• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Stats Smasfest @ SFU Surrey: TBA

jhim

Smash Cadet
seriously these guys r like obsessed with u XD
btw u gave them ur email rite? having them post asking a bunch would b pointless

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I was on the big TV with the Wii for a while, but the guys on the laggy TV wanted to switch after a little bit. from that point on, every match I played was on that laggy TV. DX

Honestly, I didn't notice it THAT much, but it probably isn't a good idea trying to improve on that kind of set-up...

:005:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I never even saw your Falcon. XD Well, except for a bit of the MM, but I was distracted/stressed by other stuff, so I wasn't really paying attention. Next time, you need to show me your moves...

jhim

Smash Cadet
I never even saw your Falcon. XD Well, except for a bit of the MM, but I was distracted/stressed by other stuff, so I wasn't really paying attention. Next time, you need to show me your moves...

no offense jake but u might need to step it up a bit to face Will XD Ive been trying to beat him for so long now T_T

jhim

Smash Cadet
and once u get that experience ull noe how i feel everytime i face him =/ aslo so gay when me will and some other guys smash together its always me who ends up vsing Will the whole time while everyone simply watches me get ***** T_T

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
play him and get ***** hard. he's so good that it hurts.
lol just kidding about being a big fan of Will other then he's really good for someone who doesn't know the smash community very well.. :p I was just copying Yakal's post making fun of it:p

Will seems cool though if you ever want any advice about smash I will be happy to give you some! =)

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Just confirming, but nothing's gonna happen this Saturday day? If anything else is happening, could you let me know? Thanks.

jordexciu

Smash Rookie
lol i think i had an account before this one.
probably around 2004 or even before.

I also have blunted object on facebook even though this is the first time i've been on here in years, haha

Sion

Island of Horizon
me as well, please!
i need to get in on this smash action. it's long overdue

*whoops!* double post
I think SFU is dead as of now since we have to leave at 5pm every saturday at SFU Surrey, which is stupid. Though I can't say 100% that it's dead.

Gannonspetmoblin

Smash Apprentice
seems unlikely due to security guards.. and if this continues... I won't be going to anymore smashfests by SFU.
not to sound like an @$$ or anything, but this sorta made me smile. I'm tired of being excluded.

Also, is there any chance we could turn this thread just into a BC smashfest thread or something? i think it'd be a good idea to have one thread for all couquitlam/ burnaby/ surrey/ north van(lol) smashfests. It'd be much better than starting a new thread every week, or posting them in the PR thread or BC thread where u don't even get posts.

unityole

Smash Lord
SFU vancouver that campus is impossible to host a smashfest, its even smaller than the surrey campus.
i guess smashfest will have to stop for now until i can get a place, or get access to the lounge area again.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I gotta say, this is one of the reasons I stopped coming here or to events. Jack, not to be rude, but are you stupid? You should know the rules by now. Facilities isn't going to let you put out a bunch of TVs and hold an event for free for people that are non-SFU students.

Anyway, Firefly and iKool welcome to SFU Surrey. Where were you guys back when there was always Smash! Although mostly FFAs in Melee before Brawl came out. If you set up a Wii or GCN with Smash, I assure you people will join =P We used to have like 4 people and 4+ people waiting at all times... Are you both going into SIAT?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I gotta say, this is one of the reasons I stopped coming here or to events. Jack, not to be rude, but are you stupid? You should know the rules by now. Facilities isn't going to let you put out a bunch of TVs and hold an event for free for people that are non-SFU students.

Anyway, Firefly and iKool welcome to SFU Surrey. Where were you guys back when there was always Smash! Although mostly FFAs in Melee before Brawl came out. If you set up a Wii or GCN with Smash, I assure you people will join =P We used to have like 4 people and 4+ people waiting at all times... Are you both going into SIAT?
waitwut

An actual welcome post? =0

Yeah, iKool brings his Brawl disk sometimes (the library's disk is faulty DX) and when it's running, it gets really busy. There are often FFAs, especially on Friday afternoons. It sucks that we rarely get any proper 1v1 practice, but it's still fun. We play both games, but we're better at Brawl, and it's the more popular game there anyway.

I'm fairly certain iKool isn't in SIAT, but I might be. I'm in TechOne right now, and I'm definitely considering going into SIAT after my first year.

We'll most likely be in the games room tomorrow afternoon. I don't know about iKool, but classes end for me at around 1:30, so I'll probably show up around then (or earlier, if my lecture ends early, which it sometimes does). There will be a bunch of Brawlers there, but if you'd rather play Melee, I'd be down for that as well. =]

Sion

Island of Horizon
At least he tried, man. I don't see other people going out of their way trying to record stats and hold SFU smashfests. I mean, Jack doesn't even play melee.
Whatever, you're entitled to think what you want.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
At least he tried, man. I don't see other people going out of their way trying to record stats and hold SFU smashfests. I mean, Jack doesn't even play melee.
Whatever, you're entitled to think what you want.
As a student at SFU Surrey I don't appreciate his efforts. If you're going to take up valuable space to play Smash, at least do it right instead of trespassing. I might be angrier than I should be because I am ****ing tired of people who don't go to the school coming in and using our rooms when we need them to work on our projects. We now need keys just to get into the team rooms in the evenings and weekends because of morons from outside SFU using them.

As for this smashfest, I don't see how you expected to get past Security carrying them considering both entrances are in the same area as Security is.

If you want to do things right, contact a Club, set it up with Facilities. Although you will need to charge some sort of fee to cover room booking. Rooms are only free for club use if all participants are SFU students. External events have a charge.

waitwut

An actual welcome post? =0

Yeah, iKool brings his Brawl disk sometimes (the library's disk is faulty DX) and when it's running, it gets really busy. There are often FFAs, especially on Friday afternoons. It sucks that we rarely get any proper 1v1 practice, but it's still fun. We play both games, but we're better at Brawl, and it's the more popular game there anyway.

I'm fairly certain iKool isn't in SIAT, but I might be. I'm in TechOne right now, and I'm definitely considering going into SIAT after my first year.

We'll most likely be in the games room tomorrow afternoon. I don't know about iKool, but classes end for me at around 1:30, so I'll probably show up around then (or earlier, if my lecture ends early, which it sometimes does). There will be a bunch of Brawlers there, but if you'd rather play Melee, I'd be down for that as well. =]

Haha yeah, it's always FFA there. I think most of them are bored of Melee after 5 years, but the problem is I know a lot of people who got bored of Brawl already too. Might be just my year. I'm actually working at the Burnaby campus 9 - 5 from Monday to Friday (yay co-op!) but I do have an evening class Wednesdays until 8:30... Maybe I'll see you around next semester?

Were you guys playing around 8pm last night? A friend of mine said he got to try Brawl+ in the games room.

If you have questions about SIAT I can always try to answer. I'm in fourth year now.

Sion

Island of Horizon
As a student at SFU Surrey I don't appreciate his efforts. If you're going to take up valuable space to play Smash, at least do it right instead of trespassing. I might be angrier than I should be because I am ****ing tired of people who don't go to the school coming in and using our rooms when we need them to work on our projects. We now need keys just to get into the team rooms in the evenings and weekends because of morons from outside SFU using them.

As for this smashfest, I don't see how you expected to get past Security carrying them considering both entrances are in the same area as Security is.

If you want to do things right, contact a Club, set it up with Facilities. Although you will need to charge some sort of fee to cover room booking. Rooms are only free for club use if all participants are SFU students. External events have a charge.
You're the first to complain, so it's news to me. I can see why you're throwing around hatin' words because the inconvenience sucks. I'm sure you have your reasons, fire, and i won't pry into it.

edited out with good reason.

Top Bottom