• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Stats Smasfest @ SFU Surrey: TBA

unityole

Smash Lord
3 TVs, need setups and more TV. AT SFU Surrey, library games room open from 8:00 am, closes at 9:00 pm. If the smashfest at SFU Burnaby, then its at the Rotunda.

View the following with IE, Firefox is a piece of ****
Heres the link to the Stats and Standings for year 2010:
http://www.sfu.ca/~yjt/smash/short.htm

Stats for players thats out of PR:
http://www.sfu.ca/~yjt/smash/short2.htm

Stats and Standings for year 2009:
http://www.sfu.ca/~yjt/smash/meleerecords.htm
http://www.sfu.ca/~yjt/smash/meleestandings.htm

(As to the above page I suggest that everyone to view it with Ie instead of Firefox due to the fact that I hate Ffox and too lazy to fix anything) The stats are gathered from small tournies which we will held it at every smashfest. Small tournies involve money or not, will all be recorded. Starting from pool games to the end of double elimination brackets, etc.

Anything related to the smashfest please discuss it here, or under the BC Canada Thread. If I got time we can probably do something about Brawl, not 64 since there isnt enough players and I've got no time for all 3 games.

SFU SURREY
Directions: Take skytrain and get off at "Surrey Central Skytrain Station"

PM me or MSN me at jack_tuboogee [at] hotmail [dot] com for direction and more info.

SFU BURNABY
Directions: Take skytrain and get off at "Production Way/ University Skytrain Station"

unityole

Smash Lord
I like how I LOST to EVERYBODY because I didnt even go!
lol it was a different john, since that john doesnt have a smashboard name :/ well he does but he forgot it.

nate: the stats are recorded as the way it is, out of like 50 games im sure everybody makes a mistake. i'll change it when i have time but just as you can see i can't remember everygame and i did all from scratch paper. for better reference in the future i'll prob print out excel sheets etc.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
needless to say you bums should've been doing this type a thing a long time ago.
Vaniez are a bunch of laziez....
except Jack, he actually does something

unityole

Smash Lord
We haven't been taking Kelownas money long enough to organize all that Dynasim? :)
SFU smashfest is WEEKLY!
this week - Adam, Tony, Evan, Matt, Manli, John, Roby etc
hopefully we'll get more games in this time.

and Nate? and more?

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
ATTENTION >: >:

I left my black/transparent controller at Adam's, and he brought it to SFU last week I missed (Karmas a ***** huh?) but it never came back in noobkings magic bag of GC controllers!!

Current Conspiracy : Yakal has it to have moonwalking powers. :O

unityole

Smash Lord
ATTENTION >: >:

I left my black/transparent controller at Adam's, and he brought it to SFU last week I missed (Karmas a ***** huh?) but it never came back in noobkings magic bag of GC controllers!!

Current Conspiracy : Yakal has it to have moonwalking powers. :O
near the end of that day when we were cleaning up i saw a black/whitesilver? controller. transparent on the whitesilver part of the controller, i asked and someone told me it belongs to the extrememan. so they continue to pack up and i donno what happend to it afterward.

unityole

Smash Lord
the stats page, im told that its really complicated and hard to understand. does people not need to know the stages they won/lost on? if thats the case then i'll take out the ones that are played on counters and leave only the neutral stages' stats.

opinion plz

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
near the end of that day when we were cleaning up i saw a black/whitesilver? controller. transparent on the whitesilver part of the controller, i asked and someone told me it belongs to the extrememan. so they continue to pack up and i donno what happend to it afterward.
Alright as long as it's in the hands of the melee players @_@. Please bring Saturday.

Yeah it's a bit hard to understand but I barely tried to. I think all stages should be recorded including counter.

Metà

Smash Master
I'll only be at this smashfest for a couple hours in the morning, because I have stuff to do in the afternoon. I've been craving some Melee though, so I'll try to stay as long as I can. No set-ups though, unless someone really needs a cube/wii or something.

dieslow

Smash Ace
=D. imo ur as good as yakal and could be on the PR real soon (long hair dude right?)
gg to adam ruining my perfect score -_-; he played the best i've ever seen him in the winners set.

W% = .806
im winning ;]

unityole

Smash Lord
reasons to keep kills and deathes per game show the consistency in a player, also other factor such as matchups.

for instance, bwmat vs noobking and bwmat vs dieslow

bwmat vs noobking. 11 losses and 4 wins against adam but kill-death stats is 44-49. means bwmat constantly taking adam down to 1 stock many games, or possibly beat adam with 2 or more stocks left.
it can also be that matt is good at fox vs falcon.

bwmat vs dieslow. lost all his games against tony and kill-death stat is 15-30. in this case matt didnt do as good vs tony. from the kil-death stats one can conclude that matt probably killed himself manytimes, or tony played too well. it can also be that matt is terrible vs falco/marth.

now looking at adam vs tony, 6-5 for adam. this conclude that BWMAT is not a consistent player, OR hes just bad vs falco/marth/fox OR hes terrible vs tony.

there will be a "standings" page up shortly, which give players idea how well they did in the past. the standings page includes stats like wins/losses/GP/tourney winners and consisntency. each one of those category worth a percentage weight for the total score/points, which i believe it should affect Melee PR. (unless one johns and just play for fun)

dieslow

Smash Ace
yea kills and deaths makes sense. this is gonna be really helpful for PR, Jack is too good.

I dont understand K/G and D/G though. what do those numbers mean? arent they the same as Knockouts and Deaths?

also i dont think showing the stages are important, it just adds a lot of work for u to do =O

unityole

Smash Lord
bugs and faulties are fixed now, check again to see adam's overall W% :/ .733

Top Bottom