• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Character in a 1 vs. 2 Situation? (teamed up on)

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
I am asking: Who is the best character in a 1 vs. 2 situation? (The character I'm asking for is the 1 in this situation) I am posting this in the tactical discussion because it is applicable to doubles tourney play, where this situation HAS to occur. I tried the search feature, but I couldn't find any results.
My personal opinion is that Marth does better than others in this situation. Marth has the tools needed to take on 2 opponents, with an amazing air game, one of the best spacing games, a counter move, and an up-b that gets him out of tight situations.
What are your opinions?

Coney

Smash Master
I'm sure absolutely everyone will say it's their main. I'm sure of it.

That said, I've done really well as DDD against two people. Can't CG, but I'll usually harass someone and throw waddles at the other. I attack player A, player B tries to capitalize on me being sidetracked, and gets a face full of Dee.

ZSS has done pretty well too from what I've seen, but it's probably just because she's so good at spacing. Spacing is the key, I suppose.

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure absolutely everyone will say it's their main. I'm sure of it.
Coney, I definitely know what you mean. Whenever there's a thread comparing characters, people will come in and say their mains (lol Sonic). That's fine, but I'd prefer at least some reasoning to back their statement.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Captain Falcon mains will say that Captain Falcon is the best character for a 2 on 1 situation?

Sure why not, he already breaks this game with his Pawnch.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
MK and GaW because of their fast moves. Also, they rack up damage quite easily.

Tujex

Smash Ace
Well...obviously MK because it takes two people against him to make the match fair.

Snake as well since fighting him is like fighting two people because of all the explosion, disjointed hitboxes, high priority, and stupid knockback he has.

I've also seen DDD do well, ZSS, Marth, and GnW. I surprisingly saw a CF hold off two people...but that guy was god tier player so...that match-up wasn't really fair since his opponents were scrubbish. Wish I had a vid for lawlz.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I wonder why I can never beat people in 3 on 1s with MK, but I destroy them with Ike.
And I dont play Ike.
I think it has something to due with the Fact he kills easily in the 40s, and quick kills is what you need when your left alone.
If you kill the person in the 2 on 1 very quickly, its not ****** unfair, is it?

Ostro

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7252-9309-8314
Ike, for sure. He's pretty good at scrambling the 2-man team, and has the range and power to kill easily when opponents are trying to avoid hitting themselves.

That makes him trash in 2vs2 matches, however. =/

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Well...obviously MK because it takes two people against him to make the match fair.
Lol! Yeah...kinda sad, though...

My main is Peach, but lemme tell you I think Peach canNOT handle a 1 vs 2 as good as others. Pit seems to me like one that could handle 2 enemies. The "fly under FD to escape being gimped on one side" idea wouldn't work as well, though, because both enemies could edgeguard both edges. His recovery is still decent, though...his decent power and ability to rack up damage quickly is advantageous as well. He has two reflectors as well: camping enemy could do spamming, campy projectile goodness while enemy #2 does the melee attacks: if Pit reflects a projectile, enemy #2 (melee attacker) may not see the reflected projectile coming/have enough reaction time to dodge. At the least he will shield, allowing possible shield-grabs.

Marth would do well, though, because of the aforementioned ideas of spacing, range, disjointed hitbox, and counter.

Melfice z

Smash Ace
Ike.. he has a counter, though its hard to use at times.
He has the raw power to keep it like a tag team fight instead of a true 2 on 1
and as mentioned before.. kill sin the 40s

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I would have to venture a guess and say Snake. Disjointed hitboxes are obviously of importance here as you have multiple threats that you need to keep at bay. He can kill very well and has a very strong counter defensive game via nades, traps, and OoS options.

POKE40

Smash Lord
Besides MK

I'd say GW or Diddy Kong

GW would just use turtle to keep the two away from him, GW can also bucket brake and bucket projectiles such as pikachu's thunder or pit's arrows for example.

Diddy Kong can use bananas for making him not easy to approach, Diddy Kong will have to worry about projectiles though...

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
snake says hi

plus you can just grenade spam. easier to hit 2 targets than 1, and you don't have to worry about blowing up your teammate either!
Once snakes in the air, and there are 2 opponents on the ground waiting for you. Its pretty much impossible to land even with grenades.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Yea. Only problem with snake is that he loses a huge pro for him.

In a 1 on 1 setting, Snake usually is benefiting from every hit traded. He can also stand to "trade punishments" meaning that if what he is doing is getting him hit every other time, but the other times landing him a nice F-tilt or grab, he can win with that. This is not the case in a 2 on 1 however. One grab means death, assuming the opponents know what they are doing.

Snake had a problem with IC's early on in smash, although he learned to avoid that with nades and spacing he is still not one to enjoy characters that can out punish him, which is what 2 to 1 basically boils down to a lot of the time.

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
Snake,MK, and Ike. They all have unfair advantages that give them an edge in 2 v 1 scenarios. (Unless the 2 use teamwork, which nobody EVER does >_>)

K 2

Smash Lord
MK or G&W. They both have amazing ledgecamping games. The best part about ledgecamping is that you can't get grabbed (which leads to all sorts of grab release shenanigans), and only one person can attack you at the same time.

Garquille14

Smash Apprentice
Diddy can't really control his bananas when there's 2 other people. He loses his strongest weapon.

As for Snake, his recovery puts him in a pretty bad situation against 2 other players. That seems like it seals the deal for him being the most effective.

I think Marth is the best. He can hold his own from any angle and is relatively safe when recovering. Counter becomes more effective as well.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
His knee sends people across the universe.

His Pawnch explodes them.

Buit what does his Up-B do?

Also his taunt causes wars, because everyone is tempted by his battlecry to "show our moves" off.

BTW I'm going to say if you want to drag out a matche, your best bet is probably Sonic, no lie.

there are better choises though, if you want kills/camp/etc.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
I recommend Bowser or Kirby in this situation. They are both very durable and have a great meteor smash. They each also have relatively effective aerials, whether it be hitboxes for Bowser, or speed for Kirby. Ike does alright as well, but he lacks the practicality of managing a double team, and the matchups would be highly situational.

xiferp

Smash Apprentice
Snake, MK, Game and Watch, my main. Oh and Ike coz I can fsmash them to kill at very low %'s. Anybody with a spike, too.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Yea, Wario is good.

Playing like DMG with all the aircamping is always an option. Grab release combos aren't THAT bad because a grab should be an instant kill anyways. Wario is hard to grab. He kills well..

Ya, not a bad choice.

Top Bottom