoveries that make sense with such a mechanic, but Sheik's seems only logical.
Now if only Sheik didn't have the worst wall jump in the game.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Ness
PK Teleport > PK Thunder
PK Paralysis > PK Fire
PSI Shield > PSI Magnet
PK Rocking > PK Starstorm

Lucas
??? > PK Thunder
PK Love > PK Freeze
??? > PK Fire
PSI Shield > PSI Magnet
PK Love Omega > PK Starstorm

That's all I got for Lucas :p

Lucario
ExtremeSpeed does damage

Pit
Arrow of Light > Palutena's Arrow
Wing's of Pegasus > Wings of Icarus

Ike
I heard Ike can fire shockwaves from his sword. I would have rather that over Eruption. Ike does NOT have Fire attributes to his attacks! That's Roy!

Metaknight
Replace his A (rapid sword flail) with his multi-sword attack that ends with him jabbing his sword forward and sending out close-range sword beams.

Donkey Kong
DK rolls forward curled up into a ball > his current dash attack
DK shoots himself from a Barrel Cannon, doing damage to anyone he collides into > The Spinning Kong

Link
Wolf Link (Instantly turns into Wolf Link w/ Minda and creates an energy field around them, then instantly pouncess all fighters in the field multiple times like in TP) > Twiforce Slash

Toon Link
Bombchu > Bomb
Wind Waker > Triforce Slash

Pikachu
Thunder Shock > Thunder Jolt
Thunder Wave (Acts like a slightly longer reaching Paralyzer) > Skull Bash (Current Gen Pikachu can never use this move. Illegal moveset)

Sonic
Sonic Wave (from Sonic Battle) > either Sonic Spin Dash. He doesn't need two of the same moves!

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
With Kirby, if you swallow someone, you get their ENTIRE B-Set. Not just their neutral. Making Kirby a double-edged sword.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
I also figure'd Yoshi's egg roll should do a little-medium hop when it starts which could also be used for recovery. And also when he comes out of it in the air he should be able to do moves instead of being stunned.

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
sonic up b could be a chaos control teleport
mario could have the hover flood instead of regular
thunder should start from pika and shoot up
lucario over b could be bone rush
luigi grab could be a vacum tether
charizard up grab could be a seismic toss, over b coud be dragon claw
ivysaur could have a leech seed he tosses like pikmin and grows lip's stick flower
captain falcon should use his gun and ganon should use his sword

Top Bottom