• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Character in a 1 vs. 2 Situation? (teamed up on)

Irsic

Smash Ace
Well I obviously main Lucas, and I've had a lot of **** luck winning 2v1s with him as he has a huge AoE game with PKT2 and his smashes.

Though I find 2v1s to honestly be pretty easy with Diddy Kong, as long I use 1 banana. Can't let my opponents get a hold bananas, but even sometimes 2 naners works depending or not if your opponents get clumsy and make each other slip. I've won countless 2v1 matches with Diddy, Lucas obviously doesn't compare.

Munas

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised at the number of people claiming ZSS would be good because of her spacing game.

Yes, ZSS has an amazing spacing game. Her plasma whip however, doesn't really work in 2v1. At all. It comes out slow enough that a quick opponent can see the start up animation and get inside her range before it fully extends which leads to the bigger problem with the whip is that it has a blind spot, and a rather large one at that. What this means is that where an attack like this would normally knock someone who rushed in away and keep you safe - it doesn't do this unless you hit them with the end of the attack, anyone who gets into the safe spot is pretty much free to punish you. This is problematic in a 2v1 because very rarely will a pair of intelligent opponents approach at the same pace from the same direction. If their forced to approach you from the same side, one is likely to be approaching on the ground and the other in the air. This essentially means that one will end up in the blindspot and punish you.

Punishment in a 2v1 is an especially bad thing, especially whene your on the light end of the scale like ZSS.
She does have moves that compliment a 2v1 setting but I'd hardly call her good at 2v1. Down smash is phenomenal, if you land it, it has a large enough hit box to catch both players, and even if you don't hit both you can leave one in a stun for a few seconds while dealing with the other on more even footing. Not ideal, but then again, this is 2v1 we're talking about.

If I were to bet on a best competitor for 2v1: Either MK or Snake. MK would have to play a more evasive game, but if the MK was cautious he wouldn't have too much trouble gimping (returning to the stage would be just like recoving vs. one opponent), his tornado is one of few moves that could actually mess up two people at once. Down smash is quick and hits both sides for a quick "get away from me" type move. Yeah, MK is fairly light and punishment sucks in 2v1, but as seems to be the brawl modo(sp?) "don't get grabbed".

Snake on the other hand I can see working only because the man lives forever. He's a forgiving character in a high punishment scenario.

Mind I play neither MK or Snake, these are just the characters I'd throw out if I had to guess.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Snake is best suited for a 1 vs 2 situation hands down. with his stage control, grenade counters, and fast, powerful tilts he can separate the opposing team well and rack tons of indirect damage with mines/nades. Also, lets not forget that he only needs maybe 6 or 7 (about 15% average damage per attack) attacks before the dreaded uptilt finisher. Also, the combination of good DI and being the 3rd or so heaviest character means you can survive to ludicrous percentages.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Those are 2 on 1's...

Spammer is good. Too good. He isn't a MK, he is a spammerer. Leave him out >=[

(I'd imagine his snake would be amazing at 2 v 1, the only vid of him on youtube as Snake shows that he is kinda hard to approach.)

JDZL

Smash Rookie
Captain Falcon mains will say that Captain Falcon is the best character for a 2 on 1 situation?

Sure why not, he already breaks this game with his Pawnch.
Heh.
I'm a falcon mainer, and I'd definitely pick falcon over some of the other characters.
I think that speed and mobility are key when you're getting double teamed.

Too bad falcon has terrible priority and unreliable kill moves.
I have to run around/away, spacing nairs and uairs and using grabs if the two enemies are far apart.

Outlast and edgeguard them!

XienZo

Smash Lord
I love how Ice climbers can CG two characters at once (low% D-throw chain only though).

But it'd likely be people who have large hitboxes, like Snake and sword users. And someone who doesn't get grabbed often.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Not mk, he is too light and cant handle two smart players, Snake because of broken range and ability to attack players he is not focusing on with mines, c4 and nades plus he is hard to kill. Wario would also be good because a cluth waft could mean the death for one (or if your lucky, both). He also lives to forever with DI and has great air mobility and a wonderful air dodge.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I laughed when someone said that it takes two to make the fight against Metaknight fair. That's hilariously sad.

The jerk part of me surpressed, Ike seems to be a demon when it comes to fighting multiple enemys.... he's heavy and stays on long, and can kill fast before someone steals his kills. Plus, his sword has increadible reach, and his recovery options are not to be underestimated.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I would say Link. Link has served me too well in two on ones. His overall fast and good dsamsh is nice if they try to approach from behind and in front. Up B is iffy however. It's effective but very situational. Good projectile spam from Link and well, he's just good for two on ones.

But still seriously gimped.

risemix

Smash Apprentice
Characters that control the field well I imagine would do well in 2v1 situations. ZSS, Rob, Snake, Diddy.

Top Bottom