• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
VA for PR?
I say we actually do this. I am not joking around. This is why...

He's been here for over 2 months which makes him the LONGEST STAYING OOS player to have ever come to BC I believe. I also, just don't think it's a fair representation as to how outisders would view our rankings. Our PR list SHOULD contain all the people who are CURRENTLY ranked top 10 and in the correct order. We had Kuriko on there for a month or two and he had only come to ONE tournament. HE never came to many more after that and we took him off cuz of it. VA AKA VANITY ANGEL AKA **** AZZ MOTHA ****EN GANGSSZZZZTTTAAAAA AAAAZZZZ *****H NAMED ROBBY... has been to SEVERAL tournaments and done well enough to prove himself I'd say at least a spot on our PR list until he falls under our definition of being an "inactive" smasher.

Discuss...

AIDS

Smash Lord
You still called him an OOS smasher, he does not live here. If he was staying in B.C. I would say yes, but he is just here for a shorter period of time. Gimpyfish was active in B.C. A lot, but he never made it on PR (besides example) and also the PR is updated only so often. Evan is not active in B.C. a lot and he is 9th, and many people think also Adam should be moved down, as those topics are also discussed and need to be taken into action. He is good enough, but I disagree with it.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
You still called him an OOS smasher, he does not live here. If he was staying in B.C. I would say yes, but he is just here for a shorter period of time. Gimpyfish was active in B.C. A lot, but he never made it on PR (besides example) and also the PR is updated only so often. Evan is not active in B.C. a lot and he is 9th, and many people think also Adam should be moved down, as those topics are also discussed and need to be taken into action. He is good enough, but I disagree with it.
Many people also got ***** last tourney >.>.... by me.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I say he should be on it. He's basically been a very active BC smasher for a long time now. Respect!
*pounds chest and does that peace sign thing whatever majiger*

DO IT!!!

Metà

Smash Master
Isn't VA leaving in early September though? It wouldn't really make much sense for him to be added now, since he's about to leave. No disrespect to him though; he's definitely good enough to be on PR, and has proven that at tournaments.

Also, Keith, I'm not really all that inactive. I still play the game a lot, and I've probably been to more tournaments than you have. It's just that I miss most tournaments in the summer due to travel, and I'm also a university student with no driver's license. -_-

tl;dr: johnz

VA

Smash Hero
You may as well add me, it doesn't really make any difference, just take me off when I leave or someone is better than I was and I naturally fall off. It's logical for evan and keith to argue for me not being on there, as clearly neither of them want to move down ;)

Am I saying your opinions are invalid because you both sit in an entirely biased position? Who knows.

Anyway if a few of the panelists want to put me on I'd be all like: yay thanks wow cool yes awesome. But if not I don't mind either. I LOVE VANCOUVER SMASH <3

AIDS

Smash Lord
Many people also got ***** last tourney >.>.... by me.
Who did you beat, and who did you beat you?
The arguement for you to be moved down from Roby was very recent, and he put his PR idea up, and many others agreed with it.
Isn't VA leaving in early September though? It wouldn't really make much sense for him to be added now, since he's about to leave. No disrespect to him though; he's definitely good enough to be on PR, and has proven that at tournaments.

Also, Keith, I'm not really all that inactive. I still play the game a lot, and I've probably been to more tournaments than you have. It's just that I miss most tournaments in the summer due to travel, and I'm also a university student with no driver's license. -_-

tl;dr: johnz
Lol, I am not inactive...I am inactive with johns? Haha Evan.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
VA is gonna be on the PR if his not then we'll have our own thread and it'll be the Roby only PR and everyone will be 1st.

I'm no panelist but from last tourney this is my list.

1] Eric
2] Manuel
3] Tiep
4] Adam/Tony
5] Adam/Tony
6] Ryan/Roby1/Roby2
7] Ryan/Roby1/Roby2
8] Ryan/Roby1/Roby2
9] Matt
10] Evan

Keith you'z off baby. Less preach more crouch cancel down smash.

And Adam beat me in tournament Keith, but I beat him in MM. :evil:

Metà

Smash Master
Who did you beat, and who did you beat you?
The arguement for you to be moved down from Roby was very recent, and he put his PR idea up, and many others agreed with it.
Lol, I am not inactive...I am inactive with johns? Haha Evan.
Not inactive, just less active. lol

This isn't a contest of how many tournaments you can go to. It's how well you play at the ones you do attend. : )

EDIT: Also, I just realized, all the smashfests and tournaments I've been at in the last few months, you haven't attended because of church or something. We all lives outside of smash, don't we Keith? When are we going to do that money match?

AIDS

Smash Lord
VA is gonna be on the PR if his not then we'll have our own thread and it'll be the Roby only PR and everyone will be 1st.

I'm no panelist but from last tourney this is my list.

1] Eric
2] Manuel
3] Tiep
4] Adam/Tony
5] Adam/Tony
6] Ryan/Roby1/Roby2
7] Ryan/Roby1/Roby2
8] Ryan/Roby1/Roby2
9] Matt
10] Evan

Keith you'z off baby. Less preach more crouch cancel down smash.

And Adam beat me in tournament Keith, but I beat him in MM. :evil:
Ok Roby, I personally don't care, I just said what I felt, as he is not evan a BC Smasher, but a OoS smasher. If m2k, and a bunch of people come for a big tournament they will be on the PR, perfect sence! I see you have a clear mind to think things through for the best. =) How could I ever doubt you?

As I said, that is how I feel, but I personally don't mind what ever is done.

Not inactive, just less active. lol

This isn't a contest of how many tournaments you can go to. It's how well you play at the ones you do attend. : )

EDIT: Also, I just realized, all the smashfests and tournaments I've been at in the last few months, you haven't attended because of church or something. We all lives outside of smash, don't we Keith? When are we going to do that money match?
I still go, just time is limited, but I still do singles + doubles

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
The whole thing is, VA's been here for awhile. Hell, he even came to the Okanagan, smashed it up, and took some of our money from two of our best Melee smashers here.

Even though my word is probably nothing since I've been to one SFU or even coastal tournament, I support VA for PR.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Sweet, I finally got my computer to recognize the video files that we recorded. Will be uploading later this week. (Either tomorrow or Wednesday)

Thanks to all who donated!

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
The fact is that VA has been around for quite a while. He will also be leaving in 3 weeks, not just September. He is definitely good enough to be on.

Based on performance and what I've seen:

1) Man-wick
3) John
4) Tony
5) Adam
6) Tiep
7) Ryab
8) Extreme
9) VanityAngel
10) Kuriko (Adam and Eric say he's ****, far better than some of the people we had down)
11) Matthew

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Panelists. Lets keep our lists discussions to the Facebook conversation that Manuel made for that exact purpose. Although, I suppose posting a list here doesn't hurt too.

1. Eric
2. Manuel
3. Tony
4. me
5. tiep
6. Ryan
7. Roby
8. Robby
9. Kuriko/Matt
10. Kuriko/Matt

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Sweet, I finally got my computer to recognize the video files that we recorded. Will be uploading later this week. (Either tomorrow or Wednesday)

Thanks to all who donated!
YAY! Tiep, I'll pay you another $20 to start compiling some of my falcon combos for my combo video :D Actually, could you make me one for $20?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Next time I'm in Van, I just wanna play a ton. Now that I got my melee game back to where I was and I can actually play, it'll be way funner playing all you guys :D

I might not be there for a while, but I'll try and keep my game up after Daltsy leaves :[

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
The climb must begin somewhere...

And Manly Manli + King of N00bs must be agreed with! Or they will beat you down with...you know what.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
Man , I want to go to a BC tournament. I never play in tournaments and playing new people is fun. I just play howard all year while in Victoria, and my bro (jammin jobus) all summer while in yukon lmao.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I'll be there adam, at 5.

Try to find a copy some where near your work, maybe brentwood at EB games.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
dude, I don't get home till after that time, esp if I go to buy melee first. Call me b4 coming over plz :)

EDIT: Also, I'd REALLY like to smash somewhere else besides my place today. ESPECIALLY considering I don't even have melee, lets figure out something else for today ppl.

Robys, Manuels, Tonys? anything but my place plz T_T

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Alright we'll go to my house, bring setup and 'dem beeeer

I'm gonna be at metro till 5 probably I'll scout the land for melee. Pretty sure EB would have it anyway though.

i'll call you around 4-5

dieslow

Smash Ace
so according to

ADAM, MANUEL,ERIC (3/4)

im 3rd on the PR.

manuel: lets trade spots soon, k? *oo0o0o no he dint*

tiep *****

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Lol yay PR thread.

Tony, pretty sure you'd have to be better than Eric to trade spots with me, since a bunch of people consider me and earwick to be pretty close. Especially Honda people. As in, Eric and I.

PANELISTS. TO THE FACEBOOKMOBILE!

dieslow

Smash Ace
LOL way to safeguard yourself behind Eric. A bunch of people consider you where you are on the PR mainly cause you do well against Eric. As in the other panelists >.>

unityole

Smash Lord
I dont think your as good as Eric, Manuel.
i second that, but mainly cause you scream and pause when you're about to lose a stock.
eric is more quiet and looks more professional while playing smash...

=o

mak-dall

Smash Rookie
I also am ready to play some melee at SFU. I improved since July 12.

And my name's is not AJ!!!

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Lol well, I hear a bunch of people are going to GC next week. Doubt I can go, though. All I can do is play MM's?

Either way, it's all good, as long as people are enjoying the game they are playing. I'll likely go down the list anyway as inactivity kicks in from school.

=D smash next weekend?

Rampage

vx
Lol well, I hear a bunch of people are going to GC next week. Doubt I can go, though. All I can do is play MM's?

Either way, it's all good, as long as people are enjoying the game they are playing. I'll likely go down the list anyway as inactivity kicks in from school.

=D smash next weekend?
SFU next weekend according to jack so yes :D

Top Bottom