• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best way to end f-tilt lock?

j0s3ph

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering what is the best way to end the f-tilt lock? As I see it, there are four ways: d-smash, u-smash, grab, and u-tilt.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I prefer utilt and nair. I hardly go for usmash for some reason.

If at low %, I go for one or two ftilts to grab or dsmash.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I prefer utilt and nair. I hardly go for usmash for some reason.

If at low %, I go for one or two ftilts to grab or dsmash.
You should try out the rapid jabs for the low %, just as long they aren't on the ground they can't shield grab between the second and third hit.

Does a great job even at like below 10% of quickly putting someone around 30.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Alright guys... I'm tired, but I'll try to help.

Vs people who can get out of our ftilt lock early--- Zelda (Nayru's Love), Marth (Dolphin Slash), Luigi (Sex Kick Nair)
---I have found the best option is to ftilt once then Dsmash, it works! Utilt is too slow, NL will hit you, Marth will have time to counter, and Luigi's nair will out-prioritize utilt. (More characters might be able to break out of it early, but I'm VERY TIRED and these are the ones that come to mind.)

Vs people who get trapped for a little while and are DI'ing appropriately--- (Lots of these characters) End it with an Utilt, probably the best for damage and for set-ups. like ->needles for instance.

Vs people who are heavy and get trapped fairly easy--- (Fox, wolf, falco, ganon, rob, ike, etc..) you can usually end with a Usmash, you just have to know where they are in relation to Sheik., and if they are locked right above your head, Usmash away!

Hope this helps.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Why do I have to cover situations that are not asked for? Oh yeah, that must be because people expect me to contribute to this forum. Too bad.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
hey guys (haha bet ya didnt miss me i havnt posted in forever)

anyways i like to do u tilt just cuz i like to air combo and i usaly forget to do up smash

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I like to end with the Nair because of it's knock back, up smash, or up tilt. If i'm fighting wario, I like to hit with Ftilt twice, then grab release into up smash.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
grrr....grabbing wario. lol
when i play as sheik which is not most of the time.
i mostly end the f-tilt with a u-smash.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Depends on the percentage I suppose. At the lower end of the percents, I Utilt since it knocks them downward slightly so I can DACUS or do a dash attack. At mid percents, I defintely end with a Usmash for a sky kill or at least get them away from me.

Sometimes though, I throw in a Dsmash instead as people don't really expect to get hit by Shiek's legs when she pulls them upward. XD

demodemo

Smash Ace
in all seriousnessness, the best way to end a "lock" (i'd say 3 or more) is utilt. or usmash for kill if you can manage, but its a lot harder than it sounds -___-;. nothing else is really as effective

there is no best way to follow after like one or two ftilts. you have to mix it up. keep in mind your opponent can probably jump out/powershield/dragon punch any of your options, so being unpredictable is key.

also try to expand past ankoku's list too, just experiment around with what works. for example, on bigger characters, it is possible to "continue" the lock after they DI past you by short hopping backwards, fair (c stick), and walk to another ftilt.

however, the safest method, always, when characters reach sheik and are about to DI out, is utilt. (nair works too but its harder to time)

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
From what I hear, u-tilt unless you've decayed f-tilt enough and spaced yourself well enough to guarantee a U-smash tipper. If you're at the side of the stage though, a simple U-smash regular hit will do, at high percentages.

At low/mid percentages, (on somewhat larger characters), when they're about to escape, you can use f-air and space another f-tilt lock. This can get you to the side of the stage by the time you're at a decent enough % to KO with non-tipper, or at least f-air again so you can chainguard.

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
when you perform the Ftilt lock, is Sheik suppose to move ever so slightly forward?

Or do you time the Ftilts so that you literally are staying in that one spot
Because I've been finding that people have been getting out of my Locks really quickly with forward DI'ing to me or even being able to DI down and tech or shine.

And some one brought up the point I'm moving forward while I'm doing the ftilts, which is normally how I thought it was suppose to look but I guess not?

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
You're holding forward to do the F Tilt and you aren't using F Tilt immediately after the cooldown has ended and you're able to do another so there are short intervals after them where you are walking forward. The move itself isn't moving you, it's just you walking between them.

Jaigoda

Smash Apprentice
If you perform the Ftilt lock perfectly, you should not move and just pivot on your foot. From what I can tell, you can buffer each Ftilt to get a perfect frame rate.

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
well I got it down 2 ways then so far, the one where Blistering said.

Where yeah, on the joystick I'm holding it continuously in the tilt position and timing my A's to get the lock down in a smooth rapid motion where I slightly move forward in between each sweep.

& The other that I've been working on is where I'm staying in 1 spot and timing each Ftilt separate of the next with out having to keep holding the Tilt in on the joystick. I have to keep letting go and keep up.

I think the latter helps control DI ...idk I gotta see which one is right

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
this is a pointless question. just try shieks different moves out of it and find whatever is comfortable for you.

sure certain moves might be better situational but all in all you might as well get comfortable with all your options then just do whatever feels good for you.

Error!!!

Smash Rookie
I think that the best way is with a U-tilt or U-smash. If your looking for the KO then do a U-smash, but if you need to damge them then try a U-tilt

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Utilt does not consistently double hit unless the target is directly above you. It also does not truly combo without the same positioning, resulting in lovely things like Marth Up+B'ing you in between the hits of utilt if you use it haphazardly. Just advance hop - nair them.

legion598

Smash Ace
I Nair or Fair and punish air dodges and then go on a **** fest. shiek is amazing at dealing with air dodges and if u ever see their shield pop up while ur ****** them just grab that ****.

Top Bottom