• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Stats Smasfest @ SFU Surrey: TBA

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
I'm not technical - I can play on fast LCDs.

Technical players can't play on LCDs though. (melee obviously)
Roby obviously not Techical :chuckle:

Well im not that techical either but the lag does affect gameplay even if it just a little lag.

If Lag wasn't a big an issue to me, i would still be playing online brawl, but even i stop doing that b/c how can ANYONE deal with lag like that.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I die a little inside when I see melee on a LCD.

Kenny what time your smashfest start, I wanna get there early.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Brawl lags on LCDs too. For different reasons though. The graphics or something? I donno, but it lags plenty. It's just so slow that it doesn't mess with tech skill, just timing. Which gets you ***** either way. AND ALL LCDS DO IIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
Brawl lags on LCDs too. For different reasons though. The graphics or something? I donno, but it lags plenty. It's just so slow that it doesn't mess with tech skill, just timing. Which gets you ***** either way. AND ALL LCDS DO IIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And we have a winner, face it Marc, CRT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LCD for any Smash Game.... actually gaming in general.

Kenny what time your smashfest start, I wanna get there early.
I don't care, as soon i wake up really (Generally 6 am), but don't be showing up at like, 3 in the morning, or else i'll be really pissed and lock you out for hours.

Also for anyone who doesn't know where i live (This goes directly to Evan :p)

#204 815 4th Avenue New Westminster. Just ring and i'll pick yea up at the lobby.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
Yeah, don't try to find his apartment by yourself, last time me and evan got lost in there while trying to leave.

It's a maze i tell you

MarcBuckley

Smash Journeyman
And we have a winner, face it Marc, CRT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LCD for any Smash Game.... actually gaming in general.

I don't care, as soon i wake up really (Generally 6 am), but don't be showing up at like, 3 in the morning, or else i'll be really pissed and lock you out for hours.

Also for anyone who doesn't know where i live (This goes directly to Evan :p)

#204 815 4th Avenue New Westminster. Just ring and i'll pick yea up at the lobby.
w/e man go or don't go it's not skin off my nuts smash bros was meant to just have fun the type of TV should not matter it's not like you can make a living off of playing it

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
For fun, sure, use w/e tv you want, don't really care. But when money involved, it matters, alot.
So your not going to making a living playing the game, it still money and pride that on the line.

Also i almost forgot, for anyone who is coming, don't try to pet my rat, i don't want another Tony situation on me, again.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
m2k lives off of smash

the type of tv matters. It's like playing hockey with a hockey stick that's left handed and you play right (or vise versa)

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
LOL at the thread.

Fact is, there do exist lagless hi-def TVs, even LCDs. Your computer monitor is probably one of them. Sometimes they can be a bit expensive, but yes, they do exist.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824116111

There's one right there. You just need to find something that can display native 480i or p (which I'm guessing exists), and doesn't have any of the laggy post-processing on it. That's what makes these things lag in the first place.

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
this coming from an ike main ? i could easily stomp ur *** buddy
First of all, what you main doesn't matter, oh please, it bralw, and secondly Koskinator is a Ganon main but he still made it to the grand finals last TS2. Who you main doesn't mean nothing. Skill > Teir list.

LOL at the thread.

Fact is, there do exist lagless hi-def TVs, even LCDs. Your computer monitor is probably one of them. Sometimes they can be a bit expensive, but yes, they do exist.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824116111

There's one right there. You just need to find something that can display native 480i or p (which I'm guessing exists), and doesn't have any of the laggy post-processing on it. That's what makes these things lag in the first place.
In fact, i do have and can use that way of method........ but i'll tell you the downsize. It STILL Lags by a second or 2, could be computer issue (I bet not, i got a new laptop and tried it and it still lag). I Also can't record like that. So unless anyone has a better method i don't think this works either.

The lag wouldn't be the computer most likely, but the tv tuner card (or my case my gamebridge).

Clouderz

Smash Ace
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
brawl

idc wut tv i play on as long as its not black n white cuz then i cant see the sparks from kneeing someone in the face laawl

MarcBuckley

Smash Journeyman
lol mk well now thats a different story but i still think with some of my other characters i'd pull off at least 1 win, 3 wins if i unplug his controller lol

with that being said i think everyone should calm their ***** down D:< and just have some **** fun D:<
or lives will be lost -.- in pairs of 2

MarcBuckley

Smash Journeyman
that settle alot of confusion zero lol i knew alot of people were pissed off at brawl and stayed on melee unfortunately it wouldn't matter what TV i played melee on i would still suck since my only practice was against my brother who banned peach on me -.-

@spacefalcon
i'd be pissed of you were just across the street from me lol

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
My Brawl Falcon will **** everyone but maaaybe 5 people in BC.

Seriously, I got 3rd doubles at an SFU using JUST Falcon and I was teamed with Trozz (who didn't win a match in singles that day) and the only teams we lost to were livermen/dieslow/clouderz/someone else teams. ewwww that's how much BC sucks at Brawl.

Melee is where BC is at. lulzuluz

Top Bottom