• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Stats Smasfest @ SFU Surrey: TBA

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
My Fox is getting uber TECHNICAL! just lacking the waveshine. I wonder if there is smashfest this week, I guess I'll call Jack later and ask him. And not getting 4 stocked by Roby means I have gotten better! = ]. Meh atleast I am more technical than that byuusan : P
Kenny got quite a bit better since last I saw him, I don't think his style will revolve around tech skill.

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
Kenny got quite a bit better since last I saw him, I don't think his style will revolve around tech skill.
Tech skills? :o
I got none :)

other then that all i do is like, practice 15 mins a day as a minimum, even if i have a hellish busy day, i doubt i won't practice for at least that long.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Yakal ٩(๏̯͡๏)۶ **** DOTA says:
god ****IT
I'M SO PUMPED FOR THIS WEEKEND
WILL **** SOOOOO HARD
Roby says:
NO U
UP THE BUTT
NO SPIT
also no homo
Roby says:
DRY SON EXPIRED LUBE
DRY SION EXPIRED LUBE
Roby says:
hahah

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Everyone bring $2 for tourney at kennys, or we can do $5 although it'll be like a 3 man bracket

MarcBuckley

Smash Journeyman
theres a potential great place to set up some excellent Brawl tournaments in the lower mainland and tri-city areas hopefully we'll be able to get alot more than just 1 brawl tournament in every few months.
you can also just drop by free of charge granted the group isn't too big for some friendly matches im sure reservations for large groups will cost money they have like 25 LCD tvs there from 32'' to 52'' im unsure of how many wiis they have they have a mixture of all consoles so im sure if you were to make reservations TV's are a non-issue might be alot easier and faster way to set up some smashfests there rather than SFU not to mention much easier to get to since the 97 bus drops you off right infront of the place 'o'

if you guys have a facebook just search there group under the same name to contact them for more info

Jimz Gamers Lounge
99 Moray Street
Port Moody, BC

MarcBuckley

Smash Journeyman
lol im not actually from Jimz Gamers Lounge Inc. i just dropped in to check it out with my roommate and asked some questions and thought that would be a GREAT place for brawlers right now it's not too popular and has a bunch of kids playing fps games be i think we can easily dominate the place with brawlers lol i wanna go there too but i wanna see some brawlers there

they allow you to bring your own hard drive for the 360 so you can use your saves so im positive that you can bring your own game i've seen people playing games by themselves or so it seemed the place looked pretty cool we should all just gather up and mob the place lol but we should act fast and make brawl the prodominate game at that place 'o'

MarcBuckley

Smash Journeyman
good maybe you guys can give me a hand at melee i never got any practice at it since my brother hated playing it with me cuz of peach lol i absolutely fail at it now

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
rofl.

IN any case jsut to confirm this, if i did (And i will) host a smashfest at my place this week, how many can actually go?

I know for sure there at least Gutz coming (he comes here everyday) but yea.

MarcBuckley

Smash Journeyman
where IS this place people are talking about? what's going on? :confused:
99 morray street Port moody B.C 'o'

seems like quite a distance for you to travel though but i guess it's not too far considering americans will travel state to state you can check out their facebook group search
Jimz Gamers Lounge Inc.

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
99 morray street Port moody B.C 'o'

seems like quite a distance for you to travel though but i guess it's not too far considering americans will travel state to state you can check out their facebook group search
Jimz Gamers Lounge Inc.
hmmm the place actually faster to get to then it is to SFU

But i don't know, LCD tvs? I rather have CRT tvs, LCD Tv seem to lag, it makes it look like wifi on brawl.

Sion

Island of Horizon
god ****IT
I'M SO PUMPED FOR THIS WEEKEND
WILL **** SOOOOO HARD
Roby says:
NO U
UP THE BUTT
NO SPIT
also no homo
Roby says:
DRY SON EXPIRED LUBE
DRY SION EXPIRED LUBE
Roby says:
hahah
Are people talking behind my back >.>

MarcBuckley

Smash Journeyman
hmmm the place actually faster to get to then it is to SFU

But i don't know, LCD tvs? I rather have CRT tvs, LCD Tv seem to lag, it makes it look like wifi on brawl.
ur ****ting me right -.- i have no problem on my LCD i think you should check the place out before you jump the gun on something so trivial no TV can make offline brawl look like wifi thats just impossible =_=

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
ur ****ting me right -.- i have no problem on my LCD i think you should check the place out before you jump the gun on something so trivial no TV can make offline brawl look like wifi thats just impossible =_=
Oh trust me, i think i got enough experiance, my mom friend LCD TV lagged, OFFLINE. the TVs in Twilight Shadow Tourney in UBC, some were LCD, all reserved for Brawl (for a good reason), they also lagged, **** it i shot an arrow a second later i pushed my B button, controlling it was even WORST, and there was more then 3-4 of them there.

At that point i deemed LCD TVs as Bad TVs and not to be used in any kind of reaction-needed gaming.

MarcBuckley

Smash Journeyman
i understand that but not all LCD's do and im finding it really hard to believe that the lag could effect a game like brawl as drastically as he's telling me
im sure they took the lag issue into consideration when they opened the place since right now FPS games are pro-dominate

*edit*
ok i just looked further into it i seriously don't think these TV's will be a problem

Bwmat

Smash Ace
I don't know about those tv's in particular, but laggy tvs can make melee completely unplayable.

brawl less so

Top Bottom