• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
yesss Roby smash and dota all day tomorrow I'm free just call me when you can. :)

k wtf in Pokemon (I'm playing a pokemon game for the first time ever so maybe it's normal?) when a pokemon is sleeping and you attack it, how the **** can you MISS?? That makes no sense.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I didn't lose a set. I lost one match, to Fuzzy's falcon with my Sheik ( :O ).

The bracket was nonsense! In order, I had to play:

1) Fuzzy
2) Sion
3) Cowear
4) Dieslow
5) Dieslow

?? I was hoping to meet Sion in winners' finals, instead we had to send each other to losers' in second round.

We should talk about PR after today's part of the tournament.

Diakonos

Smash Lord

I think it would be silly for someone to argue against

1. Diakonos
2. Dieslow
3. Bluntedobject

Eric missed this tournament, but he's gone to every single tournament before that since this was updated. It's also not how much you go to tournaments that decides your placing-- either you go to enough tournaments to be considered, or you don't and you're not on the PR. I don't think we can say Eric can be considered inactive for missing this one tournament.

Then, I would say

4. Sion
5. Hitsugaya
6. Cowear
7. Patooty
8. Extreme
9. Noobking
10. Tahsis

Any thoughts?

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
pretty sure john was joking,
he only said that cause me john and tiep missed one tourney, and was then considered to be inactive.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
I dont see much reasoning as to why Sion would be above me. I out placed him in the tourney and took him out. Sure he does good against Fuzzy better then me but that doesnt justify him being above me. Fuzzy's best matchups are Peach/Sheik and his worst is Falco. Sion also lost to Roby in a money match where as I beat Roby.
Also how do you not pick up on the sarcasm? It was pretty ob that I was joking with the smiley face and all and when Eric said the exact same thing to us. Manuel failure.

VA

Smash Hero
Yeah although I have nothing to actually contribute, it seems that this tournaments results wouldn't warrant a +1 for Sion.

It seems that he maybe good enough to get the +1 but due to a few thing she was out placed by John. Effectively making a justification for raising him on the PR pretty difficult.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Oh, I was thinking we were considering doubles? He placed 1st, didn't you guys take 4th?

Maybe we should wait til the videos come out to judge. I am only putting forth a suggestion for discussion, not saying I am updating it to that!

Sion

Island of Horizon
i don't think i should move up yet imo. give it a bit more time to see whether i can perform well enough or not.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
If your considering doubles then why are we judging "everything" on one tournament. Seeing as how I've been first in doubles how many times now? Shouldn't you be thinking about consistency as we have been for the last who knows how long. So bascially I placed 4th and 4th, Eric placed nothing and nothing does that grant me a spot above him from this one tournament? No it doesn't.

Personally I dont see much reasoning as to why Sion gets the 1 up on me from this tournament.
Sion lost to Manuel and Me - 5th place.
I lost to Tony and Fuzzy - 4th place.
Sion may have done better against Fuzzy then me but he didn't make it that far so you have nothing to base it on because it didn't happen.

Sion lost to Roby in a money match. Not sure what the score was.
I beat Roby in a money match. A pretty solid win too. 3-0
Sion's best matchups are the spacies but he didnt perform.

Doubles - You guys beat me and Tony but everyone there including Tony (he admits it himself) knows that it wasn't me that was bad it was him. He was having an off day with all his suicides. I'm pretty sure everyone knows im probably still the best doubles player in BC.

So I would like to see your reasons as to why he would get the +1.

As you can see the PR has been getting to become illogical and more bias. Last update Ryan was moved down because of the fact that he missed one tournament and I was about to get moved down too. And when someone else misses it nothing happens. Of course everyone is bias towards themselves but for others and don't say much as to why they are above someone else. But i'll just leave it at that. So theres something to think about.

And in all seriousness I have more trouble against Matt then I do Adam and I do think Matt is an underrated player.

Sion

Island of Horizon
I already stated that i don't deserve that +1. There's absolutely no reason why there should be a long, heated discussion on whether I move up or not. Also addressing the bias issue: We have 4 panelists on the board. I doubt there would be any problems with being biased here and there.

I also think Matt is underrated. He's actually a very solid player, but I think Yakal is above him as of now. IMO there shouldn't be any talk about changes within the the higher end of the PR, with the exception of manuel/tony, but the lower end does need a couple of changes.

Top Bottom