• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Brawl mains in Canada! 1.0* Updated Nov 26, 09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Agreed, he's barely even shown up to any tournaments. Also TO Joe isn't a GnW main so that's far out of the question.

Should definitely go to ChaosvsOrder from Ottawa.

.decoy

Smash Ace
mmmmmmm....objectivity is an illusion. i think the best you can hope for is some kind of inter-subjectivity (even that is problematic though). still, some sort of expression of your subjective perception that others can identify with.

that said, what's more important than being "unbaised" is expressing the bias you hold.
if youre going to say that "i genuinely think a is better than b because...yeah. IMO he's better."
that doesn't really get anyone anywhere.

though a proclivity for opinion shouting is engendered within (i would say) almost all children in canada, you might consider taking a position. shirk the shackles of your education. be brave. say who you want and why; that way we can talk about something. see, opinions can't be contested. for example -

"i like cheese".
"...."
/end conversation

but instead of that, a position can generate meaningful conversation.

"i like cheese because it is the healthiest option for a midday snack."
"WRONG ***** apples are healthier. look at those nutrition fax."
"oshi youre right, lemme take another position on midday snacks."

and now that cheeseman has some more knowledge. good****. dialectics can get us somewhere. if not though, just post that list, at the top say "Best Brawl Mains in Canada, IMO:" and then lets move on. no need for discussion. none can be had. nothing constructive anyway.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
rofl wifi? K, everything makes sense now.

last tourney i saw suzaku, he lost to me and a some hamilton rob that fool man-handled. Lol, see what happens when people use their biased opinions on skill rather than just results....

Id say the best Marth after mikey is tipper...based on results.

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol iliad if aib matters, you should know that i just recently beat doc in a set on aib ladders ;)

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
LOL I just noticed Tojoe on gaw and Sheik? And you don't even have an OR for Kingace besides Doc as best MK?

Since when was this list supposed to be a joke? I must have missed that update.

swordgard

Smash Hero
lol iliad if aib matters, you should know that i just recently beat doc in a set on aib ladders ;)
If aib ladder matters, doc and you failed last playoffs lol.

No but seriously, can we get the panelists together? I wish this was not solely Illiads decision, otherwise people could gather and make a 2nd thread with panelists.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
ahaha illiad secretly updated it, and added the faces of the panelists to make it seem more legit. Good job, i like your style lmao

Iliad

Smash Lord
A PM has been sent out to all the respective panelists thus far. Your *****ing has actually done some good. Congrats.

I never once claimed this to be super accurate, and also repeatedly said I'd wait until the next major tourney to update this, but if you all want to QQ because my list doesn't jerk off to Sauga smashers, then go right ahead. Respect points down a ton for a lot of people I didn't expect to be ********.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Making fun of sauga is like breaking commandment one. *Fsmash*. Someones a little jealous of saugas players. *Fsmash*. However it is your list and its your opinion but you cant make a thread called best mains in canada and use your own personal biases to determine it(Wifi). *Fsmash*. Panelists definitely needed. *One more fsmash*.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Sauga has got that: gay short form for their city/supersaiyan/DI/GhettoBigmac/QQ about everything/Best TOing/Trollin/Marf/Brown people/cockiness/Handles that are actually their first names, last names, and sometimes a combination of both... power.

Sauga represent.

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
This list is so GTA bias!!!!
Ally not the BEST snake for god's sake he is the best or second best brawl player i the world!
Holly not the best ROB!!!
Even swordgard is not the best IC's

why don't you change this threads name to Best Brawl main in GTA!!????!!!??

Iliad

Smash Lord
Ally not the BEST snake for god's sake he is the best or second best brawl player i the world!

lol i hope you're just joking along with the fact that the entire list was just recently edited to make poke fun of mississauga brawlers. We know that Holy, Ally, and Sword are the tops for their respective mains.

nickcam

Smash Ace

Clearly does not understand sauga's greatness

Mikey7

Smash Lord
lol i hope you're just joking along with the fact that the entire list was just recently edited to make poke fun of mississauga brawlers. We know that Holy, Ally, and Sword are the tops for their respective mains.
ANY attempts to make fun of sauga are automatically nullified by our awesomeness

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
This post made me lol so hard, ace in pure mk dittos you've never taken a set off me ever, like going mk every game in a set, i'm 3-0 vs you in pure mk dittos ( only going mk in the set ).

And you beating my snake on wifi, me beating your mk, then you beating my mk means you beat me in a set, not my mk, I went snake do not forget that. And for the ultimate record wifi doesn't mean a thing, we all know you have an amazing mk but you should let it go I've passed your level, I have nothing else to prove.

No disrespect or nothing, I just feel I've earnt my stripes.

PS, if wifi did matter, I'm 2-1 against you, so your 1 win shows no credibility at all bro.

swordgard

Smash Hero
This post made me lol so hard, ace in pure mk dittos you've never taken a set off me ever, like going mk every game in a set, i'm 3-0 vs you in pure mk dittos ( only going mk in the set ).

And you beating my snake on wifi, me beating your mk, then you beating my mk means you beat me in a set, not my mk, I went snake do not forget that. And for the ultimate record wifi doesn't mean a thing, we all know you have an amazing mk but you should let it go I've passed your level, I have nothing else to prove.

No disrespect or nothing, I just feel I've earnt my stripes.

PS, if wifi did matter, I'm 2-1 against you, so your 1 win shows no credibility at all bro.
Lol, no worries, wel use the panelist system. We need to all come together at some point.

Llumys

Smash Champion
Meh. I read the PM, and I'm hoping this list isn't going to be completely based off of votes. I think the panelists should take consistency and results into account. Anyway, I'll reply with my list soon.

I'm not putting every character, 'cause I don't want to give any votes without actually being knowledgeable.

Edit: What's the current list? Is it based off of a few votes, or is it an estimate?

Edit:

- Ally

- Minus

- SilverDoc

- Llumys

- HolyNightmare

- Distructo

- Niko K

- Zhao Guang

- T-Block

- ThatGuy

- Ally

- Koskinator

KingAce

Smash Ace
Lol doc other then that tourny with the LCDs, im like a good 3 games above you then losses, even though your win is most recent. you claim your better because of this. on aib you beat me 2x at the start, and the last one i beat u lol see how it works ;)

anyways you think you passed me and have nothing more to prove? $50 mm me in a mk ditto bo5 next tourny we goto

Niko_K

Smash Master
Also Phil should mention how Doc has to switch from MK to counter match ups. I don't see the point but Doc's MK isn't up to par lawl.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I sent my list in.
For anybody who I didn't know, or there isn't enough info to say I wrote: inconclusive

Aaaaand Holy crap somebody needs to throw a tournament or something when I get back.
I'm back from the 22nd to jan 6th.
( If we can't do something really organized we could at least all go to york and do some big smashfest/tourny there LOL)

Iliad

Smash Lord
Minus, Llumys, Alphacans, Percon, if you guys could get back to me in a PM about a meeting date we can do for MSN, to discuss a few things. As theres a few discrepancies in the list.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Meh. I read the PM, and I'm hoping this list isn't going to be completely based off of votes. I think the panelists should take consistency and results into account. Anyway, I'll reply with my list soon.

I'm not putting every character, 'cause I don't want to give any votes without actually being knowledgeable.

Edit: What's the current list? Is it based off of a few votes, or is it an estimate?

Edit:

- Ally

- Minus

- SilverDoc

- Llumys

- HolyNightmare

- Distructo

- Niko K

- Zhao Guang

- T-Block

- ThatGuy

- Ally