• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Don't wanna start an argument.. but just wondering why you guys think tiep/ryan are above me? they ARE good and have experience, but improvement has slowed down for them due to inactivity. And I've kept playing.

I think all 3 of us more or less play the same against everyone, I really don't know. But they are 1000x better then me in teams and I really hope that's not part of how you are ranked, cause I don't play teams and it would be unfair.

8th just feels way to low. =_=

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
There's so many comparisons we could make here. evan should definetly not be 10th. That should go to will or Matt IMO. Manuel for first? I'm not entirely sure. He definetly played like he was our 1st ranked player though.

I also feel roby is being underrated by a few people in general. HE nearly BEAT fuzzyness, whereas someone like john got fantastically ***** ( I only say that in such a way because I have never seen a falcon so beautifully outplay a sheik like that before). Roby never enters teams so using teams to back an argument for anyone vs roby is irrelevant. The last time roby DID enter teams, he won... with manuel as his teammate against me and eric in the grand finals (and yes, john, tiep, ryan, and tony were not in attendance). Overall, roby was just playing **** and has continued to improve noticeably within the past few months. Whereas, I have not seen many (if any) improvement from others around the same rank as him such as tiep, ryan, and myself.

I did fine in doubles beating john and tony. Then I proceeded to take dex and play the worst i ever have in tournament, losing to vish and yakal. However, anyone who was at day 2 will tell you i made up for my terrible preformance on day 1. (vids to come) Everyone knows (or should know) that I am still capable of beating many of the players on our PR. When I said "take me off" I was being extremely emo so just ignore that I guess (looks like manuel did that right away).

Manuel didn't lose a single match to tony. Granted, tony was playing noticably worse then he usually does. I would say 1st place is very close at the moment. If Manuel can do that or something like it next tournament vs tony, I would put him at first for sure.

Sion: Was labelled by Fuzzyness as "the best player in BC", that being the only non-biased opinion we can all trust. Sion and manuel took first in teams. Sion lost in what I would say is one of his worst matchups. Falco vs peach. Placed one spot behind john in singles. Based on the turn of events in the past 3-4 months, I have no problem putting sion at 4th.

IMO

1/2 tony/manuel
3 eric
4 sion
5 john
6 ryan
7 roby
8 tiep
9 adam
10 matt/will/edgeluca? I didn't really watch any of these guys play at all on saturday, so I really have no input regarding 10th. All I know is edgeluca (an up and coming player who gives a **** about the game), defeated our previously ranked 10th spot player in tournament. With SAMUS. Last I checked, Jiggs ***** Samus.

Sion

Island of Horizon
Its not new. I've had it for awhile now. Its the same problem as my Luigi controller so its probably just me. I sweat to much and then to much gunk builds up in the control stick probably.
maybe you should open them up. i've wanted to open my controllers for quite some time now.

as for me moving up, i have no actual evidence as to why i should move up.

---also, i agree with tiep in regarding updates. sure, the PR may need one, but did we not agree to seasonal updates? if we updated it again, we'd just be following our old routine of updating it just for the sake of egotistical needs.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
The 'spring update' was more like a 'late winter update' considering there was none for winter.

Bad days or good days, counter picks or easy wins, John still should have fourth over Sion, Ryan should still be up there with them above Tiep/Roby/others, Evan for sure isn't 10th and Manuel literally made a sweep on the entire last 2 tournaments in every event, essentially 4 stocking this May tournament. The ONLY argument for him not being 1st is 'Tony had a bad day', but it was Tony's first 'day' at all for a LONG time and there has been no reason for him to keep first aside from being there already. He could be first still, but right now, Manuel is undoubtedly 1st in BC. Evan is in no way a top 10 player, Yakal, Matt, etc all doing better and knowing their situations and levels quite well amongst each other.

1st and 10th DO warrant a change. There's nothing really questionable about that. And NOW is a good a time as any to do it. THEN you wait until a mid summer/late summer update when Eric is back, tourneys are more frequent, whatever else.

Right now, there are those 2 things that stand out.

Is Will legit? I got to play a bit...but I donno :\

Sion

Island of Horizon
The 'spring update' was more like a 'late winter update' considering there was none for winter.

1st and 10th DO warrant a change. There's nothing really questionable about that. And NOW is a good a time as any to do it. THEN you wait until a mid summer/late summer update when Eric is back, tourneys are more frequent, whatever else.

Right now, there are those 2 things that stand out.

Is Will legit? I got to play a bit...but I donno :\
I never disagreed with any of your points. I disagree that we should be updating it. The point of having seasonal (even though we were late last time) updates is for enough things to happen between periods of time, and to give people ample opportunity to do what they can for their spot.
quoted tiep to address your "update" idea.

Basically, we saw a bunch of people do bad once. We've only had 1 tournament go by, so if we update it now, we'd just be following old roots. Following placement criteria, updating the list wouldn't compliment the consistency criteria at all. Like I said, if we updated it, it'd just be updated out of ego. That's just my opinion though.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
Even Mango loses matches :D
Yay there is no best so someone from BC can do it!

so I guess no one can be first.
lol yeah Manuel lost 1 XD

I know what you mean Sion, and what Tiep means, so without actually making an update, I suggest removing it all together.
That's probably the most 'egoless' (a shame that's a factor lol) and 'reasonable' (despite some obvious things) action.

That would be my opinion on the PR, though it's not something most people would agree with. :)

btw Adam, almost nothing I say is my opinion, if I stated my opinion people wouldn't listen lol
I just point out essentials that are overlooked/underlooked/whatever.
This thread happens to be PR and involves people/AKA things get personal/egos take over. Notice I won't be PR material anytime, maybe ever, and things are easier to see from outside. This applies to everything, ranking things included. I just call em as I seez em.
PS, so far everything I've ever posted regarding PRs has been accurate to date. (aside from when I say otherwise or say i donno) Just saying. LOL :D

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
cuz i don't exist, right adam? lmao

ehh that's okay, PR isn't something i'm worried about or care for anymore. I guess i'm just not improving cuz of inactivity.

and if you *adam* are going to say edgeluca is better than I (when I went to victoria a few weeks ago i handily took care of him as well as MM's) just because he beat evan...well you probably didn't realize that the one time I played evan in tourney *pools* I 2-0'd him sooooooo keep that in mind

oh and also that you lost to me, but i guess that doesn't matter at all because you were playing "horrible"

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
will is so fun to play with you guys, he does stuff

but so is adam cuz he does stuff to

and even davy...

I think there's a trend here...(main falcon, james)

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...alright...
I'll have to learn how to combo into knee to do stuff though, right?
Or does superboom edgeguard count as 'stuff' ?

Edgewhatever isn't close to Yakal lol
Okanagan ***** him, Yakal doesn't QUITE get ***** by Okanagan, but close

I lost to Evans Ness in tourney so can I never be PR? ;D
please say yes

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I must have missed the part where everyone(including me) agreed they wanted an update after this tournament?

I never disagreed with any of your points. I disagree that we should be updating it. The point of having seasonal (even though we were late last time) updates is for enough things to happen between periods of time, and to give people ample opportunity to do what they can for their spot.
Tiep, you said that a PR update was unwarranted. If what you meant was "we should wait for the next season", then I have to say that was grossly poor communication.

In my mind, when you said a PR update was unwarranted, it means "I don't see a reason to update, the PR is fine as it is". If the PR is to be an indication of recent performance, I would say "No, it doesn't accurately represent recent performance".

We did talk about updating after this tournament. You chose to stay silent-- for what purpose? What, do we cancel the pizza order because someone was in the washroom and doesn't want mushroom on their pizza? As I recall, we updated it on the premise that we would have a "before and after" kind of scenario. If you know want to rescind, it seems kind of unprofessional. Nonetheless, I'll agree with you. I see no problem waiting to update, but God only knows what tournament you're waiting for before we update-- there is none planned. Summer begins on June 21.
I sandbagged to make you look good in front of Emily

and who isn't better than evan
I lol'd in the library when I read this.
Don't wanna start an argument.. but just wondering why you guys think tiep/ryan are above me? they ARE good and have experience, but improvement has slowed down for them due to inactivity. And I've kept playing.

I think all 3 of us more or less play the same against everyone, I really don't know. But they are 1000x better then me in teams and I really hope that's not part of how you are ranked, cause I don't play teams and it would be unfair.

8th just feels way to low. =_=
Ryan performs well pretty frequently. He had the easiest bracket in the world this tournament, but he still played well, especially in doubles. I believe doubles is an additional indicator of performance, but it's not ground-breaking. Doubles forces you to think on your feet pretty often, instead of having set combos in your mind and mindlessly pressing buttons.

I don't know what is to be said of Tiep, maybe someone else can offer some insight?
maybe you should open them up. i've wanted to open my controllers for quite some time now.

as for me moving up, i have no actual evidence as to why i should move up.

---also, i agree with tiep in regarding updates. sure, the PR may need one, but did we not agree to seasonal updates? if we updated it again, we'd just be following our old routine of updating it just for the sake of egotistical needs.
The psychoanalysis routine is getting old. To attempt to point out someone's psychological incentives assumes that one is not bound to his own psychological incentives in observing the primer.

hey guys

if you wanna be 1st you just have to win every single match, every time.
I know eh? Unless you managed to get first at one point. Then you can just say you played bad and thus retain your spot.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Just because Fuzzy says Sion is "the best player in BC" doesn't mean he is. You know Fuzzy also said that Tony's Falco is a lot better then his Fox and we all know that isnt true. And pretty sure I didn't get *****. 1-2 stock isnt ****.
Also saying that YOU beat me and Tony in teams is bull**** and you know it. You got carried hard by Fuzzy. We also went through it that Tony was playing terrible in doubles. Pretty sure you didn't play "fine" in doubles because in almost every single match Fuzzy was complaining about you.

I guess I have to say this ALL again because Adam cant read apparently.
Sion lost to me. (Sure it could be his worse)
He also lost to Roby (Fox is probably one of his best matchups)
Fuzzy has a hard time with Falco and Sion puts more pressure then a normal Falco so its only natural that someone would say he is the best.

I lost to Tony (Fox which is one of my worst match ups)
and Fuzzy (Falcon which is also one of my bad match ups and Sheik/Peach is his best match ups. Mind you I didn't even play Peach against him)
And what is this "turn of events in the last 3-4 months" from Sion? He out ranked me in one tournament and every other tournament I pretty much took him out.

dieslow

Smash Ace
actually i take that back; i played bad LOL! (u mad? MM me fool!)

i quit falco btw and no more dex, i swear that shiet made me play worse adam u FUKKER!!

lol i remember sion saying something like, "dieslows falco plays a weird falco, like hes not a falco main"

hit the nail on the head there lolo.

manuel: i find it funny though how u say we should do seasonal updates and then jump quick to update once u win a tourney knowing there's no planned tournies in awhile :laugh:

and u still managed to dodge a MM against me u mofo!!!!!1 i swear its extremely poor etiquette to take grand finals and then decline a MM from me, learn proper gambling etiquette pls. (we are technically gambling after all, putting money in the pot and what not)

Diakonos

Smash Lord
actually i take that back; i played bad LOL! (u mad? MM me fool!)

i quit falco btw and no more dex, i swear that shiet made me play worse adam u FUKKER!!

lol i remember sion saying something like, "dieslows falco plays a weird falco, like hes not a falco main"

hit the nail on the head there lolo.

manuel: i find it funny though how u say we should do seasonal updates and then jump quick to update once u win a tourney knowing there's no planned tournies in awhile :laugh:

and u still managed to dodge a MM against me u mofo!!!!!1 i swear its extremely poor etiquette to take grand finals and then decline a MM from me, learn proper gambling etiquette pls. (we are technically gambling after all, putting money in the pot and what not)
lol .

Bwmat

Smash Ace
Yeah, I really saw this during crews when you played against meta

up throw up air?
jab up smash?
with falco lol?

worked well though

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Just because Fuzzy says Sion is "the best player in BC" doesn't mean he is. You know Fuzzy also said that Tony's Falco is a lot better then his Fox and we all know that isnt true. And pretty sure I didn't get *****. 1-2 stock isnt ****.
Also saying that YOU beat me and Tony in teams is bull**** and you know it. You got carried hard by Fuzzy. We also went through it that Tony was playing terrible in doubles. Pretty sure you didn't play "fine" in doubles because in almost every single match Fuzzy was complaining about you.

I guess I have to say this ALL again because Adam cant read apparently.
Sion lost to me. (Sure it could be his worse)
He also lost to Roby (Fox is probably one of his best matchups)
Fuzzy has a hard time with Falco and Sion puts more pressure then a normal Falco so its only natural that someone would say he is the best.

I lost to Tony (Fox which is one of my worst match ups)
and Fuzzy (Falcon which is also one of my bad match ups and Sheik/Peach is his best match ups. Mind you I didn't even play Peach against him)
And what is this "turn of events in the last 3-4 months" from Sion? He out ranked me in one tournament and every other tournament I pretty much took him out.
The comment about fuzzy thinking sion is the best in BC is meant to be no more then what it sounds like. An opinion of someone from outside of our community. I never said it should dictate where sion goes. As far as I know, Fuzzyness just has more trouble with falco in general beacuse there are no good falcos where he is.

1-2 stocking a sheik with falcon IS ****.

Also, saying that I beat you and tony in teams is accurate enough. I did not get carried. I remember getting several clutch kills and the only thing fuzzy complained about was getting kneed 2-3 times in 1 set. I didn't complain about all the times he hit me as well. I will even have Fuzzyness come on here and vouge for me that this is true just incase you really want me to clear things up about that. I did play fine in doubles. Most of the matches I was either stock tanking, or getting the majority of the kills. There are vids to prove that (whenever they come out).

I guess I have to say ALL this again because John can't read apparently. Also, Adam got a 5 on the LPI and has more then sufficient reading comprehension. yay for adam.

Sion lost to Roby in a MM (not tournament). But at the same time Roby NARROWLY lost to fuzzyness (in tournament). Which should be given more weight?

Also, how is falcon one of your bad matchups with sheik? It's so ****ing auto.

In regards to sion, I just see him giving more people a hard time more often than you do overall. Along with his recent placings and winnings over people in top 3 (or at least giving them really close sets), I would put him at 4th. It is my opinion based upon observation. Plain and simple.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Hey im just gonna throw my two cents here as someone not familiar with the BC scene. I really dont have a say between 7th - 4th lol, that's close and up to you guys. But I think for sure:

manuel for 1st, tony 2nd
yakal for 10th, move meta out

Diakonos

Smash Lord
:D the only thing to analyze is why we haven't made Michael a panelist yet! What a stupendous show of utter wit.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Lol Adam. You should ask around and find out how much Fuzzy was QQ'ing about you especially at lunch when we went to Subway. Ask Manuel or Tiep.

What does Roby narrowly losing to Fuzzy having anything to do with 4/5th spot between me and Sion? Please specify.

And yes Falcon is one of my worst matchups. I always get nervous when I have to play a good falcon and usually lost to them. Its only auto-win against you.

I've beaten Eric several times in recent tournaments and pretty much never had Manuel on my side of the brackets in a few months now. I have always had Tony on my side. So how can I be judged by how I do against the 3 when I dont even play Manuel in tournament.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Lol Adam. You should ask around and find out how much Fuzzy was QQ'ing about you especially at lunch when we went to Subway. Ask Manuel or Tiep.

What does Roby narrowly losing to Fuzzy having anything to do with 4/5th spot between me and Sion? Please specify.

And yes Falcon is one of my worst matchups. I always get nervous when I have to play a good falcon and usually lost to them. Its only auto-win against you.

I've beaten Eric several times in recent tournaments and pretty much never had Manuel on my side of the brackets in a few months now. I have always had Tony on my side. So how can I be judged by how I do against the 3 when I dont even play Manuel in tournament.
I still stand by what I said about teams. I don't really care what fuzzy was saying to you guys. vids will show I am right.

In regards to comparisons with roby vs fuzzy. The comparison you made was roby vs sion which was a MM, not even tournament. However, Roby almost beat fuzzyness and it just seems that most people are paying no attention to that so i decided to bring it up as well. Why would you use one money match to try to support your argument of you vs sion?

When have you ever played a good falcon aside from SS? Also, when I said auto, i meant the matchup is so auto for sheik. Falcon has like the worst tech roll in the game and sheik has the easiest tech chase in the game, therefore it shouldn't be hard at all to win.

I have nothing to say in response to the rest of your post. :/

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Ummm I played Scar. I've played Romeo. I've played Hax.
Money Matches has not as much but still count towards PR because its serious matches. Dont know why you would mention Roby's spot in the middle of saying Sion should be 4th. Why wouldn't I mention it is the question. It's a money match its not friendlies and they are still serious matches.

Why would you use one match of Roby vs Fuzzy in which he did lose to support his spot? I have nothing against Roby im just pulling an Adam on this one.

I do think Roby is good and should be a bit higher but im not basing it on this one tournament.

And no Sheik vs Falcon is not auto for sheik. Its not like someone can just pick up sheik and destroy every single falcon. Manuel's Sheik also lost to Fuzzy's Falcon and his sheik is just as good as mine. So as you can see its not auto for Sheik.

I'm also really disappointed in the amount of respect people are giving our Tournament Hosts. I saw a lot of bashing at Evan at the tournament. If you don't like the way he runs things then host your own tournament. Don't give him **** about the way he runs it. If your late dont be a homo about it and just apologize.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Apologies for making a post that was so open to misinterpretation.

Anyways, since we're in agreement that this isn't going to be updated yet, most of what's being said is moot. Just keep in mind what happened in this tournament for next time. Mostly that:
1. Manuel *****
2. Adam noob'd
3. Manuel and Sion won teams
4. People's placings who are in consideration for 10th. Will/Yakal/Matt - All maybe even 9/10th depending on how they keep going.

I'm sure I'm missing at least one more significant thing that happened... I was just thinking about it! Feel free to add to the list but I honestly feel not much else that is significant occured.

Manuel... doesn't know how I do in teams? O.o
Of the last 4 tournaments, me and Ryan got second 3 times, and first once. When we lose, it's onlyto John and Tony(minus the most previous one obviously). I used to be better than Ryan in teams, but IMO he fulfills a more difficult role than me, and is now better at his role than I am at mine. We lost to you because of me. There aren't very many teams players here, but I think it's very safe to say that I'm at LEAST 4th on the teams PR. Probably 3rd.

As for what tournament I'm waiting for to update the PR. The answer is none. I'm just waiting for time to pass. Things happen that are outside of tournament that I think are up for consideration. I chatted with Sion and one of the things I told him is that BC's biggest issue with the PR is that people don't play each other enough. Especially you and Tony. Avoiding playing each other is understandable right before a tournament... even right after one since you're both probably tired of playing matches. But why aren't you playing at all outside of tournament? Figuring out who's better shouldn't be difficult, just play with each other more. When I went to a smashfest with Will and Sion, I decided it was ok that Sion be above me. I think we can have valuable input even without tournaments.

One last mention: The winter update (yes there was one) happened at the beginning of winter. The Spring update happened in the middle of Spring. What do we want to happen for the Summer update, and updates going forward?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I would also vouch for respect towards TO.

I wish Evan had things a bit more together. The unspeakable (and apparently unforseeable) atrocities of SFU towards this tournament were perhaps a bit out of his control, but I wish that a better organizing job had been done. I wish that people were contacted by Evan himself to arrange for at least a place to sleep. I wish that the first post was constantly updated. That aside, I'm grateful that we had a tournament, and I don't think it's fair for people to be rude towards any other player.

Is it true grand finals wasn't recorded? I'd have liked to see what I did right and wrong.

Regarding Tiep's post:
* I think that it should be updated at the beginning of the season. That way, during the winter, the winter PR is valid. Kinda make sense?
* I know you do well in teams; I was referring to how you've been doing in singles. Can you shed some light? I haven't played you in tourney for a long time (I feel, at least). I also haven't been keeping track with how you've performed at the last 3 or so tournaments.
* I have no problem waiting. I was led by the false presupposition that we had agreed to update after the tournament, completing the before/after thing I thought we had going. It could be that some major smashfests show up here and there, and some recorded MM or whatever take place that help solidify placings in our minds.
* I normally am busy with school, too busy to make it out to Surrey. I was staying in Richmond this past year, don't forget. I don't drive. I was hoping to smash with Tony today, but I wound up being contacted by James and smashed with him instead.

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
I dont know but tournaments lately have been the same brackets. I always face Tony 3rd round. I always face Tiep 2nd round and I usually always face Sion right away in losers brackets. I seem to never get Ryan/Manuel/Roby in my brackets ever.

Michael_BluFalco

Smash Journeyman
I would also vouch for respect towards TO.

I wish Evan had things a bit more together. The unspeakable (and apparently unforseeable) atrocities of SFU towards this tournament were perhaps a bit out of his control, but I wish that a better organizing job had been done. I wish that people were contacted by Evan himself to arrange for at least a place to sleep. I wish that the first post was constantly updated. That aside, I'm grateful that we had a tournament, and I don't think it's fair for people to be rude towards any other player.

Is it true grand finals wasn't recorded? I'd have liked to see what I did right and wrong.

Regarding Tiep's post:
* I think that it should be updated at the beginning of the season. That way, during the winter, the winter PR is valid. Kinda make sense?
* I know you do well in teams; I was referring to how you've been doing in singles. Can you shed some light? I haven't played you in tourney for a long time (I feel, at least). I also haven't been keeping track with how you've performed at the last 3 or so tournaments.
* I have no problem waiting. I was led by the false presupposition that we had agreed to update after the tournament, completing the before/after thing I thought we had going. It could be that some major smashfests show up here and there, and some recorded MM or whatever take place that help solidify placings in our minds.
* I normally am busy with school, too busy to make it out to Surrey. I was staying in Richmond this past year, don't forget. I don't drive. I was hoping to smash with Tony today, but I wound up being contacted by James and smashed with him instead.

grand finals was recorded but evan pulled the plug to the power bar to stop adam from playin after he was told not to & the powerbar was hooked to the laptop + tvs & setup then i heard daze rage at evan cuz the grand finals were not saved & then evan facepalmed himself

VA

Smash Hero
something worth mentioning about fuzzy, he's very biased. if he finds someone difficult to play against = they are the best.

you should really consider this as his UK rankings is pretty far off what it actually is. He thinks retroking is the best other than him when me and prof do not lose to retroking in tournament.

Top Bottom