• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Stats Smasfest @ SFU Surrey: TBA

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Ah dam, I can't get my brawl data onto my SD card... Probably due to B+ patch. If possible, could you bring your data, Jake? Either that, or I hope the wii in the games room already has data on it.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Sorry, I don't have my data here. I didn't bring my Wii into res with me. I only have my controller. >.<

I'm sure we'll manage without though. You said you main Ike, right? Because if that's the case, both of our characters are available from the start anyway.

:005:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Well, right now, it's pretty much just me and ikool trying to figure out when we can both be there to play. You're more than welcome to join in if you want though. =] If you can bring Brawl save data on an SD card or something, that'd be even better.

...I can't say I know for sure when we're meeting tomorrow though...

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Are there still going to be smashfests and events going on at SFU? This thread got really quiet even though classes have started again...

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Based on the last few posts, it doesn't really look like anything like that is going to keep going. We could just agree to meet in the games room at certain times throughout the week, and see if anybody else shows up. Today, for example, was pretty fun, even though it didn't last very long.

Will you be around tomorrow? I'm done at 1:30.

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Based on the last few posts, it doesn't really look like anything like that is going to keep going. We could just agree to meet in the games room at certain times throughout the week, and see if anybody else shows up. Today, for example, was pretty fun, even though it didn't last very long.

Will you be around tomorrow? I'm done at 1:30.

True, it's pretty much just us in here... And today was pretty great.
Hmmmmm... I won't be around tomorrow due to the excess of homework I have left to finish. As much as I'd love to get some matches in, they're gonna have to wait... sry bro :/
I'll be free on Monday from 11:30 to 3:30., maybe we could get some games in then?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Strange how all your classed seem to be either really early or really late, while mine almost always take place at around lunch time. >.<

My classes on Monday go from 12:30-2:30, so I guess I'll have an hour before and an hour after. I guess I shouldn't sleep in too late then...

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Me and ikool both prefer Brawl, but if there's Melee, we'll gladly play that as well. If fact, we've probably played more Melee so far than Brawl. Just yesterday, there were a bunch of us playing doubles and singles for a little while, and it was pretty fun. It mainly depends on whether or not you know when the Melee players are going to be around...

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
And whether or not they are good...
You could always meet up with some other Melee players you know are good, and other people can join in. That way, you can find out if there's any decent talent over there without wasting your time. The rest of us can get a feel for what high-level Melee play is like as well. Sounds like a win-win to me.

So ikool, I'll be there tomorrow at around 11:30. The thing is, I won't be able to bring my gamecube controller, so I need to use one of yours. V.V

ikool

Smash Apprentice
I see, we can always just use the library gamecube controllers... And, I guess I could say that me and Firefly are decent melee players... even though I only play melee when there's no brawl. I will be bringing my brawl tomo.

Also, I was wondering if I should bring my wii one day to play some brawl+... If anyone likes the idea of some brawl+ at SFU, then I'd gladly bring my wii.

JulyZerg

Smash Cadet
no thats john you n000b and ikool yakal sucks what he really mains is roy.. everyone told him to main marth but he likes roy.. nobody takes him seriously anymore

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Whoa, if there are any melee or brawl players at SFU, I'd gladly accept a match... No moneymatches for me seeing as I am completely broke from buying my class books :'<

ikool

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind a smahfest at the SFU Surrey campus. Is it possible to have one next Saturday?If so, how would we arrange one and what time would we start it?

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Apparently there is something going on at SFU surrey THIS Saturday. I'm going with Yakal and there BETTER be some melee going on. Also, where would I go once I arrive for said melee? Can i get a phone number for someone who would be hosting/setting up?

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Apparently there is something going on at SFU surrey THIS Saturday. I'm going with Yakal and there BETTER be some melee going on. Also, where would I go once I arrive for said melee? Can i get a phone number for someone who would be hosting/setting up?
If stuff's goin down at SFU Surrey, I'd like some details too. I can bring GC controllers if necessary... someone else is gonna have to bring Melee data though... Also, I will be bringing Brawl if something is happening, just for fun.

ikool

Smash Apprentice
special invite by jack only, tv are limited
Awww lame...

How would we go about having our own smashfests at the SFU campus? Do we just book rooms and TVs or is it more complicated? Either that, or we could see if the games room is open on weekends and just play at a set time?

unityole

Smash Lord
there will be a smashfest this saturday at SFU surrey. to be honest the securities there are kinda ***gy, you can go ask roby and vince, they saw it for themselves. so heres what i want for the smashfest. smashfest starts at 11 am and i really want people to be there that early (not early at all) so we can smash until whenever. There are no place to sleep at sfu surrey campus, no couches etc. the campus is open 24/7 but they pointed out that there should be no sleeping on campus, we can do a std, but no sleeping there.

the campus is build ontop of a mall and theres foodcourt downstair, so i will not be ordering for pizza. there are many choices like sushi, a&w, subway, pizza and lots of other asian/north american food, plenty to choose from.

I will draw a map again, due to the fact that its the first time we having smashfest at the surrey campus.
i will also provide tvs, Adam's TV and my TV also needs a RF switch. This saturday Eric will bring 1 TV makes a total 3 TVs which means people will have to bring gamecube/ controllers etc.

Computer gaming, the securities will check for student id card so its impossible to play inside the computer lab if we have more than 3, or past 6 pm

again, STARTS at 11 AM and I really want people to be there early.

people that are invited: anyone whos decent or good at melee.

Top Bottom